PDA

View Full Version : Ever have those really bad 24 hours or a bad day?

texan
03-06-2014, 08:17 PM
I know everyone does, mine has been terrible. No one died so that's good but man someone has taken a couple poops on my head.

Anything to encourage me? Got some pick me up?

I am just ranting a little. I will pick up the pieces.....

Blackrook
03-06-2014, 08:28 PM
If the person who is causing your problem is your wife, then you've got a major problem.

If the person who is causing your problem is your boss, your business partner, a valuable employee, or a client you can't do business without, then you've got a major problem, but it's less serious than if it's your wife.

Otherwise, the problem is a minor problem, and you can deal with it.

Chloe
03-06-2014, 08:32 PM
I know everyone does, mine has been terrible. No one died so that's good but man someone has taken a couple poops on my head.

There's always something in everybody's life that makes them happy or relaxed. For me it's things like running, yoga, meditating, hiking, and so on. Think about what puts your mind in a better place and do that thing. Even if it's a temporary moment for your mind it will help you recover some I think.

Germanicus
03-06-2014, 08:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PzL8aL6jtI

((: Im just kidding.

Do you know any guys with missing feet? Those guys always make me feel better when I lose my shoes..

I worked in a preschool ages ago and a little girl that was about 3 years old went there. She had her arms and legs removed soon after she was born because of a medical problem. One day her mother dropped her off on a hot day and told us that she had left the girls legs in the car and they had melted and gone out of shape.

That little girl was awesome. She refused to use a different cup to the other children. She wanted the same cup as the other children and managed with her elbows. She was brave because she wasnt scared at all when I would push her around the bike track at break neck speeds. She always wanted to go faster.

When I feel very sorry for myself I think of that little girl. And her mother. They do not make me feel better but ashamed that I am complaining and feeling sorry for myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8opqqUsIF7o

I hope you feel better. There is no point worrying about things that you cannot control. Plenty of fish in the sea. Things happen for reasons.

Ravens Fan
03-06-2014, 08:49 PM

Blackrook
03-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Unfortunately, I find myself once again unemployed. I was employed with a law firm between October and February, but unfortunately I made a few mistakes and my boss was not the forgiving type. I wasn't surprised I got fired because I was warned it was a high turnover firm. In the week before I left, all but one of the San Diego attorneys quit simultaneously, so yeah, that's the kind of workplace it was. Not very concerned with employee continuity.

I went to Church and the reading was the about Jesus, telling his followers not to worry about the future, because God will provide for them. That is probably the hardest teaching in the Bible for me to believe in. It is literally easier for me to believe in the resurrection than it is to believe that God will provide for me, and I don't need to worry about the future.

Because I have spent my entire life worrying about the future. I used to worry so much, I could barely sleep at night. It was only when I started believing in God more that it became easier for me to sleep at night.

And, of course, people worry about the wrong things. They worry that they won't have enough saved up for their retirement. According to Jesus, what we should be thinking about is whether we have treasure stored in heaven. That's all that matters, because when we die we leave all our worldly goods behind to be enjoyed by other people.

Peter1469
03-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Texan. Hope you feel more like yourself tomorrow.

Common
03-06-2014, 09:15 PM
I have no idea how bad you day was or what the circumstances were. When I had a bad day, I worked the heavy bag, played handball, did the nautilus circuit or ran or swam until I was totally exhausted. Thats how I blew off the stress.
Drinking is the worst thing you can do... hang in, it will get better

darroll
03-06-2014, 09:22 PM
The laws of average says things will get better.

texan
03-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Lots of good stuff, the squirrel made me smile.

I appreciate you folks sharing. The truth is we will pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and endeavor to persevere. All that said, it still sucked.

Captain Obvious
03-07-2014, 11:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCslC3ykX-U

Cigar
03-07-2014, 11:44 AM

Not really ... but I'm known to hand out a few Bad Days to a deserving few :laugh:

Cigar
03-07-2014, 11:45 AM

Ouch ... just shoot him :laugh:

texan
03-07-2014, 05:01 PM
A brandy for the man with the cigar please.

sotmfs
03-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Do not let anyone make you feel anyway you do not deserve to feel.Try and put aside any anger and other negative feelings.
Do not go with the flow!Only dead fish go with the flow.
Roll with the punches!

BB-35
03-07-2014, 06:43 PM
Myself over the past 24 hours I've had a full blown,joints hurting,hacking cough,no appetite cold.....killing me would be a kindness,so I hear ya brother Texan.

darroll
03-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Hope you don't have the flu.
Maybe just a case of the ass.

BB-35
03-08-2014, 02:40 AM
Hope you don't have the flu.
Maybe just a case of the ass.

I can't have the ass,women have told me I don't have one....:grin:

Codename Section
03-08-2014, 08:01 AM

I get a lot of bad days mostly because my brain and body is hardwired for combat now. The USMC had me on near non-stop deployments and I can't function normally. I get moody and anxious and have insomnia like a bitch.

I had to start doing yoga believe it or not to calm myself down. I feel queer (in a non gay way) sitting there humming and stretching but it works.

Ransom
03-08-2014, 08:15 AM
Dallas ain't gonna be that bad this year, T.

Ransom
03-08-2014, 08:18 AM
A woman can help......they can cure all ills......but they can cause a few as well. Lady issues, T?