PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher's Excellent Commentary on Income Inequality - Bill Nailed it again

Cigar
03-03-2014, 12:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pcKMd49wDRk
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dk-production/images/71252/large/MaherIncome-GatesBuffett.jpg

Last night, Bill Maher delivered an excellent final New Rule on how some of the 1% are whining about feeling persecuted.

Did you know that during World War II, FDR actually proposed a cap on income that in today's dollars would mean that no person could ever take home more than about $300,000? OK, that is a little low. (audience laughter) But wouldn't it be great if there were Democrats out there like that now, who would say to billionaires, "Oh, you're crying? We'll give you something to cry about. You don't want a minimum wage? How about we not only have a minimum wage, we have a maximum wage?" (audience applause)

That is not a new idea. James Madison, who wrote our Constitution, said (http://mag.newsweek.com/2014/02/07/why-thomas-jefferson-favored-profit-sharing.html), "Government should prevent an immoderate accumulation of riches." Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton, they all agreed that too much money in the hands of too few would destroy democracy.

Video and full transcript below the fold.
And finally, New Rule: Someone must tell me what is with this new trend of people who have all the power acting like they're the oppressed ones? Heterosexual Christians under siege from gays. White people complaining that reverse racists are trying to strip them of their right to shoot unarmed black men. And most bizarre, the recent wave of billionaires sobbing that they're being demonized and under attack. And the thing is, it's not just having all the money in the world that's getting them down, it's that the rest of us don't often enough look at them and say, "You are the most brilliant industrious person on Earth. Can you teach us how to be more like you while we buff your cock with this fine Sham-Wow?"

You know, I used to think Hollywood egos were the neediest, but these Masters of the Universe? More like babies on a plane. Stock trader Steve Schwarzman — net worth $8 billion — once said that Obama raising his taxes 3% felt like when Hitler invaded Poland. Sounds like something Sarah Palin would tweet after huffing paint thinner. (audience laughter) But with the super-rich it's becoming a meme. Now we have Tom Perkins — net worth $8 billion — saying the richest 1% are so persecuted in America, they feel like Jews in Nazi Germany. Which is why just to be safe, last week Tom built a panic room inside his mansion that's a full-size replica of Anne Frank's house. (groaning audience laughter)

Is it really that hard out there for a pimp with $8 billion dollars? You know, even when your shady financial tricks tanked the economy, nothing happened to any of you. Nobody went to jail, nobody went broke, Justin Bieber didn't even egg your house. You just got richer while everybody else got poorer. The Oxfam committee released a report this year on global inequality, and the 85 richest people — 85 — owned more than the bottom 3 1/2 billion put together, which is half the planet. This is a real problem, and not just for when they go halfsies on a wedding present.

And not that that Nazi/Jew analogy deserves to be taken seriously, but the Jews didn't do anything to deserve the hate they got. But America's super-rich? In the last 30 years, even though worker productivity went up 90%, income only went up 8%. If I was working twice as hard, and someone else was reaping almost all the reward, I'd hate them. And I'd also want to know, how could that happen?
Well, billionaire Sam Zell knows the answer to that. He said the rest of America should stop bitching about the 1%, and realize they are the 1% because they work harder. OK, now we do need to come after you with pitchforks. (audience laughter and applause) Is talking on the phone in a comfortable office really more degrading than working in a slaughterhouse, or a sweatshop, or on a reality TV show? With just one real estate deal last year, Sam Zell made a thousand times what this guy makes.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/dk-production/images/71253/large/MaherIncome-miner.jpg

Did he really work a thousand times harder? By the way, that's a coal miner, not John Boehner. (audience laughter)

Did you know that during World War II, FDR actually proposed a cap on income that in today's dollars would mean that no person could ever take home more than about $300,000? OK, that is a little low. (audience laughter) But wouldn't it be great if there were Democrats out there like that now, who would say to billionaires, "Oh, you're crying? We'll give you something to cry about. You don't want a minimum wage? How about we not only have a minimum wage, we have a maximum wage?" (audience applause)

That is not a new idea. James Madison, who wrote our Constitution, said (http://mag.newsweek.com/2014/02/07/why-thomas-jefferson-favored-profit-sharing.html), "Government should prevent an immoderate accumulation of riches." Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton, they all agreed that too much money in the hands of too few would destroy democracy.
What can you buy with $2 billion dollars that you can't buy with one? You couldn't spend that kind of cash if you lived forever and your money manager was MC Hammer. (audience laughter)
And you know, there are some billionaires today who get that.

And that's why they give most of their money away. (massive audience applause)
As Warren Buffett once said, "I should write a book on how to get by on $500 million, because apparently there's a lot of people who don't... know how to do it."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/03/01/1281312/-Bill-Maher-s-excellent-commentary-on-income-inequality?detail=email

Captain Obvious
03-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Copy/pasted twice.

Maher is a tool, which is why he's popular among the lefty bucket brigade. There's not much he says that I would pay attention to. He says things, he gets paid.

Just like Rush, Beck and all those other phonies.

Peter1469
03-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Income inequality is a red herring.

How well off are the poor and middle classes? That is where the intelligent look.

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Bill Maher is rich. Perhaps, he ought to spread some wealth around starting with his own.

Cigar
03-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Care to debate what he said?

Captain Obvious
03-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Bill Maher is rich. Perhaps, he ought to spread some wealth around starting with his own.

Now you're starting to understand progressiveism.

Cigar
03-03-2014, 12:42 PM

He has ... that why you need to do your research before putting your foot in your mouth ... :laugh:

Maybe you like the taste

The Xl
03-03-2014, 12:54 PM
He has ... that why you need to do your research before putting your foot in your mouth ... :laugh:

Maybe you like the taste

He clearly has more than enough as it is, so he should spread it more.

Until he goes Jesus Christ and is walking around barefoot and broke, he should STFU when it comes to other peoples money.

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 12:54 PM

I would gladly debate Bill Maher on his philosophical inconsistency and hypocrisy in the hopes that he could defend it. I've no interest in spending time refuting it if you'll only counter with a picture or commentary on a cold criminal case.

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 12:57 PM

Maybe you like the taste

Everyone gives to charity. Not everyone decides to live in an egalitarian fashion by redistributing the mass of their wealth. That is reserved for true believers in robes, not comedians who live in large gated estates in west Hollywood.

The Xl
03-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Ain't you big time, Cigar, living in your wealthy neighborhood, white picket fence and all that shit, while the poor are suffering? How come you don't give more of your wealth? If you're able to comfortable live in said neighborhood, you clearly aren't giving enough.

Captain Obvious
03-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Ain't you big time, Cigar, living in your wealthy neighborhood, white picket fence and all that shit, while the poor are suffering? How come you don't give more of your wealth? If you're able to comfortable live in said neighborhood, you clearly aren't giving enough.

That's bull shit.

:biglaugh:

The Xl
03-03-2014, 01:00 PM
That's bull shit.

:biglaugh:

Maybe. That's what he claims, anyhow.

Cigar
03-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Notice how the Wing Nuts circle the wagons and go into defense and deny mode. :laugh:

I love it :headbang:

Peter1469
03-03-2014, 01:06 PM

How well off are the poor and middle classes? That is where the intelligent look.

Captain Obvious
03-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Notice how the Wing Nuts circle the wagons and go into defense and deny mode. :laugh:

You're confusing that with laugh and ridicule mode.

Peter1469
03-03-2014, 01:08 PM
I would gladly debate Bill Maher on his philosophical inconsistency and hypocrisy in the hopes that he could defend it. I've no interest in spending time refuting it if you'll only counter with a picture or commentary on a cold criminal case.

I give to charity. And I make sure that I have plenty left over to upgrade to business class on totally gratuitous trips to Europe. :wink:

Captain Obvious
03-03-2014, 01:09 PM

Wealth inequality is the real issue.

I get pretty tired of hearing the OWS dirtbag types pissing and moaning because a guy with an advanced degree is making a couple hundred thou a year, these same people with 2-year IT degrees making $50k a year want paid the same way.

Yeah, sorry...

Cigar
03-03-2014, 01:10 PM

First ... as usual, you don't know shit, but that's normal.

Second, I don't just throw money at a problem, I give my personal attention and time to it. http://waco4kids.org/

Second ... I don't have a single above ground fence around my property, but anyone who want to test that theory can have at it.

Lastly ... would like something to washing that down :laugh:

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 01:11 PM

I'm a member of UK's Green Party, but thick Americans believe that the only hypocrisy worthy of being exposed is that of the party they feel they ought to be opposing.

Yes, a man of the people that one.

http://o.vgtstatic.com/ic/mn/h1/bc67143c/mid/52672.jpg

How many men of the people have Tesla's and live in gated communities with pools and cabanas?

Cigar
03-03-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm a member of UK's Green Party, but thick Americans believe that the only hypocrisy worthy of being exposed is that of the party they feel they ought to be opposing.

Yes, a man of the people that one.

http://o.vgtstatic.com/ic/mn/h1/bc67143c/mid/52672.jpg

How many men of the people have Tesla's and live in gated communities with pools and cabanas?

Lots of them ... :wink: are you making an argument for Money and Generosity :laugh:

It sure helps to have both

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 01:17 PM

Second, I don't just throw money at a problem, I give my personal attention and time to it. http://waco4kids.org/

Second ... I don't have a single above ground fence around my property, but anyone who want to test that theory can have at it.

I devote all my time to feedthechildren.org when not banging Rosie Huntington-Whiteley like a barn door.

This is my girlfriend

http://www.imnotobsessed.com/wp-content/uploads/Rosie-Huntington-Whiteley05-25-transformers-8.jpg

And we live here

http://cdn.londonandpartners.com/asset/ba2d2924f687e5713154dbf611c103e1.jpg

When we're not doing this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tsgrkYr7Y0U/UckeUGFdCTI/AAAAAAAAAdU/egesj07ZkDs/s1600/IMG_0733.JPG

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Lots of them ... :wink: are you making an argument for Money and Generosity :laugh:

It sure helps to have both

Are you making an argument for money and generosity or are you making an argument for redistribution? Giving to charity is not the same thing as income equality. Anyone with passable intellectualism knows that.

patrickt
03-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Of course, Bill Maher nailed it again. That's why he's going to live on $100,000 a year and give his millions to poor people. Bill Maher has never once nailed anything.

Mainecoons
03-03-2014, 05:16 PM
What does it say about the IQ of someone who gets his political views from a comedian, and a not very funny one at that?

:grin:

Libhater
03-03-2014, 05:18 PM

My goodness, you actually said something that made sense. To make his statements about income inequality sound more ridiculous then
they already are, I suggest the twerp Maher get a hold of his fat rich anti Capitalist buddy michael moore to where they could join forces to show
off their hypocrisy in tandem.

Cigar
03-03-2014, 05:58 PM
This proves that a lot people here didn't do their research ... but it's sure fun to read. :laugh:

zelmo1234
03-03-2014, 06:02 PM

And gives almost nothing to charity. it was like 7K or something like that!

He is a true American liberal. he deserves everything that he has, but others have stolen it from others.

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 06:04 PM
This proves that a lot people here didn't do their research ... but it's sure fun to read. :laugh:

I quite agree. Some people feel that giving scraps to charity shows a kinship with commoners rather than a way to evade paying the tax and feeling self-congratulatory at the same time.

Fact is, Maher is speaking to income inequality and yet has done fuck all to disburse the bulk of his income or accept less for his indoor work with no heavy lifting. If he truly felt that the Burger King employee's worth is more than $10 an hour he might show solidarity by not trying to soak his parent company for a multi-million dollar contract and break up his salary among the thrall who staff the halls of HBO.

He is a millionaire and loves it. No one but an idiot would believe otherwise.

Cigar
03-03-2014, 06:08 PM
And gives almost nothing to charity. it was like 7K or something like that!

He is a true American liberal. he deserves everything that he has, but others have stolen it from others.

I keep trying to click on your facts ... but I can't find the link :grin:

BTW, stop with the diversions, what he said is true. Try debating what he said ... if you can. :laugh:

The Thread is about Bills commentary about the Rich who are Bitching about Americans being unfair to them.

Bill Marher isn't going around bitching about being taxed too much.

Try to stay on topic

Cigar
03-03-2014, 06:09 PM
I quite agree. Some people feel that giving scraps to charity shows a kinship with commoners rather than a way to evade paying the tax and feeling self-congratulatory at the same time.

Fact is, Maher is speaking to income inequality and yet has done fuck all to disburse the bulk of his income or accept less for his indoor work with no heavy lifting. If he truly felt that the Burger King employee's worth is more than $10 an hour he might show solidarity by not trying to soak his parent company for a multi-million dollar contract and break up his salary among the thrall who staff the halls of HBO.

He is a millionaire and loves it. No one but an idiot would believe otherwise.

Link Please :laugh: or are you his accountant

zelmo1234
03-03-2014, 06:14 PM
I keep trying to click on your facts ... but I can't find the link :grin:

BTW, stop with the diversions, what he said is true. Try debating what he said ... if you can. :laugh:

The Thread is about Bills commentary about the Rich who are Bitching about Americans being unfair to them.

Bill Marher isn't going around bitching about being taxed too much.

Try to stay on topic

Marher is a moth piece for everything that he does not practice! If you want to see real giving look to the Romney's. Donating way more than they can deduct. Look to the first real self made families. Vanderbilt, Carnegie, Rockefeller and the current ones Gates, Opera, and even the dreaded Koch brothers.

these are people that are making a difference. Marher, he goes and speaks for organizations. for a fee, and supports them, but he darn sure is not going to part with any of his money!

Ciggy these people don't give a shit about others, They just want you to think they do and you keep falling for it!

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Link Please :laugh: or are you his accountant

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-comedians/bill-maher-net-worth/

How much is Bill Maher worth?$23 Million

Polecat
03-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Bill Maher is every bit as intelligent and funny as Al Franken. He should be on capitol hill too maybe.

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 06:21 PM
There are celebrities such as Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt who give close to 1/4 of their wealth to charity, to them I give much credit. Bill Maher gets fuck all from me but my disgust at his pandering for relevancy.

I doubt Bill Hicks would have sucked the establishment cock like Maher.

Cigar
03-03-2014, 06:30 PM
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-comedians/bill-maher-net-worth/

How much is Bill Maher worth?

$23 Million

Try to pay attention Mr ADD ... this Thread was about what Bill said in his show.

BTW ... you do know the difference between 23 Million and 8 Billion ... correct?

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Try to pay attention Mr ADD ... this Thread was about what Bill said in his show.

This thread is about whatever we deem it to be and I choose to expose his hypocrisy.

BTW ... you do know the difference between 23 Million and 8 Billion ... correct?

About 9 million more hookers and Teslas.

Cigar
03-03-2014, 06:31 PM
There are celebrities such as Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt who give close to 1/4 of their wealth to charity, to them I give much credit. Bill Maher gets fuck all from me but my disgust at his pandering for relevancy.

I doubt Bill Hicks would have sucked the establishment cock like Maher.

8 Billion vs 23 Million

:rollseyes: Does anyone care to address the Topic of The Thread?

Cigar
03-03-2014, 06:33 PM
I Love it ... when they can't handle the Heat ... they Divert :laugh:

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Who said this:

“You know what? Rich people – I’m sure you’d agree with this – actually do pay the freight in this country. I just saw these statistics, I mean, something like 70 percent. And here in California, I just want to say liberals – you could actually lose me. It’s outrageous what we’re paying – over 50 percent. I’m willing to pay my share, but yeah, it’s ridiculous.”

Cigar
03-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Bill Maher has supported the following charities; among many others:

Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/barbara-davis-center-for-childhood-diabetes)
Best Friends Animal Society (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/best-friends-animal-society)
Comic Relief (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/comic-relief)
Dogs Deserve Better (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/dogs-deserve-better)
Global Green (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/global-green)

Robert F Kennedy Memorial (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/robert-f-kennedy-memorial)
Save the Chimps (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/save-the-chimps)
Somaly Mam Foundation (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/somaly-mam-foundation)
The Humane Society (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/the-humane-society)

List yours and your contribution :grin:

Mister D
03-03-2014, 06:40 PM

Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/barbara-davis-center-for-childhood-diabetes)
Best Friends Animal Society (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/best-friends-animal-society)
Dogs Deserve Better (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/dogs-deserve-better)

Robert F Kennedy Memorial (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/robert-f-kennedy-memorial)
Somaly Mam Foundation (https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/somaly-mam-foundation)

Save the Chimps? now I see why you like him. :wink:

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 06:40 PM

Unicef
Feed the Children
World Vision
Heiffer
Amnesty International
Oxfam

I give 15% of what I make and I don't make millions. I also don't bitch about corporate millionaires and income inequality whilst making300% more each year than my own staffers and also criticising the income tax of the region I live in.

In other words I'm not a bleeding hypocrite :D

Cigar
03-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Save the Chimps? now I see why you like him. :wink:

He also supports the humane treatment of Bitches ... so you'll be just fine :laugh:

Cigar
03-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Unicef
Feed the Children
World Vision
Heiffer
Amnesty International
Oxfam

I give 15% of what I make and I don't make millions. I also don't bitch about corporate millionaires and income inequality whilst making300% more each year than my own staffers and also criticising the income tax of the region I live in.

In other words I'm not a bleeding hypocrite :D

I can't tell you exactly what I give in money and time ... because the exact amount doesn't matter to me. I'm sure my accountant use the maximum and he has no idea about the time I give.

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 06:53 PM
I can't tell you exactly what I give in money and time ... because the exact amount doesn't matter to me. I'm sure my accountant use the maximum and he has no idea about the time I give.

Why do you feel as though I've asked you about your personal life?

Mainecoons
03-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Add the word "pretend" between personal and life, PBW, and you'll have it nailed.

No real businessman spends his work days on a message board posting race and partisan bait threads.

Cigar
03-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Add the word "pretend" between personal and life, PBW, and you'll have it nailed.

No real businessman spends his work days on a message board posting race and partisan bait threads.

... ain't it great to be independent :grin:

You should have had the Balls :wink:

Cigar
03-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Why do you feel as though I've asked you about your personal life?

:rollseyes: Where you not just referring to yourself in the previous post ... are you getting Old or what?

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 07:27 PM
:rollseyes: Where you not just referring to yourself in the previous post ... are you getting Old or what?

You asked me a question out of interest in my personal life. I did not reciprocate the query.

texan
03-03-2014, 11:36 PM
I watch Bill Maher and I think he is funny. But he is a comedian not to be confused with scholar.

We'll give you something to cry about. You don't want a minimum wage? How about we not only have a minimum wage, we have a maximum wage?" (audience applause)

Very cute and I see by the bold you liked it. But does it really make any sense? No not really, but again its snazzy. First of all show me one quote that any of these people being pointed out saying they are against a minimum wage. Not there is it? Nope.

That said raising the minimum wage needs to be seriously considered. But everything has a cause and affect.

Don't confuse anything I have said, I am not defending these people. They are greedy and promote greed, but we need them. It takes something many don't have to step out on a limb and create jobs from scratch. Remember that changing something like this affects small business too and they are not the fat cats everyone points to like Maher. I agree that someone needs a check and balance put on them.

I have personally been offered comp plans that cut the throat of the little man and pay me ridiculously. They promote being cut throat about things, run it lean hit the EBITA and win big, but the working man suffers. Until the companies start profit sharing then you'll continue to see these crazy plans. It is unfortunate.

Dr. Who
03-03-2014, 11:44 PM
No one wants to address the meat of Maher's opinion. OK I will. I'm not afraid of being accused of a certain degree of liberalism. Is the CEO of any corporation worth 1000 times or 2000 times the worth of its average worker? Let's consider this. What does the CEO do? In most business it is the lower, middle and higher level management that brings in business. Not the executive. Full stop. It's not the CEO running around drumming up most of the business. The CEO's job is to schmooze other CEOs, generally decide the direction of the company and hold the carrot of advancement in front of the Vice Presidents. Many CEO's screw up, but yet still receive immense bonuses as do their executive. They may even cook their books to reflect profits that don't exist. After all the boards of directors of most big business are an incestuous bunch that protect and advance each other, so they turn a blind eye to financial slight of hand. You only have to read the financial news to recognize the truth of that statement. Certainly if the executive management of companies didn't receive obscene remuneration, there would be more money available for the wages of workers. This concept of obscene salaries for the executive of corporations is uniquely American as is holding preferred stock. In most of Europe, more is paid to workers and executive remuneration is only 100 or 200 times the average worker's pay. Being paid in stock is not that common, because it is ultimately a conflict of interest. Paying your executive in preferred stock encourages them to cook the books to increase their own remuneration. I lived through it in the employ of one company. The executive went to great lengths to hide liability and were well paid for their stock upon the sale of the company. The buyer eventually discovered the deception and laid off many workers to make up the difference. It's degusting.

Paperback Writer
03-03-2014, 11:52 PM
No one wants to address the meat of Maher's opinion. OK I will. I'm not afraid of being accused of a certain degree of liberalism. Is the CEO of any corporation worth 1000 times or 2000 times the worth of its average worker? Let's consider this. What does the CEO do? In most business it is the lower, middle and higher level management that brings in business. Not the executive. Full stop. It's not the CEO running around drumming up most of the business. The CEO's job is to schmooze other CEOs, generally decide the direction of the company and hold the carrot of advancement in front of the Vice Presidents. Many CEO's screw up, but yet still receive immense bonuses as do their executive. They may even cook their books to reflect profits that don't exist. After all the boards of directors of most big business are an incestuous bunch that protect and advance each other, so they turn a blind eye to financial slight of hand. You only have to read the financial news to recognize the truth of that statement. Certainly if the executive management of companies didn't receive obscene remuneration, there would be more money available for the wages of workers. This concept of obscene salaries for the executive of corporations is uniquely American as is holding preferred stock. In most of Europe, more is paid to workers and executive remuneration is only 100 or 200 times the average worker's pay. Being paid in stock is not that common, because it is ultimately a conflict of interest. Paying your executive in preferred stock encourages them to cook the books to increase their own remuneration. I lived through it in the employ of one company. The executive went to great lengths to hide liability and were well paid for their stock upon the sale of the company. The buyer eventually discovered the deception and laid off many workers to make up the difference. It's degusting.

Have you ever read Kierkegaard Dr. Who?

Paperback Writer
03-04-2014, 12:01 AM
“A fire broke out backstage in a theatre. The clown came out to warn the public; they thought it was a joke and applauded. He repeated it; the acclaim was even greater. I think that's just how the world will come to an end: to general applause from wits who believe it's a joke.”

― Søren Kierkegaard (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6172.S_ren_Kierkegaard), Either/Or, Part I (http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/17866014)

In other words, who tells the tale is as important as the tale they are telling.

Bill Maher, millionaire who makes 400% more per year than those who work for him and 1000 times more per year talking to people round a table whilst construction workers and soldiers bake in the heat, is not the person who ought to lecture on income inequality, especially when not two years before he complained about the rich man's tax burden in California.

zelmo1234
03-04-2014, 06:59 AM
So why is it that corporations pay these high dollars to get these CEO's

While much of the lifting is in fact done by those down the ladder, that is not the Ceo's job

His job is to be looking 5 years out and 10 years out, working with governments and other corporations to keep the company solvent and growing.

The CEO looks after the share holders. thus paying them in preferred stock.(so they can't vote) is one of the vary things that should be encouraged.

Yes this will sometimes lead to illegal activity, but there are criminals in all walks of life. Maybe the IRS could actually look at the book of these corporations instead of making sure that you have healthcare and that conservative groups are prevented from become tax free and raising money!

The high dollar CEO is usually there because they bring something to the table that others can't!

And it is rare that you can take the janitor and put him in that position and the company will thrive!

Libhater
03-04-2014, 07:25 AM

You would save yourself a lot of unnecessary grief and whining about those employers and leaders who have climbed the ladder to success,
if instead you were to concentrate on helping the proletariat and or any other underlings who as of yet haven't shown the initiative/desire to
forge ahead to become somebody. Your constant blame and class warfare game is getting quite old, but I suppose it does go hand in hand
with obummer's wealth redistribution scheme to punish the producers while keeping the non-producers on that cradle to grave entitlement
gravy train.

Dr. Who
03-04-2014, 06:18 PM
So why is it that corporations pay these high dollars to get these CEO's

While much of the lifting is in fact done by those down the ladder, that is not the Ceo's job

His job is to be looking 5 years out and 10 years out, working with governments and other corporations to keep the company solvent and growing.

The CEO looks after the share holders. thus paying them in preferred stock.(so they can't vote) is one of the vary things that should be encouraged.

Yes this will sometimes lead to illegal activity, but there are criminals in all walks of life. Maybe the IRS could actually look at the book of these corporations instead of making sure that you have healthcare and that conservative groups are prevented from become tax free and raising money!

The high dollar CEO is usually there because they bring something to the table that others can't!

And it is rare that you can take the janitor and put him in that position and the company will thrive!

Odd that Europe manages to have successful corporations without paying their executive obscene salaries relative to their average employee.

America has had corporations and CEOs for many years. It is only in recent times that executive compensation has been rising exponentially and disproportionately, while the salaries of workers are generally staying in place. The extra money has to come from some place. It won't come from the shareholders unless they want to risk depressing their share price. Are executives suddenly more valuable than they used to be, or is this just metaphorically a case of the "emperors new clothes"?

Dr. Who
03-04-2014, 06:38 PM
You would save yourself a lot of unnecessary grief and whining about those employers and leaders who have climbed the ladder to success,
if instead you were to concentrate on helping the proletariat and or any other underlings who as of yet haven't shown the initiative/desire to
forge ahead to become somebody. Your constant blame and class warfare game is getting quite old, but I suppose it does go hand in hand
with obummer's wealth redistribution scheme to punish the producers while keeping the non-producers on that cradle to grave entitlement
gravy train.

Piffle. I don't constantly do anything of the sort. I'm old enough to have seen the changes in the white collar world. I've worked for both European and American employers. There is a difference. At least I don't spend all my time whining about conservatives, unlike some who attribute everything they dislike, from the weather to traffic on liberals . I don't even bring that concept into the conversation. It's easy to spout political rhetoric and much harder to simply address issues. Try it sometimes. I could care less about Obama. Presidents come and go. Life goes on. Some things have nothing to do with what party is in power, but subtle changes in human behavior, corporate cultures and schisms appearing in society. If you think that CEOs deserve every penny that they get, say so and say why you think that they do. Why do they deserve more now than they did in the past? Why do they deserve more than European CEOs who do as much for their employers. Why do American workers deserve less. Provide an argument, as opposed to a sweeping strawman statement.

Paperback Writer
03-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Odd that Europe manages to have successful corporations without paying their executive obscene salaries relative to their average employee.

Our executives make obscene salaries. The twatters are HSBC are rolling in it, quite. Ought to have heard old Brand's meltdown on it.

Libhater
03-04-2014, 11:06 PM
Piffle. I don't constantly do anything of the sort. I'm old enough to have seen the changes in the white collar world. I've worked for both European and American employers. There is a difference. At least I don't spend all my time whining about conservatives, unlike some who attribute everything they dislike, from the weather to traffic on liberals . I don't even bring that concept into the conversation. It's easy to spout political rhetoric and much harder to simply address issues. Try it sometimes. I could care less about Obama. Presidents come and go. Life goes on. Some things have nothing to do with what party is in power, but subtle changes in human behavior, corporate cultures and schisms appearing in society. If you think that CEOs deserve every penny that they get, say so and say why you think that they do. Why do they deserve more now than they did in the past? Why do they deserve more than European CEOs who do as much for their employers. Why do American workers deserve less. Provide an argument, as opposed to a sweeping strawman statement.

It isn't a matter of someone deserving a set amount of money, or salary, or anything else in life for that matter. Obummer certainly
didn't deserve to become president, but he became potus anyway. Nothing is fair or equal in this life either. What you should be
concentrating on if your goal is to even out the playing field is to set your sights on becoming a CEO yourself--and by doing so you
might just start to appreciate how others became successful. Perhaps with your new found success you'll be able to stop the whining
and lend a helping hand or the knowledge of and road to your success to the underlings in society.

You obviously don't appreciate the successful people in our nation, nor do you seem to find exceptionalism in our nation. My advice
to someone like yourself who has a leftist love affair with big government and the non productive crowd is to open your very own
soup kitchen to help out the needy; and by doing that someone might just classify you as an enterprising socialist who has good
intentions for the betterment of mankind. Can't say that you'll make much money pouring soup to the poor, but then again greed
and avarice were never a leftist's goal to begin with.

Dr. Who
03-04-2014, 11:21 PM
It isn't a matter of someone deserving a set amount of money, or salary, or anything else in life for that matter. Obummer certainly
didn't deserve to become president, but he became potus anyway. Nothing is fair or equal in this life either. What you should be
concentrating on if your goal is to even out the playing field is to set your sights on becoming a CEO yourself--and by doing so you
might just start to appreciate how others became successful. Perhaps with your new found success you'll be able to stop the whining
and lend a helping hand or the knowledge of and road to your success to the underlings in society.

You obviously don't appreciate the successful people in our nation, nor do you seem to find exceptionalism in our nation. My advice
to someone like yourself who has a leftist love affair with big government and the non productive crowd is to open your very own
soup kitchen to help out the needy; and by doing that someone might just classify you as an enterprising socialist who has good
intentions for the betterment of mankind. Can't say that you'll make much money pouring soup to the poor, but then again greed
and avarice were never a leftist's goal to begin with.

You have still avoided responding to the argument. This argument is not about me, it is about the overcompensation of American CEOs and their executive. Why has their compensation been increasing disproportionately to the compensation of the median worker and why do they deserve so much more than they deserved (relatively) in the past, or that they deserve in other parts of the world? Are they suddenly wiser, bring more to the table, advance their business further than their less compensated predecessors?

Libhater
03-04-2014, 11:35 PM
You have still avoided responding to the argument. This argument is not about me, it is about the overcompensation of American CEOs and their executive. Why has their compensation been increasing disproportionately to the compensation of the median worker and why do they deserve so much more than they deserved (relatively) in the past, or that they deserve in other parts of the world? Are they suddenly wiser, bring more to the table, advance their business further than their less compensated predecessors?

You obviously never took a logic class in kindergarten. Again, this isn't a matter of sizing up who 'deserves' the larger slice of pie. This has more to do with who becomes the winners and who becomes the losers in society, or who has the initiative to succeed and set goals verse who stays perfectly content being a ward of the state. Who would you appoint to oversee
these extravagant CEO salaries? Would you enlist the federal government to take action against these greedy CEOs? Just who becomes the financial arbiter or judge in doling out the money?

Dr. Who
03-04-2014, 11:55 PM
You obviously never took a logic class in kindergarten. Again, this isn't a matter of sizing up who 'deserves' the larger slice of pie. This has more to do with who becomes the winners and who becomes the losers in society, or who has the initiative to succeed and set goals verse who stays perfectly content being a ward of the state. Who would you appoint to oversee
these extravagant CEO salaries? Would you enlist the federal government to take action against these greedy CEOs? Just who becomes the financial arbiter or judge in doling out the money?

That wasn't the argument. I asked why you endorse them and why they have changed. This is not a political argument. It's not about liberals or conservatives, it's about the fundamental difference between how we compensated corporate executives before and now. Why do they now deserve more? If you agree with the current compensation scheme you must have a reason. What is it?

Green Arrow
03-05-2014, 01:49 AM
I agree with Maher, but he's a two-faced asshole. When is he going to put his money where his mouth is, exactly? When are any of the Democratic politicians who talk big like he does?

Bob
03-05-2014, 02:13 AM

You kidding? Mr Wonderful is too busy making a lot more money and making bed pals of as many women as he is able.

The funny thing. He was once on ABC TV and he was then funny. Now he is sick. He really thinks his brand of speaking is funny.

But as Hitler had his jokes, so does Maher. But guess who both appealed to?

Bob
03-05-2014, 02:20 AM

I advise you to consult one of the authoritative books published to determine fair income for those you mention. You might also consult some Boards of Directors who vote on compensation and base their payment to the CEO and others, on established standards.

Yes, we have the Kelly blue book for autos, as a former appraiser I still have tools I once used to determine fair home prices and those in industry have their tools.

CEO incomes are not chosen on a whim or a guess.

Check this example:

201 0-201 1 SALARY BOOK - Michigan Technological ... (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&ved=0CHMQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fusg.mtu.edu%2Fusg%2Fdocuments%2Fo ther%2F2010-11%20Salary%20Book.pdf&ei=s9AWU6exMs_woASz4YG4CQ&usg=AFQjCNHX7eoRn7vzgVuCNZqJZP_WoVwJew&sig2=yNlVnuali4Vemtti-m-4HQ&bvm=bv.62286460,d.cGU)usg.mtu.edu/usg/documents/other/2010-11 Salary Book.pdf‎[/URL]

(https://www.google.com/search?q=book+of+ceo+incomes&rlz=1C1VEAD_en&oq=book+of+ceo+incomes&aqs=chrome..69i57.9650j0j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#)
[URL="https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&rlz=1C1VEAD_en&espv=210&es_sm=122&biw=1024&bih=653&q=related:usg.mtu.edu/usg/documents/other/2010-11%20Salary%20Book.pdf+book+of+wages+and+incomes&tbo=1&sa=X&ei=s9AWU6exMs_woASz4YG4CQ&ved=0CHcQHzAI"]

ANNAUL SALARY: STAFF: All regular full-time staff will have an annualize salary in this column. These figures are straight time estimates and do not include ...

zelmo1234
03-05-2014, 02:22 AM

It is really not less than it once was.

If you look at the massive wealth that was earned by Rockefeller, Carnegie, Vanderbilt, Ford, Jp Morgan, Westinghouse, And many of the other great capitalists?

They earn what would be in todays dollars Trillions! And there families are employed today actually giving away, the interest on there massive wealth!

Bob
03-05-2014, 02:49 AM
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/04/111704.asp

A Guide To CEO CompensationBy Ben McClure (http://www.investopedia.com/contributors/49) on May 02, 2011 (http://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/04/111704.asp#)A A A

Filed Under: Bonuses (http://www.investopedia.com/tags/bonuses/), Compensation (http://www.investopedia.com/tags/compensation/), Options (http://www.investopedia.com/tags/options/), Salary (http://www.investopedia.com/tags/salary/)
It's hard to read the business news without coming across reports about the salaries, bonuses, and stock option packages awarded to chief executives of publicly traded companies. Making sense of the numbers to assess how companies are paying their top brass isn't always easy. Is executive compensation working in the favor of investors? Here are a few guidelines for checking a company's compensation program.

Use link to study much more

Peter1469
03-05-2014, 06:09 AM
I don't mind it if a CEO makes a lot of money, so long as it is tied to performance. Of course we see examples now and then where that isn't the case. But that Amazon chick explained it well not too long ago.

zelmo1234
03-05-2014, 07:00 AM
I don't mind it if a CEO makes a lot of money, so long as it is tied to performance. Of course we see examples now and then where that isn't the case. But that Amazon chick explained it well not too long ago.

Usually not always, the CEO has a lot of his income in stock options. Thus when he makes the company super profitable he or she makes a ton of money.

Usually wealth is created by 2 things and 2 things only, again it is not always the case, How much you are willing to Risk and how hard you are willing to work!

For those of you that have nothing to risk??? Get a commission sales job and work your ass off!

nic34
03-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Business and CEO success should benefit everyone in the company. The workers that made that success possible should be compensated well enough that they never need govt services.

Yet that is what is happening in too many large corporations.

Codename Section
03-05-2014, 07:40 AM
I started my business with friends and we all poured our entire savings into starting it. We were the ones that worked on proposals, networked, and did all the jobs that someday (hopefully) other wage employees will do. Why shouldn't we have the lions share when we are older?

We took on ALL the risk. If this had fallen apart my savings that I put aside from ten years in the military, out in fucking deserts, getting shot at, nearly blown up--those savings would have been pissed away.

I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I didn't have help from family. If someone tells me later that I don't deserve 400% more or whatever than a new employee I hire when I'm 45 or 50 I'll tell them to fuck off.

These wage employees didn't save for years, they didn't work 20 hour days, they didn't sweat as they wrote proposals, they didn't worry about what they were leading their friends into, and they didn't risk every cent they had worked for their whole life.

I know its real popular this eat the rich shit and ironically its real popular by dicks who want to be loved to talk this flowery shit like Maher, but if he had the choice between being middle income or rich he'd choose rich and I doubt he'd say that his own salary should be cut by half so that everyone got paid more.

Because truth is he could do that now. Instead of 20+ million he'd have 10 and still be rich.

Fuck him.

Chris
03-05-2014, 07:45 AM

I'll take the challenge if you are serious. Please begin by summarizing Maher's argument in a few words.

Cigar
03-05-2014, 07:50 AM
I'll take the challenge if you are serious. Please begin by summarizing Maher's argument in a few words.

Many Democratic Billionaires Put their Money where their Mouth is ... (for Death, Dumb and infantly Stupid that's BILLIONAIRES with "B" not a "M") :laugh:

Codename Section
03-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Many Democratic Billionaires Put their Money where their Mouth is ... (for Death, Dumb and infantly Stupid that's BILLIONAIRES with "B" not a "M") :laugh:

Name a few.

Cigar
03-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Name a few.

Watch the Video :wink:

Codename Section
03-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Watch the Video :wink:

Naw, son, I'm asking YOU. Which Democrat billionaires pay all of their employees over $10. Soros? Nope. Look at his sweat shop workers. Zucker? Nope again. Gates, did Jobs? Nope. Chinese people making less than a $1 work/worked for them.

People can talk all day but talk is cheap as they say.

Chris
03-05-2014, 07:59 AM

IOW, you're not serious. Didn't really think so. Continue flame baiting.

Cigar
03-05-2014, 08:02 AM
IOW, you're not serious. Didn't really think so. Continue flame baiting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JZEIMQ42-oU

Codename Section
03-05-2014, 08:03 AM
I knew Democrats hate the truth like vampires hate crosses but whatever.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/30/meet-george-soros-favorite-african-strongman/

Propping up dictators

George Soros, the billionaire banker who recently backed (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/10/24/george-soros-joins-fundraising-effort-to-promote-hillary-rodham-clinton-presidential-bid-ready-for-hillary-super-pac/3177411/) Hillary Clinton’s presidential aspirations, also supports and finances a corrupt African strongman dragging his country to the brink of civil unrest.Soros is the chief foreign backer of Alpha Conde, president of the mineral-rich West African nation of Guinea. Through his many think tanks and consulting firms, Soros helped Conde fleece foreign mining companies, despite political corruption and human rights abuses.
Conde gained power in 2010 through Guinea’s first ostensibly free vote since it gained independence from France in 1958. The election was marred (http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Africa/2010/1116/Guinea-election-rivals-both-declare-victory-setting-stage-for-tense-showdown) by probable voter fraud, as Conde suspiciously jumped from 18 percent in the first round of voting to 52 percent in the final tally.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/30/meet-george-soros-favorite-african-strongman/#ixzz2v5oXeV2J

How much does DNC backer Apple pay people?

http://www.scpr.org/blogs/economy/2012/02/23/4812/where-apple-pays-chinese-workers-2-hour-make-iphon/

$2 an hour to make an iPhone they'll sell for $600 in the US

Facebook's guy leaves US to avoid paying taxes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/11/eduardo-saverin-us-citizenship_n_1510099.html

What fucking hypocritical losers. It's a good thing Democrats are so stupid and blinded to their party or they might catch on what pieces of shit they're being led by.

Cigar
03-05-2014, 08:08 AM

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/30/meet-george-soros-favorite-african-strongman/

Propping up dictators

http://www.scpr.org/blogs/economy/2012/02/23/4812/where-apple-pays-chinese-workers-2-hour-make-iphon/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/11/eduardo-saverin-us-citizenship_n_1510099.html

What fucking hypocritical losers. It's a good thing Democrats are so stupid and blinded to their party or they might catch on what pieces of shit they're being led by.

Really dude ... are you really going to try to compare Democratic Fat-Cats to Republican Fat-Cats when it comes to Hypocrisy :smiley_ROFLMAO:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-A5NVuw-xXrw/TlCrYO12moI/AAAAAAAAAFA/uAQ-VM1Af04/s1600/koch-brothers.jpg

http://takemystockplease.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/frazier.jpg

Stay Down Sucker :grin:

Codename Section
03-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Really dude ... are you really going to try to compare Democratic Fat-Cats to Republican Fat-Cats when it comes to Hypocrisy :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Dude, when you don't even know what hypocrisy is, you can't really act like you're winning unless you want to wear a big sign that says

I'm an idiot.

Republicans aren't hypocrites. Hypocrisy is saying one thing and doing another. They are pro-money. Democrats who pretend to be pro-people and give them $2 an hour offshore are hypocrites.

That'll be $2 for that bit of education. Consider yourself lucky. My hourly is a lot higher than that normally.

Codename Section
03-05-2014, 08:13 AM
And let's go back to me pointing out, yet again, how full of shit this whole thread is and Democrats along with it.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/30/me...can-strongman/ (http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/30/meet-george-soros-favorite-african-strongman/)

Propping up dictators

http://www.scpr.org/blogs/economy/20...ur-make-iphon/ (http://www.scpr.org/blogs/economy/2012/02/23/4812/where-apple-pays-chinese-workers-2-hour-make-iphon/)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1510099.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/11/eduardo-saverin-us-citizenship_n_1510099.html)

Cigar
03-05-2014, 08:17 AM
I Can't ... I was told to stand in the corner while the referee counts you off.

http://i0.wp.com/www.boxingnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/chisora500.jpg?resize=351%2C270

Codename Section
03-05-2014, 08:23 AM
I Can't ... I was told to stand in the corner while the referee counts you off.

Dude, when you are the one that has no counter for the hypocrisy of your power to the people, you're knocked out. Do yourself and your fingers a favor and stay down.

It's just going to be nonsense anyway. Your idols are hypocrites and liars. They exploit workers in actuality while talking about all the shit they'd love to do for them but can't.

Fact is, Maher can cut his salary in half to pay people more and still be rich. Apple can move all their plants back to the US. Soros can quit propping up dictators.

In fact, they call all start now by voluntarily paying everyone more.

Chris
03-05-2014, 08:27 AM
What's that old saying, never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it. Cigar is not interested in discussion.

Cigar
03-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Dude, when you are the one that has no counter for the hypocrisy of your power to the people, you're knocked out. Do yourself and your fingers a favor and stay down.

It's just going to be nonsense anyway. Your idols are hypocrites and liars. They exploit workers in actuality while talking about all the shit they'd love to do for them but can't.

Fact is, Maher can cut his salary in half to pay people more and still be rich. Apple can move all their plants back to the US. Soros can quit propping up dictators.

In fact, they call all start now by voluntarily paying everyone more.

You are obviously have difficulty with your hearing and your eyes ...

I even tried how those with that problem ... hint .................... BILLIONAIRES ... not .... MILLIONAIRES :rollseyes:

Try to stay Focus on the Subject and not The typical Right ... Automatic Denials

Codename Section
03-05-2014, 08:43 AM
http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2011/01/capital-rivals-apple-versus-microso.html

Both companies have large employee bases that donate heavily to Democrats. During the past two decades, which encompasses the breadth of the Center's available data, individuals at Apple and Microsoft have combined to donate more than $11 million.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02121/apple-china_2121449b.jpg

Cigar
03-05-2014, 08:43 AM
What's that old saying, never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it. Cigar is not interested in discussion.

wrestle?

I don't wrestle ...

2 Sounds sport ... me making the connection and them hitting the ground.

Dirty ... who gets dirty :laugh:

Cigar
03-05-2014, 08:45 AM
http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2011/01/capital-rivals-apple-versus-microso.html

Both companies have large employee bases that donate heavily to Democrats. During the past two decades, which encompasses the breadth of the Center's available data, individuals at Apple and Microsoft have combined to donate more than $11 million.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02121/apple-china_2121449b.jpg

Start adding up the Republicans and Democrats and see which bag fill first. :grin:

Nice try ... but NO Cigar :wink:

Codename Section
03-05-2014, 08:48 AM
You are obviously have difficulty with your hearing and your eyes ...

I even tried how those with that problem ... hint .................... BILLIONAIRES ... not .... MILLIONAIRES :rollseyes:

Billionaires like Obama Supporter George Soros?

http://www.forbes.com/profile/george-soros/

Net Worth
$23 Billion

As of March 2014
Currency manipulation: A large part of Soros’ multibillion-dollar fortune has come from manipulating currencies. During the 1997 Asian financial crisis, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad accused him of bringing down the nation’s currency through his trading activities, and in Thailand he was called an “economic war criminal.” Known as “The Man who Broke the Bank of England,” Soros initiated a British financial crisis by dumping 10 billion sterling, forcing the devaluation of the currency and gaining a billion-dollar profit.

http://www.humanevents.com/2011/04/02/top-10-reasons-george-soros-is-dangerous/

Try to stay Focus on the Subject and not The typical Right ... Automatic Denials

Dude, a denial would be if I said that CEOs don't make a lot of money. I'm not saying that. I'm saying that they do and that they should. Try to keep up with words and shit. It's helpful to be square on the meanings of them. :rollseyes:

Codename Section
03-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Start adding up the Republicans and Democrats and see which bag fill first. :grin:

Nice try ... but NO Cigar :wink:

Can you please focus? Seriously.

nic34
03-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Let’s Get this Straight, the Kochs Are Menacing, Soros is Benevolent

“The hysteria over the Koch bros always reminds me of Soros, who spends FAR more money and has his fingers in more pies than the Koch bros could ever dream of. The man gives millions of dollars to over 30 “news” outfits. If you pull the strings at nearly every left-wing outfit, you find they lead to him and his money. So I have to laugh whenever a liberal whines about the Koch bros and the improper influence of money since they seem to find Soros just a harmless old philanthropist.”

This is classic right wing misinformation. Together, the Kochs have approximately $68 billion dollars combined wealth (http://wallstreetonparade.com/2013/04/koch-brothers-wealth-grew-by-33-billion-in-3-years-as-americas-schools-report-1-million-homeless-kids/) whereas George Soros has $20 billion (http://www.forbes.com/profile/george-soros/). Right away, common sense should prevail upon a conservative afraid of a Soros boogeyman that he doesn’t have the resources of the megalomaniacal brothers. Where does this misguided commenter get such nonsense? Where else but the conservative media-sphere, so well-known for its distortion, it’s become cliché. Visit Fox So-Called News or right wing blogs, and soon you hear that George Soros has spent “$550 million (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/12/14/george-soros-godfather-left-gives-550-million-to-liberal-causes/)” since 1979 in the United States on liberal causes and fail to note that he has disclosed every dollar, because he believes in a transparent and open society. Conversely, just try and find a record of the Koch brothers’ donations to conservative causes since 1979 without a full-time investigator.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/20/lets-straight-kochs-menacing-soros-benevolent.html

Codename Section
03-05-2014, 09:01 AM

“The hysteria over the Koch bros always reminds me of Soros, who spends FAR more money and has his fingers in more pies than the Koch bros could ever dream of. The man gives millions of dollars to over 30 “news” outfits. If you pull the strings at nearly every left-wing outfit, you find they lead to him and his money. So I have to laugh whenever a liberal whines about the Koch bros and the improper influence of money since they seem to find Soros just a harmless old philanthropist.”

This is classic right wing misinformation. Together, the Kochs have approximately $68 billion dollars combined wealth (http://wallstreetonparade.com/2013/04/koch-brothers-wealth-grew-by-33-billion-in-3-years-as-americas-schools-report-1-million-homeless-kids/) whereas George Soros has $20 billion (http://www.forbes.com/profile/george-soros/). Right away, common sense should prevail upon a conservative afraid of a Soros boogeyman that he doesn’t have the resources of the megalomaniacal brothers. Where does this misguided commenter get such nonsense? Where else but the conservative media-sphere, so well-known for its distortion, it’s become cliché. Visit Fox So-Called News or right wing blogs, and soon you hear that George Soros has spent “$550 million (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/12/14/george-soros-godfather-left-gives-550-million-to-liberal-causes/)” since 1979 in the United States on liberal causes and fail to note that he has disclosed every dollar, because he believes in a transparent and open society. Conversely, just try and find a record of the Koch brothers’ donations to conservative causes since 1979 without a full-time investigator.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/20/lets-straight-kochs-menacing-soros-benevolent.html

Right, they're all billionaires.

Guess which ones admit it, are happy about it, and don't pretend otherwise while propping up third world dictators and screwing England's economy?

If I become a billionaire instead of pretending I'm a man of the people I will fly in my private jet back home to Gautier Mississippi rent the trashiest blinged out limo I can find open the sun roof, ride around, and go: How ya like me now, bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cigar
03-05-2014, 09:01 AM

They will defend their Daddies to the death :laugh:

Codename Section
03-05-2014, 09:15 AM
They will defend their Daddies to the death :laugh:

I don't know if you're pretending to be blonde or you are a blonde.

Paperback Writer
03-05-2014, 09:21 AM
I don't know if you're pretending to be blonde or you are a blonde.

No, he's just American. :roflmao:

Chris
03-05-2014, 09:24 AM
No, he's just American. :roflmao:

No, it's just cigar.

Paperback Writer
03-05-2014, 09:29 AM
I love pointing out hypocrisy, such a fun game that.

http://militantlibertarian.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/obama-bankers.jpg

nic34
03-05-2014, 10:12 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1xOSn96fefg/TqUO96U2NiI/AAAAAAAAhLE/ZgnMEs5VcIY/s1600/Tony-Blair-Clown--23707.jpg

Paperback Writer
03-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Well, he saw what happens when you allow septics to lead you by the nose into two wars. Conservatives win, ironically.

nic34
03-05-2014, 10:17 AM
... sometimes you really need an ally that makes you HAVE to think....

Paperback Writer
03-05-2014, 10:19 AM
... sometimes you really need an ally that makes you HAVE to think....

Our problem is that we feel a sense of responsibility to and for the United States. Blair should have told him to fuck off back to Essex but he didn't and now Labour paid the price.

AmazonTania
03-05-2014, 10:22 AM
The poor in America live like kings compared to the rest of the world.

Income inequality is not an issue in the United States.

Paperback Writer
03-05-2014, 10:25 AM

Course it is. The poor need their iPhones and Starbucks like everyone else.

AmazonTania
03-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Actually, if you manage to pass by municipality to register for SNAP, a ton of people will try to register your for a free cellphone...

And to think I wasted $300 bucks getting a new one...

The Xl
03-05-2014, 10:42 AM

Not knowing shit is your deal, Cigar, and everyone on the forum knows it.

You don't give enough, that's the issue. Until you give everything you can, you shouldn't question what others do with their money.

Captain Obvious
03-05-2014, 12:13 PM
http://troll.me/images/creepy-willy-wonka/you-enjoy-bill-maher-i-make-my-own-opinions.jpg

The Sage of Main Street
03-05-2014, 06:09 PM

Only self-hating, slavish wimps compare themselves downward. If people keep passively accepting economic tyranny because some Third World ratholes have it worse, America will soon sink to the rathole level. Focus on the Jabba the Hutts on top who are suffocating us.

Peter1469
03-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Only self-hating, slavish wimps compare themselves downward. If people keep passively accepting economic tyranny because some Third World ratholes have it worse, America will soon sink to the rathole level. Focus on the Jabba the Hutts on top who are suffocating us.

Sigh.

Dr. Who
03-05-2014, 09:13 PM
I agree with Maher, but he's a two-faced asshole. When is he going to put his money where his mouth is, exactly? When are any of the Democratic politicians who talk big like he does?It's a pity he is a bit of a hypocrite, but most of his comedian friends are probably poor.

nic34
03-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Amazing amazon and more faux fax......poor folk don't pay cell bills every month.

Dr. Who
03-05-2014, 09:23 PM
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/04/111704.asp

A Guide To CEO Compensation

By Ben McClure (http://www.investopedia.com/contributors/49) on May 02, 2011A A A

Filed Under: Bonuses (http://www.investopedia.com/tags/bonuses/), Compensation (http://www.investopedia.com/tags/compensation/), Options (http://www.investopedia.com/tags/options/), Salary (http://www.investopedia.com/tags/salary/)
It's hard to read the business news without coming across reports about the salaries, bonuses, and stock option packages awarded to chief executives of publicly traded companies. Making sense of the numbers to assess how companies are paying their top brass isn't always easy. Is executive compensation working in the favor of investors? Here are a few guidelines for checking a company's compensation program.

Use link to study much more

"Worse still, the incentive to keep the share price motoring upward so that options will stay in-the-money (http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/inthemoney.asp) encourages executives to focus exclusively on the next quarter and ignore shareholders' longer term interests. Options can even prompt top managers to manipulate the numbers to make sure the short-term targets are met. That hardly reinforces the link between CEOs and shareholders." This is the part that is truly disturbing and has caused significant problems in many corporations. When those long term targets are not met, the difference is taken from the non-executive staff through holding back merit increases and by reducing staff.

Dr. Who
03-05-2014, 09:26 PM
I started my business with friends and we all poured our entire savings into starting it. We were the ones that worked on proposals, networked, and did all the jobs that someday (hopefully) other wage employees will do. Why shouldn't we have the lions share when we are older?

We took on ALL the risk. If this had fallen apart my savings that I put aside from ten years in the military, out in fucking deserts, getting shot at, nearly blown up--those savings would have been pissed away.

I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I didn't have help from family. If someone tells me later that I don't deserve 400% more or whatever than a new employee I hire when I'm 45 or 50 I'll tell them to fuck off.

These wage employees didn't save for years, they didn't work 20 hour days, they didn't sweat as they wrote proposals, they didn't worry about what they were leading their friends into, and they didn't risk every cent they had worked for their whole life.

I know its real popular this eat the rich shit and ironically its real popular by dicks who want to be loved to talk this flowery shit like Maher, but if he had the choice between being middle income or rich he'd choose rich and I doubt he'd say that his own salary should be cut by half so that everyone got paid more.

Because truth is he could do that now. Instead of 20+ million he'd have 10 and still be rich.

Fuck him.

I have no problem with company owners taking what they believe they deserve. The intelligent owner of a company will never take so much that he destroys the morale of his employees and destroys the future of the company.

Codename Section
03-06-2014, 08:24 AM
I have no problem with company owners taking what they believe they deserve. The intelligent owner of a company will never take so much that he destroys the morale of his employees and destroys the future of the company.

Anyone who starts working for me and discounts all the bullet's I've dodged, all the classes I took in how to write proposals, all of the times I didn't go out so I could save money to start this business can GTFO.

When you save money to start a business there are years where you are denying yourself. When you actually start the business there are nights where you work around the clock. No junior employee ever puts in the hours that the business owner put in the first few years as an investment on that return.