PDA

View Full Version : Will They Quit Whining Now?

patrickt
04-05-2014, 07:08 AM
"Problems getting judges confirmed by the Senate have been a constant complaint for this White House — but this week, President Barack Obama’s aides are celebrating a confirmation count that outpaces President George W. Bush’s."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/barack-obama-george-w-bush-judge-confirmations-105388.html#ixzz2y0rWBWCQ

Will the liberals quit whining about the poor baby not getting any love?

Of course, if President Obama insists on nominating communists or people who's only qualification is race it might turn sour again. It goes without saying that everyone he nominates will be a firm believer in "disparate results"...when it's convenient.

Peter1469
04-05-2014, 08:27 AM
I have not paid attention to the district level nomination process. So I don't know that Obama is nominating unqualified people. But at least through November, the Senate is controlled by the democrats.

Kabuki Joe
04-05-2014, 08:31 AM
I have not paid attention to the district level nomination process. So I don't know that Obama is nominating unqualified people. But at least through November, the Senate is controlled by the democrats.

...ok, so what's a qualified person?...and what makes that person qualified?...depends on who you are, and who they are...it's all about bias...

patrickt
04-05-2014, 08:43 AM
In my opinion, believing in disparate results is sufficient to make a person unqualified. Consider AG Eric Holder's demand that school quit punishing black kids in numbers disproportionate to their population. He doesn't care about behavior. That's not his concern. All that is his concern is race. He isn't even concerned about the disparate results of blacks as victims of homicides.

I want to eliminate disparate results for people convicted of rape. Do you realize that over 99% are male.Totally disparate when you consider males are a minority in the population. And, how about the disparate results in life expectancy? Totally out of whack with women living significantly longer than men.

Of course, disparate results are the province of liberal racists and sexists only.

Peter1469
04-05-2014, 09:09 AM
...ok, so what's a qualified person?...and what makes that person qualified?...depends on who you are, and who they are...it's all about bias...

For a federal district judge position qualified would be a good lawyer with a solid reputation, strong academic background, and the temperament to work with both sides (i.e. defense / prosecution; plaintiff counsel / defense counsel).

Unqualified would be political whores, lawyers with a poor reputation for professionalism and honesty.

Green Arrow
04-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Depends. Will you? If you won't, I don't think you can count on them not.

Matty
04-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Democrats whine even when they win!

patrickt
04-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Depends. Will you? If you won't, I don't think you can count on them not.

I'm not surprised you don't know what a whine is. A drunk who shits in his pants can't figure out where the smell comes from either.

Kabuki Joe
04-05-2014, 09:45 AM
For a federal district judge position qualified would be a good lawyer with a solid reputation, strong academic background, and the temperament to work with both sides (i.e. defense / prosecution; plaintiff counsel / defense counsel).

Unqualified would be political whores, lawyers with a poor reputation for professionalism and honesty.

...I'm not worried about the individual themself, I'm worried about the person that makes the call to put this person in the position...Sotomayor was pushed into the spot for political reason...her whole life was for political reasons...

Peter1469
04-05-2014, 09:48 AM
I am worried about the nominees. Get enough political whores into district court judge positions and you will end up with a destroyed federal level justice system.