PDA

View Full Version : Please do not waste food!!

dattaswami
03-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Veda says that even a single particle of the food should not be wasted

Donation is very dangerous like double edged knife. Donating to undeserving persons is very big sin and not mere wastage. Today, if you see the feast of a marriage function, you will find most of the plates after feast are full of food items leftover. When you throw this food, it becomes a source for bacteria and virus, which may harm even good people in the society. Thus, the people, who have thrown the food, become sinners. The owner of feast, who gave this expensive food to them is also another sinner and will be punished by the divine law.

Both doer and promoter are equally punished (Kartha karaiyitaa chaiva...). Finally the married couple is also affected. Veda says that even a single particle of the food should not be wasted (Annamna parichakshita...). Once, in a function, the people were wasting food and the beggars on the other side were searching for the food in the leaves thrown away after the feast.

One devotee asked Bhagavan Shri Satya Sai Baba like this, “O Swami! What is this! In your creation I find people throwing food on one side and people searching for the thrown food on the other side”. Bhagavan Baba replied “Those beggars were also rich in the previous birth and threw the food like these rich people. They are now born as beggars and are searching for the food thrown by them in the past”. Therefore, the minimum eligibility of the receiver of food is: not to throw even an iota of food.

Conley
03-10-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm not sure who Veda is but I think I agree with this. Is this a reference to the Vedas?

Am I correct in thinking this passage is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedas

dattaswami
03-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Veda is a scripture like Bible etc. Veda can be said as the master of all the scriptures in this world.

Conley
03-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Veda is a scripture like Bible etc. Veda can be said as the master of all the scriptures in this world.

Thank you, that's what I thought you were referring to.

The Vedas (Sanskrit वेदाः véda, "knowledge") are a large body of texts originating in ancient India. Composed in Vedic Sanskrit, the texts constitute the oldest layer of Sanskrit literature and the oldest scriptures of Hinduism.[1][2] The Vedas are apauruṣeya ("not of human agency").[3][4][5] They are supposed to have been directly revealed, and thus are called śruti ("what is heard"),[6][7] distinguishing them from other religious texts, which are called smṛti ("what is remembered").

The Vedic texts or śruti are organized around four canonical collections of metrical material known as Saṃhitās, of which the first three are related to the performance of yajna (sacrifice) in historical
Vedic religion:

The Rigveda, containing hymns to be recited by the hotṛ;
The Yajurveda, containing formulas to be recited by the adhvaryu or officiating priest;
The Samaveda, containing formulas to be sung by the udgātṛ.
The fourth is the Atharvaveda, a collection of spells and incantations, apotropaic charms and speculative hymns.[8]

The individual verses contained in these compilations are known as mantras. Some selected Vedic mantras are still recited at prayers, religious functions and other auspicious occasions in contemporary Hinduism.

dattaswami
03-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Thank you, that's what I thought you were referring to.

The Vedas (Sanskrit वेदाः véda, "knowledge") are a large body of texts originating in ancient India. Composed in Vedic Sanskrit, the texts constitute the oldest layer of Sanskrit literature and the oldest scriptures of Hinduism.[1][2] The Vedas are apauruṣeya ("not of human agency").[3][4][5] They are supposed to have been directly revealed, and thus are called śruti ("what is heard"),[6][7] distinguishing them from other religious texts, which are called smṛti ("what is remembered").

The Vedic texts or śruti are organized around four canonical collections of metrical material known as Saṃhitās, of which the first three are related to the performance of yajna (sacrifice) in historical
Vedic religion:

The Rigveda, containing hymns to be recited by the hotṛ;
The Yajurveda, containing formulas to be recited by the adhvaryu or officiating priest;
The Samaveda, containing formulas to be sung by the udgātṛ.
The fourth is the Atharvaveda, a collection of spells and incantations, apotropaic charms and speculative hymns.[8]

The individual verses contained in these compilations are known as mantras. Some selected Vedic mantras are still recited at prayers, religious functions and other auspicious occasions in contemporary Hinduism.
There are several religions and there are several scriptures corresponding to these religions. We must fix a scripture as the primary standard so that other scriptures can be standardized with reference to that. The other scripture also becomes standard with reference to which some other scripture can be also standardized. This is called as the process of standardization in Science.

Such a primary standard can be the Veda. I know immediately the colours of your faces will change. Immediately you will blame Me that I am not the preacher of Universal Religion. You will misunderstand Me as the preacher of Hinduism in guise. This situation will arise even if I take the scripture of some other religion also as the primary standard. The misunderstanding is inevitable and unavoidable.

I have to take one scripture of some religion and I have to be subjected to the criticism. Therefore, I ignore the criticism. I know what I am in My inner consciousness. My inner self is the real witness as long as I am the preacher of Universal Religion to My inner self, I need not fear for any external criticism from any angle.

The reason for selecting Veda as the primary standard is that even today the Veda is being preserved by oral recitation with the help of thousands of families. If you go to older and older times millions of families were reciting Veda just to preserve it from any type of intrusions or deletions. In Indian spiritual field there are several branches of philosophy who fight with each other orally.

For all these branches, Veda is the standard text. Such situation never existed in any religion in this world and does not exist even today. Even today different schools of philosophy in Hinduism fight with each other and all of them quote the same Veda. Such competition was and is unique in Hinduism. In such competitive atmosphere pollution of Veda is impossible.

If any word is added or deleted, immediately the other schools will shout because they fear that in such case Veda may support a particular branch of philosophy due to the possibility of a new interpretation for a new sentence. Leave the past. Tell Me frankly whether such situation exists in any religion in this world even today. This is the main reason why I have selected Veda as the primary standard. The diversity in Hinduism has done lot of good in this direction.

The sanctity of the scripture is well protected. In the olden days the books were in the form of written scripts of palm leaves. Printing was not there. Therefore, a very few scripts were only present. In such case it was very easy to introduce a new palm leaf or to remove an older palm leaf because hardly one or two scripts were present in a very large region.

Except this one reason there is no any other reason for Me to favour Veda but you need not worry that the scriptures of other religions have to be judged with reference to Veda only. Fortunately, all the scriptures of all the religions agree with Veda. The primary standard is useful in very few places where there is disagreement. Even that disagreement arises only from the misinterpretation of the statement. If the correct interpretation is given all the statements are perfectly coinciding with Veda.

Moreover, one can decide the final version of any concept based on the logical analysis. If the logical analysis fails, then mere Veda need not be taken as authority. If the logic disagrees you can reject any scripture including Veda. Therefore, Veda along with the logical analysis only stands as a primary standard. When you are convinced logically about a concept and when such concept is found in Veda, then only the concept is authorised.

Therefore, I am not rubbing Veda on any head without the logical analysis. Therefore, one need not doubt about the fanatic. The primary standard means the original word of God heard directly. But when other scriptures are perfectly in agreement with such word where is the question of fanatic? Every scripture becomes the word of God.

This point supports the Universal Religion, which says that the single God delivered the scriptures of all the religions. When the author is one and the same how can there be difference between the scriptures? If there is any difference it is only by your misinterpretation. Therefore, primary standard is only for convenience but not for fanatic.

Conley
03-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Such a primary standard can be the Veda. I know immediately the colours of your faces will change. Immediately you will blame Me that I am not the preacher of Universal Religion. You will misunderstand Me as the preacher of Hinduism in guise. This situation will arise even if I take the scripture of some other religion also as the primary standard. The misunderstanding is inevitable and unavoidable.

I have to take one scripture of some religion and I have to be subjected to the criticism. Therefore, I ignore the criticism. I know what I am in My inner consciousness. My inner self is the real witness as long as I am the preacher of Universal Religion to My inner self, I need not fear for any external criticism from any angle.

Don't worry, I'm not turning red. If you say you're a preacher of Universal Religion I'll believe you. It's an interesting concept and any religious person must be prepared to take external criticism. It's unavoidable.

dattaswami
03-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Don't worry, I'm not turning red. If you say you're a preacher of Universal Religion I'll believe you. It's an interesting concept and any religious person must be prepared to take external criticism. It's unavoidable.

In following 'you' is a generic word only, not you.
My main aim to propagate the divine knowledge
On this earth is Universal Spirituality
For World Peace, because there should not be difference
Based on the religion, two people should not fight
For the sake of Nivrutti, which is reaching the Lord.
Nivrutti is related to Lord and is very sacred.
Should one stab another for the sake of this?
In India have you not heard of a Muslim stabbing Hindu
And vice-versa just for the sake of religion?
There is meaning if two fight for wealth etc.,
Which is Pravrutti, Pandavas and Kauravas fought
With each other for wealth, it is justified
Both belong to the same Hindu religion
They did not fight for the religion
It is shameful for the Lord to see such fights!
The same Lord is in two different dresses.
And you both are fighting for the difference in the dress!
You are not recognizing that the same teacher came
And taught the same syllabus in two different languages.
To one class He came in red shirt and to another class
He came in white shirt, you are fighting for His shirts!
You are fighting for the two languages, which differ.
The teacher is the same and the syllabus is the same.
You sit and analyze the contents of His teaching.
You treat the teacher as your Master in your section.
Is He not the Master for the other section also?
Both the sections constitute the whole school.
You say that He is the Master of the whole school.

The school consists off two distinct sections vividly.
If you say that He is the Master of the whole school,
The school must contain only your section, then only
Your statement is right, but the school shows two sections.
Your statements are contradicting each other clearly.
Hindus say that Brahman is the creator, Muslims say
That Allah is creator, Christians say that the creator is
Jehovah, all say that the creation is this entire world.
If Hindus say that Brahman created India, and if
Muslims say that Allah created Arabian countries and
If Christians say that Jehovah created the western countries,
The problem is solved, there can be three Gods together,
Who have created the three parts of the earth separately.
But this is not so, each religion says that their God only
Created the entire world, unfortunately there is one world!
One world only! Come on, all of you sit together here
And give me the final conclusion after debate, otherwise,
The scientists are laughing on all of you! Shame to all!

They criticize that these religions do not have even
The basic logic, which is the fundamental common sense.
Because of you, the greatest God is also mocked by them
They say that the religions are rigid conservatisms!
Even a small boy is putting this question to all of you.
Stop all your discourses and first answer this question.
If you want to say that God created the entire world,
You have to accept that there is one God only always
And that His names are all the above three names.
We see in the world a single person having three names.
If there is one God, He only created this entire world.
All the human beings are invariably His children only.
No Father is partial to a single child and therefore
He must have preached the same knowledge to all
In different languages and in different methodologies
To different levels, this is Universal Spirituality.

MMC
03-11-2012, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure who Veda is but I think I agree with this. Is this a reference to the Vedas?

Am I correct in thinking this passage is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedas

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4790602713465480&id=74e47d477a84ef341fbd11c3fd67007b&index=newexp&url=http%3a%2f%2ffc07.deviantart.net%2ffs70%2fi%2f 2010%2f320%2f9%2fb%2fgiorgio_tsoukalos_by_joeruff-d32zb4z.jpg

Yes brutha.....the Vedas and Vedantism, the Mahabhrata, The Bhagvad Gita, and the Upanishads. Just to new a few. The True Ancient Sanskrit Text.

Conley
03-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Yes, the ancient Sanskrit. I read that in the Wiki but completely forgot about Georgio. I'm ashamed.

Scotty
03-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Not sure what's going on here...but i just made a sandwich and threw it away because i don't like people telling me what to do.

Conley
03-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Not sure what's going on here...but i just made a sandwich and threw it away because i don't like people telling me what to do.

:roflmao:

edit: the title of this thread does say please

Scotty
03-12-2012, 04:57 PM
:roflmao:

edit: the title of this thread does say please

this guy is a hack job and spammer...waste of space on the board....JMO...I would offer someone a banana but i just flushed it...BTW it will clog a toilet if your not careful

Scotty
03-12-2012, 04:58 PM
And just in case your wanna know how i know this guy is a spammer...

http://www.google.com/search?q=+Please+do+not+waste+food!!++++++Veda+say s+that+even+a+single+particle+of+the+food+should+n ot+be+wasted++++++Donation+is+very+dangerous+like+ double+edged+knife.+Donating+to+undeserving+person s+is+very+big+sin+and+not+mere+wastage.+Today%2C+i f+you+see+the+feast+of+a+marriage+function%2C+you+ will+find+most+of+the+plates+after+feast+are+full+ of+food+items+leftover.+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Conley
03-12-2012, 05:02 PM
And just in case your wanna know how i know this guy is a spammer...

http://www.google.com/search?q=+Please+do+not+waste+food!!++++++Veda+say s+that+even+a+single+particle+of+the+food+should+n ot+be+wasted++++++Donation+is+very+dangerous+like+ double+edged+knife.+Donating+to+undeserving+person s+is+very+big+sin+and+not+mere+wastage.+Today%2C+i f+you+see+the+feast+of+a+marriage+function%2C+you+ will+find+most+of+the+plates+after+feast+are+full+ of+food+items+leftover.+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

His first post in a thread might be duplicated, but he does come back to discussions and he responds to rebuttals, so I wouldn't call him a spammer.

Scotty
03-12-2012, 05:05 PM
His first post in a thread might be duplicated, but he does come back to discussions and he responds to rebuttals, so I wouldn't call him a spammer.

This would be one of the only sites which he wouldn't be considered a spammer. I think he is and would never take this guy serious. I think i would rather take advice from a cat while tripping on Robitussin. Just Sayin...

Conley
03-12-2012, 05:10 PM
I just googled his user name + politics and see his posts on plenty of political sites where he has many posts. He hasn't been banned at those places. He only posts in his own threads so it's easy to skip them if you don't like them.

Scotty
03-12-2012, 05:11 PM
I just googled his user name + politics and see his posts on plenty of political sites where he has many posts. He hasn't been banned at those places. He only posts in his own threads so it's easy to skip them if you don't like them.

I will respond....just not seriously...he is a joke and deserves to be treated as such.

Conley
03-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I've heard of people tripping on Robitussin but not sure what the ingredient is that causes that. :laugh: It's more than the alcohol content, right?

Scotty
03-12-2012, 05:14 PM
I've heard of people tripping on Robitussin but not sure what the ingredient is that causes that. :laugh: It's more than the alcohol content, right?

Not sure what does it...i wouldn't recommend it....but it's better than reading what this guy says...

Conley
03-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Please do not waste Robitussin!! :laugh:

Scotty
03-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Please do not waste Robitussin!! :laugh:
It's the only way to fight Spammers

MMC
03-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes, the ancient Sanskrit. I read that in the Wiki but completely forgot about Georgio. I'm ashamed.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=5016049833214484&id=c6c70dc79245aa23e7714ce11daa76c2&index=newexp&url=http%3a%2f%2fassets.diylol.com%2fhfs%2f0eb%2fb fa%2f10d%2fresized%2fancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-the-blunt-was-this-fuckin-big-ded6af.jpg

:slap2: :tongue: :grin:

dattaswami
03-12-2012, 08:28 PM
You can do whatever you like. God gives the guidelines. It is upto you to follow it or not. God never forces anything on any body. He is actually a teacher who preaches the truth. If somebody is interested in Him and His knowledge, then only He will take care of the case.

MMC
03-12-2012, 10:57 PM
You can do whatever you like. God gives the guidelines. It is upto you to follow it or not. God never forces anything on any body. He is actually a teacher who preaches the truth. If somebody is interested in Him and His knowledge, then only He will take care of the case.

If there is influence then there is force. Asa-Vahista.....The Supreme Will manifested into the physical.

dattaswami
03-13-2012, 01:31 AM
If there is influence then there is force. Asa-Vahista.....The Supreme Will manifested into the physical.
God is not gaining anything from the devotee except the suffering of his sins
God does not require any service or any pleasure from anybody or anything because He is already omnipotent and Infinite Ocean of bliss. Devotees are trying to reach Him to get bliss from Him and transfer their sins to Him. God is not gaining anything from the devotee except the suffering of his sins. Hence, God is not interested in this Nivrutti, which is a business ending in sure loss and no gain! God does not like to take the sins of devotees often, except very few exceptional devotees, because such transfer of sins is a disturbance to the administration of the cycle of deeds also as per the divine law.

But today devotees are thinking that God is trying for Nivrutti to get some devotees for His service and some are thinking that the post of God cannot be continued unless He gets certain number of liberated souls through Nivrutti like certain number of members of assembly needed for the ruling party to continue in the Government!

MMC
03-13-2012, 06:26 AM
Not so.....as the child born may be out of sin. The child knows none. Adi-karma: that which is not earned by the individual soul.

dattaswami
03-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Not so.....as the child born may be out of sin. The child knows none. Adi-karma: that which is not earned by the individual soul.
As you think, children are not innocent. The child of a demon has the devil characteristics in the form of seeds. The soul in a child has just entered the earth after a long punishment in the hell. The strength of the sinful attitude (Samskara) is very much reduced but did not vanish completely. A thief when released from a police station after a long torture has the attitude of stealing in very much reduced state. The attitude did not disappear. When he comes out and enters a suitable encouraging atmosphere, this seed grows as a tree and he is caught by the police again for his theft. Similarly when the child grows, again the grown up person does the same sin and at the end goes to the hell.

This is the cycle of deeds (Karma Chakra). When a child is taken away by God, it is something like arresting the thief immediately after his release. This prevents the thief to steal again. He must be considered lucky.

The child may get a better birth. The angle of sympathy comes since you are not aware of the soul in the body of the child.

The body is like a shirt and the death is only destruction of the shirt. Gita emphasizes about this aspect in the beginning itself. The plans of the Lord are not known to us. He may give a better shirt in a better place and protect the soul. We see a brief part of the film and conclude.
Only complete and thorough spiritual knowledge can remove all the doubts.