PDA

View Full Version : The future of the U.S.

Refugee
04-13-2014, 10:41 AM
I know it all keeps coming back to progressivism, but you now have the same problem that Europe has. How do you keep control in transient populations numbering hundreds of millions? Europe had this same argument amongst its classical theorists at the outset of the industrial revolution.

People have never naturally lived in cramped city spaces. In all images promoting wellbeing, you see nature, not urban sprawls.

6772 6773

America, still a relatively young country in historical terms, now finds itself in the same position as Europe was in over a century ago. Mass poverty, crowded inner cities, urban and moral neglect, but this time without the industrial revolution and the economic success to pull the population out of it.

Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats can alter this by using the same ideologies that let this happen and hence the State backlash that now can now be seen.

European Marx, just like the American Founding Fathers were sages of a different era and none of their writings envisaged the current reality in the world today. Europe and America are both moving into progressivism and although most people hate it, it does seem as though it’s the way of the future. You can’t change this by cutting back on welfare, or tinkering around with Obamacare. Are millions of these what the end of an Empire looks like?

What advice do you think the Founding Fathers would have given and what will America society look like by the mid-century?

Peter1469
04-13-2014, 10:46 AM
I think America will be fine. We will likely crash our currency because of our spending fetish, but that will wake us up. It will screw over the rest of the world, but that is their problem.

Cigar
04-13-2014, 11:14 AM
... and we have yet another Reality Show .... Hollywood Hillbillies :rollseyes:

What is this world coming to? :grin:

Mainecoons
04-13-2014, 11:19 AM
That's an interesting point, Peter. Mexico crashed their currency in 1994 and definitely learned from it. But then they never instutionalized the abuses and PC nuttiness that plagues America.

The fiscal problem is just a symptom of the larger problem of a thoroughly broken and incompetent Federal government.

BTW one of the ways Mexico righted itself was by instituting a near foolproof system of voter ID and ended the systematic voter fraud of the PRI, Mexico's version of the Democratic Party. Shortly thereafter, the PRI was thrown out of power after 75 years of continuous rule. :grin:

Ransom
04-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Refugee, have you been to the United States?

Max Rockatansky
04-13-2014, 02:20 PM
I saw this:
http://cdn.theatlanticcities.com/img/upload/2013/02/20/167788_10150129165720695_5313771_n.jpg

And was reminded of the movie "A Boy and his Dog":
http://www.la-fin-du-monde.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/apocalypse2024_602.jpg

Refugee
04-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Refugee, have you been to the United States?

Nope. What advice do you think the Founding Fathers would have given and what will America society look like by the mid-century?

Never been around the world either, but I believe it's round?

Ransom
04-14-2014, 07:19 AM
Nope.

I'm sorry. Wasn't it you explaining to me that unless I'd visited some of the nations we were discussing.....I wasn't qualified to reference such nations. When I had actually been to South Korea.....twice.....you told me you weren't convinced. Here you are discussing the future of the US...and you've never been here? Hold on a second.........

:biglaugh:

What advice do you think the Founding Fathers would have given and what will America society look like by the mid-century?

I think they would have cautioned against others speaking towards America, her future, or her present that hadn't even as much as visited.

Never been around the world either, but I believe it's round?

Once again.....was it not you................Refugee......who explained earlier that one should have at least visited somewhere before commenting?

Maybe I'm mistaken, I could have sworn it was you.