PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Udall 2 points in Colorado Senate race, Democratic poll shows

Professor Peabody
04-02-2014, 05:49 AM
Sen. Udall 2 points in Colorado Senate race, Democratic poll shows

By David Sherfinski - The Washington Times Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sen. Mark Udall, Colorado Democrat, is clinging to a 2-point lead in his re-election bid against GOP Rep. Cory Gardner, said a new survey from the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling (PPP).

Mr. Udall leads Mr. Gardner, 42 percent to 40 percent — well within the poll’s margin of error of plus or minus 4.1 percentage points. It’s PPP’s first poll that tests Mr. Udall in a match-up against Mr. Gardner, who recently entered the race; the first-term Democrat had a four-point lead in a match-up against Republican Ken Buck in December.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/19/sen-udall-2-points-colorado-senate-race-democratic/

Mr. Udall assumed office as a Senator in Jan 2009 and was in the House from 1999 to 2009. So don't feel bad for the Senator short timer, he's had as good a run any liberal Democrat should. Senator Udall supports Obama Care all the way, repeating what Politifacts called "The Lie of the Year".

SEN. MARK UDALL (D-CO): "If you have an insurance policy you like, doctor or medical facility that provides medical services to you, you'll be able to keep that doctor or that insurance policy. (FOX21 News interview (http://www.fox21news.com/news/story.aspx?id=345468#.UjuCrD_heac), 09.2009)

Senator Udall not only repeated the Lie of the Year, he voted for Obama Care in the first place.

Insurance companies are canceling health policies for nearly 250,000 Coloradans, many because of Affordable Care Act rules, a tally likely to inflame consumers upset with controversial reforms.

http://www.denverpost.com/politics/ci_24469353/obamacare-nearly-250-000-colorado-health-policies-canceled

Hey, 26 to 40 year old Coloradans this guy appears to support Obama while he delays the Obama Care mandate for Big Business, but none for you. Please remember the individual mandate fine isn't just $95 (no big deal), it's $95 OR 1% of your gross income which ever is HIGHER! That means if you make $26,000 this year, you'll owe $260 not $95. Vote this BOOB out of office.

Green Arrow
04-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Well, let's look at their pertinents.

Rep. Cory Gardner

Financing:

via OpenSecrets (http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.php?cid=N00030780):

~ 63% funded by PACs
~ 23% funded by individual contributions. 20% of those were large individual contributions, 2% were small individual contributions.
~ Top 5 Industry benefactors: Oil and Gas ($73,000), Retired ($42,805), Health Professionals ($37,200), Pharmaceuticals ($37,000), Entertainment ($36,500)
~ Top 5 Contributors: Anschutz Corp. ($10,400), CenturyLink ($10,000), Deere & Co. ($10,000), Express Scripts ($10,000), National Cattlemen's Beef Assn. ($10,000)

I don't know much about the NCBA, so I'll withhold judgement there until I know more, but so far, Rep. Gardner's money trail doesn't look positive.

Voting Record:

via VoteSmart (http://votesmart.org/candidate/30004/cory-gardner?categoryId=2&type=V,S,R,E,F,P#.UzwKVfldWSo):

He seems very staunchly anti-abortion, according to his voting record. In that list of "Yea" votes on pro-life bills is a bill he co-sponsored that would only allow abortion if the mother's life is at risk. On the campaign trail, however, he's now okay with abortion in cases of rape and incest. Flip-flop.

In 2010, Rep. Gardner backed a Colorado state ballot initiative that would have added a personhood amendment to the state constitution. 70% of Colorado voters opposed the initiative, so now on the campaign trail Rep. Gardner thinks that initiative and all others like it are irresponsible because they would block access to contraceptives. Flip-flop.

He signed Grover Norquist's anti-tax pledge. Campaign trail? He says he wouldn't sign it again if he had to. Flip-flop.

Against global warming, now he won't say his position.

Criticized the DREAM Act, now he won't be specific about his plans for immigration and won't speak for or against the DREAM Act.

When he met with a woman at a campaign stop who was on a breathing tube and told him she needed Medicaid, he said "We (America) have to protect Medicaid." Later, he voiced opposition to Colorado expanding Medicaid.

Flip, flip, flop.

So far, I'm not impressed. Let's look at his votes on key pieces of legislation regarding American civil liberties and reckless spending on foreign nations.

~ Voted "Yea" on the FISA Amendments Act of 2008, a bill that expanded and strengthened the surveillance state. FAIL
~ Voted "Yea" on the National Defense Authorization Act, which allows the President to use the military to arrest and indefinitely detain American citizens without trial. FAIL
~ Voted "Nay" to the amendment to the NDAA that would have stricken indefinite detention from the bill. FAIL
~ Voted "Yea" to the USA PATRIOT Act extension. FAIL
~ Voted "Yea" on several USA PATRIOT Act extensions. FAIL
~ Voted "Nay" on HB 1201, which would have required police to inform citizens of their right to refuse searches. FAIL

I could go on, but it doesn't get any better. Dude's another big government creep. Udall's votes on the same bills mentioned above were a hell of a lot more pro-civil liberties, which translates to anti-government. I'd vote for Udall just for that.

But, I'm not a Coloradoan, so I don't have to vote for either one.

Mainecoons
04-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Tweedle dum versus tweedle dee.

Green Arrow
04-02-2014, 08:43 AM
I will say, though, that Gardner's got extraordinary political acumen. The way he managed to single-handedly clear the contested GOP primary field so he could basically take the nomination unopposed was pure genius, and I respect that.

It's dirty as all hell, but a brilliant power play.

The Sage of Main Street
04-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Mr. Udall assumed office as a Senator in Jan 2009 and was in the House from 1999 to 2009. So don't feel bad for the Senator short timer, he's had as good a run any liberal Democrat should. Senator Udall supports Obama Care all the way, repeating what Politifacts called "The Lie of the Year".

Senator Udall not only repeated the Lie of the Year, he voted for Obama Care in the first place.

Hey, 26 to 40 year old Coloradans this guy appears to support Obama while he delays the Obama Care mandate for Big Business, but none for you. Please remember the individual mandate fine isn't just $95 (no big deal), it's $95 OR 1% of your gross income which ever is HIGHER! That means if you make $26,000 this year, you'll owe $260 not $95. Vote this BOOB out of office.

Whatever. The important point is that he's another Heirhead, the son of a candidate for the 1976 Democratic nomination and the nephew of a former Secretary of the Interior. We've got to outlaw this, or at least make people aware of the cancer of hereditary power. That would have meant voting for Satanorum against Hugh Casey, whose Daddy had been governor. But there's a better chance that an Heirhead will betray the people because he has nothing in common with real American.

Green Arrow
04-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Whatever. The important point is that he's another Heirhead, the son of a candidate for the 1976 Democratic nomination and the nephew of a former Secretary of the Interior. We've got to outlaw this, or at least make people aware of the cancer of hereditary power. That would have meant voting for Satanorum against Hugh Casey, whose Daddy had been governor. But there's a better chance that an Heirhead will betray the people because he has nothing in common with real American.

I prefer "Sanitarium" for Santorum, personally.

Professor Peabody
04-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Well, let's look at their pertinents.

I could go on, but it doesn't get any better. Dude's another big government creep. Udall's votes on the same bills mentioned above were a hell of a lot more pro-civil liberties, which translates to anti-government. I'd vote for Udall just for that.

But, I'm not a Coloradoan, so I don't have to vote for either one.

Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'

By Angie Drobnic Holan
Published on Thursday, December 12th, 2013 at 4:44 p.m.

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," President Barack Obama said -- many times -- of his landmark new law.

So this fall, as cancellation letters were going out to approximately 4 million Americans, the public realized Obama’s breezy assurances were wrong.

Boiling down the complicated health care law to a soundbite proved treacherous, even for its promoter-in-chief. Obama and his team made matters worse, suggesting they had been misunderstood all along. The stunning political uproar led to this: a rare presidential apology.

For all of these reasons, PolitiFact has named "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," the Lie of the Year for 2013.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/dec/12/lie-year-if-you-like-your-health-care-plan-keep-it/

I think 250,000 Coloradoan's who lost the health insurance they liked and could afford might differ with your opinion. For me this is the most major difference...............

SEN. MARK UDALL (D-CO): "If you have an insurance policy you like, doctor or medical facility that provides medical services to you, you'll be able to keep that doctor or that insurance policy." (FOX21 News interview (http://www.fox21news.com/news/story.aspx?id=345468#.UjuCrD_heac), 09.2009).

PolitiFact counted 37 times when the President said that and included no caveats. Udall like a big green partisan parrot just repeated that lie of the year. I think either he knew it and just didn't care or he's dumb as a bag of hammers, either way that excludes him from possessing any elected office.

It's just my opinion, but once a politician tells a proven lie, he/she has torn up their eligibility for office card.

Green Arrow
04-02-2014, 08:38 PM
I think 250,000 Coloradoan's who lost the health insurance they liked and could afford might differ with your opinion. For me this is the most major difference...............

SEN. MARK UDALL (D-CO): "If you have an insurance policy you like, doctor or medical facility that provides medical services to you, you'll be able to keep that doctor or that insurance policy." (FOX21 News interview (http://www.fox21news.com/news/story.aspx?id=345468#.UjuCrD_heac), 09.2009).

PolitiFact counted 37 times when the President said that and included no caveats. Udall like a big green partisan parrot just repeated that lie of the year. I think either he knew it and just didn't care or he's dumb as a bag of hammers, either way that excludes him from possessing any elected office.

It's just my opinion, but once a politician tells a proven lie, he/she has torn up their eligibility for office card.

Sorry, but if you vote for civil liberties, every other vote could be shit and I'm on your side. You vote against civil liberties, you could vote like Jesus and you're my enemy.

Freedom is everything.

Professor Peabody
04-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Sorry, but if you vote for civil liberties, every other vote could be shit and I'm on your side. You vote against civil liberties, you could vote like Jesus and you're my enemy.

Freedom is everything.

Lying to voters is freedom? Forcing people to buy health insurance is freedom? That's a new one on me.

texan
04-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Green Arrow who would you vote for that could actually get elected?

Peter1469
04-02-2014, 10:11 PM

Or, why vote for a tool that will only grow government?

Green Arrow
04-03-2014, 05:08 AM
Lying to voters is freedom? Forcing people to buy health insurance is freedom? That's a new one on me.

Lying is not freedom or lack thereof. Forcing people to buy insurance is not freedom, but so far, that's the only "un-free" position of Udall's I'm seeing.

I'd rather be forced to buy insurance than spied on, arrested and indefinitely detained without trial, brutalized by police without even being informed of my rights, etc. Being forced to buy insurance is a grain of sand on a beach of evil government encroachment that Gardner supported time and time again in the House, and Udall did not support in the Senate.

Green Arrow
04-03-2014, 05:10 AM

I would vote for whoever had the positions I care about and the record to prove it. If I lived in CO, that would mean Udall, unless a better third party candidate presented themselves, like Robert Sarvis in Virginia.

The Sage of Main Street
04-03-2014, 10:52 AM
I prefer "Sanitarium" for Santorum, personally. We have to change both sides of the equation. As long as we allow class privileges, class-climbers will be slavish and opportunistic no-talent brown-noses. But transfer the privileges to those with worth from those with birth and we will get somewhere.

patrickt
04-03-2014, 11:02 AM
I noticed Green Arrow went to great length and did research to post one candidates position. The other candidate, Green Arrow's choice, was covered with "pro civil liberties" and no citation. Apparently pro-civil liberties does not cover having a choice on insurance.

The Sage of Main Street
04-03-2014, 11:02 AM
I would vote for whoever had the positions I care about and the record to prove it. If I lived in CO, that would mean Udall, unless a better third party candidate presented themselves, like Robert Sarvis in Virginia.

As far as is practical, we, the people, not the legislators, should be the only ones to vote on the bills. That way you could vote with Udall on civil liberties but against him on Obamacare. You're not stuck with taking the bad with the good the way you are under this anti-democratic representative system. This is not self-government, it is government by self-centered know-it-alls.

Green Arrow
04-03-2014, 11:04 AM
I noticed Green Arrow went to great length and did research to post one candidates position. The other candidate, Green Arrow's choice, was covered with "pro civil liberties" and no citation. Apparently pro-civil liberties does not cover having a choice on insurance.

I didn't need to post Udall's information. By the time I finished Gardner's, it was clear to me that he was not someone I'd vote for. After that, it's just a simple matter of comparing Gardner's votes to Udall's on the issues that I find to be deal-breakers, and that's it.

Green Arrow
04-03-2014, 11:05 AM
As far as is practical, we, the people, not the legislators, should be the only ones to vote on the bills. That way you could vote with Udall on civil liberties but against him on Obamacare. You're not stuck with taking the bad with the good the way you are under this anti-democratic representative system. This is not self-government, it is government by self-centered know-it-alls.

I don't disagree at all.

Professor Peabody
04-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Lying is not freedom or lack thereof. Forcing people to buy insurance is not freedom, but so far, that's the only "un-free" position of Udall's I'm seeing.

I'd rather be forced to buy insurance than spied on, arrested and indefinitely detained without trial, brutalized by police without even being informed of my rights, etc. Being forced to buy insurance is a grain of sand on a beach of evil government encroachment that Gardner supported time and time again in the House, and Udall did not support in the Senate.

WASHINGTON — Democratic Sen. Mark Udall (http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/topic/sen-mark-udall/) on Thursday voted against National Security Agency reform legislation that prohibits some of the bulk collection of phone and email records, saying the proposals didn’t go far enough to deliver substantive reform of America’s spy agency. The proposal passed 11-4 out of the Committee. The vote breakdown wasn’t immediately released, though Udall’s office said in a statement he cast a vote against the bill, sponsored by chair California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/2013/10/31/sen-mark-udall-votes-against-democratic-led-nsa-reform-pushes-for-more-substance/102334/

How about now?

Green Arrow
04-04-2014, 05:38 AM
How about now?

He's right, it doesn't go far enough. It's not reform, because it still allows the NSA to spy on Americans and for the government to collect data, it just makes them go through an extra step first.

It's a token measure, kinda like the report Obama got on torture/indefinite detention. We need a bill that outlaws it completely.

zelmo1234
04-04-2014, 05:44 AM
We have to change both sides of the equation. As long as we allow class privileges, class-climbers will be slavish and opportunistic no-talent brown-noses. But transfer the privileges to those with worth from those with birth and we will get somewhere.

What was it that this was gong to do other than take all of the capital out of the economy again?

And I forget the reason that you have not been able to make it and just how those that inherit money have suppressed you again?

I think that it might be the fact that you don't want to work hard that is holding you back? But that is just my observations of most that want others to work hard and then give the fruits of their labor to them!

zelmo1234
04-04-2014, 05:46 AM

Excellent post