PDA

View Full Version : Police Murder Homeless Man (Video)

Ethereal
03-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Helmet Video of Albuquerque Cops Shooting Homeless Man Sparks Outrage Across New Mexico (http://reason.com/blog/2014/03/26/helmet-video-of-albuquerque-cops-shootin)
Ed Krayewski|Mar. 26, 2014 12:21 pm

(Reason) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, police described James Boyd, the homeless camper that was fatally shot during a stand-off over illegally camping in a public space while he appeared to be turning away, as a mentally disturbed man with a violent 20-year criminal history. The police alleged he had previously threatened officers, that he was reaching for a knife, that a K-9 officer was in danger, and that Boyd was mentally disturbed the day the police shot him. A few years ago, that might’ve been the end of the story. But the shooting was caught by police helmet cams (video at bottom), and has sparked outrage across New Mexico. The Albuquerque police only began to wear cameras in 2012, the same year those officers came under Department of Justice review and in which they fatally shot 17 people.

Continued

Warning, graphic video:

http://youtu.be/EduzwLhndIM

Another cold-blooded murder committed by thugs enforcing grossly immoral, wholly unnatural political dictates.

The man's crime? Camping in the desert, on land that Nature's God has endowed humanity with, land to which we are all at equal liberty to use and occupy.

And even though the law of nature would have justified this man killing the cops, who were aggressing against him in violation of his natural, inalienable rights, he was nevertheless in the process of complying with their totalitarian dictates when they unnecessarily escalated the situation with such rapidity and extremism that he responded by arming himself in defense of a vicious police dog that was advancing on him. Instead of attempting to de-escalate the standoff, or, at the very least, employ non-lethal force, the thugs responded with deadly force, despite there being no proportionate threat.

Land of the free? Don't kid yourself.

Paperback Writer
03-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Glad I'm leaving in 3 months.

Peter1469
03-26-2014, 07:16 PM
A man with knives who is that far away from you is not a threat. It is a good thing that the police were using the helmet cam. Now the public can see how pitiful their police "protection" is.

Paperback Writer
03-26-2014, 07:17 PM
We covered one of your police brutality tales. It was a lad in a wheelchair missing an arm and a leg. He held a magic marker and the police shot him in the head. It's like the country's Bedlam.

Ethereal
03-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Glad I'm leaving in 3 months.

The militarization of US police forces is indeed a very disturbing trend. Apparently, it takes an entire paramilitary squad and a dog to eject a homeless man from the desert nowadays.

Ethereal
03-26-2014, 07:36 PM
A man with knives who is that far away from you is not a threat. It is a good thing that the police were using the helmet cam. Now the public can see how pitiful their police "protection" is.

The silver lining is that police cams are becoming more prevalent among the enforcement class, which has a tendency to reduce bad behavior on both sides. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case here, but at least there is some transparency after the fact. Without the camera, this would have just been another victim swept under the rug.

Peter1469
03-26-2014, 07:37 PM
The silver lining is that police cams are becoming more prevalent among the enforcement class, which has a tendency to reduce bad behavior on both sides. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case here, but at least there is some transparency after the fact. Without the camera, this would have just been another victim swept under the rug.

Right.

Ethereal
03-26-2014, 07:39 PM
We covered one of your police brutality tales. It was a lad in a wheelchair missing an arm and a leg. He held a magic marker and the police shot him in the head. It's like the country's Bedlam.

If I had behaved like these thugs while I was in Iraq, I would have shot someone almost everyday.

Peter1469
03-26-2014, 07:43 PM
If I had behaved like these thugs while I was in Iraq, I would have shot someone almost everyday.

And been court-martialed.

Ethereal
03-26-2014, 07:46 PM
And been court-martialed.

Yup. Pretty sad when an infantry Marine treats Iraqis with more respect than US police treat Americans.

Codename Section
03-28-2014, 08:30 AM
I say this all the fucking time. We treated the enemy better than cops treat US citizens today. I have a bunch of buddies who almost went into the police force and one dude was actually asked how he would feel about shooting someone in the back.

In the back.

If someone is running you have lots of non-lethal options at your disposal.

Captain Obvious
03-28-2014, 09:11 AM
One incident condemns all officers.

I wonder what you marines would think if you were thought of in this respect - one bad incident and all of you would be condemned for doing your job.

Pathetic.

Paperback Writer
03-28-2014, 09:22 AM

I wonder what you marines would think if you were thought of in this respect - one bad incident and all of you would be condemned for doing your job.

Pathetic.

No? And when those blokes went nuts in Hadith, they all rightfully got called on it. When you're the only one allowed to point the gun you must do it better than others.

http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21599349-americas-police-have-become-too-militarised-cops-or-soldiers

Boozers, barbers and cockfighters
Peter Kraska, a professor at Eastern Kentucky University’s School of Justice Studies, estimates that SWAT teams were deployed about 3,000 times in 1980 but are now used around 50,000 times a year. Some cities use them for routine patrols in high-crime areas. Baltimore and Dallas have used them to break up poker games. In 2010 New Haven, Connecticut sent a SWAT team to a bar suspected of serving under-age drinkers. That same year heavily-armed police raided barber shops around Orlando, Florida; they said they were hunting for guns and drugs but ended up arresting 34 people for “barbering without a licence”. Maricopa County, Arizona sent a SWAT team into the living room of Jesus Llovera, who was suspected of organising cockfights. Police rolled a tank into Mr Llovera’s yard and killed more than 100 of his birds, as well as his dog. According to Mr Kraska, most SWAT deployments are not in response to violent, life-threatening crimes, but to serve drug-related warrants in private homes.

He estimates that 89% of police departments serving American cities with more than 50,000 people had SWAT teams in the late 1990s—almost double the level in the mid-1980s. By 2007 more than 80% of police departments in cities with between 25,000 and 50,000 people had them, up from 20% in the mid-1980s (there are around 18,000 state and local police agencies in America, compared with fewer than 100 in Britain).

Ravi
03-28-2014, 09:36 AM
Britain isn't much better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Jean_Charles_de_Menezes

Paperback Writer
03-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Britain isn't much better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Jean_Charles_de_Menezes

We certainly are. From the above article and link:

He estimates that 89% of police departments serving American cities with more than 50,000 people had SWAT teams in the late 1990s—almost double the level in the mid-1980s. By 2007 more than 80% of police departments in cities with between 25,000 and 50,000 people had them, up from 20% in the mid-1980s (there are around 18,000 state and local police agencies in America, compared with fewer than 100 in Britain).

Ethereal
03-28-2014, 02:28 PM

If it were only one incident, you might have a point. Unfortunately, this problem is not isolated or infrequent.

http://www.policemisconduct.net
http://www.cato.org/raidmap

Pathetic.

The only difference being we were in an active war zone where snipers, AK47s, improvised explosives, car-bombs, mortars, and RPGs were typical threats we faced on a daily basis, and we still exercised more restraint than civil servants in the US where, last I checked, there wasn't an active war, although an increasing portion of the enforcement class seems to think there is.

Ethereal
03-28-2014, 02:31 PM
I say this all the fucking time. We treated the enemy better than cops treat US citizens today. I have a bunch of buddies who almost went into the police force and one dude was actually asked how he would feel about shooting someone in the back.

In the back.

If someone is running you have lots of non-lethal options at your disposal.

In the eyes of the enforcement class, America is a warzone and Americans are enemy combatants. The founders are rolling in their graves.

Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.
--John Adams

Mainecoons
03-28-2014, 05:50 PM

Pathetic.

It isn't just one incidence. We are seeing these reports weekly these days. Go back and look at the wholesale escalation of the use of SWAT. There's something very wrong here.

Chloe
03-28-2014, 06:02 PM
I think police officers should carry a rubber bullet or bean bag gun as their main weapon and only switch to their real guns when necessary. They could have subdued that person without killing him if they would have used something non-lethal.

Peter1469
03-28-2014, 06:04 PM
I think police officers should carry a rubber bullet or bean bag gun as their main weapon and only switch to their real guns when necessary. They could have subdued that person without killing him if they would have used something non-lethal.

Or just leave him be. He was in the middle of the desert. He wasn't hurting anyone.

Ivan88
04-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Things have changed a lot since 1950:

donttread
05-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Neighborhoods need their own protection force against the hoods, the gangs and the police

Mister D
05-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Neighborhoods need their own protection force against the hoods, the gangs and the police

Just clear the snow off your sidewalk, Thomas Paine.

donttread
05-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Warning, graphic video:

Another cold-blooded murder committed by thugs enforcing grossly immoral, wholly unnatural political dictates.

The man's crime? Camping in the desert, on land that Nature's God has endowed humanity with, land to which we are all at equal liberty to use and occupy.

And even though the law of nature would have justified this man killing the cops, who were aggressing against him in violation of his natural, inalienable rights, he was nevertheless in the process of complying with their totalitarian dictates when they unnecessarily escalated the situation with such rapidity and extremism that he responded by arming himself in defense of a vicious police dog that was advancing on him. Instead of attempting to de-escalate the standoff, or, at the very least, employ non-lethal force, the thugs responded with deadly force, despite there being no proportionate threat.

Murder. But also with several officers on site why would you send the unarmed cop in first? Was this guy white?

Ivan88
05-03-2015, 11:53 PM
Seen lots of videos of US military gunning down Iraqis willy nilly, bombing their homes, hospitals, schools sewer plants, water systems, electric system, bomb shelters, food storage facilities, markets, busting into people's homes in the middle of the night, destroying their livelyhoods, their money, poisoning them, starving them, torturing them, terrorizing them and so on.
US military and Cops have the same insane killer lust. And we deserve it, because we have accepted and supported every lie and every war for almost 200 years of continuous wars of aggression.

donttread
05-04-2015, 07:39 AM
Seen lots of videos of US military gunning down Iraqis willy nilly, bombing their homes, hospitals, schools sewer plants, water systems, electric system, bomb shelters, food storage facilities, markets, busting into people's homes in the middle of the night, destroying their livelyhoods, their money, poisoning them, starving them, torturing them, terrorizing them and so on.
US military and Cops have the same insane killer lust. And we deserve it, because we have accepted and supported every lie and every war for almost 200 years of continuous wars of aggression.

You have a point

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 08:22 AM
If anyone noticed, there's a growing concern starting now out there in the blog/media-o-sphere concerning police officers and the witch hunt mentality that's been growing.

And if anyone noticed, I was already on top of it (earlier in this thread), trying to nip it in the bud before it got out of hand.

I tend to be a bit in front of the curve than most people.

donttread
05-04-2015, 05:39 PM
If anyone noticed, there's a growing concern starting now out there in the blog/media-o-sphere concerning police officers and the witch hunt mentality that's been growing.

And if anyone noticed, I was already on top of it (earlier in this thread), trying to nip it in the bud before it got out of hand.

The mentality you speak of is necessary to drive change and will exist until such change occurs
I tend to be a bit in front of the curve than most people.

Ivan88
05-16-2015, 11:54 PM
“almost as many police officers died in accidents as were murdered in 2014. Out of 44 accidental deaths, 28 were car accidents. Of those 28, 15 were not wearing seatbelts.”

“With 51 officers killed and 1,000 citizens killed by cops (http://www.killedbypolice.net/kbp2014.html), citizens were murdered by police at 21.5 times the rate of officers in 2014. In other words, the number of police killed by citizens amounted to barely 5% of the total murders committed by police.
“The disparity is likely much greater. Since police are not required to report on who they kill, the numbers the federal government has are submitted voluntarily. Only 750 of 17,000 of local departments submit data (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/14/police-killings-data/14060357/). In 2013, this led to a monumental inaccuracy in statistics. As Reason (http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/09/more-than-1000-people-have-been-killed-b) summarized:
“The FBI’s statistics for 2013 say that law enforcement officers killed 461 people that year. Killedbypolice.net apparently got its start last year. Using their system of monitoring by news report, they have calculated that police actually killed748 people between May and December (http://www.killedbypolice.net/kbp2013.html). That’s 287 more than the FBI reports for the whole year.”
The 1,100 figure for 2014 is from the same independent aggregator of police murderers, aptly calledkilledbypolice.net (http://killedbypolice.net/). Even those numbers are not complete considering there is no central authority demanding full records from local police.””
http://www.blacklistednews.com/2014%3A_51_Cops_Killed_VS_1%2C100_Citizens_Killed_ by_Cops/43942/0/38/38/Y/M.html

Ivan88
06-07-2015, 03:15 PM
Not only do cops have a problem with not killing people, but prosecutors have a problem with lying, covering evidence, rigging evidence to frame innocent people.
ALL OF THE PROSECUTORS of Orange County California have been caught red handed falsifying evidence inorder to put innnocent people in prison.
ALL OF THE PROSECUTORS have been disqualified:

"Prosecutorial and police misconduct are often dismissed as just a few bad apples doing a few bad apple-ish things. But what happens when it’s entrenched and systemic and goes unchecked for years?

That looks to be the case in Orange County, California, where the situation got so completely out of hand this spring that Superior Court Judge Thomas Goethals issued an order disqualifying the entire Orange County District Attorney’s Office (http://www.latimes.com/local/orangecounty/la-me-jailhouse-snitch-20150313-story.html) (that’s all 250 prosecutors) from continuing to prosecute a major death penalty case."
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2015/05/orange_county_prosecutor_misconduct_judge_goethals _takes_district_attorney.html

If they do these crimes on murder cases, they do them on all cases.
The Prophet Daniel faced liar prosecutors too, when they had convicted Susanna of adultery and she was being led to slaughter.
He caught them in their lies, and the prosecutors were killed. See Duoay Bible, Daniel Chapter 13 http://www.usccb.org/bible/daniel/13

"They rose up against the two old men, for by their own words Daniel had convicted them of bearing false witness.
They condemned them to the fate they had planned for their neighbor:
In accordance with the law of Moses they put them to death. Thus was innocent blood spared that day."

SemiteArt
06-08-2015, 04:54 PM
I cant believe, is this real ?

GrassrootsConservative
06-08-2015, 04:55 PM
I cant believe, is this real ?

Yeah, it's real.

Welcome to the forum.

Ivan88
06-08-2015, 08:40 PM
If anyone is a cop, good or bad, consider that in the eyes of the big shots, cops are just soldiers, and here's what they think about You:

National policy or international policy, in the end there is no difference.

MisterVeritis
06-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Warning, graphic video:

2014? Awesome reporting.

GrassrootsConservative
06-08-2015, 09:22 PM
2014? Awesome reporting.

That's actually when this thread was made.

March of 2014.

MisterVeritis
06-09-2015, 09:25 AM
That's actually when this thread was made.

March of 2014.
Do we have no new murders to lament?

texan
06-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Warning, graphic video:

Didn't like it, unnecessary, but your retard comments are not very well thought out.....

Ethereal
11-16-2015, 03:12 AM
Didn't like it, unnecessary, but your retard comments are not very well thought out.....

Just once, I would like for an idiot such as yourself to actually explain why something is "retarded" instead of just asserting it.

donttread
11-16-2015, 08:29 AM
Did these pukes ever go to jail for this?