PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi Militias Killing Alternative Teens

Conley
03-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Dozens of Iraqi teenagers have been killed in recent months by militias who consider them to be devil worshippers, human rights activists claim.

The young people are described as "emos", a term used in the West to refer to youths who listen to rock music and wear alternative clothing.

Reports say that up to 58 teenagers have been beaten to death or shot in the last month, most of them men.

Iraq's interior ministry recently described emos as devil worshippers.

In Iraq, the term emo is also conflated with homosexuality, which although legal is socially and religiously taboo.

'Threatened'
Militias in Baghdad's conservative Shia neighbourhood of Sadr City have distributed leaflets with the names of 20 young people they say should be punished.

In a statement on his website, Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr described emo youths as "crazy and fools", but said they should be dealt with within the law.

"They are a plague on Muslim society, and those responsible should eliminate them through legal means," he said.

Mustafa, a young Iraqi, told the BBC he feels "threatened" when he wears black clothing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17333275

I still can't believe we "liberated" these guys. What a great service we've done for the world. Freaking barbarians.

Mister D
03-11-2012, 03:02 PM
I might like doing that around here...:undecided:

Conley
03-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Here's more on it - kids being stoned for their haircuts or wearing Western jeans like Levi's

(warning: graphic photo)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2112960/90-students-Iraq-stoned-death-having-Emo-hair-tight-clothes.html?ICO=most_read_module

Mister D
03-11-2012, 03:38 PM
I don't approve of the methods but I can certainly sympathize with the anti-western sentiment.

Conley
03-11-2012, 03:41 PM
I certainly have some anti-Middle Eastern sentiment. :undecided:

Mister D
03-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I certainly have some anti-Middle Eastern sentiment. :undecided:

So do I but they aren't trying to remake my society. We're trying to remake theirs.

wingrider
03-11-2012, 06:20 PM
So do I but they aren't trying to remake my society. We're trying to remake theirs. yes and we have shed american blood and national treasure promoting democracy through the barell of a gun.. looks like it isn't working very welll,

Mister D
03-11-2012, 06:22 PM
The jury is out I suppose but, no, the signs aren't encouraging.

Mainecoons
03-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It won't work and it annoys the pig.

Never try to teach a Muslim to be a modern, civilized human being. It definitely won't work and it definitely will piss the pigs off.

Quarantine. They stay over there, we stay over here. We don't buy their stinking oil, we don't give a crap what they buy. They lob anything at us, we turn their entire country(s) into fused glass.

We get out of their face, we keep them out of our space.

This doesn't have to be complicated.

Mister D
03-11-2012, 07:12 PM

Never try to teach a Muslim to be a modern, civilized human being. It definitely won't work and it definitely will piss the pigs off.

Quarantine. They stay over there, we stay over here. We don't buy their stinking oil, we don't give a crap what they buy. They lob anything at us, we turn their entire country(s) into fused glass.

This doesn't have to be complicated.

Agreed. It really doesn't have to be complicated. You have your space and we have ours.

wingrider
03-11-2012, 07:22 PM

This doesn't have to be complicated. isn't it funny how great minds think alike,?

MMC
03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
We stay out and then the ME takes it's Natural Course. After a couple hundred years they will come a knocking anyways. Course Israel would be into the mix on a daily basis.

So the Shia goes after these youths and then the Sunni they go after women for driving, wearing western clothes, and after homesexuals. Funny that one says it is moderate, while both are now believers in Democracy.

Mainecoons
03-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Repressive societies are successful over the longer haul, as history shows. Freedom breeds prosperity. See if you can figure out why prosperity is disappearing in America. Perhaps it is paralleling the destruction of freedom by government.

wingrider
03-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Repressive societies are successful over the longer haul, as history shows. Freedom breeds prosperity. See if you can figure out why prosperity is disappearing in America. Perhaps it is paralleling the destruction of freedom by government. i fully agree.. comapre the QUALITY of freedom today with 50 years ago.. unbelievable the difference.