PDA

View Full Version : An obviously liberal professor warns about abuse of executive actions by the POTUS

Mainecoons
02-27-2014, 04:31 PM
Pay close attention, liberals, this is one of your own speaking:

Jonathan Turley, professor of public interest law at George Washington University in Washington, D.C., said the legislative branch of the U.S. government is in danger of becoming irrelevant in the face of continued executive overreach.“My view [is] that the president, has in fact, exceeded his authority in a way that is creating a destabilizing influence in a three branch system,” Turley said. “I want to emphasize, of course, this problem didn’t begin with President Obama, I was critical of his predecessor President Bush as well, but the rate at which executive power has been concentrated in our system is accelerating. And frankly, I am very alarmed by the implications of that aggregation of power.”

“The fact that I happen to think the president is right on many of these policies does not alter the fact that I believe the means he is doing [it] is wrong, and that this can be a dangerous change in our system,” he said.

Liberals can understand and stand up for the Constitution. This is a masterful statement IMO.

“No one in our system can ‘go it alone’ – not Congress , not the courts , and not the president. We are stuck with each other in a system of shared powers — for better or worse. We may deadlock or even despise each other. The framers clearly foresaw such periods. They lived in such a period. Whatever problems we are facing today in politics, they are problems of our own making. They should not be used to take from future generations a system that has safeguarded our freedoms for over 250 years,” he added.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/27/the-moment-a-prof-warned-that-america-is-at-a-constitutional-tipping-point/

If the ad hommers don't like the source, the actual video of him making these statements is there and you can run it and hear it with your own ears.

nathanbforrest45
02-27-2014, 04:35 PM
Wait for it

Wait for it.

Wait for it

hanger4
02-27-2014, 05:10 PM
I doubt our resident progressives will argue any of the OP's points. They know Obama has crossed the line with his EO's and threats of EO's. They never argue the substance of the EO's only the numbers.