PDA

View Full Version : Republicans’ Worst Nightmare Comes True: Support for Repealing Obamacare Hits New Low

Cigar
02-28-2014, 07:56 AM
Republicans’ Worst Nightmare Comes True: Support For Repealing Obamacare Hits All Time Low

A new Kaiser Family Foundation health tracking poll dealt a blow to Republicans by finding that support for repealing the ACA has hit an all time of low of 31%.

There is bad news all over the place for Republicans in the poll, “When it comes to next steps on the law, a majority say it should be kept in place, including 48 percent who want Congress to work to improve it and 8 percent who say it should be kept as is. Fewer say Congress should repeal the law and replace it with a Republican-sponsored alternative (12 percent) or repeal it and not replace it (19 percent).”

To put it another way, the only issue that the Republicans thought they had in their favor in 2014 has turned against them. The GOP has it all wrong. The majority doesn’t think that Obamacare is a job killing monstrosity that must be killed today. Most people want the law to stay in place, but they also want political leaders to improve it.

While 48% of respondents want the law to be worked on and improved, only 12% support the Republicans’ big idea that they can replace Obamacare with their own alternative. The American people have taken a contradictory view of the ACA. By a margin of 47% to 35%, the law itself remains unpopular, but a majority (56%) don’t want the law repealed or replaced.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/02/26/republicans-worst-nightmare-true-support-repealing-obamacare-hits-time.html

Next :laugh:

Mainecoons
02-28-2014, 07:59 AM
http://edge2.politicususa.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/polusa-logo-360x86-1.jpg

:rofl:

Cigar
02-28-2014, 08:01 AM
http://edge2.politicususa.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/polusa-logo-360x86-1.jpg

http://www.estergoldberg.com/.a/6a0105349ca980970c0168ebf10399970c-500wi

Mainecoons
02-28-2014, 08:05 AM
As usual Cigar and his laughable sources lie by omission. Go here to see all the information from this polling:

http://kff.org/health-reform/poll-finding/kaiser-health-tracking-poll-february-2014/

For example:

http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/overall-aca-opinion-remains-more-negative-than-positive-polling.png?w=600&h=450&crop=1

http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/uninsured-opinion-of-aca-remains-negative-in-february-polling.png?w=600&h=450&crop=1

Cigar
02-28-2014, 08:07 AM
While 48% of respondents want the law to be worked on and improved, only 12% support the Republicans’ big idea that they can replace Obamacare with their own alternative. The American people have taken a contradictory view of the ACA. By a margin of 47% to 35%, the law itself remains unpopular, but a majority (56%) don’t want the law repealed or replaced.

:grin:

Common
02-28-2014, 08:08 AM
Theres still a big problem for the ACA cigar, the uninsured are not signing up for it. The ACA is not out of the woods yet and it still has a chance to fail. If the people it was designed to help to do not sign up its doomed.

I know you want the ACA to shine and be successful but you have to be realistic that right now its not close to being over the hump.

I posted a success story and it was a success. My friends wife saved at least 500.00 a month on fairly comprehensive health insurance and prescriptions over private non ACA insurance. A savings of 50% or more. However, MOST americans still couldnt afford it. Its costing here 613.00 a month. Minimum wage workers dont make that much a month.
She was the wife of a retired Police Lt, who had a decent pension and she gets his SS and he was in business for years and make a considerable sum of money besides his Police Salary. She is not the average american is what im saying.

Without being govt subsidized the ACA isnt affordable for alot of working americans.

Cigar
02-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Theres still a big problem for the ACA cigar, the uninsured are not signing up for it. The ACA is not out of the woods yet and it still has a chance to fail. If the people it was designed to help to do not sign up its doomed.

I know you want the ACA to shine and be successful but you have to be realistic that right now its not close to being over the hump.

I posted a success story and it was a success. My friends wife saved at least 500.00 a month on fairly comprehensive health insurance and prescriptions over private non ACA insurance. A savings of 50% or more. However, MOST americans still couldnt afford it. Its costing here 613.00 a month. Minimum wage workers dont make that much a month.
She was the wife of a retired Police Lt, who had a decent pension and she gets his SS and he was in business for years and make a considerable sum of money besides his Police Salary. She is not the average american is what im saying.

Without being govt subsidized the ACA isnt affordable for alot of working americans.

I'm just dieing to see the GOP go down the drain trying to take Health Care away from over 4 MILLION American Citizens. I how they try before Voting starts. :wink:

Mainecoons
02-28-2014, 08:18 AM
Neither one of you are bright enough to understand the conflict between the perception of the law and repealing it is more about the idea that it could be fixed than anything because that is what the ObamaMedia is feeding them. We could regard this as progress since previously Obama and the ObamaMedia were assuring everyone they could keep their doctors and health plans. Now the mantra is that it can be fixed and this poll simply reflects that.

The real significance is that a large majority continue to view it as unfavorable.

Bottom line as the wheels continue to come off is that it really unfixable. That is exactly why Obama and his minions keep delaying it and rewriting it without benefit of legislation.

I'd like to think you two geniuses read and understood what the liberal GW Professor was trying to tell you about the latter in the thread I posted yesterday but I really doubt either of you can grasp that as well.

patrickt
02-28-2014, 09:11 AM

Cigar, it's PoliticusUSA that has hit a new low. But, rest easy. They will go lower.

Common
02-28-2014, 09:13 AM
I'm just dieing to see the GOP go down the drain trying to take Health Care away from over 4 MILLION American Citizens. I how they try before Voting starts. :wink:

In ignoring the idiot insulting troll in this thread pffffffft.

Cigar I didnt say anything about taking health care from those that have it. Im talking about fixing the ACA so it becomes more appealing to the uninsured, less confusing.

You need to understand that 4million people are NOT going to save the ACA if the rest of the country rejects it. You seem to believe that having 4million insured is some saving grace for obamacare and it is not.

Not a single one of my doctors like the ACA my family doctor says its a nightmare for family practicioners. Ive seen changes in the office already and not good changes.

Medicare is not paying for things that they have traditionally always paid for and thats pissing vets off and others in the moose club and elks that I talk too. Medicare denials seem to be growing and they are being blamed on guess what ? Obamacare.

Im not against covering all americans, I think obamacare is deeply flawed the way it was written and being implemented and I dont see it surviving in the longer term as it stands now. I even believe if the next potus is a democrat the program will need sweeping changes to survive.

If you dont get people that can afford to PAY for healthcare in the program the program will die because billions in tax payer dollars wont be popular even with non far righters.

Captain Obvious
02-28-2014, 09:33 AM

Funny - you post this, patrict thanks it and both of you are equally guilty of doing the exact same thing you're mocking.

Just sayin...

Captain Obvious
02-28-2014, 09:35 AM
As usual Cigar and his laughable sources lie by omission. Go here to see all the information from this polling:

http://kff.org/health-reform/poll-finding/kaiser-health-tracking-poll-february-2014/

For example:

http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/overall-aca-opinion-remains-more-negative-than-positive-polling.png?w=600&h=450&crop=1

http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/uninsured-opinion-of-aca-remains-negative-in-february-polling.png?w=600&h=450&crop=1

You're making the mistake that Cigar is capable of providing a self-thought argument.

He doesn't understand any of this, all he's doing is trolling for a reaction. Debating or discussing anything with him is a waste of time.

Posting pictures of sheep humping is a better use of one's time with his threads.

Mainecoons
02-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Funny - you post this, patrict thanks it and both of you are equally guilty of doing the exact same thing you're mocking.

Just sayin...

Not at all. Cigar almost always starts his trolling threads with citations from trash sources. Either he or they then lie by omission. Both points are well made by me here.

I find it interesting that you constantly rant about "Faux" news because you obviously don't believe it credible, yet when someone does the same, you complain.

Start by reading the actual citation from this garbage site, and maybe you'll get the point. It is a massive misrepresentation and lie by omission of what Kaiser's polling actually shows overall.

Worse than anything you'll find on "Faux" News, I'll wager.

Captain Obvious
02-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Not at all. Cigar almost always starts his trolling threads with citations from trash sources. Either he or they then lie by omission. Both points are well made by me here.

I find it interesting that you constantly rant about "Faux" news because you obviously don't believe it credible, yet when someone does the same, you complain.

Start by reading the actual citation from this garbage site, and maybe you'll get the point. It is a massive misrepresentation and lie by omission of what Kaiser's polling actually shows overall.

Worse than anything you'll find on "Faux" News, I'll wager.

Granted you're broader than Cigar ever will be (who isn't though?).

I never said Faux News isn't credible. It's biased, not objective.

Just like Thinkprogress, except down on the other end of the spectrum.

I just think you're being disingenuous and hypocritical by criticizing someone for doing exactly the same thing you do at times.

That's it, not much more to the story than that.

nathanbforrest45
02-28-2014, 10:54 AM
In the final analysis it really doesn't matter if 100 percent of the people want Obamacare or don't want Obamacare. It is the entire philosophy that the government has the right to take from some to support others that is the real issue. Polls cannot change morals, it can only reflect on who really believes in them. Suppose 75% of the population looked favorably on reinstituting slavery in the United States and were willing to repeal the 14th Amendment. Would that make it acceptable?

Common
02-28-2014, 12:13 PM
Granted you're broader than Cigar ever will be (who isn't though?).

I never said Faux News isn't credible. It's biased, not objective.

Just like Thinkprogress, except down on the other end of the spectrum.

I just think you're being disingenuous and hypocritical by criticizing someone for doing exactly the same thing you do at times.

That's it, not much more to the story than that.

This is why your are one of the handful on this forum I have respect for. You call it like you see it

Common
02-28-2014, 12:19 PM
In the final analysis it really doesn't matter if 100 percent of the people want Obamacare or don't want Obamacare. It is the entire philosophy that the government has the right to take from some to support others that is the real issue. Polls cannot change morals, it can only reflect on who really believes in them. Suppose 75% of the population looked favorably on reinstituting slavery in the United States and were willing to repeal the 14th Amendment. Would that make it acceptable?

Nathan we have ALL been paying for the uninsureds health care all along. I keep saying this NO ONE can dispute it but you just wont acknowledge it. WE paid through the nose for the uninsured to go to emergency rooms. We paid quadruple what it costs to give them obamacare in the long run. You go to the emergency room of a private hospital with the sniffles and you get a blood test that costs 250.00 xrays, and or mri or cardiogram or something stuck up your ass. Then they give you a 25.00 aspirin. Every trip the uninsured make the emergency rooms averages 2,000 or more. If its a child its even higher average.

Working out a plan that covers all americans makes sense and would be far cheaper in the long run. The problem was this was a pile of shit from the start. The way the democrats rammed it through, didnt read it, didnt know what the hell was in it. On top of that sebelius was utterly incompetent in being in charge of the rollout which was another pile of crap.

If this was done right it would have benefited ALL of us.

patrickt
02-28-2014, 01:40 PM

Just sayin...

I do enjoy the "you do it, too" defense, Captain Oblivious.