PDA

View Full Version : Honest Question on where we are 5 years later

texan
04-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Trying to keep it short and simple show where you are atin some core categories. I am not making this partisan because it takes all ofWashington. The only thing I do hold this administration for is saying theywould fix it all and champion the middle class, they haven't:

1. Groceries - Mine are up at least 34%. I have a program that I can run theYear over Year differences (YOY). =$204 more

2. Gasoline - Up from $2 to probably avg $3.25. YOY up 62%. = $450......3 cars(it drove me to by 20 plus MPG cars with one exception).

3. Healthcare - up $600 per year so far with comments that it may go up more. Referencingthe Cadillac Tax as an example. $50 more

4. Energy - I have gas and electric and its up some. But the competition onelectric has helped. I would say I am about even.

5. Water - up 10% - $15 more

6. Interest rates helped me save $125 on a refi.

7. Just a point that college tuitions have gone up substantially as well.

Wages:

I am upper middle class so I can absorb some of this, but I live modestly. I amnot a big spender and am a budget hawk.

My wages are down a little, but my wife's wages are up so we are about thesame. I will say the wages are flat in the market.

Total rise in costs:

1. $204
2. $450
3. $50
4. $0
5. $15
6. -$125

Total: $594 ding ($7,128 over the year) Unbelievable and they want more.

What are yours?

Neither party is helping the Middle carry this burden of HC and taxes. Theyhave it so rigged tax wise for the rich its unbelievable. I can't right offthings that are legit because I make too much, the wealthy hit these triggers.

zelmo1234
04-04-2014, 09:08 AM
You are totally correct that it has taken both parties to cause this and it will take both parties in the future to actually fix the problem?

However' both of the parties are not interested in tackling the tuff issues of debt and deficit spending and economic growth.

The decisions that are required to be made are difficult and will be unpopular, but are the best thing for the country, and out of the 537 leaders that we have in DC, there are not more than a dozen that would be willing to make these decisions.

As long as they are printing money, and increasing the national debt, Inflation will continue to be a problem. They keep telling you that there is ot inflation because the areas that are going up???? They keep taking out of the equation!

healthcare costs are just getting started, and are likely to take massive jumps as the ACA continues to be not all that was promised! If the real numbers are a good as the Democrats say, there will still have to be increases in premiums and with the reductions in reimbursement rates, Doctors and hospitals are likely going to have massive increases in the cost of treatment as well.

However' if they are as Bad as Republicans say they are, then the premium increases are likely to be in the 40% range, which will be catastrophic to the economy as nearly all disposable income will be eaten up by insurance costs.

So the real answer likely lies through the trials and tribulations of insolvency, when the political leaders will no longer be able to lie to the American people! Then after about 30 years of pure hell and despair we will once again emerge as a nation will a sound physical and monetary policy!

Peter1469
04-04-2014, 10:15 AM
I don't pay much attention to spending, so I am not sure about any of those categories other than health care. I went from rarely seeing a doctor to my insurance company spending tens of thousands on me the last 4 months. I even got a call from the insurance company over it.

Newpublius
04-04-2014, 10:17 AM
You ok, peter? Hope all is well.

Peter1469
04-04-2014, 10:31 AM
You ok, peter? Hope all is well.

It seems to be under control now.

texan
04-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Nobody has and costs of living numbers?

Good to hear you're OK.

I suspect that the middle is so squeezed its ridiculous.
RS

darroll
04-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Trying to keep it short and simple show where you are atin some core categories. I am not making this partisan because it takes all ofWashington. The only thing I do hold this administration for is saying theywould fix it all and champion the middle class, they haven't:

1. Groceries - Mine are up at least 34%. I have a program that I can run theYear over Year differences (YOY). =$204 more

2. Gasoline - Up from $2 to probably avg $3.25. YOY up 62%. = $450......3 cars(it drove me to by 20 plus MPG cars with one exception).

3. Healthcare - up $600 per year so far with comments that it may go up more. Referencingthe Cadillac Tax as an example. $50 more

4. Energy - I have gas and electric and its up some. But the competition onelectric has helped. I would say I am about even.

Wages:

I am upper middle class so I can absorb some of this, but I live modestly. I amnot a big spender and am a budget hawk.

My wages are down a little, but my wife's wages are up so we are about thesame. I will say the wages are flat in the market.

Total rise in costs:

1. $204
2. $450
3. $50
4. $0
5. $15
6. -$125

What are yours?

Neither party is helping the Middle carry this burden of HC and taxes. Theyhave it so rigged tax wise for the rich its unbelievable. I can't right offthings that are legit because I make too much, the wealthy hit these triggers.
This is one reason the gay issue comes up so much. Look over there, bigot.

texan
04-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Not sure what that means.

Peter1469
04-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Nobody has and costs of living numbers?

Good to hear you're OK.

I suspect that the middle is so squeezed its ridiculous.
RS

Sorry, I don't keep track. I worked hard (after high school) to get into the position where I didn't have to balance my checkbook any longer. To be fair, I don't have kids- that would certainly change things for me.

texan
04-04-2014, 02:06 PM
I am in a great position too but I do watch my checkbook......too many kids you know.

Upon further review, I guess the gay comment was along the lines of washington using misdirection.

Matty
04-04-2014, 02:20 PM

Wages:

Total rise in costs:

1. $204
2. $450
3. $50
4. $0
5. $15
6. -$125

What are yours?

You know what I think we've lost more than any material thing? Morale! And Hope!

Ransom
04-04-2014, 07:44 PM
I don't have kids- that would certainly change things for me.

It changes everything

Bob
04-04-2014, 08:38 PM

texan
04-07-2014, 09:32 AM
No wonder the countries finances are in the toilet. No one has any idea of what they pay. Not really that surprising. It's either that or the liberal side won't comment because politics is more important than the middle class. These rising costs are a simple fact of life for most, its been going on for years not just when Obama took over. But he and the dems claim to be this champion for the middle class and they are simply full of BS.

Captain Obvious
04-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Cigar ???

http://charts.gasbuddy.com/ch.gaschart?Country=Canada&Crude=f&Period=60&Areas=USA%20Average,,&Unit=US%20$/G

nathanbforrest45
04-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Not sure what that means.

What he means is the Democrats are doing what the Democrats do best, deflect from the real issue of a downward spiraling economy to the non issue of "bigots" against one or more groups.

Ransom
04-07-2014, 11:48 AM

That is f'n classic.