PDA

View Full Version : Welfare Vacations Anyone? A Must See!!!!!!!!!

Libhater
03-17-2014, 06:06 AM
This will blow your mind, at least for those of you who still have a semi fertile mind!
This is just one state!

It would be very interesting to see what the other 49 states add up to as well
or even if they have an equivalent program.

Thank you Obama, FDR, and LBJ for giving us this progressive agenda that
helps out all those disadvantaged people among us.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/_wElqMl5TJM?rel=0

patrickt
03-17-2014, 06:52 AM
A woman I know was whining about the hard life her daughter has. She and her husband can't live without running up horrendous consumer debt which they then ask the parents to pay for. I said, "Didn't your daughter and her husband vacation in Tahiti last year?" "Yes, so what, you think my daughter doesn't deserve a vacation?" "There's a lot of vacation spots between Chicago and Tahiti."

Is a welfare recipient vacationing in Las Vegas any more outrageous that a future bankruptcy case vacationing in Tahiti. They're both, spending someone else's money. Oh, wait, that's the only program the Liberals have, isn't it, spending someone else's money.

"City Harvest, a charity focused on fresh foods that are 'rescued' from supermarkets and restaurants, recently brought its mobile food market to the Stapleton Houses in Staten Island. Dozens of people lined up as a tractor-trailer unloaded 15,540 pounds of carrots, potatoes, grapefruits and apples, enough for as many as 400 households. It's a quiet crisis. In a city of plenty, a staggering number of people are struggling to feed themselves and their families.
Nearly one in five New Yorkers, 1.4 million people, now rely on a patchwork network of 1,000 food pantries and soup kitchens across the city to eat."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/1-5-new-yorkers-rely-charities-food-article-1.1723671#ixzz2wDh2AkIl

Rely on or take advantage of.

Our health care system has been turned over to government bureaucrats so a few million, perhaps 4.2 million, can spend someone else's money on health insurance.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/16/curl-we-completely-overhauled-american-health-care/

Spending someone else's money is the liberal program. They don't have anything else.

Paperback Writer
03-17-2014, 07:05 AM
A woman I know was whining about the hard life her daughter has. She and her husband can't live without running up horrendous consumer debt which they then ask the parents to pay for. I said, "Didn't your daughter and her husband vacation in Tahiti last year?" "Yes, so what, you think my daughter doesn't deserve a vacation?" "There's a lot of vacation spots between Chicago and Tahiti."

I find this story as believable as Susan Rice's version of Benghazi.

Cigar
03-17-2014, 07:13 AM
OMG ... there's Fraud ... I thought that was a thing of the past. :shocked:

It's all LBD and Obama's fault ... and I bet Clinton and Carter had something to do with also. :laugh:

:rollseyes: it's only Monday ... and you see the weekly pattern :rollseyes:

donttread
03-17-2014, 07:22 AM
This will blow your mind, at least for those of you who still have a semi fertile mind!
This is just one state!

patrickt
03-17-2014, 07:22 AM
I find this story as believable as Susan Rice's version of Benghazi.

Sad, Paperback. Planning your vacation on someone else's money?

Paperback Writer
03-17-2014, 07:26 AM
Sad, Paperback. Planning your vacation on someone else's money?

Not at all, I have a job and I pay my own rents. I am merely pointing out that for every story that demonises liberals you have some outlandish anecdote or tale which is supportive of it. The statistical probability of one person having an exact moral replica within their township for every occasion is beyond the breach, and yet you always manage to supply one.

This town you lived in, was it in Maine and did Stephen King at all mention it?

Cigar
03-17-2014, 07:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EZ5bx9AyI4&feature=player_embedded

We have come to a clear realization of the fact that true individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. "Necessitous men are not free men." People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made.

In our day these economic truths have become accepted as self-evident. We have accepted, so to speak, a second Bill of Rights under which a new basis of security and prosperity can be established for all regardless of station, race, or creed.

Among these are:

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the Nation;

The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;

The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;

The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;

The right of every family to a decent home;

The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;

The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;

The right to a good education.

All of these rights spell security. And after this war is won we must be prepared to move forward, in the implementation of these rights, to new goals of human happiness and well-being.

FULL TRANSCRIPT: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=16518

donttread
03-17-2014, 07:29 AM
Solution: Each city builds special, safe, decent housing for public assistance recipiants . They provide food, not food credit cards, they provide heat and shelter with very little cash. They provide child care instead of paying people not to work because they have kids.
We hire people to manage all of this from construction to day care to the pantry to security and maintenance but we use the tenants to do the grunt work thereby working off some of their expenses and learning a skill

Paperback Writer
03-17-2014, 07:33 AM
FDR was a criminal.

patrickt
03-17-2014, 08:41 AM
It's so sad, Paperback. You can't imagine anyone who isn't like you. I don't exactly have a township. I'm old and have lived in eight states and now I live in Mexico. I've spent my whole life meeting and talking to people. I realize there are people now whose "friends" are all on the internet. That seems strange to me.

So, you say you support yourself. I could be a supercilious little twit and say, "I doubt that." But, not being a supercilious little twit, absent evidence, I wouldn't.

Captain Obvious
03-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Not at all, I have a job and I pay my own rents. I am merely pointing out that for every story that demonises liberals you have some outlandish anecdote or tale which is supportive of it. The statistical probability of one person having an exact moral replica within their township for every occasion is beyond the breach, and yet you always manage to supply one.

This town you lived in, was it in Maine and did Stephen King at all mention it?

Maine is a fucking awesome state.

Captain Obvious
03-17-2014, 08:46 AM
I don't think anyone really has a grasp of how much fraud and waste there is in our entitlement system.

I know it's somewhere between the "looks good on paper" version progressives promote and the Brietbot version that has every recipient living like a 1%er on it.

I think we lean further left on this issue than we should. On one hand we need to take care of our own but we are also fostering a mentality of "you don't really have to survive" and people take advantage of that, it's human nature.

You're stronger, smarter, more encouraged when you're hungry.

It all started when we fell off the food chain...

Paperback Writer
03-17-2014, 08:47 AM
It's so sad, Paperback. You can't imagine anyone who isn't like you. I don't exactly have a township. I'm old and have lived in eight states and now I live in Mexico. I've spent my whole life meeting and talking to people.

I hardly could imagine a world where everyone is like me, but neither can I imagine a world where every liberal stereotype happens to bump into you and display the very worst characteristics imaginable.

I realize there are people now whose "friends" are all on the internet. That seems strange to me.

So, you say you support yourself. I could be a supercilious little twit and say, "I doubt that." But, not being a supercilious little twit, absent evidence, I wouldn't.

Whose mates are all on the Internet? Is this another of your stories? If so, when you tell it later can you say that I have six fingers on my left hand?

Libhater
03-17-2014, 10:24 AM
but neither can I imagine a world where every liberal stereotype happens to bump into you and display the very worst characteristics imaginable.

Its getting more and more difficult not to paint the typical liberal with a broad brush. How many libs do you see or hear decrying
the failed obamacare, or do you hear denouncing obama's endless support for the entitlement state for instance, etc.?

Cthulhu
03-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Whose mates are all on the Internet? Is this another of your stories? If so, when you tell it later can you say that I have six fingers on my left hand?

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/f2664_prepare-to-die.gif

Paperback Writer
03-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Its getting more and more difficult not to paint the typical liberal with a broad brush. How many libs do you see or hear decrying
the failed obamacare, or do you hear denouncing obama's endless support for the entitlement state for instance, etc.?

Far cry from a mother sending her daughter on the dole to Tahiti bemusing her hard life. I just don't believe it. Sorry.

1751_Texan
03-17-2014, 11:31 AM
This is just one state!

I guess one needs a fetile mind to let Mr. Shady plant his seed of bullcrap.

$7000 withdrawn at ATMs near Disneyland..."

Are there no other uses of that money than the implied use at Disneyland? One needs a critical thinking mind more than a fertile mind.

Libhater
03-17-2014, 04:09 PM
i guess one needs a fetile mind to let mr. Shady plant his seed of bullcrap.

$7000 withdrawn at atms near disneyland..."

are there no other uses of that money than the implied use at disneyland? One needs a critical thinking mind more than a fertile mind.

good point!!!!!