PDA

View Full Version : Common Core's Big Supporter? It's Big Business

Green Arrow
03-16-2014, 05:40 AM
via Politico (http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/big-business-takes-on-tea-party-over-common-core-104662.html):

Tea party activists have been waging war for months against the Common Core academic standards. Now, in a coordinated show of muscle, Big Business is fighting back -- and notching wins.

The urgent effort stems from a sense among supporters that this is a make-or-break moment for the Common Core, which is under siege all over the country.

A coalition including the Business Roundtable and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce will launch a national advertising blitz Sunday targeted at Republicans skeptical about the standards. Spots promoting the Common Core will air on Fox News and other conservative outlets.

Interesting. Democrats are supposed to be against big business and for the little guy...yet once again, we see Democrats advocating policy that is advocated by their big business bundlers.

I will say, though, that I'm surprised to see the Tea Party opposing it. I'd expect them to be on the fence. On the one hand, big business loves it, so they want to love it. On the other hand, Democrats also love it, so they don't want to love it.

zelmo1234
03-16-2014, 06:14 AM
via Politico (http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/big-business-takes-on-tea-party-over-common-core-104662.html):

Interesting. Democrats are supposed to be against big business and for the little guy...yet once again, we see Democrats advocating policy that is advocated by their big business bundlers.

I will say, though, that I'm surprised to see the Tea Party opposing it. I'd expect them to be on the fence. On the one hand, big business loves it, so they want to love it. On the other hand, Democrats also love it, so they don't want to love it.

It is the worst thing that has come down the educational pipeline in years. the business surrounding educations loves it because it makes things standard and thus cheaper to provide materials for an that increases profits.

Democrats love it because it is poor educations built around liberal indoctrination! Thus producing the stupid people that are educated to believe that only the government can provide for them.

If you have a child that is in a common core school, you have to find a way to get them into private education, if that means three jobs so be it!