PDA

View Full Version : They Got Nuttin

Cigar
03-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Oliver Griswold @originalgriz

Don’t *defend* Obamacare.

Weaponize it.

Demand to know what Republican candidates would do in place of ACA protections.

They got nuttin.'

12:00 PM - 12 Mar 2014

Found on the Obama Diary

Captain Obvious
03-13-2014, 01:01 PM
http://iamlions.com/wp-content/uploads/mvbthumbs/img_685_elephants-humping.jpg

darroll
03-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Yup,
When you sigh up for Obama Care you get a free AR15.

Peter1469
03-13-2014, 01:19 PM
I suggest that they STFU about Obamacare until after the November elections. Then they will have more than enough votes to do whatever they want. :smiley:

Weaponize it.

They got nuttin.'

Found on the Obama Diary

KC
03-13-2014, 01:21 PM
I suggest that they STFU about Obamacare until after the November elections. Then they will have more than enough votes to do whatever they want. :smiley:

Sound strategy.

Cigar
03-13-2014, 01:39 PM

That's the point of the thread ... WHAT DO REPUBLICANS WANT TO DO for the Uninsured?

Exactly what?

Cigar
03-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Sound strategy.

If the strategy is to go backwards to what Republicans were doing for the Uninsured in 2008 ... that's not a strategy, that's doing nothing.

Peter1469
03-13-2014, 01:41 PM
That's the point of the thread ... WHAT DO REPUBLICANS WANT TO DO for the Uninsured?

Exactly what?

Let the elections happen. November 2014. :wink:

Peter1469
03-13-2014, 01:42 PM
If the strategy is to go backwards to what Republicans were doing for the Uninsured in 2008 ... that's not a strategy, that's doing nothing.

Anything they try gets tabled.

So why try? At least for now.

They will likely have the votes to do anything after November 2014. :wink:

Cigar
03-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Anything they try gets tabled.

So why try? At least for now.

They will likely have the votes to do anything after November 2014. :wink:

So ... no one on this Forum can answer that basic political question?

Peter1469
03-13-2014, 01:50 PM

Oh sure. After the elections in November. :smiley:

What did Pelosi say about the ACA before it was made law?

nic34
03-13-2014, 01:57 PM

It's easier to throw bombs from the sidelines.... problem is, just as the dems found out, when they get elected they'll have to defend THEIR ideas.

If they have any.

Cigar
03-13-2014, 01:59 PM
It's easier to throw bombs from the sidelines.... problem is, just as the dems found out, when they get elected they'll have to defend THEIR ideas.

If they have any.

Notice how no on on this Forum can articulate a better idea than The ACA?

Captain Obvious
03-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Notice how no on on this Forum can articulate a better idea and The ACA?

Yeah, no - sorry, wrong.

Been articulated dozens of times, the fact that you disregard and ignore it is on you - not the rest of us.

But hey - thanks for keeping your lack of credibility in pieces.

Cigar
03-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Yeah, no - sorry, wrong.

Been articulated dozens of times, the fact that you disregard and ignore it is on you - not the rest of us.

But hey - thanks for keeping your lack of credibility in pieces.

Got .. it .. Nuttin as usual :laugh:

Bla Bla Bla ... Bla Bla Bla

hanger4
03-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Oliver Griswold @originalgriz Don’t *defend* Obamacare. Weaponize it. Demand to know what Republican candidates would do in place of ACA protections. They got nuttin.' 12:00 PM - 12 Mar 2014 Found on the Obama DiaryHow'd that work out for Alex Sink ??

zelmo1234
03-13-2014, 05:27 PM

Exactly what?

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/GOPHealthPlan_061709.pdf

But nothing is one hell of a lot better than the ACA

zelmo1234
03-13-2014, 05:29 PM

Sorry I was working, did not take long once I looked for it!

Democrats have lie, more lie, and false statistics?

hanger4
03-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Got .. it .. Nuttin as usual :laugh:Bla Bla Bla ... Bla Bla BlaCigar, you've had links such as the one supplied by Zelmo numerious times. Just because you refuse to open your eyes doesn't mean the plans arn't there. What's that word you like to use a lot ?? OH yaeh, deny, deny, deny.

Chris
03-13-2014, 05:40 PM
What are you talking about, cigar, many ideas have been put forth. Even before Obamacare there was the Heritage Foundation proposal.

darroll
03-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Privatize Obama Care..
If you like your Obama Care, combine it with Amtrak.

nic34
03-13-2014, 09:54 PM

What most likely will happen is that a public option will be added on during a repub administration and they'll take all the credit, when they did everything to stop it In 2010.

Cigar
03-14-2014, 06:45 AM
Privatize Obama Care..
If you like your Obama Care, combine it with Amtrak.

Still Stings :laugh:

Professor Peabody
03-14-2014, 12:30 PM

Weaponize it.

They got nuttin.'

Found on the Obama Diary

Florida loss exposes Democrats' disarray on Obamacare

By JAKE SHERMAN and BURGESS EVERETT | 3/12/14 9:00 PM EDT Updated: 3/13/14 9:17 AM EDT

Democrats can’t even agree whether Obamacare was the reason for their crushing loss in a Florida special election Tuesday.

Republican lobbyist David Jolly’s victory over Democrat Alex Sink has many Democrats privately worried and publicly split about how to talk about Obamacare.

A few Democrats are advocating a drastic rhetorical shift to the left, by criticizing their own party for not going far enough when it passed the law in 2010.

Other Democrats plan to sharply criticize the Affordable Care Act when running for re-election.

Many plan to stick to the simple message that Obamacare is flawed and needs to be fixed —a tactic that plainly didn’t work for Sink.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/obamacare-affordable-care-act-david-jolly-alex-sink-florida-elections-2014-104603.html?hp=f1

I think it's comical how "Sen. Mary L. Landrieu, D-La., said Wednesday that she believes flood insurance legislation was the deciding factor in Tuesday’s special election in Florida, not health care." (http://atr.rollcall.com/landrieu-flood-insurance-decided-fl-13/) I think it's comical as nearly all of Jolly's campaign focused on Obama Care. With all due respect I believe Sen. Landrieu is kidding herself about the flood insurance's effect on Sink's race with Jolly. The Democrat still lost even though Sink outspent Jolly by more than 3 to 1 on television advertising (http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/11/republican-david-jolly-beats-alex-sink-fl-special-election).

Please Cigar get your Democrats to run on Obama Care. 2014 is going to be a great political cycle.

The Wash
03-14-2014, 12:34 PM

Exactly what?

Depends on why they're uninsured. I would have just offered tax incentives to companies who would take those with preexisting conditions, expanded medicaid/medicare and been done with it.

I aint trying to help some fool who refuses to get a job. I'll help you if you have real problems.

Professor Peabody
03-14-2014, 01:21 PM

Exactly what?

Apparently the Democrats haven't done so much..........According to this report: More than 45 million people in the U.S. had no health insurance in 2012, and the number of people who'd spent at least part of the previous year uninsured approached 58 million. (http://www.scpr.org/blogs/southla/2013/06/19/14042/cdc-nearly-15-percent-were-uninsured-in-2012-south/) Enter Obama Care....More Than 4.2 Million People Have Now Enrolled In Obamacare (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/11/obamacare-enrollment_n_4943482.html). That's not a real bunch considering there were 45 million uninsured. Then we see this...A troubling survey from a health care consultancy found last week that just 27 per cent of enrollees were previously uninsured (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2578645/White-House-STILL-wont-say-Obamacare-enrollees-paid-plans-announces-4-2-million-total-February-just-60-cent-original-goal.html). Add to that the fact that just 79 per cent of signups in those states have come with checks attached. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2578645/White-House-STILL-wont-say-Obamacare-enrollees-paid-plans-announces-4-2-million-total-February-just-60-cent-original-goal.html) No matter how you add it up, if the objective was to get the uninsured insured, Obama Care has failed miserably and needs to be repealed and start over like the people wanted all along.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Poll: Start over on health reform

A Zogby International poll released Tuesday shows that 57 percent of Americans do not like either of the competing health care bills produced by the Senate and House and say Congress should start over, as a group of bipartisan lawmakers head to a health care.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/feb/17/poll-start-over-on-health-reform/

Cigar
03-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Ain't that just great that more people are covered now ... thanks :laugh:

texan
03-14-2014, 05:10 PM
I am still waiting on the numerous examples of Obamacare success stories that Cigar is familiar with, so I will stay on this point for now.