PDA

View Full Version : Carcinogen warning labels for Coke and Pepsi; State of California decision!

maheenangel74
03-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Amid a study which found that Coke and Pepsi can cause Cancer and Leukemia; state of California decided to bound Coke and Pepsi to place carcinogen warning labels instead of simple and usual labeling. The caramel color which contains chemicals commonly known as 4-MEI and 4-methylikidazole are the foundation of the cause.

Read details:http://www.worldrealnews.com/2012/03/14/carcinogen-warning-labels-for-coke-and-pepsi-state-of-california-decision/

MMC
03-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Yep M.A.....we had it up. :wink:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/2299-Coke-Pepsi-Make-Changes-To-Avoid-Cancer-Warning

Peter1469
03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
I stopped drinking soda about 6 years ago.

Frogger
05-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Lots of things are carcinogenic if taken in large amounts. Other things are carcinogenic if taken in even moderate amounts.

Almost thirty years ago I was found to have cancer of the vocal cords and had both vocal cords and half my larynx removed. I was told at that time that I should never again drink alcohol since alcohol is a carcinogen, especially for people who have had previous cancers in the throat area.

Should California place cancer warning labels on beer, wine and liquor bottles?

Shoot the Goose
05-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Heck, when California starts putting warning labels on the "Welcome to California" signs on highways when you enter the state "Warning. You May Be Taxed to Death if You Stay Here", then I'll take note of their desire to help users.

Conley
05-25-2012, 05:06 PM
It must be nice to live in a state with no income tax like Florida. I actually don't mind paying taxes, it's the waste and corruption that kills me.

wingrider
05-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Heck, when California starts putting warning labels on the "Welcome to California" signs on highways when you enter the state "Warning. You May Be Taxed to Death if You Stay Here", then I'll take note of their desire to help users. I love your post... made me laugh .. true oh so true but funny

Shoot the Goose
05-25-2012, 06:00 PM
It must be nice to live in a state with no income tax like Florida. I actually don't mind paying taxes, it's the waste and corruption that kills me.

Yes, it is nice. They get part of it in a higher level of user fees, like tolls on roads, taxes on hotel rooms, etc. But a big part of that s also to get it from the tourists.

Where such as you note really stings is in a state like Illinois, where they jacked up the taxes by something like 50%, yet made no real structural changes to how they waste money. Kind of the opposite of what Wisconsin did. Taxpayers might as well be using their money for toilet paper in IL, cause the state keeps crapping all over them.

roadmaster
05-25-2012, 06:36 PM
They might as well put warning labels on everything. Salt, soda, fried foods, ect. I try my best to get home grown vegetables ect and yes I have heart problems (not bad) born with it but everything is being messed up by the chemicals they use. I am quite aware in my genes their is heart problems, thyroid, diabetes ect. You are going to die of something and I know if I drink too many sodas it could hurt me, I have to watch salt intake and sugar. Try to stay away from fried foods but you know I do but at times I will eat a piece of fried chicken.

Also, soda is not good for your teeth but nor is orange juice. I do get on my kids about soda intake but don't expect them to not have one once in a while. The old saying do as I say not as I do is not a good example. In that I am not one.

Frogger
05-25-2012, 10:11 PM

I pay no state income tax as a resident of New York and when I was a resident of Florida I paid no state income tax. I pay no income taxes in the two states for two different reasons. I was considered a state worker in New York so my pension is untaxed and Florida simply has no state income tax. Florida is a tourist state and makes enough money from that to not have to tax its citizens.

Trinnity
05-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Almost thirty years ago I was found to have cancer of the vocal cords and had both vocal cords and half my larynx removed. Are you unable to talk?

Frogger
05-26-2012, 09:56 AM
No, I can speak.

My surgeon extended the vocalis muscle and carved it into a pseudo vocal cord. I couldn't speak for a few weeks while everything was healing but I now speak with a hoarse whisper. It is my imitation of Freddy Kreuger.

I can't sing though. When I try, no sound comes out.

Using a phone is a pain in the butt though. I am hard to understand and it is almost impossible to tell if In am saying the letter B or P or the letter D or T.

Trinnity
05-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Well, I'm SO glad for you that you didn't lose your voice completely.
God bless you.

Did you like my frogs (they're on your intro thread) ?

Frogger
05-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Of course I like them. I collect frogs, both real ones in my koi pond and models. I have about 100 at my Florida condo and about 500 or so here on Long Island. They run the gamut from $1.00 souveneirs to $500 pieces of art.

Trinnity
05-26-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm not a big fan of toads, but frogs are so cute and little. I love the cute suction cup toes.
For those who don't know the difference...

Toad:
http://a-z-animals.com/media/animals/images/470x370/common_toad5.jpg

Frog;
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3534/5828604585_0b76547998.jpg

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4600335770126975&pid=1.1