Mister D
07-26-2011, 10:54 AM
........EDITORS' PICKS
Tragedy in Norway
Same-sex weddings in N.Y.
Teenagers mauled by grizzly
2,000-year-old bell found
Space: Past, present and future
Remembering Amy Winehouse ......California "Dream Act" approved for illegal immigrants

By Alex Dobuzinskis | Reuters – 14 hrs ago
....tweet69EmailPrint......LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law on Monday a bill allowing illegal immigrants to receive privately funded scholarships to attend the state's public colleges and universities.

The bill, dubbed the California Dream Act, passed the state Legislature earlier this month and aims at helping illegal immigrants who earned a diploma after attending at least three years of high school in the state.

Enactment of the California measure came three days after opponents of a similar law in Maryland collected enough signatures to force a state referendum seeking its repeal.

http://news.yahoo.com/california-dream-act-approved-illegal-immigrants-013617230.html

hellraiser
07-26-2011, 03:50 PM
this is great news. college is too expensive these days and everyone should have a chance to get a decent education.

Mister D
07-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Everyone including those here illegally?

Funny how so few liberal Democrats (or anyone else for that matter) understand that this is a deliberate distraction. Sure, the state's bankrupt and unemployment is high but look at me! I made a real contribution to humanity. I made it possible for illegal immigrants to get a college education. Next year, we'll try to get gay marriage legalized again.

It's all inane and does absolutely nothing for America. Nothing . America, I honestly hope this entire system collapses around your ears. You deserve it nothing less.

hellraiser
07-26-2011, 05:51 PM
why do you hate america? you want america to collapse just to prove a point?

immigrants made this country great. also its not the kids fault if his family moved him here illegally. they arent really criminals and should have the chance to get an education and a good job. people are always complaining about illegals but if they arent allowed to learn then what are they supposed to do for jobs? just picking oranges isnt enough.

Mister D
07-26-2011, 06:23 PM
why do you hate america? you want america to collapse just to prove a point?

immigrants made this country great. also its not the kids fault if his family moved him here illegally. they arent really criminals and should have the chance to get an education and a good job. people are always complaining about illegals but if they arent allowed to learn then what are they supposed to do for jobs? just picking oranges isnt enough.

Who said I hated America?

How did immigrants make this country great? What does that even mean?

I don't care whose fault it is. Illegals do not belong here. Period. I also do not care what hey are going to do for jobs. That's not my problem or my government's.

hellraiser
07-26-2011, 06:29 PM
you said you hoped america collapses look above

immigrants are this whole country. the only ones who were here before were the native americans. dont you remember your history classes give us your sick your poor your tired. ellis island and the statue of liberty. that is the american dream and that is why people want to come to america to live the american dream. i am sorry you would rather have america collapse i still love this country and i know whats what.

Mister D
07-26-2011, 06:46 PM

immigrants are this whole country. the only ones who were here before were the native americans. dont you remember your history classes give us your sick your poor your tired. ellis island and the statue of liberty. that is the american dream and that is why people want to come to america to live the american dream. i am sorry you would rather have america collapse i still love this country and i know whats what.

No, I said that America (as in Americans) deserve it by virtue of the foolishness you've demonstrated here today. You act as if this is progress when it's merely a distraction from the utter ineptitude and ideological emptiness of the people we to elect office. They have no ideas and the fact that they try to pass off these inanities as meaningful reform proves it.

Immigrants are every country, hellraiser. Is there any nation or region on Earth still inhabited by its first human population? If so, there are few and very far in between. The nation of immigrants refrain is another meaningless slogan people parrot endlessly without ever thinking about it.

No, people come here because there are jobs here that are not available back home. That's it. It's purely economic in most cases.

wingrider
07-26-2011, 11:47 PM
would someone please try to explain to hellraiser that there is a large difference between the immigrants who came to america via ellis island and did everything legally and within the scope of the law.

and these ILLEGAL immigrants who are slipping accross the border with no regard for the laws of this country..

o

MMC
07-27-2011, 01:08 AM

http://www.politicalhotwire.com/attachments/feedback-suggestions-support/480d1311746581t-i-want-8ball-gif :o >:D

blaster
06-16-2016, 06:21 PM
........EDITORS' PICKS Tragedy in Norway Same-sex weddings in N.Y. Teenagers mauled by grizzly 2,000-year-old bell found Space: Past, present and future Remembering Amy Winehouse ......California "Dream Act" approved for illegal immigrants By Alex Dobuzinskis | Reuters – 14 hrs ago ....tweet69EmailPrint......LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law on Monday a bill allowing illegal immigrants to receive privately funded scholarships to attend the state's public colleges and universities. The bill, dubbed the California Dream Act, passed the state Legislature earlier this month and aims at helping illegal immigrants who earned a diploma after attending at least three years of high school in the state. Enactment of the California measure came three days after opponents of a similar law in Maryland collected enough signatures to force a state referendum seeking its repeal. http://news.yahoo.com/california-dream-act-approved-illegal-immigrants-013617230.html (/california-dream-act-approved-illegal-immigrants-013617230.html) Isn't Calfornia one of those scum bucket states that give illegals de facto citizenship by allowing them to get drivers licenses?