PDA

View Full Version : Outrageous! Wisconsin publication lists names of state's biggest "welfare queens".

Cigar
03-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Wisconsin’s biggest “welfare queens”

Conservatives just love to throw out the phrase “welfare queens” as an attempt to stereotype recipients of public benefits, but here’s an interesting fact:

Wisconsin’s biggest “welfare queens” are actually some of Wisconsin’s biggest businesses, as noted by the state’s own BadgerCare enrollment data. Here’s a list of the top 5 employers with the most employees/dependents receiving BadgerCare benefits.

Walmart
McDonalds
Aurora
Menards
QPS Staffing

http://bloggingblue.com/2014/03/wisconsins-biggest-welfare-queens/

Captain Obvious
03-06-2014, 12:40 PM
http://tanyaeby.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/lion_before_marriage.jpg

Cthulhu
03-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Guess you better get rid of a policy that is being abused shouldn't you?

Cigar
03-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Guess you better get rid of a policy that is being abused shouldn't you?

Let start with one that says I get paid by the Government if I'm a Millionaire ... then that will pay for the other programs :laugh:

Green Arrow
03-06-2014, 02:07 PM
It's a good point, Cigar, and another point that both Democrats and Republicans alike (as well as liberals and conservatives) mess up on. Conservatives and Republicans tend to condemn poor "welfare queens," while ignoring (or defending) big business "welfare queens." Liberals and Democrats tend to condemn big business "welfare queens" and ignore poor "welfare queens."

patrickt
03-06-2014, 02:12 PM
The only person I've seen referring to "welfare queens" on this forum is you, Cigar, and you do it frequently. Now tell me, what welfare benefits are any of those companies getting? It's a rhetorical question. They're not getting any.

But, Zach Wisniewski posts this on "Blogging Blue", don't laugh, and you run with it.

What is BadgerCare? Well, it's a health care program. And, to be eligible a single person must earn less than $33,510 a year. That's terrible.

Here's the link, Cigar, where you can learn about BadgerCare +.
http://www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/1616

hanger4
03-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Nice comment from your leftest bloger:...... ''“Welfare queens” receive government benefits. None of these companies are receiving government health care. Nice try though.''...... Poor attempt at association by your bloger buddy. You were used as the tool you are.

hanger4
03-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Nice comment from your leftest bloger:...... ''ˇ°Welfare queensˇ± receive government benefits. None of these companies are receiving government health care. Nice try though.''...... Poor attempt at association by your bloger buddy. You were used as the tool you are.

patrickt
03-06-2014, 02:26 PM
I just realized. Wisconsin is where the hated Gov. Walker is the chief administrator. Amazing.

The Sage of Main Street
03-06-2014, 02:41 PM

Conservatives just love to throw out the phrase “welfare queens” as an attempt to stereotype recipients of public benefits, but here’s an interesting fact:

Wisconsin’s biggest “welfare queens” are actually some of Wisconsin’s biggest businesses, as noted by the state’s own BadgerCare enrollment data. Here’s a list of the top 5 employers with the most employees/dependents receiving BadgerCare benefits.

Walmart
McDonalds
Aurora
Menards
QPS Staffing

The biggest moochers of all are Heirheads, who would be nobodies without Daddy's Money. We won't have a free country until we outlaw birth privileges. If we have to do it on our own, so must they. Or they must suffer the consequences of being far outnumbered by those who are not soft, spoiled rotten, and afraid of fighting in a war.

AmazonTania
03-06-2014, 02:42 PM
If the poor people can abuse welfare than so can Corporations.

Equality and all that....

Captain Obvious
03-06-2014, 02:44 PM
I just realized. Wisconsin is where the hated Gov. Walker is the chief administrator. Amazing.

Hey - and we got a new pope also, welcome to the 21st Century.

Cigar
03-06-2014, 02:47 PM
The only person I've seen referring to "welfare queens" on this forum is you, Cigar, and you do it frequently. Now tell me, what welfare benefits are any of those companies getting? It's a rhetorical question. They're not getting any.

But, Zach Wisniewski posts this on "Blogging Blue", don't laugh, and you run with it.

What is BadgerCare? Well, it's a health care program. And, to be eligible a single person must earn less than $33,510 a year. That's terrible.

Here's the link, Cigar, where you can learn about BadgerCare +.
http://www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/1616

You know what a truly destructive and devastating Welfare Queen really is ... someone who has not only everything ... but someone who has everything they will ever need in life, and YOU as a Tax Payer is giving THEM a break YOU YOURSELF could never get.

Now that really generous ... where can I sign up the that free Money.

Green Arrow
03-06-2014, 02:50 PM

Why does it have to be a tu quoque? Why can't they both just be bad?

Cigar
03-06-2014, 02:53 PM
It's a good point, @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294), and another point that both Democrats and Republicans alike (as well as liberals and conservatives) mess up on. Conservatives and Republicans tend to condemn poor "welfare queens," while ignoring (or defending) big business "welfare queens." Liberals and Democrats tend to condemn big business "welfare queens" and ignore poor "welfare queens."

2 or 3 Corporate Welfare Queens cost the Government more than Years of the Poor.

Cigar
03-06-2014, 02:54 PM

Penny Wise ... :rollseyes:

Matty
03-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Get rid of all welfare then neither side will have anything to bitch about regarding the other side. Problem solved.

AmazonTania
03-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Why does it have to be a tu quoque? Why can't they both just be bad?

They are both bad. But if the Government is going to give me free money, I'm going to hop on that. After all, if I don't take it someone else will. Everyone knows this, even Corporations.

If you don't like it, you should reform the system.

Cthulhu
03-06-2014, 03:02 PM
The biggest moochers of all are Heirheads, who would be nobodies without Daddy's Money. We won't have a free country until we outlaw birth privileges. If we have to do it on our own, so must they. Or they must suffer the consequences of being far outnumbered by those who are not soft, spoiled rotten, and afraid of fighting in a war.

Please, don't have children. There is a high probability they will wind up like you.

Green Arrow
03-06-2014, 03:03 PM
2 or 3 Corporate Welfare Queens cost the Government more than Years of the Poor.

Doesn't matter. All "welfare queens," rich or poor, unfairly disadvantage those who actually need welfare.

Green Arrow
03-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Get rid of all welfare then neither side will have anything to bitch about regarding the other side. Problem solved.

Not going to happen.

Cthulhu
03-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Not going to happen.

People can hope can't they?

Green Arrow
03-06-2014, 03:22 PM
People can hope can't they?

Seems like a pretty bad thing to be wasting your hope on, IMO.

nathanbforrest45
03-06-2014, 03:27 PM

They are not abusing welfare. They are simply reacting to a bad law by not providing health care to their employees. They are not getting any benefits from the government that the government was not willing force them to take.

nathanbforrest45
03-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Disgusting
Absolutely disgusting.

Cthulhu
03-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Seems like a pretty bad thing to be wasting your hope on, IMO.

Hope and stupidity have a couple things in common, but the trait I am thinking of currently is their supply - it's infinite. Thus it is hard to waste it on something.

patrickt
03-06-2014, 04:03 PM
I support welfare but I wish we could get rid of the fraud and vote-buying and focused instead on helping people. I know, it's a silly thing to wish for.

Green Arrow
03-06-2014, 04:05 PM
I support welfare but I wish we could get rid of the fraud and vote-buying and focused instead on helping people. I know, it's a silly thing to wish for.

What do you think should be done to fix it?

donttread
03-06-2014, 05:14 PM

Walmart
McDonalds
Aurora
Menards
QPS Staffing

So if the poor are getting welfare and the rich are too who's paying the bill? Oh yeah, the middle class. Big suprise