PDA

View Full Version : Santorum Sweeps Alabama and Mississippi

Conley
03-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Rick Santorum will win Tuesday night's Alabama GOP presidential primary, CNN projects -- an upset given expectations driven by polling earlier in the week.

Santorum also was leading in Tuesday's Mississippi primary, where with 79% of the vote counted, he had 35%. Newt Gingrich was at 30%, Mitt Romney at 28% and Ron Paul at 5%.

In Alabama, with 47% of the vote counted in Alabama, Rick Santorum led with 35%, followed by Newt Gingrich at 30%, Mitt Romney at 28% and Ron Paul at 5%.

Santorum, a former senator from Pennsylvania, is coming off a big win in Kansas on Saturday and will be giving himself a bigger boost in the battle to be the conservative alternative to Romney by beating Gingrich in Alabama, in Gingrich's home turf in the South. The win will be somewhat of a surprise, because polls released Monday showed Santorum running 8 to 10 points behind Romney and Gingrich in Alabama and Mississippi.

Romney, the front-runner in the GOP contests nationwide so far, was hoping for a victory in a region dominated by social conservatives, who have been hesitant to support his candidacy.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/13/politics/primaries/index.html

More bad news for Romney. What does it say when a guy from PA can come in and roll through the South? If this knocks Gingrich out Santorum will become even stronger.

RollingWave
03-13-2012, 11:09 PM
More bad news for Romney. What does it say when a guy from PA can come in and roll through the South? If this knocks Gingrich out Santorum will become even stronger.
That a dude who's divorced twice and a guy who's a mormon and a blue blooded New Englander will have will have a hard time getting conservative votes??

spunkloaf
03-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Santorum's a loon, I'm sorry. We don't need social conservatism. We need social liberalism, and FISCAL conservatism.

roadmaster
03-14-2012, 12:58 AM
As a con I will take him over Obama any-day.

wingrider
03-14-2012, 02:00 AM
right now I would take anybody over Obama.. hell my dog catcher is a good person ..
all I can say to Romney though is if this keeps up, Good luck on your future endeavors

MMC
03-14-2012, 05:01 AM
I don't know why any were thinking that Gingrich was going to take the South. All that hoopla about him coming from Georgia didnt mean squat. Romney everytime proves that he cannot pull the south. Despite C-Pac and straw polls. Santorums message is sticking that Romeny is not really a conservative is working. Plus he is a flip-flopper, and many do not believe he has seen the light in his final days.

So Romney only pulled Florida and Georgia. Gingrich took S. Carolina. Santroums has these two and Kansas. So the surge by the media will favor him but I still think Gingrich will pres on.

Mainecoons
03-14-2012, 07:10 AM
The party should correctly interpret these primary results as "none of the above" and find someone who can for sure take down the Obamanation.

spunkloaf
03-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Whatever happened to Ron Paul? The only candidate the left likes has the opportunity of winning the left over to defeat Obama, and now conservatives are swinging the opposite way and promoting a man who divides the nation even more.

Santorum is a spiteful, angry man. I don't care what his political party is. He has the balls to tell his protesters to go get jobs, while his supporters are standing there doing the same amount of nothing. That's a direct attack on the character of a group of people, and he only said it to get a rise out of his own crowd. By doing so he promoted the notion that people who protest him are lazy, and created a bigger divide between Americans.
Would Obama get by with saying something like that? Would he have been elected if he had told conservative protesters at his speeches to go get jobs? Hell no. So why are we holding Santorum to a different standard?

MMC
03-14-2012, 07:22 AM
I cannot belive that Santorum gets to run around with he is the Most Conservative of these guys and thats his claim to fame. Thats it.....I am conservative, hear me Meow!

Did he take all the delegates in these states? Whats the delegate count now.

Conley
03-14-2012, 09:07 AM
I cannot belive that Santorum gets to run around with he is the Most Conservative of these guys and thats his claim to fame. Thats it.....I am conservative, hear me Meow!

Did he take all the delegates in these states? Whats the delegate count now.

No, these weren't winner take all. 495 to 252 is the current count.

MMC
03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
No, these weren't winner take all. 495 to 252 is the current count.

I thought for sure Paul would have done better here. See If Gig-n-Rich was out Paul would be picking up all those delegates The Eye of Newt pinches.

Conley
03-14-2012, 11:37 AM
That a dude who's divorced twice and a guy who's a mormon and a blue blooded New Englander will have will have a hard time getting conservative votes??

But that 'dude' is from the South and was polling very well across the entire region...it is usually very difficult for Northerners to gain political traction in the South.

Conley
03-14-2012, 11:37 AM
I thought for sure Paul would have done better here. See If Gig-n-Rich was out Paul would be picking up all those delegates The Eye of Newt pinches.

I think they'd be going more to Santorum but I hope you're right.

spunkloaf
03-14-2012, 04:16 PM
If you think Santorum is such a great guy, fine. He scares the shit out of me. Want a conservative? Fine. But this guy boasts a platform of hatred, and I don't think that's what we need right now as a country.

Seriously. All you righties get behind Ron Paul, and I'd promise to vote Republican this year.

Conley
03-14-2012, 04:30 PM
If you think Santorum is such a great guy, fine. He scares the shit out of me. Want a conservative? Fine. But this guy boasts a platform of hatred, and I don't think that's what we need right now as a country.

Seriously. All you righties get behind Ron Paul, and I'd promise to vote Republican this year.

Who is this directed towards?

MMC
03-14-2012, 04:31 PM
When has Santorum been for Limited government before his run for the Presidency? I mean there is a voting record of his. That he can't seem to get around.

Still I hope this at the very least caused Romeny to have a shit-fit. Or the minimum at least a brain fart.

spunkloaf
03-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Who is this directed towards?

The people who said they'd choose Santorum over Obama.

Conley
03-14-2012, 04:35 PM

Thanks. I didn't want you having the impression I thought Santorum was a great guy. :laugh: :wink:

Mister D
03-14-2012, 06:09 PM

Hatred? How so? Please...no collection of out of context quotes from some hack site. In your own words.

Mister D
Thanks. I didn't want you having the impression I thought Santorum was a great guy. :laugh: :wink:

You love Santorum and you know it!

Mister D

In a heart beat!

Conley
03-14-2012, 06:28 PM

:laugh: Well...I love Putin. Santorum...I'm trying to think of something about him that is likable. :laugh:

Mister D
03-14-2012, 06:33 PM
:laugh: Well...I love Putin. Santorum...I'm trying to think of something about him that is likable. :laugh:

I agree with Santorum on some issues. I'm only alarmed by his neoconishness (yeah, I just coined the term :grin:)

Conley
03-14-2012, 06:38 PM
That's a pretty bad thing though.

Mister D
03-14-2012, 07:00 PM
That's a pretty bad thing though.

It is but I find a Santorum more palatable than a Obomba.

Conley
03-14-2012, 07:02 PM
It is but I find a Santorum more palatable than a Obomba.

Well, saying he's not as bad as Obama isn't quite the same as saying he's worthy of my love. :laugh:

I don't have to worry about it because I'm voting for Gary Johnson. :cool2:

MMC
03-14-2012, 07:08 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Conley http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=47103#post47103)

:shocked:.....Say it isnt so brutha.

Mister D
03-14-2012, 07:10 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Conley http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=47103#post47103)

:shocked:.....Say it isnt so brutha.

I'll bet he wears a Santorum 2012 vest to work!

MMC
03-14-2012, 07:10 PM

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4635816402486222&id=4b6905059bc10af54bfc4dfdb5027e0a&index=newexp&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.davegranlund.com%2fcartoons%2 fwp-content%2fuploads%2fColor-Santorum-sweater-V.jpg

Well he did bring back the 1960's Sweater-vests! :laugh:

Conley
03-14-2012, 07:14 PM
:laugh: Too much. I was actually going to bring up the SV as a negative. Never, ever trust a man in a SV. It is such a calculated political move - he is trying to appeal to both the sweater and vest wearing demographics. Choose a side and stick to it Mr. Santorum! :angry:

MMC
03-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah it would be something if it was leather. Tattoo on his right arm and a cigarette hanging out the corner of his mouth. Then I think Obama might have had a challenger. :grin:

spunkloaf
03-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Hatred? How so? Please...no collection of out of context quotes from some hack site. In your own words.

I did cite an example with a video of a speech by Santorum, where he's telling protesters to go get jobs. If I don't get distracted I will try to find it. Even if the protesters were being obnoxious (and they were), he stooped to their level. It was unprofessional. It was not an acceptable example of leader quality. It was poor taste. He had the power to diffuse the situation, and he escalated it instead--further alienating his detractors, and widening the divide between them and his supporters. He added insult to our injured political culture. In my own words, he gives his audience the same misguided anti-liberal message that so many people erroneously think should be broadcasted. There's enough of that coming from political pundits on both sides, we don't need it to be reflected by somebody who aspires to lead this country.

From what I see, he has no intentions of unifying this country and bringing consensus to the people, but instead promoting the ideals of a portion of the people and shoving the rest aside. Additionally, I don't like the way he emphasizes God and Creator when citing (more like chanting) the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution in his speeches. It seems to me that by doing so, he is trying to install a specific religious definition to the words to the audience, while in raw text format the words are ambiguous at best. It's bad enough politicians mutilate the constitution without Santorum implying to susceptible religious folks that there is more meaning to the words than what is on paper. The words are fine as explained by the textbook definitions. There's no further implication or missed point in either document which he needs to dictate to us.

I'm sure that other than this beef I have with him, his *non-social* conservative ideas are splendid. Considering how Obama has played out, I'm sure Santorum would do fine in office. Although as president, he would not at all accurately reflect the mentality of Americans. Maybe he reflects the mentality of some conservatives, sure...some conservatives hate liberals too, but not all. However, I'm not worried about him winning. Most of us can guess how the election will turn out. It just bugs me that many people are so angry and confused, enough to support him as a candidate to begin with.

I know how I felt when I was excited about Obama, and how others were disgusted by him. I still like Obama, and others still despise him. (He certainly doesn't insult his constituents' work status , though) Anyways, that's why if I am mistaken in any of this, please point it out and correct me. I don't want to follow the same blindfolded paths as some liberal-haters and Obama-haters. I will listen.

Mister D
03-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Telling protesters to get jobs is hatred? You may think it was in poor taste but so is most of the anti-Santorum venom I've heard. Furthermore, as someone who rejects liberalism I appreciate an anti-liberal message. I just don't see the hatred, Spunk. What I see is someone who others hate because he actually believes in something and dares act like it in public.

Conley
03-14-2012, 08:10 PM
None of these politicians should ever stoop the level of their hecklers though. They need to be able to hold themselves to a higher standard. I haven't seen the video so I'm not making this comment specifically about Santorum.

Mister D
03-14-2012, 08:56 PM
I kind of like it when politicians take on hecklers.

MMC
03-15-2012, 01:52 AM
Not many taken on hecklers. Plus if the average citizen does know about what they are talking about. 90% of the time The Pol won't answer the question or as usual they run with their tails tucked under their legs.

Conley
03-15-2012, 01:53 AM
I kind of like it when politicians take on hecklers.

That's because the hecklers are usually unemployed liberals. :grin:

MMC
03-15-2012, 02:32 AM
Hmmmmm.....I dunno. I have seen plenty of kids that just don't want to work and have things handed to them on a silver platter. Being young, rebeling, and just plain azz lazy, and wanting to play video games all damn day and night.

roadmaster
03-15-2012, 03:48 AM
That's because the hecklers are usually unemployed liberals. :grin:

Most likely. LOL

spunkloaf
03-15-2012, 04:22 AM
Telling protesters to get jobs is hatred?

It certainly isn't empathy, understanding, unity, inspiration, or respect. If you don't see hatred...try scorn, ridicule, or snobbishness. Figuratively speaking, Santorum shut people out and suggested that they are slackers by telling them to get jobs. What valuable purpose did it achieve other than self-satisfaction, and as a punchline for his supporters? It was contempt, frustration, and ultimately weakness which prompted him to say it. It also solidified a gap between group of Americans "A" and group of Americans "B." If somebody cared enough to show up at my campaign speech (God help us all) and interrupt me, even as annoying as these protesters were, I would have tried to appeal to them somehow. I would not respond with the snide wit of a fourth grader. It's not merely that I think it was in poor taste. It was in poor taste.

You may think it was in poor taste but so is most of the anti-Santorum venom I've heard.

Believe me. I can relate precisely to what you're saying here. I've supported a politician for the last 4+ years who gets the same kind of vicious fallacious flack. That's why I try to explain my observations as honestly as possible.

Furthermore, as someone who rejects liberalism I appreciate an anti-liberal message.

Don't worry, you'll grow out of that. :wink: :grin:

I just don't see the hatred, Spunk. What I see is someone who others hate because he actually believes in something and dares act like it in public.

This is why I like you, D-wang. Even though I think your reasoning is twisted, you're honest in your observations. I can't contest this point. You're absolutely right. I personally don't entirely agree with what you or Santorum believe in, but he definitely has his convictions, and he takes risks by making them public. It makes him interesting. I don't hate him for that. My problem is that he has too much conviction which doesn't leave any room for my interests. I can't relate to the guy at all, and he wont budge from his convictions to appeal to anybody that isn't already on his plane. I see that less as a solid principle and more as plain stubbornness and exclusivity.

I'm still affected mentally by the "Avowed Muslim" slander Santorum allowed to fly in a supporter's comments at a town hall event. The more I think of it, the more I wonder what he was thinking about while remaining silent on the issue. In contrast, John McCain defended Obama against similar slander from a supporter who decried Obama as an "Arab" in an arena event. It is the right thing for anybody to do, no matter who the subject is. Especially a public figure should know this. As Americans we take pride in being vigilant debaters while remaining decent and respectful. I could care less about the remark itself. Obama doesn't need defending, he rarely acknowledges or responds to derogatory remarks anyways. I would have at least silently respected Santorum for merely shaking his head, or showing SOME kind of disagreement towards the slander. Anything that would leave no questions about what's going through his mind. Only 4 months now on my radar, Santorum has demonstrated a lack of decency towards the POTUS and towards citizens.

Stoney
03-15-2012, 06:06 AM
I imagine it gets old standing at a podium and having your speech disrupted by a bunch of surly people. I believe in free speech, but get your own podium. Free speech isn't the act of limiting the ability of others to speak.

Mister D
03-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Hmmmmm.....I dunno. I have seen plenty of kids that just don't want to work and have things handed to them on a silver platter. Being young, rebeling, and just plain azz lazy, and wanting to play video games all damn day and night.

IOW, you've seen plenty of liberals. :grin:

Mister D
03-15-2012, 07:59 AM
It certainly isn't empathy, understanding, unity, inspiration, or respect. If you don't see hatred...try scorn, ridicule, or snobbishness. Figuratively speaking, Santorum shut people out and suggested that they are slackers by telling them to get jobs. What valuable purpose did it achieve other than self-satisfaction, and as a punchline for his supporters? It was contempt, frustration, and ultimately weakness which prompted him to say it. It also solidified a gap between group of Americans "A" and group of Americans "B." If somebody cared enough to show up at my campaign speech (God help us all) and interrupt me, even as annoying as these protesters were, I would have tried to appeal to them somehow. I would not respond with the snide wit of a fourth grader. It's not merely that I think it was in poor taste. It was in poor taste.

Empathy!? Why should Santorum show empathy with a bunch of rude assholes who hate his guts? He shut people out because "free speech" does not give you the right to shout other people down. Santorum's haters are heard. Far too often, IMO. In any case, they were in the wrong. If anyone was lacking in respect and civility it was his hecklers. Really sir...

Believe me. I can relate precisely to what you're saying here. I've supported a politician for the last 4+ years who gets the same kind of vicious fallacious flack. That's why I try to explain my observations as honestly as possible.

Mind you, I'm not a Santroum supporter but I do agree with him on some issues.

Don't worry, you'll grow out of that. :wink: :grin:

Nah.
:grin:

This is why I like you, D-wang. Even though I think your reasoning is twisted, you're honest in your observations. I can't contest this point. You're absolutely right. I personally don't entirely agree with what you or Santorum believe in, but he definitely has his convictions, and he takes risks by making them public. It makes him interesting. I don't hate him for that. My problem is that he has too much conviction which doesn't leave any room for my interests. I can't relate to the guy at all, and he wont budge from his convictions to appeal to anybody that isn't already on his plane. I see that less as a solid principle and more as plain stubbornness and exclusivity.

Fair enough.

I'm still affected mentally by the "Avowed Muslim" slander Santorum allowed to fly in a supporter's comments at a town hall event. The more I think of it, the more I wonder what he was thinking about while remaining silent on the issue. In contrast, John McCain defended Obama against similar slander from a supporter who decried Obama as an "Arab" in an arena event. It is the right thing for anybody to do, no matter who the subject is. Especially a public figure should know this. As Americans we take pride in being vigilant debaters while remaining decent and respectful. I could care less about the remark itself. Obama doesn't need defending, he rarely acknowledges or responds to derogatory remarks anyways. I would have at least silently respected Santorum for merely shaking his head, or showing SOME kind of disagreement towards the slander. Anything that would leave no questions about what's going through his mind. Only 4 months now on my radar, Santorum has demonstrated a lack of decency towards the POTUS and towards citizens.

I'm not familiar with the incident. Do you have a link?

Conley
03-15-2012, 08:52 AM

I guess it depends on the age of the child, but if we're talking children I think almost all kids would love that. It's up to the parents to set boundaries from an early age and tell them that they need to work for things. I think kids are just too coddled these days, but it's easy for me to say since I don't have any.

MMC
03-15-2012, 09:28 AM
I guess it depends on the age of the child, but if we're talking children I think almost all kids would love that. It's up to the parents to set boundaries from an early age and tell them that they need to work for things. I think kids are just too coddled these days, but it's easy for me to say since I don't have any.

I agree with you they are.....trust me my kids were going to a 4 star high-school. many of these parents are loose with their kids. Truthfully I can say those being raised with a religious background seems to have more control. Are not as disrespectful.

Of course there is a very small Arab community. Who don't speak while out in public around here to much.

spunkloaf
03-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Empathy!? Why should Santorum show empathy with a bunch of rude assholes who hate his guts? He shut people out because "free speech" does not give you the right to shout other people down. Santorum's haters are heard. Far too often, IMO. In any case, they were in the wrong. If anyone was lacking in respect and civility it was his hecklers. Really sir...

Why, you ask? Simple. Because he's trying to lead their country. If they hate his guts (some probably do) then he should be able to address their concerns with a better example of decency. I agree they were rude and acting like a bunch of assholes. It's not the way to get somebody's attention. Still, he had the microphone. Connected to a public address system, it is a powerful tool which I don't think he used to the best of its potential. That's a generous statement. I don't agree at all that shouting and chanting in order to interrupt somebody's speech is civil , appropriate or acceptable. People will be people, I guess. Santorum is trying to lead this country, though. He could have knocked it out of the park by killing the protesters with kindness. It would have taken their fuel away from them, and maybe convinced them that he's not as bad as he's portrayed. In that respect, who's really responsible for people hating his guts? Who's fueling the flames of hatred and blatantly widening a gap between two groups of ordinary Americans with different opinions? I can understand you're delighted to see politicians throw it back in the face of their hecklers, it's a competitive approach. I differ from your opinion on that though. I would not be entertained by such a remark made by a politician I liked. The dumb, proud side of me would think "hell yeah" but my intuition would tell me it's a negative reaction to a negative action. There's no possible positive outcome that can result from it. We need less confrontation, less dictating, more thinking and discussing.

Mind you, I'm not a Santroum supporter but I do agree with him on some issues.

Thanks for clarifying, I might have pegged you as such.

I'm not familiar with the incident. Do you have a link?

Gladly. Here's a video of it, rather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eveb9Hcf4G8

Wow, I'm still appalled at how he silently entertains the arrogance of (some of) his own supporters.

MMC
03-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Well he does have to play to the money. In order to keep going on. Like they all do. Money-Money- Money.....Money! :cool2:

Conley
03-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Right, who knows what any of these guys truly believe but they are not going to go out of their way to correct or offend their supporters. I don't like it but I don't think Santorum is alone among politicians with this sort of action.

spunkloaf
03-15-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm trying to remain as unprejudiced as I can regarding Santorum. It's easy to assume I'm attacking him because he is a conservative. I can tolerate conservatism more than many conservatives can tolerate liberalism. I'm attacking this man for the hatred that he fuels, not his religion or ideas or principles. I'm not letting him influence my view of religion or conservatism either. As far as I'm concerned, he's not Christian or conservative. He's just a spiteful man fueling the hatred, arrogance and disconnect between Americans which already exists. I hope that I'm communicating that clearly enough as the purpose behind my observations.

Conley
03-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Understood. FWIW I agree that he is not representative of many Catholics, nor do I consider him a conservative.

spunkloaf
03-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Right, who knows what any of these guys truly believe but they are not going to go out of their way to correct or offend their supporters. I don't like it but I don't think Santorum is alone among politicians with this sort of action.

You should never blindly trust a politician, or assume that you understand their intent. Good advice for anybody. But a politician's public demeanor is a different thing. It can and will be scrutinized as well as held to firm standards, just as plain as the light of day. People can try to defend the not-so-apparent traits of a politician (they'll get as far as the accusers: nowhere) but as soon as a lot of supporters begin defending a politician's indecency or unmistakable lack of respect, we know we've got a serious problem. Thankfully, we're not at that point--but we're only getting closer, not further away. Liberals and conservatives alike.

A good start has been made with the perversion of the public's concept of liberals and conservatives (among other atrocious deceptions), orchestrated by both sides of the not-so-honest-or-fair media. In the 60's, the commonly accepted loose definition of a liberal was a "free thinker." Professors and teachers in colleges and universities were not shunned as elitist enablers of corruption, instead respected for inspiring new ideas. Conservatives were probably not seen as such a threatening crowd either. Sorry my ode to them is significantly more brief, I haven't acquired any examples to give.

Many of us who participate in mindless jabs at what we perceive as a group of corrupt citizens are only participating in a nation-wide chicken fight. It's easy to accept the lie because so many like-minded others do the same thing, and you MUST admit it's quite entertaining. Kinda like all-star wrestling. Secretly fake, but too fun to care or notice--just fight dammit. Only this is more dangerous than a fake wrestling match, we're dealing with the perversion of opinions and intelligence and a fast-growing cultural divide in our country by means of our own well-intended patriotism.

Mister D
03-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Why, you ask? Simple. Because he's trying to lead their country. If they hate his guts (some probably do) then he should be able to address their concerns with a better example of decency. I agree they were rude and acting like a bunch of assholes. It's not the way to get somebody's attention. Still, he had the microphone. Connected to a public address system, it is a powerful tool which I don't think he used to the best of its potential. That's a generous statement. I don't agree at all that shouting and chanting in order to interrupt somebody's speech is civil , appropriate or acceptable. People will be people, I guess. Santorum is trying to lead this country, though. He could have knocked it out of the park by killing the protesters with kindness. It would have taken their fuel away from them, and maybe convinced them that he's not as bad as he's portrayed. In that respect, who's really responsible for people hating his guts? Who's fueling the flames of hatred and blatantly widening a gap between two groups of ordinary Americans with different opinions? I can understand you're delighted to see politicians throw it back in the face of their hecklers, it's a competitive approach. I differ from your opinion on that though. I would not be entertained by such a remark made by a politician I liked. The dumb, proud side of me would think "hell yeah" but my intuition would tell me it's a negative reaction to a negative action. There's no possible positive outcome that can result from it. We need less confrontation, less dictating, more thinking and discussing.

Their concerns? What concerns were they giving voice to while they were being "rude and acting like a bunch of assholes"? Indeed, he had the microphone and he also had a Santorum 2012 sweater vest. :shocked: Santorum has dealt with all kinds of venom and for one do not blame for dismissing these jokers as a bunch of people who are just being "rude and acting like a bunch of assholes". These are people with merely different opinions. These are a bunch of fanatical unemployed assholes.

Thanks for clarifying, I might have pegged you as such.

My concerns are largely racial, Spunk. You should know that. :wink: Santorum does seem to piss all the right people off though.

Regarding the video, I agree. He should given a mild reprimand.

spunkloaf
03-15-2012, 06:10 PM
To monkey-back on my last post...I can't be sure if that perversion is purposefully orchestrated by any particular entity, or if it's just a complicated self-feeding and degenerating phenomenon created from the extreme dynamics of modern society. The latter seems to be the simplest solution, but after watching a program on The History Channel I'm certain that it is most definitely aliens.

Mister D
03-15-2012, 06:13 PM
To monkey-back on my last post...I can't be sure if that perversion is purposefully orchestrated by any particular entity, or if it's just a complicated self-feeding and degenerating phenomenon created from the extreme dynamics of modern society. The latter seems to be the simplest solution, but after watching a program on The History Channel I'm certain that it is most definitely aliens.

When in doubt...it's aliens. :grin:

spunkloaf
03-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Santorum has dealt with all kinds of venom...
Santorum does seem to piss all the right people off though.

I'm holding Santorum to a high standard since he is applying for a job that comes with high expectations. The VERY highest, in fact. You're right he pisses me off, and many others. I'm glad it amuses you. :rollseyes: It would be nice if people saw more potential in politics besides pissing off the opposition. I suppose that's like saying it would be nice if people saw more potential in condoms besides taking all the fun out of sex. Ain't gonna happen, way too boring, to hell with the consequences.

Indeed, he had the microphone and he also had a Santorum 2012 sweater vest. :shocked:

And it also was spitefully donned with incredibly bad taste. It all says hatred, D-wang, I'm telling you. Just open your eyes and see it, for God's sake.

My concerns are largely racial, Spunk. You should know that. :wink:

Regarding the video, I agree. He should given a mild reprimand.

:laugh:

Thank you for agreeing, even if mildly.

Their concerns? What concerns were they giving voice to while they were being "rude and acting like a bunch of assholes"?

Oh, come on man. How do you miss something like that? They had signs and they were chanting it loud and clear. What else would offend them that much and provoke such a disruptive scene? I guess I have to spell it for you. They were protesting his God-awful tragedy of a sweater vest, D-wang...if you can even call it that. The outrage was entirely justified, too. That thing was simply a disaster! Just connect the dots. Hatred, D-wang. Pure fucking evil. Wake up, will ya?

Mister D
03-15-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm holding Santorum to a high standard since he is applying for a job that comes with high expectations. The VERY highest, in fact. You're right he pisses me off, and many others. I'm glad it amuses you. :rollseyes: It would be nice if people saw more potential in politics besides pissing off the opposition. I suppose that's like saying it would be nice if people saw more potential in condoms besides taking all the fun out of sex. Ain't gonna happen, way too boring, to hell with the consequences.

And it also was spitefully donned with incredibly bad taste. It all says hatred, D-wang, I'm telling you. Just open your eyes and see it, for God's sake.

:laugh:

Thank you for agreeing, even if mildly.

Oh, come on man. How do you miss something like that? They had signs and they were chanting it loud and clear. What else would offend them that much and provoke such a disruptive scene? I guess I have to spell it for you. They were protesting his God-awful tragedy of a sweater vest, D-wang...if you can even call it that. The outrage was entirely justified, too. That thing was simply a disaster! Just connect the dots. Hatred, D-wang. Pure fucking evil. Wake up, will ya?

It doesn't amuse me at all. I actually admire the guy for it. When the right people hate you it says something positive about a man. I don't think his opposition is justified in their hatred. All this bologna about policing our bedrooms and hating gays...:rollseyes: No, what they hate is his traditionalism and his gall to stand for it publicly.

I'm seeing a lot for hate for sweater vests on this forum. :undecided: He could have worn a Cosby sweater.

MMC
03-15-2012, 08:03 PM
It doesn't amuse me at all. I actually admire the guy for it. When the right people hate you it says something positive about a man. I don't think his opposition is justified in their hatred. All this bologna about policing our bedrooms and hating gays...:rollseyes: No, what they hate is his traditionalism and his gall to stand for it publicly.

I'm seeing a lot for hate for sweater vests on this forum. :undecided: He could have worn a Cosby sweater.

Aren't those Brown? :laugh: :wink:

wingrider
03-15-2012, 11:03 PM
here is the thing about truth,, some people chase it until they find it,,, then they put it under house arrest..

spunkloaf
03-16-2012, 12:32 AM

I'm not troubled by his traditionalism at all. OH MY GOD I LOVE HAVING REAL CONVERSATIONS WITH PEOPLE!!! People feel threatened by somebody who they believe wants to promote restrictions on liberties based on personal religious beliefs. This more or less includes the fear that gay liberties will reversed or suppressed as well, yes.

Look, his traditions and values are probably fine if he's a typical Christian. Maybe his intentions and his agenda are not as sinister as he carelessly allows them to appear. But why does he have to be such a dick? I'm just saying, he is one gigantic prick, for a Christian. I might be persuaded to ease down on the offense a bit regarding the unprofessional sneer he made towards the rude protesters. Everybody has bad days and gets frustrated. Maybe on that day somebody informed him of his slim-to-none odds in winning the election, or maybe his wife was on the rag and he couldn't get any tail. I can totally understand that would be an especially difficult time for strict religious men because they don't masturbate. So maybe that's where the bad day began. But seriously...The guy is colored head-to-toe with his silent negligence he passively demonstrated during that bullshit proclaimed publicly by his supporter about Obama. It worked to Santorum's benefit at the unjust expense of so much else such as the President as well as the Office he distinguishably holds, all political integrity, all people gullible enough to take the slander seriously, the entertainment of any other slander construed as a result, the insulted intelligence of every American, the credibility and reputation of the government, the credibility and reputation of the United States as well as its citizens, the credibility and reputation of the conservative party (to the delight of liberals, of course), the undermining of the Constitution with specific regard to the first section of Article II, the credibility and reputation of Santorum's own supporters, the values of American etiquette (especially decency, integrity, respect and class to name several), American patriotism and pride--which, along with gullibility, are both ironically instrumental to the arrogance inadvertently showcased by the misinformed woman--, a further divided nation, a further decay of any unity that might still have existed between Americans, _________________...please fill in the blanks.