PDA

View Full Version : How am I doing?

CAPUSAFcadet23
04-13-2014, 08:38 PM
What are your guys opinion of me on this forum? Am I annoying? Am I an asshole? Do I start crappy and retarded threads? Should I leave this forum and never return?

sachem
04-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Don't become a drama queen.

I think you are a cute kid. :D

CAPUSAFcadet23
04-13-2014, 08:42 PM
Don't become a drama queen.

I think you are a cute kid. :D

Ha Ha Ha! Thanks! Do you think humor should be required in the ranting forum?

sachem
04-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Ha Ha Ha! Thanks! Do you think humor should be required in the ranting forum?Yes. I think humor belongs in all forums.

Maybe not as much in the Religious forum. But as long as it is tasteful, I don't think God will mind.

CAPUSAFcadet23
04-13-2014, 08:50 PM
It's cathartic, and better than an aneurysm...

Is it really? I think this is a fun forum. It is easy to get off topic. One thread turned into a pissing contest between Peter and Codename Section.

Germanicus
04-13-2014, 08:53 PM
What are your guys opinion of me on this forum? Am I annoying? Am I an asshole? Do I start crappy and retarded threads? Should I leave this forum and never return?

You seem like the smartest person here to me. And a good person.

How young are you though? It is good to have a social conscience but do not forget to have fun. The world being so terrible is not your fault.

Try not to worry about so much is my advice for you. Like keep being a good person but try not to put the world on your shoulders.

You need to be a kid while you are still a kid.

edit- I do not at all mean 'kid' as any kind of insult. Younger people are much better than their parents in my opinion and the future will be much better when the younger generation has control. You are smart.

CAPUSAFcadet23
04-13-2014, 08:56 PM

How young are you though? It is good to have a social conscience but do not forget to have fun. The world being so terrible is not your fault.

Try not to worry about so much is my advice for you. Like keep being a good person but try not to put the world on your shoulders.

CAPUSAFcadet23
04-13-2014, 09:00 PM

edit- I do not at all mean 'kid' as any kind of insult. Younger people are much better than their parents in my opinion and the future will be much better when the younger generation has control. You are smart.

All of my teachers say I am smart but that is subjective. Everyone has their own definition of smart.

sachem
04-13-2014, 09:02 PM

Is it really? I think this is a fun forum. It is easy to get off topic. One thread turned into a pissing contest between Peter and Codename Section.I see forums, in general, as entertainment. The best ones are where you can have some serious/semi serious discussions and also some fun.

sachem
04-13-2014, 09:04 PM
All of my teachers say I am smart but that is subjective. Everyone has their own definition of smart.Exactly. The more you agree with me the smarter you are. :p

Refugee
04-13-2014, 10:05 PM

Having a sense of humour definitely, deflecting the crazies, some knowledge, oh and being English helps, but is not a requirement. You're fine, don't worry.

nic34
04-13-2014, 10:10 PM

Keep up the good work. Don't let them turn you into a cynic. :wink:

Max Rockatansky
04-13-2014, 10:11 PM

Is it really? I think this is a fun forum. It is easy to get off topic. One thread turned into a pissing contest between Peter and Codename Section.
Welcome the nature of Internet forums. Don't worry about it. Any of it.

This is just a form of interactive entertainment. Some people take it too seriously. Some people just have bad days. If you're having fun most of the time then you are doing it right.

Refugee
04-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Keep up the good work. Don't let them turn you into a cynic. :wink:

Like me! :laugh:

The Xl
04-13-2014, 10:29 PM
You made a thread that hit 24 pages in a day.

I'd say you're doing a good job, keep it up

Guerilla
04-14-2014, 12:15 AM

Cool. I'm 18 too. You seemed young, actually reminded me of how I used to post when I was first on the forum. Worried if I was doing it right, or just making an ass of myself..

But your good here, much better than a lot of the posters. You don't get all insulted, and you actually want to discuss stuff, not just have a shit fest. Good to have you.

Kabuki Joe
04-14-2014, 12:19 AM
Cool. I'm 18 too. You seemed young, actually reminded me of how I used to post when I was first on the forum. Worried if I was doing it right, or just making an ass of myself..

But your good here, much better than a lot of the posters. You don't get all insulted, and you actually want to discuss stuff, not just have a shit fest. Good to have you.

...interesting...

The Xl
04-14-2014, 12:22 AM

I had no idea you were 18. You carry yourself better than and with more maturity then 99.9% of people on here, including myself. So much for those worthless stereotypes that get thrown around.

Having a couple of 18 year olds here makes me feel old at 25, though. stahp pls

Guerilla
04-14-2014, 12:26 AM
...interesting...

LOL look everyone, Kabuki Joe is trying to say something. :rofl:

Kabuki Joe
04-14-2014, 12:30 AM
LOL look everyone, Kabuki Joe is trying to say something. :rofl:

...nope, you said it all...18 and you know it all... ;)

Guerilla
04-14-2014, 12:46 AM
I had no idea you were 18. You carry yourself better than and with more maturity then 99.9% of people on here, including myself. So much for those worthless stereotypes that get thrown around.

Thank you. :azn:

The Xl
04-14-2014, 12:48 AM
Thank you. :azn:

No prob. I'm subject to those as well, and I'm 7 years older than you to boot, so I know how it feels.

The threads in the hole should blow that notion straight out of the water, really. Mostly 30-50 years olds participating, too.

Guerilla
04-14-2014, 12:59 AM
No prob. I'm subject to those as well, and I'm 7 years older than you to boot, so I know how it feels.

The threads in the hole should blow that notion straight out of the water, really. Mostly 30-50 years olds participating, too.

Ya, it's weird when you grow up and figure out that some adults still act like children. I mean, I like to mess with people sometimes but some people can't even control themselves. We're all just human I guess.

Bob
04-14-2014, 01:42 AM

25???? I am three times your age

I was in Germany in the Army the day I turned 25.

I told the first sergeant ... Sgt. Dodd, today I am a quarter century.

1751_Texan
04-14-2014, 03:19 AM

If you take any advice, take this from an old man. get out of the house..away from the computer and go meet and have as much fun as you possible can with what ever kind of people you like [I would say girls but I will not be limiting].

Time flies kid..

CAPUSAFcadet23
04-14-2014, 03:30 AM

Do you think training from a youth military group played a part in the way I carry myself? The goal of groups like JROTC or CAP cadets is to help build better citizens. Does the school district in your area have a JROTC program? How mature are those students? There are some people who join just because they think the uniform is cool but for most of those people the program helps them mature.

CAPUSAFcadet23
04-14-2014, 03:37 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-RfSCQox9Q

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_BIQM-TOgk

What are your thoughts on these videos? I know a few JROTC cadets from another high school in my district who are very elitist.

CAPUSAFcadet23
04-14-2014, 03:44 AM
Believe it or not one of the high ranking cadet airman in my AFJROTC convinced our Senior Aerospace Science Instructor to let us watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show during a lock-in. My AFJROTC is awesome! My SASI is an Academy grad who flew F-16s and the ASI was a percussionist in the Air Force Band.

Max Rockatansky
04-14-2014, 06:33 AM
Do you think training from a youth military group played a part in the way I carry myself? The goal of groups like JROTC or CAP cadets is to help build better citizens. Does the school district in your area have a JROTC program? How mature are those students? There are some people who join just because they think the uniform is cool but for most of those people the program helps them mature.

I think any form of disciplinary/self-discipline education is beneficial. CAP and JROTC are two. Boy Scouts, martial arts and team sports are other sources.

CAPUSAFcadet23
04-22-2014, 03:13 AM
Sorry for sounding like a crazy anti government nut these past few days.

Guerilla
04-22-2014, 04:15 AM
Sorry for sounding like a crazy anti government nut these past few days.

True patriots are critical of their government because they want a better country. Nothing wrong with that.

Max Rockatansky
04-23-2014, 08:24 AM
True patriots are critical of their government because they want a better country. Nothing wrong with that.

Agreed. It's the difference between critiquing and criticizing. Nothing wrong with pointing out what is wrong, but best to also include recommendations for improvement and to also note what is being done right.

Refugee
04-23-2014, 08:33 AM
Agreed. It's the difference between critiquing and criticizing. Nothing wrong with pointing out what is wrong, but best to also include recommendations for improvement and to also note what is being done right.

Yes. Preferably using first hand opinions and not third hand quotes. A page of googled explanations personally leaves me cold. :smiley:

Max Rockatansky
04-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Yes. Preferably using first hand opinions and not third hand quotes. A page of googled explanations personally leaves me cold. :smiley:

Would it make a difference if you read it in a book or a thesis? Opinions are fine, but you know the old saying about opinions. Best to back up an opinion with facts. The quality and truthfulness of facts provided help determine the validity of a person's position. On an Internet forum, most facts provided in a post come from links to sources.