PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Governor Signs Virginia Ultrasound Bill.....

MMC
03-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Amid continued protests from Democrats, Republican Governor Bob McDonnell on Wednesday signed into law a controversial bill requiring Virginia women to undergo an ultrasound procedure prior to having an abortion.
In a statement Wednesday, McDonnell reiterated his support for the bill, which he argues will provide additional information that "can help the mother make a fully informed decision" about having an abortion.
"This bill does not legally alter a woman's ability to make a choice regarding her pregnancy," the statement said. "It does, however, put Virginia in line with 23 other states that have some type of requirement that a woman be offered a view of an ultrasound before an abortion can be performed."

According to a study by the Guttmacher institute (http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_RFU.pdf), Virginia will become the eighth state to require medical providers to administer ultrasounds on women before performing abortions. In Texas, the provider must also display and describe the image of the ultrasound.

"The overwhelming public response to the radical agenda that Republican extremists in Richmond and in Washington are trying to force on American families has left many right-wing politicians looking for a way to dodge accountability for their actions -- until they can find away to change the subject," said Brian Moran, chairman of the Virginia Democratic Party, in a statement. "Will you contribute $20, $50 or $100 to the Democratic Party of Virginia today and help us hold them accountable?"

"This law is a victory for women and their unborn children. We thank Gov. McDonnell and Virginia's pro-life legislators for their work to ensure that women have all the facts and will no longer be kept in the dark about their pregnancies," said the conservative Family Research Council President Tony Perkins in a statement.
He added: "Ultrasounds are vitally important to doctors when determining the health of an unborn baby. Women considering whether to have an abortion should be just as informed as doctors about the child they are carrying. This law ensures that they are."
The issue has taken on national prominence in light of the recent controversy and become a talking point for Virginia Democratic Senate candidate Tim Kaine, who has repeatedly blasted the legislation as an attack on women.

The bill is slated to go into effect on July 1.....snip~

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57392796-503544/virginia-gov-bob-mcdonnell-signs-virginia-ultrasound-bill/
<<<<< More here!

What do women have to say? Both sides of that aisle? Although I think someone should mention to Kaine that when he changes his sex. Then he can speak out so vehemently about such!!!!!

This is how the bullshit gets put out there and then the media lets him get away with such. An attack on women?

Conley
03-19-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't think it's a necessary medical procedure. If the fetus is large enough to be significant on ultrasound then there are bigger problems there. If we're talking something microscopic then it's not going to show up on an ultrasound anyway. IMO this is political grandstanding. I have had enough of government getting involved in all these issues. The only reason McDonnell, Kaine and the others are beating this drum from both sides is to get votes in the next election.

MMC
03-19-2012, 11:42 PM
I don't think it's a necessary medical procedure. If the fetus is large enough to be significant on ultrasound then there are bigger problems there. If we're talking something microscopic then it's not going to show up on an ultrasound anyway. IMO this is political grandstanding. I have had enough of government getting involved in all these issues. The only reason McDonnell, Kaine and the others are beating this drum from both sides is to get votes in the next election.

Plus, I think McDonnell is one of Romneys top picks for VP if not a cabinet postion. I would like to hear from women on the issue. Both sides of the coin so to speak.

Conley
03-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Right, I hear you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for abortion, just for less government interference.

MMC
03-19-2012, 11:52 PM
What bothers me is the left pushing that issue of it is a war on women. Which lets hear from the women on that. I can see the point of producing an image to those that are going to get an abortion. So that they have more insight as to the life they are about to destroy. Those who knowingly know what they are doing. Not with some unusual and unfortunate circumstances.

Then look at the Demos repsonse to people. Send us money to fight this and keep them accountable???:wtf20:

But then I don't think a woman who was raped should even have to go thru anything like this.

Conley
03-20-2012, 12:02 AM
The left side says it's a war on women, the right side says it's a war on children...what it really is, IMO is a war where the government is trying to become even more powerful than it already is. They get people up in arms over very personal issues as a way of getting people to choose one side or another - it's another way to brainwash people into picking Democrat or Republican. They do this with all sorts of personal stuff like religion, etc. The end result is no one looks at what the government is doing overall.

MMC
03-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I know the political debate. Which is why women pols need to take the lead on this and tell all these guys to STFU. As there is no War on Women here in the US. Nor is there a War on Children.

Stoney
03-20-2012, 08:15 AM
I agree that its not and should not be a government issue, surely not at the federal level.

MMC
03-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Even if it wasn't on a Federal level. I still wouldn't say there is some sort of War on Women in America.

Mister D
03-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Same old rhetoric. Wars on women, blacks, Hispanics etc

MMC
03-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Prager was talking about this and how far liberalism has gone off the deep end. That there is always a War on something with them. The War on Drugs, The War on Hunger, The War on Poverty, The War on the Middle-Class, and now they are calling out a War on Women.

Today the Catholic Activist Priest in Chicago Father Flager was running around and calling the shootings we have been experiencing with all this warm weather. Calling it Genocide. Complaining about guns and gangs.
What amazes me is that the Catholic Church says nothing to him about all the activism he is involved with. Especially with many issues that the Demos are all on about.

Conley
03-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah I read about all the shootings in Chicago lately. Bad stuff going down. You think the weather has something to do with it? Everyone being outside again?

Mister D
03-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Flager is a radical and should be defrocked.

MMC
03-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah I read about all the shootings in Chicago lately. Bad stuff going down. You think the weather has something to do with it? Everyone being outside again?

Nah.....we just getting started. Amping things up for the summertime festivities. Then at the end of the Summer the Blues Fest will come about. Everybody will chill out and reflect for a day or two. That following Monday. Right back to buisness. We will get the spike right before snow falls. Then on Christmas eve, the usual will take place. Some more shootings over last items being bought out. Then a half a day of rest for New Years Day.(cuz they all be sleeping from the night before) Then it's bring in the New Year! :wink:

MMC
03-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Flager is a radical and should be defrocked.

Its like the Arch bishop kisses his azz or something. They were going to move him. Then Flager spoke out, the rain poured in and the cries of woe rang all the way down to Jesse Jackson's ears. So he then had to come out and speak up for Flager. Next thing ya knows. The Bish, drop the matter with some explanation on how it was all a formality.

Course he is also an Obamaton.

2Ts
03-29-2012, 09:37 PM
lets see, a private legal medical procedure that I as a consenting adult (and fully aware that I am in fact pregnant and what that means) decide to seek. But the government of my state decided to shame and humiliate me for my decision to seek that legal procedure, by requiring my doctor preform an unnecessary test and bill me for it.

Meanwhile arguing against the ACA
government will have “limitless power,” Cuccinelli said in an exclusive interview. “That’s why I often tell people this case is about liberty not healthcare.

“If they can order you to buy this product, they can order you to buy any product.”

thank you Kenny!

dadakarma
03-29-2012, 09:44 PM
The left side says it's a war on women, the right side says it's a war on children...what it really is, IMO is a war where the government is trying to become even more powerful than it already is. They get people up in arms over very personal issues as a way of getting people to choose one side or another - it's another way to brainwash people into picking Democrat or Republican. They do this with all sorts of personal stuff like religion, etc. The end result is no one looks at what the government is doing overall.

It's called a wedge issue. The Democrats don't trot out abortion at election time; the Right does. They know it will rally the Christians and get them to vote Republican.

dadakarma
03-29-2012, 09:50 PM
lets see, a private legal medical procedure that I as a consenting adult (and fully aware that I am in fact pregnant and what that means) decide to seek. But the government of my state decided to shame and humiliate me for my decision to seek that legal procedure, by requiring my doctor preform an unnecessary test and bill me for it.

Meanwhile arguing against the ACA

thank you Kenny!
[/COLOR][/LEFT]

But 2Ts - women NEED someone to tell them how they should feel about their decisions. The doctor is 'helping' the woman choosing an abortion to feel appropriately bad about her decision.

How about the proposal in Kansas (and now also Arizona) to give doctors the right to LIE to a woman about her pregnancy in order to prevent an abortion?

2Ts
03-30-2012, 03:56 PM
But 2Ts - women NEED someone to tell them how they should feel about their decisions. The doctor is 'helping' the woman choosing an abortion to feel appropriately bad about her decision.

How about the proposal in Kansas (and now also Arizona) to give doctors the right to LIE to a woman about her pregnancy in order to prevent an abortion?

those bills are especially problematic, not only are you paying for a test to determine the health and growth of your baby but you aren't guaranteed that that you will learn the true results of those tests. Being informed of a birth defect can give parents time to research the details of what to expect, read up on expected medical care and yes if you aren't making a million a year in speaking fees and can't afford round the clock nursing for a baby with trisomy,, its still a legal option to abort.

NH was trying to institute criminal charges against Doctors who didn't assert that abortion causes breast cancer (something that medicine has no proof of)

no war on woman hey?

dadakarma
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM
those bills are especially problematic, not only are you paying for a test to determine the health and growth of your baby but you aren't guaranteed that that you will learn the true results of those tests. Being informed of a birth defect can give parents time to research the details of what to expect, read up on expected medical care and yes if you aren't making a million a year in speaking fees and can't afford round the clock nursing for a baby with trisomy,, its still a legal option to abort.

NH was trying to institute criminal charges against Doctors who didn't assert that abortion causes breast cancer (something that medicine has no proof of)

no war on woman hey?

You're just being hysterical. LOL

It's a little frightening that this caveman mentality is actually gaining traction. I thought we'd grown beyond this insanity but there's no reason to rise above it, especially when it rallies the Christians to vote Republican.

Mister D
03-30-2012, 07:36 PM
You're just being hysterical. LOL

It's a little frightening that this caveman mentality is actually gaining traction. I thought we'd grown beyond this insanity but there's no reason to rise above it, especially when it rallies the Christians to vote Republican.

Liberal women do have a tendency toward hysteria.

You don't like Christians much, huh?

dadakarma
03-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Liberal women do have a tendency toward hysteria.

You don't like Christians much, huh?

Where do I say I don't like Christians? As soon as you can cite that post where I say I don't like Christians, I'll discuss it with you. ;)

Mister D
03-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Where do I say I don't like Christians? As soon as you can cite that post where I say I don't like Christians, I'll discuss it with you. ;)

I simply asked you a question. It's OK if you suddenly realize how silly your bigotry makes you look.

dadakarma
03-30-2012, 07:50 PM
I simply asked you a question. It's OK if you suddenly realize how silly your bigotry makes you look.

And it's perfectly okay if you don't realize how ridiculously desperate you look when you try to bait me with bullshit.

Mister D
03-30-2012, 07:54 PM
And it's perfectly okay if you don't realize how ridiculously desperate you look when you try to bait me with bullshit.

Bait? You mentioned religion more than once. I asked a perfectly reasonable question. You really don;t seem to like Christians much. If you'd rather not answer, OK. On the other hand, if you don't like being asked you probably shouldn't bring it up.

ramone
03-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Bait? You mentioned religion more than once. I asked a perfectly reasonable question. You really don;t seem to like Christians much. If you'd rather not answer, OK. On the other hand, if you don't like being asked you probably shouldn't bring it up.

Can't please them all D, I'm not big on people who push Jesus and God on me but i'm open for debate on the subject. Seems this one is dead set on being mentality challenged

MMC
03-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Can't please them all D, I'm not big on people who push Jesus and God on me but i'm open for debate on the subject. Seems this one is dead set on being mentality challenged

Looks like there is more than just one Ramone. :wink:

Mister D
03-30-2012, 08:36 PM

No one pushed Jesus or God on either of you. Just curious as to why she has mentioned religion (by which we all know she means Christianity) so often. Ah well. She seems to have run off anyway.

2Ts
03-30-2012, 10:08 PM

said the poster with an avatar of the POTUS with a giant condom photoshopped onto his head... I can't make this stuff up!

Mister D
03-30-2012, 10:10 PM
said the poster with an avatar of the POTUS with a giant condom photoshopped onto his head... I can't make this stuff up!

Did you get all upset at the various depictions of George Bush?

2Ts
03-30-2012, 10:26 PM

are you trying to say I'm upset now? dude, ... the irony of the statement with the picture was funny

why do you think you are so amazing in your knowledge and understanding of me (after an incredibly short 2 days membership) that you ignore what I write and just write ridiculous unrelated stuff?

are you the self appointed community watch here, stalking ppl and making strange accusations? why do I always run into someone like you at every political board... let me guess, after accusing me of "melting down", you soon resort to writing out baby talk and using stupid nick names for all your enemies????

dadakarma
03-30-2012, 10:30 PM
are you trying to say I'm upset now? dude, ... the irony of the statement with the picture was funny

why do you think you are so amazing in your knowledge and understanding of me (after an incredibly short 2 days membership) that you ignore what I write and just write ridiculous unrelated stuff?

are you the self appointed community watch here, stalking ppl and making strange accusations? why do I always run into someone like you at every political board... let me guess, after accusing me of "melting down", you soon resort to writing out baby talk and using stupid nick names for all your enemies????

There is a familiarity to the tactics, isn't there? Rest assured, it isn't who you think it is.

They just all use the same script and sparse toolbox. ;)

2Ts
03-30-2012, 10:36 PM
its definitely a shared deficiency. and no, I'll leave accusing ppl of being socks to others with amazing IQs

MMC
03-30-2012, 11:03 PM
There is a familiarity to the tactics, isn't there? Rest assured, it isn't who you think it is.

Seems there is always familiarity to the tactics. Just like the rolling in and starting off the same way they always do. Same script, sparse toolbox, yet most of all a light left on with nobody home. Nothing New, not even with the changing of their name. In with the tag team and looking for the save. :wink:

Mister D
03-31-2012, 12:23 PM

What did I write that was ridiculous or unrelated? Please be specific and explain yourself. I'll wait. =)

Stalking? :laugh: Get over yourself, sweetie. If you don't want responses to your illogical arguments and baseless accusations then don't bother posting.

Mister D
03-31-2012, 12:25 PM

Bump for 2Ts. You seem to have a problem with unflattering depictions of Obama. I asked you if you got upset at the various depictions of George Bush. Your reluctance to answer that question doesn't say much for your credibility.

Mister D
03-31-2012, 12:27 PM

Rest assured, message board conspiracies are a sure sign of a loon. :wink:

2Ts
03-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Bump for 2Ts. You seem to have a problem with unflattering depictions of Obama. I asked you if you got upset at the various depictions of George Bush. Your reluctance to answer that question doesn't say much for your credibility.

I was laughing at the funny picture..isn't it supposed to be funny, I mean nobody is really claiming that he wears a rubber on his head are they? btw, example of writing weird stuff, yeah that's it... you can also look at your responses to me in the Zimmerman thread,,, writing about "her and her friends" and writing about wanting "Zim Zim killed" when I said "justice should be served what ever the outcome maybe"

I don't know what "her and her friends" is supposed to mean or why anyone is calling George Zimmerman "Zim Zim" ??? or when I called for vigilantism against anyone... I don't have a problem with photo shopped pictures of any potus as forms forms of speech and would never argue against a person's right to political dissent and free speech

Mister D
03-31-2012, 12:51 PM
I was laughing at the funny picture..isn't it supposed to be funny, I mean nobody is really claiming that he wears a rubber on his head are they? btw, example of writing weird stuff, yeah that's it... you can also look at your responses to me in the Zimmerman thread,,, writing about "her and her friends" and writing about wanting "Zim Zim killed" when I said "justice should be served what ever the outcome maybe"

I don't know what "her and her friends" is supposed to mean or why anyone is calling George Zimmerman "Zim Zim" ??? or when I called for vigilantism against anyone... I don't have a problem with photo shopped pictures of any potus as forms forms of speech and would never argue against a person's right to political dissent and free speech

Yes, it is funny. Glad to hear you have no problems with "funny" depictions of Obama. Please, lets remember you said that. :grin:

You aren't friends with dada and dagdy or whatever that lunatic's screen name is? They made the exact same ill-informed and outrageous arguments you did with regard to that case. Secondly, "Zim Zim" as I explained twice to you now is the pet name your friends (you are friend's with those two, right?) have for the man they argued should be murdered.

No one suggested you were against their right to have such an avatar.

Mister D
03-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Here is the exchange:

It sure sounds like you have a negative attitude with regard to his avatar. Yes, so said the poster with a pic of BO with a condom on his head for an avatar. What are you trying to get at, 2Ts? :grin:

2Ts
03-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Yes, it is funny. Glad to hear you have no problems with "funny" depictions of Obama. Please, lets remember you said that. :grin:

You aren't friends with dada and dagdy or whatever that lunatic's screen name is? They made the exact same ill-informed and outrageous arguments you did with regard to that case. Secondly, "Zim Zim" as I explained twice to you now is the pet name your friends (you are friend's with those two, right?) have for the man they argued should be murdered.

I was invited here by Dsolo who told me this was a forum with conservatives who could discuss issues and put up thought provoking debate... I'm beginning to wonder if he was talking about you at all

2Ts
03-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Here is the exchange:

posting as an avatar (users visual ID) with a condom on its head and stating someone else is dead set on being mentality challenged

It sure sounds like you have a negative attitude with regard to his avatar. Yes, so said the poster with a pic of BO with a condom on his head for an avatar. What are you trying to get at, 2Ts? :grin:

I found it funny, I'm sorry you can't grasp that, but humor is very individual so be it... where you go off on some weird tangent of my being upset and try to claim it was political and paint me as some nut who had different standards for Bush or any other POTUS... you look a nutz

Mister D
03-31-2012, 01:44 PM
I was invited here by Dsolo who told me this was a forum with conservatives who could discuss issues and put up thought provoking debate... I'm beginning to wonder if he was talking about you at all

Dsolo doesn't seem to have brought anyone here that is at his level. Just some irrational liberals who think asking them questions and calling them out their absurd statements constitutes harassment. Hey, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Mister D
03-31-2012, 01:45 PM
I found it funny, I'm sorry you can't grasp that, but humor is very individual so be it... where you go off on some weird tangent of my being upset and try to claim it was political and paint me as some nut who had different standards for Bush or any other POTUS... you look a nutz

Sorry, but it really doesn't sound like you find his avatar particularly amusing. Secondly, I asked you a reasonable question. You refuse to answer it. That speaks volumes about your credibility.

dadakarma
03-31-2012, 01:46 PM
I didn't see Dagny or 2Ts say anything about harassment. And I certainly haven't. More fabricated garbage, I guess it's something we need to get used to from you, Mister D.

Why do you keep showing people the door? I'm sure they'll leave if they want to. Doesn't look like they want to. Oh, well. :)

Mister D
03-31-2012, 01:56 PM
I didn't see Dagny or 2Ts say anything about harassment. And I certainly haven't. More fabricated garbage, I guess it's something we need to get used to from you, Mister D.

Why do you keep showing people the door? I'm sure they'll leave if they want to. Doesn't look like they want to. Oh, well. :)

I did, granny! :grin:

...are you the self appointed community watch here, stalking ppl and making strange accusations

Whoops! You even responded to her post! Put your glasses on, old lady.

MMC
03-31-2012, 02:24 PM
I did, granny! :grin:

I have noticed this D.....it's like everytime there is a response to another then this one comes in speaking for the other.

:wtf20: must be the Collective Consciousness. I hear the Borg and an Amoeba are all into that.

2Ts
03-31-2012, 02:42 PM
I have noticed this D.....it's like everytime there is a response to another then this one comes in speaking for the other.

:wtf20: must be the Collective Consciousness. I hear the Borg and an Amoeba are all into that.

its a discussion forum right,,, ppl usually respond to posts either in agreement or disagreement, like you just agreed with MisterD here. is that mean something too, other than you are like minded on this particular subject? so? now you feel it has some horrible connotation that you labeled for what purpose? Dada agreed with me at some point... but she's right I never claimed to be harassed just that MrD seemed familiar in his responses to me,, just that I was seeing a pattern I have seen before. its tiresome and doesn't promote open healthy discussions of issues.

Mister D
03-31-2012, 02:44 PM
its a discussion forum right,,, ppl usually respond to posts either in agreement or disagreement, like you just agreed with MisterD here. is that mean something too, other than you are like minded on this particular subject? so? now you feel it has some horrible connotation that you labeled for what purpose? Dada agreed with me at some point... but she's right I never claimed to be harassed just that MrD seemed familiar in his responses to me,, just that I was seeing a pattern I have seen before. its tiresome and doesn't promote open healthy discussions of issues.

Liar.

...are you the self appointed community watch here, stalking ppl and making strange accusations

2Ts
03-31-2012, 02:53 PM
Dsolo doesn't seem to have brought anyone here that is at his level. Just some irrational liberals who think asking them questions and calling them out their absurd statements constitutes harassment. Hey, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

1st , you are right. Dsolo is a well thought out person... better schooled than I am.. I am a blue collar type, not well spoken and certainly not able to understand complicated concepts without a lot of researching. But I know that responding that I'm not understanding what you are talking about is not a claim that you are harassing me.

Its like you were talking another language with "Zim Zim" and "she and her friends" you were quoting me and I never said these things. I reread the whole Zimmerman thread trying to understand and I saw where Dagny posted this

There's no explanation for Zimmerman ignoring an order to cease and decist. You should acquaint yourself with Zim's history of 911 calls.

he or she decides to shorten a long name to Zim there and use the abbreviation from then on. wouldn't be the same as my shortening your user name to MrD, or where I saw someone refer to Mainecoons to MC, is that a bad thing? why was it a point for you? so you clearly feel differently that Dagny about the case but what is with all this other stuff and why are you trying so hard to put it on me?

MMC
03-31-2012, 03:01 PM

Yes and I also see the same pattern as you are. Not just from your perspective either.

2Ts
03-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Yes and I also see the same pattern as you are. Not just from your perspective either.

I'm sure you do, someone discovers a place to talk issues and invites others that they also enjoy opinions of... so it always looks like this.. but what doesn't work out to well is when ppl assume they understand what everyone is thinking instead of what they're writing and start trying to ascribe a different script than whats presented.

we all know ppl congregate with others they are familar with, it doesn't mean they always agree. Dada and I have been on the same forum in that past and she is well to the left of me, quite often I end up arguing a conservative POV to her. when I got the invite from Dsolo I popped in and saw some users I know, Villifier, Dada and I thought okay it doesn't look like a nasty slam fest maybe this could be good. Was that a mistake? Did I become suspect by signing up here, I think that may be the case and I'm aware being a noob takes time to prove you are an individual,, but thats difficult when the assumptions are made on your 1st few posts and ppl determin to ignore what you write and insist what they think you mean instead

MMC
03-31-2012, 03:27 PM
Only time will tell if it was a mistake on the choice you made.

Mister D
03-31-2012, 04:39 PM
1st , you are right. Dsolo is a well thought out person... better schooled than I am.. I am a blue collar type, not well spoken and certainly not able to understand complicated concepts without a lot of researching. But I know that responding that I'm not understanding what you are talking about is not a claim that you are harassing me.

Its like you were talking another language with "Zim Zim" and "she and her friends" you were quoting me and I never said these things. I reread the whole Zimmerman thread trying to understand and I saw where Dagny posted this

he or she decides to shorten a long name to Zim there and use the abbreviation from then on. wouldn't be the same as my shortening your user name to MrD, or where I saw someone refer to Mainecoons to MC, is that a bad thing? why was it a point for you? so you clearly feel differently that Dagny about the case but what is with all this other stuff and why are you trying so hard to put it on me?

I forgot just how insane liberal females can be...she's serious too.

1. "Zim Zim" is not an abbreviation of Zimmerman. It was her cutesy name for the person she apparently thinks should be railroaded if not murdered outright. OK T T? :grin:

2. I did not ever quote you as saying "Zim Zim". I told you at least twice who likes to give cutesy names to the people they want railroaded or murdered. If you wish not to be lumped in with those loons don't come running to their defense.

3. Are you dishonest? Too much pride? What is it? These are your words.

You claimed I was harassing you. Case closed.

4. "Zim", "D", "MC" for Mainecoons etc. would make perfect sense but "Zim Zim" was used. That's not shorthand, T T. :grin:

5. No, I don't feel anything about the case other than that's it's tragic. Perhaps we're doing a little too much feeling and not enough thinking.

MMC
03-31-2012, 04:45 PM

1. "Zim Zim" is not an abbreviation of Zimmerman. It was her cutesy name for the person she apparently thinks should be railroaded if not murdered outright. OK T T? :grin:

2. I did not ever quote you as saying "Zim Zim". I told you at least twice who likes to give cutesy names to the people they want railroaded or murdered. If you wish not to be lumped in with those loons don't come running to their defense.

4. "Zim", "D", "MC" for Mainecoons etc. would make perfect sense but "Zim Zim" was used. That's not shorthand, T T. :grin:

5. No, I don't feel anything about the case other than that's it's tragic. Perhaps we're doing a little too much feeling and not enough thinking.

Uhm D.....I thought I mentioned that at the beginning like SEVERAL TIMES. :rollseyes:

Mister D
03-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Uhm D.....I thought I mentioned that at the beginning like SEVERAL TIMES. :rollseyes:

Mentioned what?

MMC
03-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Mentioned what?

About people feeling and and getting emotional over the issue.

2Ts
03-31-2012, 05:06 PM
About people feeling and and getting emotional over the issue.

humans are incapable of separating themselves from feelings and emotional response to issues. Some ppl admit it and some try to hide it as if its a type of weakness.

2Ts
03-31-2012, 05:08 PM

I know you told me stuff... but I'm not finding the evidence of it. can you quote it for me, I've missed that part I guess.

who likes to give ppl cutesy names they are trying to railroad?

I did, granny! http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/smilies/newsmilies/grin.gif

What did I write that was ridiculous or unrelated? Please be specific and explain yourself. I'll wait. =)

Stalking? http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/smilies/newsmilies/laugh.gif Get over yourself, sweetie. If you don't want responses to your illogical arguments and baseless accusations then don't bother posting.

Yes, it is funny. Glad to hear you have no problems with "funny" depictions of Obama. Please, lets remember you said that. http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/smilies/newsmilies/grin.gif

dadakarma
03-31-2012, 05:10 PM
humans are incapable of separating themselves from feelings and emotional response to issues. Some ppl admit it and some try to hide it as if its a type of weakness.

Exactly. The topics of discussion here are provocative and, at worst, incendiary. Only a sociopath feels nothing about this stuff.

MMC
03-31-2012, 05:17 PM

While true.....some make it a start right from the beginning, and forget deductive reasoning. Which when encountered is a weakness.

2Ts
03-31-2012, 05:22 PM
While true.....some make it a start right from the beginning, and forget deductive reasoning. Which when encountered is a weakness.

okay so, because that can happen you have determined anyone stating they feel are in that category? is that similar to stating that because of the high number of crimes committed by black males, all black males are suspicious?

MMC
03-31-2012, 05:39 PM
okay so, because that can happen you have determined anyone stating they feel are in that category? is that similar to stating that because of the high number of crimes committed by black males, all black males are suspicious?

Let me ask you a question? Are any men who are out at night late night subject to suspicion in a major urban City? As to your question no it is not similar. As my statement reflects nothing about any ones ethnicisity. But that of a human condition for some people. Perhaps it is learned behavior.

2Ts
03-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Let me ask you a question? Are any men who are out at night late night subject to suspicion in a major urban City? As to your question no it is not similar. As my statement reflects nothing about any ones ethnicisity. But that of a human condition for some people. Perhaps it is learned behavior.

I think you are probably right there.

do I think men who are out late in major urban cities are suspicious? no, why?

MMC
03-31-2012, 06:03 PM
I think you are probably right there.

do I think men who are out late in major urban cities are suspicious? no, why?

Think some has that same answer for a suburb or out in the rural areas. BTW when I say late night, I mean after midnight.

ramone
03-31-2012, 06:13 PM

So lets explore that human aspect tutie. What do you think?

2Ts
03-31-2012, 06:22 PM
So lets explore that human aspect tutie. What do you think?

think about what? did you put forth an opinion to discuss? feel free to expound on the "aspect" and start us off ...

2Ts
03-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Think some has that same answer for a suburb or out in the rural areas. BTW when I say late night, I mean after midnight.

why not?

Mister D
04-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Exactly. The topics of discussion here are provocative and, at worst, incendiary. Only a sociopath feels nothing about this stuff.

That's right. Anyone asking you to be reasonable in your responses and comments is a sociopath. :wink:

Mister D
04-02-2012, 08:02 AM
I know you told me stuff... but I'm not finding the evidence of it. can you quote it for me, I've missed that part I guess.

who likes to give ppl cutesy names they are trying to railroad?

Thank you for no longer defending the positions referred to above. In the future, "you're right on all counts, Mister D" will do just fine, sweetie. :grin:

MMC
04-02-2012, 08:04 AM
That's right. Anyone asking you to be reasonable in your responses and comments is a sociopath. :wink:

Oh.....she/he/It/ Whatever.....is real good at the innuendo and inference game to D. Not to mention playing Old Mother Hen. Truly I was going to wait to see if she was going to do all the speaking for them.

ramone
04-02-2012, 08:13 AM
think about what? did you put forth an opinion to discuss? feel free to expound on the "aspect" and start us off ...

You say humans are incapable of separating emotions on issues. I disagree, I've had to fire friends because they didn't or couldn't do the job, letting emotions get in the way of rational thought will always come back and bite you in the ass. Only rational thinking will get you to the end of the game. The problem as I see it with the left and usually minorities is that they won't separate the two. It is the same in this case, it's not a case of can't it is a case of won't. To say humans are incapable is way off the mark.