PDA

View Full Version : it's not 'the media' in general

Ransom
03-24-2014, 09:30 AM
NBC News political director and chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd publicly criticized CNN this week for its relentless use of the "breaking news" chyron on stories related to missing Malaysian Airlines flight 370.
"Another day of 'breaking news' based on finding nothing or in other words, 'not breaking news,'" Todd, who also hosts MSNBC's "Daily Rundown," wrote on Twitter on Friday morning.
"I know it may look like I am casting stones while potentially living in a glass house. But the mistakes of one news org hurts ALL of us," he wrote. "Then it becomes 'the media' is abusing 'breaking news' -- no it's not 'the media' in general."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/03/nbcs-chuck-todd-takes-aim-at-cnn-185501.html

Chuck Todd. :cool2:

texan
03-24-2014, 11:21 AM
CNN is getting huge ratings and that is a money maker. So if thats what people want then tell them what they want to hear. I have a remote to change the channel.

Ransom
03-24-2014, 11:45 AM
You don't see Todd's "I know it may look like I am casting stones while potentially living in a glass house" somewhat...odd...hypocritical...and flat out disingenuous?

Heyduke
03-24-2014, 01:33 PM
I was so over this story about 12 days ago. Todd is correct if he's making fun of 'breaking news' stories that inevitably conclude with 'we still have no idea what happened'.

It's a plane crash, which is a tragedy. Apparently, it was caused by some degree of human nefariousness, which is also significant. But, there's also an element of supply-side journalism there--- if we report it, and continue to report it, they will listen with rapt attention.

Ransom
03-24-2014, 01:45 PM
I was so over this story about 12 days ago. Todd is correct if he's making fun of 'breaking news' stories that inevitably conclude with 'we still have no idea what happened'.

It's a plane crash, which is a tragedy. Apparently, it was caused by some degree of human nefariousness, which is also significant. But, there's also an element of supply-side journalism there--- if we report it, and continue to report it, they will listen with rapt attention.

And thus how Obama was elected. The media...with Chuck Todd his biggest cheerleader...cranked out Barack Obama TV all day and all f'n night. He reported on it....conitnued to make it so relating nearly every story to Obama, starting stories about racism and hatred for women.......and the Left did listen...with rapt attention. We now have this plane mystery.....and Todd is lecturing others on what is headline or breaking news. Blow out your arse, Todd, what a joke.