PDA

View Full Version : Chances of getting audited by IRS lowest in years

Cigar
04-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Chances of getting audited by IRS lowest in years Source: AP-Excite

By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER

WASHINGTON (AP) - As millions of Americans race to meet Tuesday's tax deadline, their chances of getting audited are lower than they have been in years.

Budget cuts and new responsibilities are straining the Internal Revenue Service's ability to police tax returns. This year, the IRS will have fewer agents auditing returns than at any time since at least the 1980s.

Taxpayer services are suffering, too, with millions of phone calls to the IRS going unanswered.

"We keep going after the people who look like the worst of the bad guys," IRS Commissioner John Koskinen said in an interview. "But there are going to be some people that we should catch, either in terms of collecting the revenue from them or prosecuting them, that we're not going to catch."

FULL story at link.

Read more: http://apnews.excite.com/article/20140413/DAD5ANG80.html

The 1% can do anything they want!!!!http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/banghead.gif

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/Tax_Enforcement.sff_WX302_20140413075236.jpg

This March 26, 2014 file photo shows Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Commissioner John Koskinen testifying on Capitol Hill in Washington. As millions of Americans race to meet Tuesday’s tax deadline, their chances of getting audited are lower than they have been in years. Budget cuts and new responsibilities are straining the Internal Revenue Service’s ability to police tax returns. This year, the IRS will have fewer agents auditing returns than at any time since at least the 1980s.Taxpayer services are suffering, too, with millions of phone calls to the IRS going unanswered. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite, File)

I'm dam glad I have a Tax Account who knows the limits :grin:

Peter1469
04-13-2014, 11:27 AM
The IRS needs to be defunded. They are abusing their power.

Get me on your special email list for the talking points. Please.

texan
04-13-2014, 11:35 AM
Unless you are a political enemy.

Cigar
04-13-2014, 11:35 AM
The IRS needs to be defunded. They are abusing their power.

Get me on your special email list for the talking points. Please.

Good ... you want a New Nuclear "anything" or Fighter Jet ... buy it yourself ... we have plenty already.

Also, if you what Big Corporations and Oil Corporations to have your Tax Dollars ... then you give it to them.

Libhater
04-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Getting audited by the IRS lowest in years? LMFAO!

You think perhaps Lois Lerner and her staff of liberal misfits audited enough Republican groups to
the point of where there is no left to be audited? C-mon cigar, surely you can see that the criminal
Lerner is about to get jailed for her part in this IRS scam and coverup, and that of course there is
no one left to be audited. Surely you would prefer the IRS not audit a liberal democrap, now would you?

patrickt
04-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Unless you're a Republican, or a Tea Party supporter, or a veteran, or live in a red state, or are an American. The IRS has to be selective. It's called targeting your enemies.

Peter1469
04-13-2014, 12:38 PM
Good ... you want a New Nuclear "anything" or Fighter Jet ... buy it yourself ... we have plenty already.

Also, if you what Big Corporations and Oil Corporations to have your Tax Dollars ... then you give it to them.

I am anti-big corps. Keep up sport.