PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Blogs and Websites Blamed for Influencing Norway Massacre

Conley
07-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Wow...yes, it's all the internet's fault.

::)

"The man accused of the killing spree in Norway was deeply influenced by a small group of American bloggers and writers who have warned for years about the threat from Islam, lacing his 1,500-page manifesto with quotations from them, as well as copying multiple passages from the tract of the Unabomber.

In the document he posted online, Anders Behring Breivik, who is accused of bombing government buildings and killing scores of young people at a Labor Party camp, showed that he had closely followed the acrimonious American debate over Islam.

His manifesto, which denounced Norwegian politicians as failing to defend the country from Islamic influence, quoted Robert Spencer, who operates the Jihad Watch Web site, 64 times, and cited other Western writers who shared his view that Muslim immigrants pose a grave danger to Western culture."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/25/us/25debate.html?_r=4&ref=global-home

Mister D
07-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Disgusting. Anders' mentions a whole host of people in his manifesto from American and European bloggers to philosophers to historical personages to the fucking Unabomber.

Actually, Anders' views are not extreme at all. At least not the fear of Islam and the perceived threat of losing a European identity. They are shared by many Europeans and perhaps a majority.

Mister D
07-25-2011, 07:47 PM
You subscribe to the NYT! Conley! :o :-\

Conley
07-25-2011, 07:57 PM

Haha how do you figure? Like I have money to burn?

Mister D
07-25-2011, 08:03 PM

I clicked on it and got a subscription log in.

Mister D
07-25-2011, 08:06 PM
BTW, newspaper subscriptions are very inexpensive these days.

I'd like to start subscribing to The Economist again but it's over hundred bucks and it's weekly. I dropped it because there were a lot of weeks where I just didn't read any of it.

Conley
07-25-2011, 08:15 PM

:D

That's because you've read too many NYT articles this month! Hahah BUSTED. I think you get 15 free a month or so. You can reset it easily by just clearing your cookies I think.

Mister D
07-25-2011, 08:17 PM

:D

That's because you've read too many NYT articles this month! Hahah BUSTED. I think you get 15 free a month or so. You can reset it easily by just clearing your cookies I think.

Hmmm...maybe I've clicked on a lot of sources. :D I don't read any papers at this point.

Conley
07-25-2011, 08:19 PM

I'd like to start subscribing to The Economist again but it's over hundred bucks and it's weekly. I dropped it because there were a lot of weeks where I just didn't read any of it.

Good to know. I'd subscribe to online stuff but I think print is a waste of money and resources these days, plus as you said it piles up and then I feel either obligated or guilty.

Mister D
07-25-2011, 08:22 PM

Good to know. I'd subscribe to online stuff but I think print is a waste of money and resources these days, plus as you said it piles up and then I feel either obligated or guilty.

Yeah, that shit piles up and fast too. Before you know it there are stacks of magazines in your house.

You're right. Digital is the way to go. I subscribe to a few journals and I get the print versions but they are bi-monthly and I kind of like keeping the so I don't mind. It's only a few bucks less anyway to go digital.

freecell
07-25-2011, 09:40 PM

I quit just about all mine. Medical ones I still get.

MMC
07-26-2011, 03:35 AM
Hmmmm.....The Chicago Sun-times Newspaper is only 5 dollars a week. Of Course at times they will throw in the bonus' of Chicago Sports memorabialia.

The Post-Tribune.....they have offered for 1.25 a week.

Both Papers are 7 days, a weekly service. Looks like those East Coast News Media outlets and writers sure do like to make people pay for themselves to be heard.

IMO I think we should take the East Cost Media as off the plan as to lead the nation with transparency.

But this guy making statements concerning anything about the US overseas will be played upon by the APF.....of course then our East Coast Media Outlets will say this is all relevent as a way to tie the acts of violence to terroism.

What did that one guy say when he shot Reagan.....oh yeah he luved Jodie Foster. Course he wasnt getting all info off of the internet back then.

Conley
07-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Hmmmm.....The Chicago Sun-times Newspaper is only 5 dollars a week. Of Course at times they will throw in the bonus' of Chicago Sports memorabialia.

Both Papers are 7 days, a weekly service. Looks like those East Coast News Media outlets and writers sure do like to make people pay for themselves to be heard.

IMO I think we should take the East Cost Media as off the plan as to lead the nation with transparency.

But this guy making statements concerning anything about the US overseas will be played upon by the APF.....of course then our East Coast Media Outlets will say this is all relevent as a way to tie the acts of violence to terroism.

What did that one guy say when he shot Reagan.....oh yeah he luved Jodie Foster. Course he wasnt getting all info off of the internet back then.

Our local paper is only a few bucks a week I think, but it's all available online and since it's legal, I just read it there. It's mostly full of AP stuff anyone. I just use it for the local news, like trying to find out why a police chopper is circling my neighborhood. It happens so much now most of the time they don't even report what led up to it. I guess I need to start listening to the police scanner.

MMC
07-26-2011, 11:57 AM

Our local paper is only a few bucks a week I think, but it's all available online and since it's legal, I just read it there. It's mostly full of AP stuff anyone. I just use it for the local news, like trying to find out why a police chopper is circling my neighborhood. It happens so much now most of the time they don't even report what led up to it. I guess I need to start listening to the police scanner.

Young De & Xzibit (Feat. Mykestro) - Figure It Out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nym7GgWfmE#ws)

For your neck of the Wood.....I think these guys know how to Figure It Out. >:D ;D

Conley
07-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Exhibit A, for the prosecution ;D

MMC
07-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Exhibit A, for the prosecution ;D

You not only got that right my brotha.....but you got bumped for it too. ;)