PDA

View Full Version : Immigration Reform Needed for Maids and Landscapers

patrickt
02-26-2014, 06:22 AM
"It's a damn good thing for Alex Sink, the Democrat running against David Jolly in a tight Florida special election for Congress, that she isn't a Republican."

She asks the critical question of where employers will find hotel maids and landscapers? This question is especially critical now that U.S. citizens have been freed of the trap of having to work.

Check out the video.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/02/25/Florida-Democrat-we-need-immigration-reform-to-get-hotel-maids-and-lawn-guys

Common
02-26-2014, 06:26 AM
I agree thats just a stupid statement on her part, however she took that out of the Repbublican Fla Congress playbook, WHo are at this minute pushing to pass in state tuition for ALL ILLEGALS living in the state, because Rick Scott is trailing Charlie Crist for governor. One of the reasons they gave is very similar to Sinks, Fla needs the labor

All politicians are full of it patrickt and the key to it all is WHATS IN IT FOR ME.

Max Rockatansky
02-26-2014, 06:38 AM
Agreed it's stupid. It ranks right up there with Biden's "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy" for racist comments.

midcan5
02-26-2014, 07:00 AM
What world do you guys live in? She forgot snow shoving, I even saw a few women recently doing that work for a local contractor who probably treats them hunky dory. Then there are home cleaning people, some organized by legal organizations, and I personally know a building cleaning company who hire illegals, who can say which is which huh? Hola! Then there are nannies and other services for the young and sometimes old. One can look at this stuff through various glasses: capitalism at work? true entrepreneurs? modern slavery? privileged peasants? Who else would do it? serfdom revisited, take your pick. As the American economy improves among the top 20% the jobs they will come. Do you speak Spanish? Adios.

And please don't tell me Americans won't do this work, my daily commute on bicycle was past a temporary work organization, it was always crowded. And this was 5AM. Legality is a hard thing for some to fathom.

Cigar
02-26-2014, 07:04 AM
Never heard of Alex Sink until now. :rollseyes:

I'm guess we've been debating Immigration Reform longer than anyone has been debating Alex Sink.

patrickt
02-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Okay, Midcan. I won't tell you anything you don't want to hear. I understand the limitations of liberals.