PDA

View Full Version : GOP’s Strong Field Has No Frontrunner for 2016

Cigar
03-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Without an obvious frontrunner to represent Republicans against Hilary in 2016, one thing is guaranteed: It’s going to be an entertaining race.

Contrary to conventional media wisdom, this week’s CPAC proved Republicans are likely going to put a formidable team on the presidential field in 2016—and they’ll have at least one advantage going into the election: Their primaries are going to be much more interesting, dramatic and entertaining than the Democratic primaries. This means Republicans are going to soak up a whole lot of press coverage and attention while the media and voters largely tune-out what is likely to be a foregone conclusion on the Democratic side.

Now, I believe someone will rise up, albeit briefly, to challenge Hillary Clinton. There will likely be a scare. Someone will emerge as the alternative and provide some "giant killer" storyline for awhile. But what was thought to be "inevitable" in 2008, will be more so in 2012, and the Hillary machine should role up the nomination early.

But, on the Republican side, never have things been more undecided and uncertain. And, therefore, a whole lot more fun. The typical paradigm of handing the baton to the senior statesman who has paid his dues and waited patiently in line (Nixon, Reagan, H. W. Bush, Dole, McCain) is out the window.

There is no frontrunner on the Republican side, thanks in part to Bridgegate. Chris Christie may survive the scandal, but he's scarred and has become just another mere mortal candidate. Jeb Bush may decide to run, but he will get no immediate dynastic anointment and will have to navigate a much different kind of primary electorate than his brother or father.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/10/the-amazing-race-16-gop-s-strong-field-with-no-frontrunner.html

Looks to be another entertaining GOP Race :laugh:

Captain Obvious
03-10-2014, 09:36 AM
http://thepixelpirate.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/turtles.jpg

Mr. Right
03-10-2014, 10:06 AM
It's going to get interesting. I'm hoping that whomever is nominated will be the choice of the people and not the result of the faux cheerleaders from the leftist media. Many who would vote for Hillary would do so without any real reason. The fact that she and Bill left a trail of bodies in their wake, that cattle speculating windfall, the White Water thingy, and all the coverups won't be brought out. It won't even be revealed that Hillary was fired from a law firm for.... drum roll... Breaking the law. Whomever challengers her will have to bring out all of her dirty laundry and hang it on the line. When we have airheads like the RN that came to dinner here last night who said, "I was so let down when BHO won the nomination. I've been wanting to vote for Hillary for President since she was FL." I asked her "Why?" and her answer was so devoid of substance, "I like her." That reminds me of another comment I heard when saying he would vote for BHO, "I like Joe Biden" LOL!