PDA

View Full Version : Entire Arena Football Team Fired at Dinner.....

MMC
03-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Pittsburgh's players are enjoying a meal at an Olive Garden in Florida when they get stunning news.
The owner of the Pittsburgh Power fired all 24 members of his team during a pregame meal at an Orlando-area Olive Garden.

With AFL players set to strike before the 2012 season opener, owner Matt Shaner reacted first, cutting his entire team hours before kickoff of a game against the Orlando Predators.
The AFL Player's Association was calling for an increase in the $400 game checks paid to most players on each team. The union demanded a 300 percent increase in the minimum salary. AFL owners countered with a $100 raise.

The game was still played, with unfilled roster spots being taken by replacement players, some of whom arrived to the arena minutes before kickoff. One backup quarterback switched teams before the game after getting "drafted" during a pregame selection. As a result, the season opener had the feeling of a pick-up game down by the local high school field.

The NFL Network broadcast the game live. Announcers reportedly couldn't identify (http://deadspin.com/5892173/last-nights-arena-football-season+opener-was-a-farce) a number of players.....snip~

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/entire-arena-football-team-cut-during-pregame-meal-190741599.html

:shocked: The players all got up and walked out during the dinner. Switching teams before the game :huh:

Conley
03-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Does this mean there's a chance for us to become pro football players? I'd do it for a free meal at the Olive Garden. :grin:

MMC
03-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Does this mean there's a chance for us to become pro football players? I'd do it for a free meal at the Olive Garden. :grin:

:laugh: 400 dollars for a week and show up at game time.....count me in brutha. :wink:

Conley
03-12-2012, 11:23 PM
:laugh: 400 dollars for a week and show up at game time.....count me in brutha. :wink:

Haha, you're Ditka! Remember your football post where you gave us each an assignment? Your plan worked! :grin:

MMC
03-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Makes one wonder why we can't become an owner of a team like this. I would get some Cheerleaders too. :boobs: :hello2:

Mister D
03-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Even though I feel bad for them this is kind of funny. :laugh: When you're here you're family...:undecided:

MMC
03-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Even though I feel bad for them this is kind of funny. :laugh: When you're here you're family...:undecided:

Yeah they do that in the NFL to. Just sayin. All talk that crap. We are family. Then one gets traded or cut and has to move to another city or back home. Then you hear them on TV talking about they loved playing for the Team they were on. It's city and people. Kids growing up with like veteran players with 10 yrs on up. Wives all together. At the end of it all, you hear them all say. Well, it's the nature of the Buisness! :rollseyes:

Conley
03-13-2012, 09:04 AM
I think eating at Olive Garden is more dangerous than running a crossing pattern over the middle. Just sayin'.

MMC
03-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Not to mention the Cheerleaders look better than waitresses. :laugh: