PDA

View Full Version : Reparations (or "white guilt")

Captain Obvious
03-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Agree or disagree with?

Do white people of today have a responsibility toward and/or owe a debt to today's black community for slavery?

Discuss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reparations_for_slavery

Peter1469
03-10-2014, 10:32 AM
No.

My family didn't even get to the US until the 1890s.

Mister D
03-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Had some family in NY in the 1850s but I don't think they owned any 'Negroes'. Then again, I don't care if my grandfather owned a bunch. It has nothing to do with me.

Cthulhu
03-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Agree or disagree with?

Do white people of today have a responsibility toward and/or owe a debt to today's black community for slavery?

Discuss

Guilt over something I had nothing to do with ?

Not bloody likely.

But if black people ever did get reparations, they should include the Irish as well.

On the other hand. Go for it. Give them reparations. Make it a one time sum so we can call it even. Then if they complain we can just say "Tough cookies - you got paid for it. Deal."

Mister D
03-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Guilt over something I had nothing to do with ?

Not bloody likely.

But if black people ever did get reparations, they should include the Irish as well.

On the other hand. Go for it. Give them reparations. Make it a one time sum so we can call it even. Then if they complain we can just say "Tough cookies - you got paid for it. Deal."

That's just it. Where does it end?

Cthulhu
03-10-2014, 10:43 AM

It wouldn't, which is why it should be considered. If it were ever done the Hawaiians - probably the only people who actually have a good reason at this point might I add, the Indians(who already have cash bennies with treaties but whatever...), the Jews(a reason will be found or invented), and any other person the government has ever trespassed against will come out of the woodworks claiming victimhood.

The radical homosexuals would pile on that too. Maybe even a couple really stupid mormons might <<< But you know the mormons are gonna get the shaft.

Polecat
03-10-2014, 11:07 AM
We can't pay back dead people. Their progeny have ample opportunity to do much better here than they ever could have in Africa so they already have come out ahead. The greedy ones may think they deserve more and I would offer a one way ticket back to Africa for them.

Chris
03-10-2014, 11:10 AM
No, none--black, white, or green (don't want to discriminate Green Arrow!)--from back then are alive now.

MrJimmyDale
03-10-2014, 11:12 AM
We could just give them Chicago........... Wait.....never mind

Cigar
03-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Agree or disagree with?

Discuss

Nope ... you don't own me shit ... but get in my way today and I'll show you what it like.

Chris
03-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Nope ... you don't own me shit ... but get in my way today and I'll show you what it like.

Uh-oh!

http://i.snag.gy/2gYfr.jpg

Polecat
03-10-2014, 11:25 AM
We do owe you the benefit of the doubt and common courtesy just for being a fellow human.

MrJimmyDale
03-10-2014, 11:26 AM
benefit of the doubt
I think he's used that all up..........:)

The Xl
03-10-2014, 12:34 PM
I don't owe anybody shit. My family was made up of poor Europeans that came over in the mid 1900s , they didn't own anyone anywhere. Neither me or my bloodline had anything to do with it.

Captain Obvious
03-10-2014, 12:35 PM
So nobody here is for the concept of paying someone who suffered no wrong for something you weren't responsible for?

Shocking...

:grin:

The Xl
03-10-2014, 12:36 PM
So nobody here is for the concept of paying someone who suffered no wrong for something you weren't responsible for?

Shocking...

Except Cigar, anyway.

Cigar
03-10-2014, 12:37 PM

Shocking...

Exactly ... it's just as silly as if one person abuses the system, that means everyone must pay the price. :rollseyes:

Captain Obvious
03-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Exactly ... it's just as silly as if one person abuses the system, that means everyone must pay the price. :rollseyes:

Like the entitlement system?

Cigar
03-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Like the entitlement system?

This is such a thing as Social Security Fraud ... and people go to Jail if caught.

So who's saying end Social Security

Captain Obvious
03-10-2014, 12:42 PM
This is such a thing as Social Security Fraud ... and people go to Jail if caught.

So who's saying end Social Security

Democrats are by raiding the SS coffers and creating a massive underfunded status.

"End it" is the wrong term - "kill it" is more accurate.

Chris
03-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Except Cigar, anyway.

Naw, he said you don't owe him shit and he'd beat crap out of you to prove it or words to that effect.

Cigar
03-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Democrats are by raiding the SS coffers and creating a massive underfunded status.

"End it" is the wrong term - "kill it" is more accurate.

... and I say The GOP should Run on it. :grin:

Cigar
03-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Naw, he said you don't owe him shit and he'd beat crap out of you to prove it or words to that effect.

I'll speak for myself ... you just worry about yourself :wink:

The Xl
03-10-2014, 12:46 PM

The only thing Cigar can beat is his meat.

Captain Obvious
03-10-2014, 12:46 PM
... and I say The GOP should Run on it. :grin:

They can't.

All voters are concerned about is "how much can you give me today".

Cigar
03-10-2014, 12:47 PM
They can't.

All voters are concerned about is "how much can you give me today".

Naaa ... I Bill net 30 :laugh:

Green Arrow
03-10-2014, 01:54 PM
No.

The Xl
03-10-2014, 02:31 PM
No.

Simple yet concise.

The Sage of Main Street
03-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Agree or disagree with?

Discuss

Limousine Liberal Hate Whitey snobs don't feel guilty; they are power freaks who want to make the rest of us feel guilty and punish us if we don't submit to their feralphile laws.

1751_Texan
03-15-2014, 10:56 AM

It can't "end" if it never starts[with the exception of Japanese Americans]...No one is serious about reparations. No one sane that is.

The Wash
03-15-2014, 11:00 AM
No. I also don't feel like I should pay down on debt that I don't agree to.