PDA

View Full Version : Santorum Expects Strong Showing in Mississippi and Alabama Primaries Tomorrow

Conley
03-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Rick Santorum hopes to parlay his weekend win in Kansas into a strong Tuesday in Mississippi and Alabama.

The idea is to blow up the Southern strategy of Newt Gingrich's campaign and muscle Gingrich out of the race.
And, voila — a face-off with Mitt Romney.

"We feel good we're in a position to win it outright. If we have to go to an open convention, we like our chances just as well,"

Santorum said at a rally in Tupelo, Mississippi, over the weekend.

Two things stand in the way of Santorum's plan: Mitt Romney and Gingrich, who seems to thrive on down but not out.

" I think we'll have a good day on Tuesday," Gingrich told CBS's "Face the Nation." "And I am committed to going all the way to Tampa," the site of the Republican convention.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/12/politics/crowley-gop-south/index.html

I expect Santorum will have a very strong showing in these two states. If Gingrich weren't in the race he'd have a much better shot at Romney, but it'll be interesting to see if Newt can pick up any delegates at all tomorrow. I'm not sure how many he got besides Georgia last Tuesday. I know he didn't win any other states besides GA but he can pick up stray delegates here and there.

Mainecoons
03-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Hari Kari by Primary.

:undecided:

MMC
03-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Personally I think Gingrich was sent in to derail Paul.....as they knew he already had his loyal supporters and some of the Tea-party Members. Dividing up the Tea Partiers seems was part of the game plan. As All now are touting having some association with them.

If Santorum was to win the Nominee. Obama wins by landslide.

Scotty
03-12-2012, 06:25 PM
I hope that anybody but Romeny wins it.......Brokered Convention....yeah!!!

Mister D
03-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Hari Kari by Primary.

:undecided:

Seppuku is an honorable end. This is just an embarrassment.