PDA

View Full Version : Chicago PD: 1st Amend rights can be terminated if you're creating a scene or whatever

Conley
03-19-2012, 09:27 AM
"What upset me about last night was this was not an active crime scene," Ponce said on WLS Radio. "This is in front of a hospital. The reporters and photographers were standing on the median sidewalk when the officer started yelling at us, telling us to get further away. We decided to take a stand."

Police held Williams and Ponce for about 10 minutes. The officer who handcuffed them is recorded on camera warning members of the media that their First Amendment rights could be terminated.

"Your First Amendment rights can be terminated if you're creating a scene or whatever," the officer said.

When asked how they were creating a scene, the officer said, "Your presence is creating a scene."

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chicago-Police-Take-NBC-Chicago-Photojournalist-Into-Custody-Warn-1st-Amendment-Rights-Can-Be-Terminated-143105086.html#ixzz1pZZXjHmW

Wow MMC, guess you weren't kidding about cops there.

Conley
03-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Wow, check out the video...I thought that dude was a rent-a-cop. Nope, one of Chicago's finest. He can barely form complete sentences.

Mister D
03-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Wow, check out the video...I thought that dude was a rent-a-cop. Nope, one of Chicago's finest. He can barely form complete sentences.

Somehow that's not surprising.

Peter1469
03-19-2012, 09:51 AM
I bet the other cops were thinking that this wasn't a good idea, but they had to back up their buddy. This guy should be put on traffic duty full time. He doesn't have enough brains to exercise discretion.

Conley
03-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Somehow that's not surprising.

Our cops here generally seem really good to me, both from my personal interactions and from seeing them on news reports. I think they get paid a lot and have really generous pensions (maybe too much) so I guess that might be part of it - they can afford to take the more competent candidates.

Mister D
03-19-2012, 10:00 AM
The cops around here are relatively well paid but many of them seem to be meatheads. Plus, you have to get strings pulled to get a job in one of these local departments.

Conley
03-19-2012, 10:00 AM
I bet the other cops were thinking that this wasn't a good idea, but they had to back up their buddy. This guy should be put on traffic duty full time. He doesn't have enough brains to exercise discretion.

Yep. This is going to cause some problems for that district PD too, the guy's badge was filmed and now the commander is getting to deal with all the complaints.

MMC
03-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Think that one is something they had some Cop beat up this bartender chick. They had video tape and everything. Which he was clearly drunk and also out of uniform. He punched her, threw her, and then kicked her. All because she wouldn't serve him anymore booze. He got suspended and moved to another dept.

MMC
03-19-2012, 10:41 AM
When we were kids growing up cops didn't arrest us for stupid shit. Like say hanging out on the playground after 11 pm at nite. out past curfew and whatnot. if they caught us, they would walk up, with the one who ususally knew everybody and their parents. he would walk up and say. How many times did i tell you kids not to be hanging out in my park after 11 pm at night. He would then proceed to put on his black leather gloves. All the while talking making sure you would see each hand go into the glove. Talking about Didn't I warn you guys just a couple of days ago.

You cmon here.....isn't your dad so and so. Well you can tell him, (first name of your dad) that Officer Thomas here put his foot off into your azz. Which then he would smack ya one upside the head, telling you i aint got time to be sitting in a police station doing paperwork over some kids who refuse to listen to what they are told. Now get your azz out of here and if i catch you again, i'm gonna pull ya dad over for speeding wherein we will have a little talk about you. (gulp- :shocked:)

My step-dad was a biker. Needless to say we quit hanging out at that playground park at night after 11pm. :cry:

Mister D
03-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Think that one is something they had some Cop beat up this bartender chick. They had video tape and everything. Which he was clearly drunk and also out of uniform. He punched her, threw her, and then kicked her. All because she wouldn't serve him anymore booze. He got suspended and moved to another dept.

That just happened to me too. They only had the 12 year single malt and I was looking for the 16. Man, I flipped. :undecided:

MMC
03-19-2012, 11:30 AM
That just happened to me too. They only had the 12 year single malt and I was looking for the 16. Man, I flipped. :undecided:

:smiley_bar:

Hope ya can go back to that bar.....it's all good if ya don't have to take the bartender home with ya. :wink:

Mister D
03-19-2012, 06:13 PM
The bartender at my Friday night joint is adorable. She's a hot 22 year old who I very much appreciate. :grin:

Conley
03-21-2012, 05:52 PM
This is how you protest against cops. :roflmao:

http://i.imgur.com/QZI5h.jpg

Yep, that's a donut on a stick. :laugh:

Stoney
03-21-2012, 05:58 PM
I'll bet Holder is heading for the nearest flight as I post this to protect the 1st Amendment.

MMC
03-21-2012, 06:06 PM
What only one? That shiznit won't work with Chicago Cops.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4596886806528678&id=8827b3579b5a67c7642c45604ffb6974&url=http%3a%2f%2ffarm4.staticflickr.com%2f3536%2f3 792497185_3e0934cccf.jpg

Now you know why Chicago Cops shoot first and ask questions later. :wink:

Conley
03-21-2012, 06:07 PM
That's an embarrassment. I can see why shooting is the only option because running someone down isn't going to happen.

Conley
03-21-2012, 06:10 PM
I'll bet Holder is heading for the nearest flight as I post this to protect the 1st Amendment.

No doubt as a defender of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights he'll jump right on this.

MMC
03-21-2012, 06:42 PM
That's an embarrassment. I can see why shooting is the only option because running someone down isn't going to happen.

Yeah when we were kids couple gang-ways thru some houses out to the alley over a fence wth no visual cover, over the other fence into tht yard out the front across the street thru another yard and out into that alley and over another fence which then we can check out the lay of the land. :f_run: :blob10: :sofa:

Mister D
03-21-2012, 06:57 PM
What only one? That shiznit won't work with Chicago Cops.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4596886806528678&id=8827b3579b5a67c7642c45604ffb6974&url=http%3a%2f%2ffarm4.staticflickr.com%2f3536%2f3 792497185_3e0934cccf.jpg

Now you know why Chicago Cops shoot first and ask questions later. :wink:

I don't care how old you are or that you no longer work a beat. It looks bad. They should have higher standards.

Conley
03-21-2012, 06:59 PM
It's completely unacceptable. The officer in the first post was overweight as well.

Mister D
03-21-2012, 07:11 PM
It's completely unacceptable. The officer in the first post was overweight as well.

It inspires contempt rather than indifference let alone respect.

Conley
03-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Agreed. If you don't respect yourself how can you expect others to respect you?