PDA

View Full Version : More Gloom & Doom - Number of millionaires in U.S. Reaches a New High

Cigar
03-13-2014, 02:12 PM
http://www.trbimg.com/img-5321fba6/turbine/la-fi-mo-number-of-millionaires-in-us-reaches--001/600
There are more millionaires in the United States than ever before. The number of households with net worth of $1 million or more, excluding their homes, is at a record 9.63 million, according to a new report.

That eclipses the old mark of 9.2 million in 2007 before the global financial crisis, according to the Spectrem Group research firm. The tally of millionaires slipped to 6.7 million in 2008 as the financial crisis struck.

The study reinforces other data showing that the wealthy are doing well compared to many other segments of society.

... The number of households with $25 million or more also is at a new high of 132,000, surpassing 125,000 in 2007, according to Spectrem.

Read more: http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-number-of-millionaires-in-us-reaches-a-new-high-20140313,0,6800023.story

:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

hanger4
03-13-2014, 04:32 PM
Seems Obama is doing a fine job wideing that income gap that the left rants and rails about. What's funny is Cigar's to blind to see. :)

Mainecoons
03-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Yup, Obama and the Democrats are definitely the party of the rich these days.

Nice work!

texan
03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
Yep Obama helping the rich people and crapping on the middle class. But But But

darroll
03-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Do the opposite of what the government does and you can make money.

Cigar
03-14-2014, 07:02 AM
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Today you give a shit about the Middle Class :laugh:

But not Health Care
But not Jobs
But not Unemployment
But not Student Loans
But not Consumer Protection
But not Gun Safety
But not Woman's Rights
But not Civil Rights
But not Wages
... I can go on, but why bother. :grin:

hanger4
03-14-2014, 07:58 AM
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Today you give a shit about the Middle Class :laugh:But not Health CareBut not JobsBut not Unemployment But not Student LoansBut not Consumer ProtectionBut not Gun SafetyBut not Woman's RightsBut not Civil RightsBut not Wages... I can go on, but why bother. :grin:Really ''why bother'' ?? Your wittle rant was all hyperbole anyway. You continue to post that Pubs have no ideas yet link after link is posted which you refuse to read, then latter deny deny deny and rant again, Pubs have no ideas so why bother ??

texan
03-15-2014, 10:20 PM
I just want to thank Obama for making the rich people more rich and hurting everyone else in the process.

Thank you Obama.

Oh and btw the genius, I support a hike in the minimum wage. Not necessarily what Obama is doing and how he goes about it, but I am on record. Pay attention you commented in the thread I am referencing.

That said stop telling me how he is a champion for the middle class, he has done nothing for the middle class. You want to blame it all on Bush after 5 years? You go ahead, but remember Bush has nothing to do with the rise in everyone's HC costs and he didn't let his own tax breaks go away. Those two alone cost one of my lower income friends a lot of money. They might make $75K between them. No HC subsidies because they are rich, right Obama?

His HC went from $550 per month to $1200. (covering his wife, himself and 4 kids).

His taxes went up another $150 per month.

Those two things alone are now totaling $800 more.

Gas double.
Groceries probably up 50%
Taxes up.

Thank you Obama.

This doesn't even mention the harm he has done energy wise. He has intentionally driven costs up on fuels so people feel the pain. His strategy is to force his left wrong energy agenda, get us off oil. Hell he basically said this when he ran the first time. He stated something to the effect it will do us good to feel the pinch then maybe we will be motivated to get off oil. His policies are hurting this country and all you have to do is look.

Bob
03-15-2014, 10:25 PM
http://www.trbimg.com/img-5321fba6/turbine/la-fi-mo-number-of-millionaires-in-us-reaches--001/600
There are more millionaires in the United States than ever before. The number of households with net worth of $1 million or more, excluding their homes, is at a record 9.63 million, according to a new report.

That eclipses the old mark of 9.2 million in 2007 before the global financial crisis, according to the Spectrem Group research firm. The tally of millionaires slipped to 6.7 million in 2008 as the financial crisis struck.

The study reinforces other data showing that the wealthy are doing well compared to many other segments of society.

... The number of households with $25 million or more also is at a new high of 132,000, surpassing 125,000 in 2007, according to Spectrem.

Read more: http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-number-of-millionaires-in-us-reaches-a-new-high-20140313,0,6800023.story

:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

So, are you claiming Obama is great for the rich?

Seems to be the consensus in the above posts.

Green Arrow
03-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Right, Cigar, there are more millionaires now than ever before. You know why? Because the income gap is growing, not shrinking. The people at the top are getting richer, while the people at the bottom get poorer.

Chris
03-16-2014, 10:49 AM
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Today you give a shit about the Middle Class :laugh:

But not Health Care
But not Jobs
But not Unemployment
But not Student Loans
But not Consumer Protection
But not Gun Safety
But not Woman's Rights
But not Civil Rights
But not Wages
... I can go on, but why bother. :grin:

We all argue about those very things everyday. Gotcha: FAIL.

Cigar
03-16-2014, 10:51 AM
We all argue about those very things everyday. Gotcha: FAIL.

Looks to me like all the things I listed The GOP has tried stop ... GOP FAIL :grin:

Chris
03-16-2014, 11:56 AM
Looks to me like all the things I listed The GOP has tried stop ... GOP FAIL :grin:

That shows concern about the ways progressives seek to solve those things.

lynn
03-16-2014, 12:30 PM
The housing bubble created over 20 million new millionaires alone in 2007.

darroll
03-16-2014, 01:36 PM
The housing bubble created over 20 million new millionaires alone in 2007.

Bush advised the public to sell real estate and they did.

The brains were selling homes to people with out any income and no job. This kind of stuff gets votes (Affordable Housing at the taxpayers expense).

Green Arrow
03-16-2014, 03:55 PM

They aren't trying to stop it, they just want to do it differently.

texan
03-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Sorry Green but this is what I was talking about over the weekend.

Silence.

Green Arrow
03-17-2014, 09:12 PM
Sorry Green but this is what I was talking about over the weekend.

Silence.

I don't know what you're referring to.