PDA

View Full Version : ObamaRecovery BS

Mainecoons
03-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Guess what folks, in an economic recovery, tax revenues go UP not DOWN unless there have been significant changes to the tax code, which there have not.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/us-rakes-largest-monthly-deficit-history-2012-tax-revenues-net-refunds-trail-2011

A few days ago we noted
that based (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/us-budget-deficit-hits-all-time-high-february)on preliminary data, the February budget deficit would hit $229
billion (yes, nearly one quarter of a trillion in one month,
about where real Greek GDP is these days) - the largest single monthly deficit
in history. Unfortunately, this number was low: the final February deficit was
just released and the actual
print is $231.7 billion (http://fms.treas.gov/mts/mts0212.pdf). It also means that in the first 5 months of the
fiscal year, the US has raked up $580 billion in deficits, oddly matched
by $727 billion in new debt issuance, 25% more new debt issued than needed to
fund deficits... And that in itself would not be horrible - February is
traditionally the worst month for deficits as the Treasury sees a surge in tax
refund issuance - if it wasn't for something even more troubling. As the second
chart below shows, through last Friday, and net of tax refunds, total US tax
revenues were actually lower in the fiscal 2012 year to date period than
compared to 2011, by just under $2 billion, at $625.5 billion. Which is the
weakest link for any argument that the US is actually growing: what is
growing is America's debt (now almost exponentially), while its
revenues are at best unchanged. And the scariest: annualizing net tax revenues
brings the number to $1.5 trillion. Which is just 50% more where total
US debt interest will be in 2014 when debt is $20 trillion, assuming interest
rates are somehow allowed to go back up... to the astronomical level of
5%.

So how can employment theoretically go up but no more taxes get collected? Simple although most don't know it because the MSM in their unending zeal to re-elect Obama deliberately leave out the data which shows all those people who have stopped looking for work and the falling pay and growing part-time nature of those wondrous jobs Obama claim he is creating.

Yup, the middle class is being forced to subsist on several part time jobs with low pay and no benefits as a replacement for the jobs that Obama and his out of control federal bureaucracy are killing before they are born. Like all of those fat paying jobs the pipeline would bring, like all of those fat jobs that come with U.S. based energy production.

Mister D
03-12-2012, 06:17 PM
His approval rating took another downturn. The talking heads were playing it up when it rose but it's reversed from 46% disapproval last month to 54%.

MMC
03-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Guess what folks, in an economic recovery, tax revenues go UP not DOWN unless there have been significant changes to the tax code, which there have not.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/us-rakes-largest-monthly-deficit-history-2012-tax-revenues-net-refunds-trail-2011

So how can employment theoretically go up but no more taxes get collected? Simple although most don't know it because the MSM in their unending zeal to re-elect Obama deliberately leave out the data which shows all those people who have stopped looking for work and the falling pay and growing part-time nature of those wondrous jobs Obama claim he is creating.

Yup, the middle class is being forced to subsist on several part time jobs with low pay and no benefits as a replacement for the jobs that Obama and his out of control federal bureaucracy are killing before they are born. Like all of those fat paying jobs the pipeline would bring, like all of those fat jobs that come with U.S. based energy production.

Moreover Sears at the beginning of December stated they were closing a 120 stores. Then Motorola was laying off. Barnes and Nobles is hanging by a thread. Not to mention several newspapers went out of buisness.

They relied on the seasonal timing of the holidays to start boosting those numbers. Right away on Black Friday they stated we broke all the records. Then Cyber Monday the same thing. Christmas eve. The whole Bit. Everyone was spending money. The Consumer feels more confident. They kept saying it from the End of Oct after they came up with another stop-gap measure. Then the economists began saying things werent as bad as they had predicted.

European Economists still say Greece is in recession. Over 5 years and running. None of those EU econs agree on anything except for what they say about the US.

wingrider
03-12-2012, 11:52 PM
time to stock up on food, blankets, and bullets..

MMC
03-13-2012, 06:00 AM
time to stock up on food, blankets, and bullets..

Don't forget candles, kerosene lamps, and torches. Make sure ya bring plenty of steel wool and some 9volt batteries. Well batteries of all types, and don't forget to get a couple of bows, including hand-crossbowsand few swords and some machetes.

wingrider
03-13-2012, 04:06 PM
funny you should mention bows, crossbows and swords

I collect swords, and have a 50 lb recurve, and a pistol syle cross bow.. that was just to wierd.. ummm.. have you been in my house??

Peter1469
03-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Unemployment numbers only went down because the number of total jobs tanked.

These numbers are fake and people are pointing it out.

MMC
03-13-2012, 07:41 PM
funny you should mention bows, crossbows and swords

I collect swords, and have a 50 lb recurve, and a pistol syle cross bow.. that was just to wierd.. ummm.. have you been in my house??

Check out some of the New battle machetes. :wink:

wingrider
03-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Check out some of the New battle machetes. :wink: post me a couple of pics man... sounds cool

I have one of these.. of course its a replica but its cool

http://www.swordworld.com.au/Uploads/Images/catalogue-m-celtic-battle-sword-1.jpg

wingrider
03-14-2012, 12:09 AM
also one of these anyway it is real close to thishttp://fc09.deviantart.net/images/i/2003/1/9/c/Dragon_Sword.jpg

MMC
03-14-2012, 04:44 AM
I have a couple of Dragon-head daggers. I also have a Watch and a Ring, Lamp, and plenty of lead and pewter Dragon figurines. The aformentioned as B-day gifts from the Franklin Mint. The latter from D&D days. Course those daggers are decorative.

Myself I have an assortment of weapons all the way from the days of my youth, and what I was into at the time. Nun-chucks. Several pairs. Chain, rope, tong, lead filled, rubber, and metal. Sai's Several pair. Machetes.....several. 2 katanas, 2 daito's, 2 sabres, several steel rods of different weights up to 35 lbs. 5 with handles or hilts. Several bokkens and a 6ft bo-staff and 4 tonfas. Small throwing knives.....like the ones you saw Bruce use. Never got into the throwing stars. Shuriken.

Oh and I have a walking stick that has a blade in it. More like the rapier.