PDA

View Full Version : Little known secret about myself

texan
03-12-2014, 11:25 AM
I would never vote for McCain so I voted for Obama the first time around. I am a right leaning independent.

BTW my political leanings originally were defined by gas lines and our embassy being overran by the Iranians when I was a young person. I watched Carter look like the weakest person in the world, his non / half hearted actions made me want to throw up.

I remember the headlines back when things were covered by real journalists. "Carter shuts off wheat to Russia!" "that's ok Russia doesn't eat wheat they eat countries." He was a terrible leader, pacifists cannot be made president.

Trust me Obama is no Carter.

Also, I sprinted out to revote Reagan into a second term. NO WAY would I let a Carter EX-VP get into that office.

Captain Obvious
03-12-2014, 11:27 AM
I would never vote for McCain so I voted for Obama the first time around. I am a right leaning independent.

BTW my political leanings originally were defined by gas lines and our embassy being overran by the Iranians when I was a young person. I watched Carter look like the weakest person in the world, his non / half hearted actions made me want to throw up.

I remember the headlines back when things were covered by real journalists. "Carter shuts off wheat to Russia!" "that's ok Russia doesn't eat wheat they eat countries." He was a terrible leader, pacifists cannot be made president.

After realizing the unmistakable pending catastrophe that was GW's second term (yes - I predicted it in full with complete accuracy), I voted for Kerry.

First and only time (so far) I voted democrat.

I would have voted for Obama or other Dem if Rick Santorum ever got that shot but I doubt he ever will. Social conservatism is dead.

Now I just vote independent.

Cigar
03-12-2014, 11:46 AM
The Moral of The Story: The President ain't Running everything :laugh:

texan
03-12-2014, 11:50 AM
No they are not you are correct, but unfortunately for them they claim to be running everything. Would you agree there are certain big ticket items they should have a closer hand on approach? Like signature ground breaking legislation.

texan
03-12-2014, 11:52 AM
BTW I can't ever get that Bomb Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran out of my head. To the Beach Boys tune.

Cigar
03-12-2014, 11:56 AM
BTW I can't ever get that Bomb Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran out of my head. To the Beach Boys tune.

The Proudest moment I had of McCain

... it showed true class and character to say the right thing, no matter what he really thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MRq6Y4NmB6U

The Xl
03-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Most Dems and Reps are the same shit, but McCain was different. That dude is batshit insane with no control of his mental faculties and thirst for war and intervention, so I can't blame anyone, even a Republican for voting for Obama over him, even though I did not. He would have been worse.

texan
03-12-2014, 01:32 PM
I don't like our response to Russia so far, its weak. But can you imagine the over the top on steroid response from McCain as President?

Peter1469
03-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Move a mixture of forces into Poland (armor aviation, artillery, and infantry :wink:), . Putin will back down. He will keep Crimea and leave the rest of Ukraine to its own devices.

The Xl
03-12-2014, 02:14 PM
I don't like our response to Russia so far, its weak. But can you imagine the over the top on steroid response from McCain as President?

It'd be WW3.

McCain would have been the worst and most dangerous President in the history of the country.

The Sage of Main Street
03-12-2014, 02:24 PM

BTW my political leanings originally were defined by gas lines and our embassy being overrun by the Iranians when I was a young person. I watched Carter look like the weakest person in the world, his non / half-hearted actions made me want to throw up.

I remember the headlines back when things were covered by real journalists. "Carter shuts off wheat to Russia!" "That's ok Russia doesn't eat wheat, they eat countries." He was a terrible leader.

Also, I sprinted out to revote Reagan into a second term. NO WAY would I let a Carter EX-VP get into that office.

Why hurt our farmers in order to hurt the Soviets? Why ruin the careers of Olympic athletes? Consistency is simple-minded. It's best to play it both ways. Have Charlie Wilson's War behind the scenes while at the same time keeping trade and other relations unaffected.

The Sage of Main Street
03-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Move a mixture of forces into Poland (armor aviation, artillery, and infantry :wink:), . Putin will back down. He will keep Crimea and leave the rest of Ukraine to its own devices.

Let Poland move its own forces into Ukraine. It is none of our business, especially the Crimean annexation; that naturally belongs to Russia. As for big countries picking on small countries, it's their own fault they want to be small but won't Spartanize to make them a lot stronger than their size.

Green Arrow
03-12-2014, 02:45 PM
I was raised working with my parents in the 2004 Bush re-election campaign. Then as a young adult, I worked on my own for McCain's 2008 campaign. In 2009, I realized the error of my ways.

Peter1469
03-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Let Poland move its own forces into Ukraine. It is none of our business, especially the Crimean annexation; that naturally belongs to Russia. As for big countries picking on small countries, it's their own fault they want to be small but won't Spartanize to make them a lot stronger than their size.

I didn't say move anything into the Ukraine. Poland.