PDA

View Full Version : Yet more evidence raising taxes on the wealthy does not hurt the economy

Cigar
04-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Wealthiest Pay Higher Taxes With Scant U.S. Economic Harm

As the political fight over raising taxes for high-income Americans fades away, so are predictions for negative economic fallout.

The bill for President Barack Obama's 2013 tax increases comes due April 15, and the first boost in marginal income rates in 20 years is already reducing the U.S. budget deficit without tipping the economy into recession.

"In advance one always hears the squeals of the oxen who would like everyone to think they are about to be gored," said James Galbraith, an economist at the University of Texas at Austin. "Then it turns out that they are only nicked, and life goes on."

The U.S. government is projected to collect more than $3 trillion for the first time in the fiscal year ending Sept. 30, a 9.2 percent increase over last year, according to the Congressional Budget Office. CBO forecasts another 9 percent rise in 2015 and estimates that more than half of the increases in revenue stem from tax law changes.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wealthiest-pay-higher-taxes-scant-040000581.html

So it looks like the Republican predictions of economic armageddon turned out to be bullshit. Not only have the tax increases not hurt the economy, but the budget deficit is the smallest since 2007 thanks to the tax increases. :laugh:

Peter1469
04-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Get me on your special email list for the talking points. Please.

Mainecoons
04-12-2014, 05:31 PM
I see we have another spamming attack from Cigar this afternoon.

What a POS.

darroll
04-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Scary,
As they tax the rich and that is still not enough, they go to the lower tax brackets.
Hello middle class.

Cigar
04-12-2014, 05:33 PM
I see we have another spamming attack from Cigar this afternoon.

What a POS.

Here Little Kitty Kitty Kitty :grin:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/99/7a/5a/997a5ab76776bfe2e86e8544dac29cd2.jpg

Codename Section
04-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Wealthiest Pay Higher Taxes With Scant U.S. Economic Harm

Scant means little or limited harm, not no harm. So your title is wrong.

Mainecoons
04-12-2014, 05:41 PM
They have to soak the middle class. Hell, if they just soak the rich by taking away everything over a million, it would hardly cover a year's worth of ObamaDeficits.

Government is consuming over 40 percent of the output of the productive and in some states, more like 50 percent. That is choking the life out of the economy.

I hear the liberals whining about greed all the time but the real problem now is government greed.