PDA

View Full Version : Why Liberals Can’t Govern

Chris
03-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Neither can by this article, and I agree...

Why Liberals Can’t Govern (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/373152/why-liberals-cant-govern-jim-geraghty)

Back in late February, a new contract document revealed that the Department of Health and Human Services would be paying $60 million for the computer cloud that supports back-end data sharing for HealthCare.gov and state Obamacare marketplaces, more than five times the amount in the original contract. This week HHS revealed that the contract has been further revised — to roughly $120 million, now more than ten times the original $11 million value of the contract when Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services first awarded it in 2011.

In most professions, when you end up spending ten times what you budgeted, the consequences are swift and severe. Heads roll. Responsibilities are reassigned. Budgetary authority gets yanked. This, of course, is not how things work in the federal government.

When George W. Bush was in the Oval Office, liberals often argued that conservative wariness and distrust of government made them poor managers of it. Because they didn’t believe in the power and benefits of an active, powerful federal bureaucracy, they tolerated and came to expect waste and mismanagement.

Alan Wolfe articulated this idea in....“Why Conservatives Can’t Govern.”

That argument is strongly disputed, but the Obama administration has proven the flip side of the coin: Liberals’ belief in the inherent goodness of a far-reaching federal government drives them to avert their eyes from its wildest abuses, even when they are occurring right in front of them. Waste and mismanagement are ignored, dismissed, downplayed, and excused, because confronting them too directly would undermine the central tenet of their worldview: that the federal government is an irreplaceable tool for making the world a better place.

The Obamacare debacle....

Bob
03-12-2014, 06:27 PM
The word liberal is very much a fiction.

Were they liberal, they would lay off the rich and stop stealing from them.

They desire one thing.

Control over our lives.

They figure with health care, they now own that part of our lives.

Next they get the guns.

Try going outside in CA with a gun in your hand.

The cops call that arresting us.

darroll
03-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Remember that drug dealers have guns and cheap cigarettes.

donttread
03-12-2014, 07:45 PM
I think that if one thing has become clear over the past 15 years it's that NOBODY in Washington can govern

kilgram
03-13-2014, 02:20 AM
Neither can by this article, and I agree...

Why Liberals Can’t Govern (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/373152/why-liberals-cant-govern-jim-geraghty)
I am going to say a thing. As a foreigner I am unable to see any difference between the last governments of USA starting with Nixon in the 70s until nowadays. All them are the same. Corpocracy sustainers.

donttread
03-13-2014, 06:46 AM
I am going to say a thing. As a foreigner I am unable to see any difference between the last governments of USA starting with Nixon in the 70s until nowadays. All them are the same. Corpocracy sustainers.

SHHHH. Don't tell the sheep!

Captain Obvious
03-13-2014, 07:17 AM

You have more insight than the majority of fucking mindless lemmings that make up our collective voting base.

At least on our side of the pond, you don't seem to know shit about what's going in in your own back yard. Or maybe you're not capable of being impartial.

Chris
03-13-2014, 08:04 AM
I think that if one thing has become clear over the past 15 years it's that NOBODY in Washington can govern

Exactly the point of the OP. One talks small government but settles for big and the other talks big government but can't manage it.

Chris
03-13-2014, 08:05 AM

Agree. Corporatism, the collusion between government and corporations (and unions) has been on the rise for decades.