PDA

View Full Version : how to balance the budget!!

ernie
02-27-2014, 08:32 AM
I believe I may have a way to balance the budget in the USA. You know how some people say “ The illegal ’s are taking jobs that no one else wants”. I feel that’s not true, I believe they are taking jobs that the Government are paying people not to take. I mean why should they? So my answer is, for every illegal that wants to come here to work and pay their fair share in taxes, we send one able bodied American who is living off the Government to Mexico. I think in about 2 years we would weed out the able bodied Americans who don’t want to work with people that will work and pay taxes. That way we would be able to balance the budget. And at the same time get ride of the slackers.

Common
02-27-2014, 08:39 AM
Nonesense, Heres the real facts ok, mexicans who have no chance to earn a penny in mexico come here and live and survive like Americans will not.

Mexicans pool everything here they rent one bedroom hovels and have 10 people sleeping in different shifts there. Some work nights days and afternoons for peanuts I might add. Most do not have families, the ones that do live with 2 or three other families to merge resources and reduce living costs. They do not have anywhere near an american lifestyle.

To all converatives and teaparty followers, what makes you think that an American should work like a dog for a wage that they cant even afford housing with. Thats the problem, employers do not want to pay anything they want lackys to work for free so they can make even more.

If I had a choice to work full time and still be homeless with my wife and kids, Id jump right on the government dole too
and so would ALL THE CONSERVATIVES that condemn them

Akula
02-27-2014, 09:09 AM
Nonesense, Heres the real facts ok, mexicans who have no chance to earn a penny in mexico come here and live and survive like Americans will not.

You can't prove that (and you know it) but you use the statement as an opportunity to editorialize with no facts to back it up.

Mexicans pool everything here they rent one bedroom hovels and have 10 people sleeping in different shifts there.
As if being in the country illegally isn't enough, that probably violates a city ordinance.

Some work nights days and afternoons for peanuts I might add. Most do not have families, the ones that do live with 2 or three other families to merge resources and reduce living costs. They do not have anywhere near an american lifestyle.

They work for peanuts because they are here illegally and are taking a job away from an american and giving companies a source of below market rate cheap labor.
Employers take advantage of that situation because they don't have to pay an american legal wages.

Close the border and choke off "evil" employers who take advantage of these helpless people who can't go to the police when they get cheated...or are you in favor of corporations skirting the law and profiting off of disadvantaged people?

To all converatives and teaparty followers, what makes you think that an American should work like a dog for a wage that they cant even afford housing with. Thats the problem, employers do not want to pay anything they want lackys to work for free so they can make even more.

So you think allowing illegals to work for those type wages is better? If there were no illegals willing to work for less and undercut fair wages, these employers would HAVE to pay a fair wage.

If I had a choice to work full time and still be homeless with my wife and kids, Id jump right on the government dole too

Close the border and no one will be working at slave labor rates.

These illegals are disloyal, unpatriotic cowards.
If they were patriots they would stay in mexico and build the land of their ancestors and the land of their birth, into a first world nation instead of running away. ...but there's all this free stuff here...

If they're too weak and cowardly to stay and build their OWN country, how loyal do you think they'll be to america?

Do you seriously think that people who broke the law sneaking into america and who consciously break numerous laws daily by remaining and working here (the ones who do work) are going to be good, law abiding, loyal "citizens"? LMAO...

Max Rockatansky
02-27-2014, 09:27 AM
I believe I may have a way to balance the budget in the USA. You know how some people say “ The illegal ’s are taking jobs that no one else wants”. I feel that’s not true, I believe they are taking jobs that the Government are paying people not to take. ....
That's not correct. It's business owners who love illegals. As Florida Democrat Alex Sink put it --

“Immigration reform is important in our country. We have a lot of employers over on the beaches that rely upon workers and especially in this high-growth environment, where are you going to get people to work to clean our hotel rooms or do our landscaping? We don’t need to put those employers in a position of hiring undocumented and illegal workers.”

http://freebeacon.com/florida-democrat-without-immigration-reform-where-will-we-get-our-landscapers-and-maids/

While it's true that she's advocating legalizing those illegals, is there any doubt that many business owners prefer the status quo? After all, what better hold to have on employees than to say "If you give me any lip, I'll have you deported! I know where you live, dammit."?

nathanbforrest45
02-27-2014, 09:30 AM
I would like to see some statistics as to how much illegals are actually making. I believe you will find that in many cases being paid slave wages is just a myth and while they are paid less than union wages they are not underpaid for the jobs they are doing. I believe the truth is if you pay people to do nothing then that is exactly what they will do.

The OP touched on another point in this saga. Arrest those that hire illegals. If you take away the demand you will take away the supply.

Chris
02-27-2014, 09:30 AM
I believe I may have a way to balance the budget in the USA. You know how some people say “ The illegal ’s are taking jobs that no one else wants”. I feel that’s not true, I believe they are taking jobs that the Government are paying people not to take. I mean why should they? So my answer is, for every illegal that wants to come here to work and pay their fair share in taxes, we send one able bodied American who is living off the Government to Mexico. I think in about 2 years we would weed out the able bodied Americans who don’t want to work with people that will work and pay taxes. That way we would be able to balance the budget. And at the same time get ride of the slackers.

While an interesting solution, that at least corrects government incentives, the problem is it requires increasing the size of government to administer it, when government, creating incentives, is the problem. So while I applaud the corrective nature of the solution, I don't the consequences of bigger government.

nathanbforrest45
02-27-2014, 09:32 AM
I think you will find that most of the money illegals earn is sent back to Mexico or whatever the origin country is. The lines outside the Western Union office here in Newport are huge on payday for migrant workers. They ain't sending that money to Nashville folks.

Max Rockatansky
02-27-2014, 09:35 AM
I would like to see some statistics as to how much illegals are actually making. .....

http://www.cis.org/articles/2001/mexico/poverty.html

Mexican Immigrants Have Very High Poverty Rates. Poverty among immigrants in general and Mexican immigrants in particular is significantly higher than that of natives. In 1999, 11.2 percent of natives (compared to 16.8 percent of all immigrants) lived in poverty. The poverty rate for Mexican immigrants is dramatically higher than that of natives or immigrants in general. In 1999, 25.8 percent of Mexican-born immigrants lived in poverty — more than double the rate for natives. In other words, despite the current economic expansion, about one in four Mexican immigrants lives in poverty, compared to about one in ten natives.
While poverty among Mexican immigrants is certainly high, the figures cited above actually understate the difference between Mexicans and U.S. natives because the U.S.-born children of immigrants (under 18), who are by definition natives, are not counted with their immigrant parents, but instead are included in the figures for natives. Because a child’s standard of living reflects his parents’ income, however, it may be more reasonable to view poverty among the native-born children of immigrants as attributable to their immigrant parents. Figure 7 includes the U.S.-born children of immigrant mothers with their parents. The figure shows that poverty among natives drops from 11.2 percent to 10.8 percent when the American-born children of immigrants are excluded from the counts for natives. In contrast, poverty among Mexican immigrants rises from 25.8 percent to 28.7 percent when their U.S.-born are counted with them. Thus the poverty rates for Mexican immigrants and their children is two and one-half times the rate for natives and their children.
http://cis.org/sites/cis.org/files/articles/2001/mexico/povert8.gif

Chris
02-27-2014, 09:35 AM
That's not correct. It's business owners who love illegals. As Florida Democrat Alex Sink put it --

“Immigration reform is important in our country. We have a lot of employers over on the beaches that rely upon workers and especially in this high-growth environment, where are you going to get people to work to clean our hotel rooms or do our landscaping? We don’t need to put those employers in a position of hiring undocumented and illegal workers.”

http://freebeacon.com/florida-democrat-without-immigration-reform-where-will-we-get-our-landscapers-and-maids/

While it's true that she's advocating legalizing those illegals, is there any doubt that many business owners prefer the status quo? After all, what better hold to have on employees than to say "If you give me any lip, I'll have you deported! I know where you live, dammit."?

True, business owners, but that's just half the picture, for it omits the bet government money can buy in collusion with business owners granting them favors, by offering Americans incentives not to work and not regulating immigration more strictly.

Mainecoons
02-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Look folks, this isn't rocket science. Labor is a commodity. When the commodity is more scarce, the price goes up. When the commodity is glutted, the price goes down. The excess of legal immigration, let alone illegal, is causing a glut. Most Mexicans are oriented towards working, not living on welfare, because they are not used to the latter and they are afraid to show themselves to collect it up there.

You don't have to demonize people who are simply responding to the economic realities that the government up there creates. The U.S. has made itself a magnet for immigration, illegal or otherwise. The U.S. does not have an immigration policy that puts Americans first. It has an immigration policy that puts sweatshop employers and cynical liberal politicians first.

In Mexico, if you get caught hiring illegals, you are going to be out of business very quickly and expensively. If you get caught working illegally, you are getting a very quick one way trip to the border. Before Teddy and the liberals came along in 1978, U.S. immigration policy was a great deal more restrictive and focused on quality, not quantity. That is how most other countries including Mexico conduct immigration policy and because the U.S. does not, it is getting more immigration than all of the rest of the world's countries combined.

As with most of the rest of the blatant failures of the U.S. government these days, the failure stems from bad policy and bad leadership, combined with a largely incompetent, unfireable and out of control shadow government called the bureaucracy.

ernie
03-02-2014, 08:57 AM
I recently talk to a owner of a Mexican restaurant, He told me that he had to closed the restaurant because he can't find anyone wanting to work. Once they arrived here and worked for awhile, then they got on the government giveaway and stop working.
I don’t care how some people feel about Conservatives. Its plain math. When you have more people on government hand out than you have paying taxes you can not survive. I don’t care how you twist it. There is a catfish plant where I live, they can’t get local workers to work there, But the town is full of able bodied people on welfare, food stamps, and housing. You cut that off they will do one of two things. 1. go to work. 2. kill me for my stuff I worked for....And if you don’t believe that, you live in a ferry tail world.

Max Rockatansky
03-02-2014, 09:02 AM
The meme that people are living forever on government handouts is false. Welfare was reformed in the 90s. Unemployment benefits are only good for two years. Yes, they've been extended, something in which I disagree, but let's not forget you have to be let go to collect unemployment. You can't just quit and expect to be paid for doing so.

People who quit a job can't collect unemployment.

Unemployment insurance benefits are available for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. There are eligibility requirements to qualify for unemployment benefits including working a certain number of weeks for a certain number of hours each week.

-----
When You Don't Qualify for Unemployment

The following circumstances may disqualify you from collecting unemployment benefits:

Fired for misconduct
Quit without good cause
Resigned because of illness (check on disability benefits)
Left to get married
Self-employed
Involved in a labor dispute
Attending school

donttread
03-02-2014, 09:09 AM

Simply cut all federal non salary spending 10% a year, while freezing wages and issue a moratorium on new programs. Do this every year until the budget is balanced and we can begin paying down the debt

zelmo1234
03-02-2014, 10:20 AM

Mexicans pool everything here they rent one bedroom hovels and have 10 people sleeping in different shifts there. Some work nights days and afternoons for peanuts I might add. Most do not have families, the ones that do live with 2 or three other families to merge resources and reduce living costs. They do not have anywhere near an american lifestyle.

So you think that we are better than them? Got it.

And it is the Republicans that are called Racist!

this mentality is exactly why we need to get tot eh wall as fast as possible. Once the government programs are gone!

Then and only then will working for a living become popular for the lower and middle classes. It will also put an end to the liberal lie, that the money will never run out!

zelmo1234
03-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Simply cut all federal non salary spending 10% a year, while freezing wages and issue a moratorium on new programs. Do this every year until the budget is balanced and we can begin paying down the debt

It is even more simple than that! and does not have to be a harsh!

Use the previous years actual revenue. Add 1/2 of the last years deficit and that become the maximum working budget.

Freeze hiring!

Budgets are always based on the last years actual revenue and 1/2 of that years deficit. Because revenue almost always increases. this cuts the deficit by more that half every year. until we have surpluses.

once you have a surplus, you do the same thing, base the budget on last years revenue. This will make surpluses for the for seen about future. you take 1/2 of the surplus and put it in a rainy day fund. and 1/2 goes to retiring debt (principle)

Here is the thing, the value of the US dollar will skyrocket causing deflation and increasing the buying power of the American people.

donttread
03-02-2014, 03:55 PM
It is even more simple than that! and does not have to be a harsh!

Use the previous years actual revenue. Add 1/2 of the last years deficit and that become the maximum working budget.

Freeze hiring!

Budgets are always based on the last years actual revenue and 1/2 of that years deficit. Because revenue almost always increases. this cuts the deficit by more that half every year. until we have surpluses.

once you have a surplus, you do the same thing, base the budget on last years revenue. This will make surpluses for the for seen about future. you take 1/2 of the surplus and put it in a rainy day fund. and 1/2 goes to retiring debt (principle)

Here is the thing, the value of the US dollar will skyrocket causing deflation and increasing the buying power of the American people.

I don't think my plan is all that harsh when you factor federal inefficiency. There isn't a federal program out there that couldn't survive my plan for several years. I think there might be a few common sense fixes. What we CANNOT do is continue to buy the excuse that "we can't agree on what to cut so we'll keep spending and borrowing" . I mean you wouldn't buy that lame an explanation from a ten year old, but we accept it from our government.

Bob
03-02-2014, 04:12 PM

Before Reagan, we had a Bracero work program and as a young person, NEVER was the topic, illegal aliens.

There was no talk that some have that it was Mexicans, and not Americans, who were willing to do the farm jobs. As a young guy, I put in some shifts doing that farm work. I chopped cotton which means to weed cotton rows. I cut grapes, which means to cut them off the vine and carry a box of grapes to be weighed and put onto flat beds. I picked currents. Anyway, I never thought of any of that as hard work. It was boring as can be, but it was no harder than when you remove weeds from your plants or pluck tomatoes off your own bushes. But the myth told by Democrats is that the worthless white people won't do any of that. Well, I am white and did it. No, it was no career move. Back in those days, if I had problems getting work, I found something to do. Maybe it was working on a cookie line in a factory where one could spend all day long being bored but paid. One of the worse jobs I had for a short time was working in a plant that was making cans. Talk about noise.

I worked in heavy construction and was in the union. I had days in pile driving that beat me to death. Though the pile driver drove the piles into the ground, the slamming all day long of a 6,500 pound hammer into a cushion on a pile tore into my hearing. And some of that work, especially when it was 115 outside, was brutal. So, we white men do know how to work.

But when the US stopped the Bracero program, Mexicans like this guy that married my niece cane here.

A major point of this chat is what work does he do. He has long worked for contractors repairing roads and some minor repairs to bridges I think is what he says.

I asked him in the past 2 years what would he do with the Mexicans who are here but don't have citizenship.

He says, boot them out. I looked at him and reminded him he was once illegal. Reagan signed a law that allowed him to get right, so he became a US citizen. His kids are all equally fluent in Spanish and English.

He is very worried about the illegal Mexicans living here.

Many Mexicans simply want no part of this path to citizenship Obama talks about. Paying the US taxes sure is not appealing to them. They want to stay undercover. When they ship enough cash back to Mexico, they want to return home. They can live far cheaper in Mexico. And if you study Mexico, the prices are not only cheap, but a lot of what they have is very nice.

Figure it this way. Say you can pick up and go to Canada for a job and you have no papers. So you take a high paying job knowing your plan was to return to the USA.

Mexicans do the same thing.

Obama is full of crap if he thinks most want to be citizens of the USA. A talk show recently had some of the Mexicans pointing out they really do not want to be a citizen here nor keep kids in school here. They want money. When they have what they need, back home they go.