PDA

View Full Version : We're Very Sorry, But Your Food Is a Lie

Mr. Mensch
03-17-2014, 08:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luFtrnEEs9k

Captain Obvious
03-17-2014, 08:48 AM
I've been saying this for years.

Dimples in mayo jars, half full boxes of cereal and bags of chips.

Tell me when your big mac looks the same out of the bag as it does on billboards. You shouldn't be eating that pig shit anyway, but still.

It's not just food also, fraudulent sales practices are everywhere - everything consumer is a lie. I posted a thread saying just that with a bunch of examples I dunno... a year or so ago, it got ho-hum responses.

Everything out there is one big fucking lie and we just collectively chew the cud.

nathanbforrest45
03-17-2014, 10:43 AM
ho hum

Ravi
03-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Dimples in mayo jars?

MrJimmyDale
03-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Dimples in mayo jars? bottoms are concaved to reduce the amount of product........

Ravi
03-17-2014, 10:48 AM
bottoms are concaved to reduce the amount of product........Meh....mayo is crap, anyway. And easy enough to make.

Captain Obvious
03-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Dimples in mayo jars?

Yeah, a year or two ago Hellmanns made their jars unnoticeably smaller by making the bottom of the jar convex inward like a wine bottle thereby holding a couple ounces less product.

Kept the price the same.

As far as I'm concerned this is producer fraud and a lie.

MrJimmyDale
03-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Meh....mayo is crap, anyway. And easy enough to make. Got to have some Blue Plate on my mater samichez...........

Polecat
03-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Marketing creeps are on my shit list too. Deception is their only skill.

Captain Obvious
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
You know if these fucking OWS phoney fauxrage douchefucks would have said "this is all about producer deceit and lies" then I'da supported it.

nathanbforrest45
03-17-2014, 11:03 AM
meh....mayo is crap, anyway. And easy enough to make.

everything is crap to a liberal

nathanbforrest45
03-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Bought some "ice cream" the other day. A well known brand. When I got home and looked closer at the label it was listed as "Frozen Dairy Desert". Granted it did not say anywhere on the package that it was "ice cream" but it was in the same containers as their other products and it didn't cost any less. They have already dropped the size of an ice cream container by 1/3 and this is standard practice for a lot of items. Its up to the consumer to understand what they are buying.

nic34
03-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Bought some "ice cream" the other day. A well known brand. When I got home and looked closer at the label it was listed as "Frozen Dairy Desert". Granted it did not say anywhere on the package that it was "ice cream" but it was in the same containers as their other products and it didn't cost any less. They have already dropped the size of an ice cream container by 1/3 and this is standard practice for a lot of items. Its up to the consumer to understand what they are buying.

Same stuff you put in your coffee, only frozen....

....but it's conservatives that don't want to burden poor manufacturers with labling their crap products.....

advocate for crap, get crap.

nathanbforrest45
03-17-2014, 11:12 AM
BTW, this is how the government is getting away with claiming the inflation rate is low. Your grocery bill each visit is about the same because you are spending the same amount on less product.

nathanbforrest45
03-17-2014, 11:13 AM

....but it's conservatives that don't want to burden poor manufacturers with labling their crap products.....

Bullshit
It is labelled, I thought I made that clear. We the people don't bother with actually reading the labels. Is that the manufacturers fault. Perhaps they should put a sales representative in each aisle to explain the exact formula for every product.

nathanbforrest45
03-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Got to have some Blue Plate on my mater samichez...........

Whats wrong with you boy. Round cheer we'un all eat Dukes.

Ravi
03-17-2014, 11:15 AM
everything is crap to a liberal

Are you crazy? There's nothing better than French wine and brie.

Ravi
03-17-2014, 11:16 AM
We should have laws.

Ravi
03-17-2014, 11:16 AM

Bingo.

MrJimmyDale
03-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Are you crazy? There's nothing better than French wine and brie. Who is Brie?

nathanbforrest45
03-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Are you crazy? There's nothing better than French wine and brie.

That's French shit. If I wanted to be a poofie boy I would eat that French shit.

nathanbforrest45
03-17-2014, 11:20 AM
We should have laws.

We do have laws, people don't care about what's posted and won't read the labels. That's how I fell for the Frozen Dairy Desert. I won't do it again but the flavor alone would have been enough for me to shun it in the future.

MrJimmyDale
03-17-2014, 11:27 AM
We do have laws, people don't care about what's posted and won't read the labels. That's how I fell for the Frozen Dairy Desert. I won't do it again but the flavor alone would have been enough for me to shun it in the future. I've settled on Blue Bell..........

Ravi
03-17-2014, 11:35 AM
We do have laws, people don't care about what's posted and won't read the labels. That's how I fell for the Frozen Dairy Desert. I won't do it again but the flavor alone would have been enough for me to shun it in the future.
Your fault then. Some people like to eat that crap and buy it on purpose.

nathanbforrest45
03-17-2014, 12:22 PM
I've settled on Blue Bell..........

I think it was Bryers that was the FDD crap.

nathanbforrest45
03-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Your fault then. Some people like to eat that crap and buy it on purpose.

Yes it was my fault. I said that.

Ravi
03-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Yes it was my fault. I said that.
Oh, my bad. I thought you were blaming the company.

GrassrootsConservative
03-17-2014, 04:52 PM
It's called Shrinkflation.

Captain Obvious
03-17-2014, 05:26 PM

To a degree.

Reducing the size of mayo jars just to deceive the consumer - yeah, sorry.

Captain Obvious
03-17-2014, 05:27 PM
BTW, this is how the government is getting away with claiming the inflation rate is low. Your grocery bill each visit is about the same because you are spending the same amount on less product.

Maybe. That economics is micro, no doubt.

Captain Obvious
03-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Who is Brie?

Sounds like Chloe 's friend.

1751_Texan
03-18-2014, 03:42 AM
Coffee used to be sold in a 1 lb. can. This has been happening for a long while. Tons more packaging...whole lot less product.

Peter1469
03-18-2014, 05:59 AM
You know if these fucking OWS phoney fauxrage douchefucks would have said "this is all about producer deceit and lies" then I'da supported it.

OWS started with a good message, then they opened each camp up to pure democracy and their message was diluted with delusion.