PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush Endorses Romney

Conley
03-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Former Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida said Wednesday that he was endorsing Mitt Romney‘s bid for the Republican presidential nomination, and urged his party to bring the divisive primary to a close and coalesce behind Mr. Romney’s candidacy.

A day after a sweeping victory here in the Illinois primary, where Mr. Romney overwhelmed Rick Santorum in the popular vote and delegates, Mr. Bush is the latest influential Republican leader to urge the party to rally behind Mr. Romney. Several other leading voices in the party are expected to follow suit in the coming days, aides to Mr. Romney said, in an effort to build a movement to gently urge the three remaining candidates to not block Mr. Romney’s path to the nomination.

“Now is the time for Republicans to unite behind Governor Romney and take our message of fiscal conservatism and job creation to all voters this fall,” Mr. Bush said in a statement announcing his endorsement.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/21/jeb-bush-endorses-romney/?hp

Per the article more of the establishment is lining up to back Romney. Think this will have any effect on Santorum and his decision to continue?

spunkloaf
03-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Thank God not all have lost their wits.

Conley
03-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Thank God not all have lost their wits.

A big Romney fan, are we? :grin:

Mister D
03-21-2012, 03:48 PM
What exactly are the policy differences between the two?

Mainecoons
03-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Birds of the establishment/ruling elite flock together. No surprise here. Just think: A combination of Bush the Foreign Military Adventurist and Obama The Great Leftist Destroyer of Wealth and biggest fraud to ever occupy the White House.

No wonder Spunk is having wet dreams over this contest. Either way, statists/progressives win.

spunkloaf
03-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Birds of the establishment/ruling elite flock together. No surprise here. Just think: A combination of Bush the Foreign Military Adventurist and Obama The Great Leftist Destroyer of Wealth and biggest fraud to ever occupy the White House.

No wonder Spunk is having wet dreams over this contest. Either way, statists/progressives win.

:moron::tinfoil::asshole:

Conley
03-21-2012, 04:49 PM
:laugh: That :moron: one is pretty good, hadn't seen it before.

Anyway guys, how about easing up on the pissing war.

ramone
03-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Since when has Obamney been a fiscal conservative? More like a moderate liberal, if that.

spunkloaf
03-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Keep Santorum away from me at all costs.

MMC
03-21-2012, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFEio0OCWek

:wink:

Mister D
03-21-2012, 05:24 PM
What exactly are the policy differences between the two?

Guys?

Conley
03-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Gays?

:grin:

Mister D
03-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Gays?

:grin:

What about them?

Conley
03-21-2012, 05:47 PM
What about them?

I was just playing of your "Guys?" comment, and also referencing Santorum's statements about homosexuals as a key difference between him and Romney. Not that RoboCorp is a big fan of them either, but still...

Tricky, eh? :wink:

Mister D
03-21-2012, 06:28 PM
I was just playing of your "Guys?" comment, and also referencing Santorum's statements about homosexuals as a key difference between him and Romney. Not that RoboCorp is a big fan of them either, but still...

Tricky, eh? :wink:

Santorum's statements about homosexuals are a "key" difference between them? Really?

Conley
03-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Santorum's statements about homosexuals are a "key" difference between them? Really?

It was a joke.

Mister D
03-21-2012, 06:35 PM
It was a joke.

Understood but the second part sounded serious.

Conley
03-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Understood but the second part sounded serious.

Ah, I see I didn't make a lot of sense with my post. It did sound serious but I didn't mean it to be.

Mister D
03-21-2012, 06:49 PM
Honestly, I don't think there is much difference at all between them. The social conservative versus whatever the hell kind of conservative Romney is supposed to be paradigm is based on nothing. Santorum is not advocating the government enforce his morality. That's probably why Santorum feels compelled to stress his values and conservative credentials.

Conley
03-21-2012, 06:53 PM
We have to agree to disagree on Santorum. His bashing of libertarianism and his insistence on 'government in the bedroom' - even though you believe he is speaking only on the issue of gay marriage - are deal breakers to me. I haven't spent a lot of time parsing his words because honestly, I never thought he was a real contender.

Mister D
03-21-2012, 06:55 PM
We have to agree to disagree on Santorum. His bashing of libertarianism and his insistence on 'government in the bedroom' - even though you believe he is speaking only on the issue of gay marriage - are deal breakers to me. I haven't spent a lot of time parsing his words because honestly, I never thought he was a real contender.

I suppose it's academic now anyway. Romney is running away with the nomination.

Conley
03-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Yep. I wonder if Santorum will still be active after the campaign or fade back into relative obscurity.

MMC
03-21-2012, 06:57 PM
In the meantime Mitch Daniels took himself out of the list of potential Vp's for Romney.

Mister D
03-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Yep. I wonder if Santorum will still be active after the campaign or fade back into relative obscurity.

He's only in his mid 50s so I'd imagine we will be seeing more of him.

spunkloaf
03-21-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't know why they waste their money. Unfortunately Obama still has the election in the bag, and the only way to defeat him is to support Paul. They should focus their attention more on attacking liberals and having cunts write notes to the president.

MMC
03-22-2012, 07:17 AM
I don't know why they waste their money. Unfortunately Obama still has the election in the bag, and the only way to defeat him is to support Paul. They should focus their attention more on attacking liberals and having cunts write notes to the president.

Yeah why waste money.....But one question. Who is They?

Btw Spunk we are trying to get this site up and going and trying to keep it that way. We have been getting some new members and we do have 3 women now as members. So lets look out for the place in the best way we can. Thanks!