PDA

View Full Version : Here is what happens when employers refuse to give workers paid sick days

Cigar
04-12-2014, 05:16 PM
So Corporate 1%ers Can't Afford Paying Employee Health Care Insurance (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/11/1291245/-So-Corporate-1-ers-Can-t-Afford-Paying-Employee-Health-Care-Insurance)
And especially those in the public food service industry, very public as to fast foods.

Remember this: Papa John's CEO Says 'Obamacare' Will Up Pizza Price (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/papa-johns-john-schnatter-obamacare-pizza-prices/story?id=16962891). The threats to the public and the low wage workers employed, cutting full time to part time and more. Workers coming to work even when they don't feel good, how about sick days to go along with Health Insurance, placing the public served in possible harms way from contracting an illness thus needing Health Care facilities themselves.

Well this is what can happen:

Manager at Charlotte pizza restaurant tests positive for Hepatitis (http://www.wbtv.com/story/25217988/county-manager-email-worker-at-charlotte-restaurant-tests-positive-for-hepatitis)

Apr 11, 2014 - Health officials in Mecklenburg and Cabarrus counties are holding special vaccination clinics Friday afternoon because of a potential health risk in a Charlotte-area restaurant.

A worker at the Papa John's Pizza at 8016-B Cambridge Commons Drive has been diagnosed with Hepatitis A.
During a press conference on Thursday evening, officials said the employee was a manager at the Papa John's restaurant who contracted Hepatitis A while traveling out of the country.

Doctor Marcus Plescia, Mecklenburg County's Health Director, said the worker returned to Charlotte, became ill and was hospitalized. Health officials say the employee last worked on April 7th, and was diagnosed with Hepatitis A on either April 7th or 8th.

County health officials say they were notified Thursday morning, and started working with State public health officials.

snip

Mecklenburg health officials say they're concerned because "it's a pizza place so even more people are getting food there than your average restaurant."

Jeremy Bell is angry. He said he and his family had a pizza night with food from that Papa John's.
"And now I gotta to go to the doctor and take my family to the doctor" said Bell. "And no telling how many other people."

County officials say they don't know exactly how many customers could have been exposed. It's estimated about 2400 orders were handled at that Papa John's during the time the infected worker was there.

Here is what happens when employers refuse to give workers paid sick days (http://kos.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=mFAIsvqL3XbGZ5fnHaJJrCDdmdqrH5xG)

Bob
04-12-2014, 05:21 PM
When you guys want all these freebies from companies, put yourself in their places.

Say some landscaping company is hired to handle your landscaping.

You get a call from the boss telling you he is so sick, he can't show up.

And he wants you to pay him no matter what?

Think of the other side for a change.

Cigar
04-12-2014, 05:22 PM
When you guys want all these freebies from companies, put yourself in their places.

Enjoy your Pizza ... with Extra Toppings :grin:

Codename Section
04-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Here's what happens when I am threatened with more involuntary taxes while having limited representation in my government. I leave and move to Belize taking my money with me.

Newpublius
04-12-2014, 05:41 PM

don't worry about it, there's no freebies, don't think for one iota employers don't consider total compensation costs. They do.

Peter1469
04-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Get me on your special email list for the talking points. Please.

Bob
04-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Enjoy your Pizza ... with Extra Toppings :grin:

I counted on that sailing high above your head. Trust me on that.

I don't buy pizza from other than COSTCO store. At $9.99 for the super large combo, the deal is too good to pay double that at Round Table. Dominos is next door and I may have had two pizzas from that store in 20 years.

Bob
04-12-2014, 08:49 PM
don't worry about it, there's no freebies, don't think for one iota employers don't consider total compensation costs. They do.

I have had employees that I paid part of their health care insurance for and many others that I did not.

It is wise for employees to look out for themselves and those who feel the need for cost shifting schemes may partake in any insurance plan.

Bob
04-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Here's what happens when I am threatened with more involuntary taxes while having limited representation in my government. I leave and move to Belize taking my money with me.

There are countries who appreciate your hard earned money far more than the USA does.

zelmo1234
04-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Here is what happens to employee's when they let Liberals convince them that they deserve a ton of free stuff!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/16/hostess-brands-to-liquidate-lay-off-18500-after-crippling-union-fight/

Refugee
04-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Here is what happens to employee's when they let Liberals convince them that they deserve a ton of free stuff!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/16/hostess-brands-to-liquidate-lay-off-18500-after-crippling-union-fight/

If you want to paint the outside of my house let's do a deal. If you want me to pay for your health care, insurance and paternity leave whilst you're doing it you can sod off and try welfare instead. :smiley: