PDA

View Full Version : Obama Administration Exonerated On Benghazi

Cigar
04-14-2014, 12:37 PM
BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOP House Armed Services Chair exonerates Obama, Hillary over Benghazi

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140414-gop-house-armed-services-committee-chair-exonerates-obama-clinton-on-benghazi.jpg

The sound you just heard is Darrell Issa shitting himself

GOP Rep. Howard “Buck” McKeon, the Republican chair of the House Armed Services Committee, says he’s satisfied with how the US military – and ergo the Obama administration – responded to the deadly attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya that killed four Americans, including the US ambassador to Libya.

The news also exonerates expected Democratic presidential nominee, and then-Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. More on that in a moment.

“I think I’ve pretty well been satisfied that given where the troops were, how quickly the thing all happened and how quickly it dissipated, we probably couldn’t have done more than we did,” McKeon said to reporters today, as quoted by AP.

McKeon then went on to plant a not-so-subtle dig at fellow Republicans who keep harping on “Benghazi” as if there were a real scandal there.

“We have been working on this for a long time. We issued a preliminary report,” McKeon said. “At some point, when we run out of people to talk to, or we run out of people to talk to two or three times, at some point, we think we’ll have as much of this story as we’re going to get and move on.”

http://linkis.com/americablog.com/2014/MUQiw

The Noise to follow ... will be the Sound of Denial :laughing4:

Kalkin
04-14-2014, 12:39 PM
Shrillary will never be president. Sorry.

Mainecoons
04-14-2014, 12:41 PM

nic34
04-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Shrillary will never be president. Sorry.

Who will be?

patrickt
04-14-2014, 12:45 PM
"AMERICAblog is a journal of news and opinion about US politics, both domestic and foreign, from a progressive point of view. You can follow AMERICAblog on Twitter at @americablog (http://twitter.com/americablog) and @americabloggay (http://www.twitter.com/americabloggay), and on Facebook at AMERICAblog (https://www.facebook.com/AMERICAblog) andAMERICAblogGay (https://www.facebook.com/AMERICAblogGay)."

What a surprise. Cigar's handlers sent him a link to a progressive blog to post as "evidence" of something. The sound you just heard was Cigar sucking up.

Kalkin
04-14-2014, 12:46 PM
Even if the quoted politician is right when contending we "probably" couldn't have gotten reinforcements there in time, that doesn't address the denial of security requested before the fact.

Kalkin
04-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Who will be?
Someone else. Someone with less baggage and thin ankles.

Bob
04-14-2014, 12:54 PM
BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOP House Armed Services Chair exonerates Obama, Hillary over Benghazi

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140414-gop-house-armed-services-committee-chair-exonerates-obama-clinton-on-benghazi.jpg

GOP Rep. Howard “Buck” McKeon, the Republican chair of the House Armed Services Committee, says he’s satisfied with how the US military – and ergo the Obama administration – responded to the deadly attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya that killed four Americans, including the US ambassador to Libya.

The news also exonerates expected Democratic presidential nominee, and then-Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. More on that in a moment.

“I think I’ve pretty well been satisfied that given where the troops were, how quickly the thing all happened and how quickly it dissipated, we probably couldn’t have done more than we did,” McKeon said to reporters today, as quoted by AP.

McKeon then went on to plant a not-so-subtle dig at fellow Republicans who keep harping on “Benghazi” as if there were a real scandal there.

“We have been working on this for a long time. We issued a preliminary report,” McKeon said. “At some point, when we run out of people to talk to, or we run out of people to talk to two or three times, at some point, we think we’ll have as much of this story as we’re going to get and move on.”

Note, we saw your propaganda.

But you did not show us the report.

This is it.

Show us where it says what you said. It is 31 pages long so take your time.

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/files/serve?File_id=A4AE38EF-0A61-48B1-B08A-48C5D6C2F0CC

I. In assessing military posture in anticipation of the September 11 anniversary, White
House officials failed to comprehend or ignored the dramatically deteriorating security
situation in Libya and the growing threat to U.S. interests in the region. Official public
statements seem to have exaggerated the extent and rigor of the security assessment
conducted at the time.

II. U.S. personnel in Benghazi were woefully vulnerable in September 2012 because a.) the
administration did not direct a change in military force posture, b.) there was no
intelligence of a specific “imminent” threat in Libya, and c.) the Department of State,
which has primary responsibility for diplomatic security, favored a reduction of
Department of Defense security personnel in Libya before the attack.

III. Defense Department officials believed nearly from the outset of violence in Benghazi
that it was a terrorist attack rather than a protest gone awry, and the President
subsequently permitted the military to respond with minimal direction.

IV. The U.S. military’s response to the Benghazi attack was severely degraded because of
the location and readiness posture of U.S. forces, and because of lack of clarity about how
the terrorist action was unfolding. However, given the uncertainty about the prospective
length and scope of the attack, military commanders did not take all possible steps to
prepare for a more extended operation.

V. There was no “stand down” order issued to U.S. military personnel in Tripoli who
sought to join the fight in Benghazi. However, because official reviews after the attack
were not sufficiently comprehensive, there was confusion about the roles and
responsibilities of these individuals.

VI. The Department of Defense is working to correct many weaknesses revealed by the
Benghazi attack, but the global security situation is still deteriorating and military
resources continue to decline.

Alyosha
04-14-2014, 12:56 PM
That explains how long it took, but it doesn't explain why the fuck they were there or their stupid story about the film.

Alyosha
04-14-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm really shocked that no one cares that our intelligence communities are acting in ways that are contrary to our alleged ethics and principles.

The Xl
04-14-2014, 01:04 PM
I'm really shocked that no one cares that our intelligence communities are acting in ways that are contrary to our alleged ethics and principles.

No one has ever really cared, why would they start now?

zelmo1234
04-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Who will be?

What if we voted for someone like Snoopy! or Mickey Mouse! could they really do a worse job than the last 2?

Bob
04-14-2014, 01:07 PM

When the request for added security was sent by the ambassador, his request should have been honored and not denied.

zelmo1234
04-14-2014, 01:08 PM
That explains how long it took, but it doesn't explain why the fuck they were there or their stupid story about the film.

This is exactly what some don't get?

So just because there is a difference of opinion on the ability to attempt a rescue, does not forgive the fact, that the administration tried to cover this up to directly effect the election?

That has always been the issue, and those on the left have never understood that!

It really is not much different that what Nixon did several decades ago!

hanger4
04-14-2014, 01:48 PM
This is exactly what some don't get?So just because there is a difference of opinion on the ability to attempt a rescue, does not forgive the fact, that the administration tried to cover this up to directly effect the election?That has always been the issue, and those on the left have never understood that!It really is not much different that what Nixon did several decades ago!OH they understand it Zelmo, they just deny it (Cigar) or lie about it (MSM). Just like this bloger Cigar posted. Of all the questions reguarding what happened at Benghazi he/she picks one and claims exoneration. Sad part is low infomation voters like Cigar believe it.

Ransom
04-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Does this mean the C rated video producer gets out of jail.....the only person imprisoned for this terror act to date?

nic34
04-14-2014, 02:00 PM
What if we voted for someone like Snoopy! or Mickey Mouse! could they really do a worse job than the last 2?

I see. So no one has an answer to Hillary, but they are just so dam positive she won't be the next president.....

wow such denial....

Codename Section
04-14-2014, 02:07 PM
I see. So no one has an answer to Hillary, but they are just so dam positive she won't be the next president.....

wow such denial....

If the globalists want her she'll be president whether we want it or not. Why do you think that Obama is like Bush JR? Because he is supposed to be.

Ransom
04-14-2014, 02:15 PM

wow such denial....

Who is so positive she won't be?

zelmo1234
04-14-2014, 02:18 PM

wow such denial....

I still like Walker! I really think that we need a Gov!

I don't think a Senator, Congress person or Community organizer!

Mainecoons
04-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Nicky boy, why are you the flaming progressive so hot to have another obviously corrupt and way too old POTUS?

Do you ever learn from your mistakes? It doesn't seem so.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Benghazi was basically a witch hunt, not much different than Bridgegate. Yeah there was some wrongdoing but blown way, way out of proportion politically.

It's the only thing the GOP has going for them.

junie
04-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Benghazi was basically a witch hunt, not much different than Bridgegate. Yeah there was some wrongdoing but blown way, way out of proportion politically.

use to be we could count on the GOP not to turn serious national security issues into a political circus.

shame on mitt for doing so before ambassador stevens' body was even cold...

Alyosha
04-14-2014, 02:49 PM

I think that we had a covert mission and let people hang out to dry. That's how that stuff works and everyone involved knew the game.

My problem is the covert mission and why we constantly meddle in that region, and of course blaming a filmmaker and throwing him in jail.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2014, 02:53 PM
I think that we had a covert mission and let people hang out to dry. That's how that stuff works and everyone involved knew the game.

My problem is the covert mission and why we constantly meddle in that region, and of course blaming a filmmaker and throwing him in jail.

Agreed, completely - but it's turned into a political circus act.

Embarrassing.

hanger4
04-14-2014, 03:08 PM
use to be we could count on the GOP not to turn serious national security issues into a political circus.shame on mitt for doing so before ambassador stevens' body was even cold...OH come on junie, Obama started the circus by blaming the attack on a video.

junie
04-14-2014, 03:28 PM
OH come on junie, Obama started the circus by blaming the attack on a video.

that's the myth of all the shameless political parsing anyway...

in reality it was a crime scene in the midst of an international diplomatic effort and our president was 'blaming' terrorism in the rose garden the following day!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/12/remarks-president-deaths-us-embassy-staff-libya

Along with his colleagues, Chris died in a country that is still striving to emerge from the recent experience of war. Today, the loss of these four Americans is fresh, but our memories of them linger on. I have no doubt that their legacy will live on through the work that they did far from our shores and in the hearts of those who love them back home.

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers. These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity. They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity.

We grieve with their families, but let us carry on their memory, and let us continue their work of seeking a stronger America and a better world for all of our children.

Thank you. May God bless the memory of those we lost and may God bless the United States of America.

Alyosha
04-14-2014, 03:38 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cia-talking-points-for-susan-rice-called-benghazi-attack-spontaneously-inspired-by-protests/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGXy_yhOfNg

hanger4
04-14-2014, 03:49 PM
that's the myth of all the shameless political parsing anyway... in reality it was a crime scene in the midst of an international diplomatic effort and our president was 'blaming' terrorism in the rose garden the following day! http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/12/remarks-president-deaths-us-embassy-staff-libya...Along with his colleagues, Chris died in a country that is still striving to emerge from the recent experience of war. Today, the loss of these four Americans is fresh, but our memories of them linger on. I have no doubt that their legacy will live on through the work that they did far from our shores and in the hearts of those who love them back home.Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi. As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers. These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity. They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity.We grieve with their families, but let us carry on their memory, and let us continue their work of seeking a stronger America and a better world for all of our children.Thank you. May God bless the memory of those we lost and may God bless the United States of America.And on Letterman 7 days later; ''OBAMA: Here's what happened. ... You had a video that was released by somebody who lives here, sort of a shadowy character who -- who made an extremely offensive video directed at -- at Mohammed and Islam --LETTERMAN: Making fun of the Prophet Mohammed.OBAMA: Making fun of the Prophet Mohammed. And so, this caused great offense in much of the Muslim world. But what also happened, extremists and terrorists used this as an excuse to attack a variety of our embassies, including the one, the consulate in Libya'' 7 days later junie, Obama was still lying.

junie
04-14-2014, 03:58 PM
yeah we've seen it a zillion times... yes they spoke of a video which sparked outrage...

there were incidents at other embassies that day and various mixed reports in the media.

then weekend talking points were pounced on as supposed 'cover up', AS IF it wasn't reeeally angry muslim terrorists?

to borrow a phrase...at that point, after the fact, what does it MATTER the source of the outrage in psychotic terrorists minds that particular day?

diplomacy requires we attempt some sort of common ground understanding of what was widely perceived as perhaps a spark.

it's not like such videos didn't cause muslim outrage...

to OBVIOUS terrorists, any day is a good day to kill Americans... OBVIOUSLY.

again this was a crime scene and the investigation was ongoing and classified...

when mitt took the podium the following day, as a candidate for POTUS, undermining our international diplomacy efforts, it was shameful IMO.

The Sage of Main Street
04-14-2014, 04:08 PM

The Noise to follow ... will be the Sound of Denial :laughing4: Now the GOPers will have to resort to hiring some bimbo to give Barack the Rock a blowjob, just like the last time.

Alyosha
04-14-2014, 04:28 PM
yeah we've seen it a zillion times... yes they spoke of a video which sparked outrage...

there were incidents at other embassies that day and various mixed reports in the media.

then weekend talking points were pounced on as supposed 'cover up', AS IF it wasn't reeeally angry muslim terrorists?

to borrow a phrase...at that point, after the fact, what does it MATTER the source of the outrage in psychotic terrorists minds that particular day?

diplomacy requires we attempt some sort of common ground understanding of what was widely perceived as perhaps a spark.

again this was a crime scene and the investigation was ongoing and classified...

when mitt took the podium the following day, as a candidate for POTUS, undermining our international diplomacy efforts, it was shameful IMO.

Uh huh.

Kalkin
04-14-2014, 04:56 PM
When the request for added security was sent by the ambassador, his request should have been honored and not denied.
That would've undermined obama's claim that al Qaeda was on the run, right in the heat of an election. Better to deny the request and find a patsy for any problems that arise. A YouTube video would serve well as such, assuming the heretofore lapdog media continued to run interference.

Kalkin
04-14-2014, 04:58 PM

wow such denial....
Beavers build dams, I'm pretty damn positive of it.

hanger4
04-14-2014, 05:38 PM
yeah we've seen it a zillion times... yes they spoke of a video which sparked outrage...there were incidents at other embassies that day and various mixed reports in the media.then weekend talking points were pounced on as supposed 'cover up', AS IF it wasn't reeeally angry muslim terrorists?to borrow a phrase...at that point, after the fact, what does it MATTER the source of the outrage in psychotic terrorists minds that particular day?diplomacy requires we attempt some sort of common ground understanding of what was widely perceived as perhaps a spark.it's not like such videos didn't cause muslim outrage...to OBVIOUS terrorists, any day is a good day to kill Americans... OBVIOUSLY.again this was a crime scene and the investigation was ongoing and classified...when mitt took the podium the following day, as a candidate for POTUS, undermining our international diplomacy efforts, it was shameful IMO.Sorry people, Obama knew it wasn't a video with in min. afterwards. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/14/benghazi-transcripts-top-defense-officials-briefed-obama-on-attack-not-video-or/ Obama and his admin lied for two weeks more or less about the reasons. It's not a myth.

Ransom
04-14-2014, 05:42 PM
It cannot be exonerated. Let's remember this occurred on the anniv of 9-11. After numerous attacks on this same compound. After a just months earlier attack on the British Ambassador whereupon the Brits pulled their entire staff out of Libya. After repeated warnings and requests for more security from Stevens himself. Afterwards and for weeks, Obama himself repeatedly mentioned the video. Apologies for this video made by our top diplomats not to mention our Sec of State and President. The movie producer jailed. The President the very next day attended a fundraiser, no military units on alert nor called in. This incident was bungled from the onset resulting in 4 dead and if anyone today believes when you take out a President's Representative and there is no response that it doesn't affect your foreign policies and standing today, you're sadly mistaken. From Syria to Iran. From North Korea to China. From Crimea to Iraq.......this incident has as many long term tentacles as it does short.

zelmo1234
04-14-2014, 07:56 PM

Actually they need very little going for them in 2014, The ACA is taking care of that, the Democrats have to have anything and everything they can to deflect from that mess.

And now the new premium levels are starting to come out. some people will see that they are getting a 100% increase and those letter are going to hit in October!

The problem is they need a positive message between 2014 and 2016, because if there is anything left of the country by then, it is going to need major and quick work to try and repair it!

zelmo1234
04-14-2014, 07:57 PM
use to be we could count on the GOP not to turn serious national security issues into a political circus.

shame on mitt for doing so before ambassador stevens' body was even cold...

Shame on you, it was not Mitt, it was the video. Obama told us so!

zelmo1234
04-14-2014, 08:01 PM

They did not even know that the video existed until the President brought it up? And the person that made the video is in jail for it!

Is that right! Yes there are terrible things that happen at our political post throughout the world, but this is the first time that a President and their staff tried to lie because there was an election

nic34
04-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Beavers build dams, I'm pretty damn positive of it.

Oh so you must know who it WILL be!

hanger4
04-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Just so all will know, the person that made the *blamed* video did not go to jail because of it he went to jail for parole violations in a fraud case. Coincidence. He was released to a half-way house and in Sept 2013 he became a free man.

Professor Peabody
04-14-2014, 10:10 PM

Benghazi security contractor had history of failure in Libya, emails show

By Michal Conger | APRIL 1, 2014 AT 2:22 PM

Blue Mountain Group, the British company providing security at the U.S. compound in Benghazi during the Sept. 11, 2012, attack there, was hired by the State Department despite having lost several other contracts in Libya, according to emails obtained by watchdog group Judicial Watch.

Blue Mountain was awarded a year long contract in March 2012. Three months later, Jairo Saravia, the State Department's acting security regional officer in Tripoli, sent an email to Regional Security Officer David Oliveira in Benghazi alerting him that the company had problems in Libya.

“Just a quick note in regards to Blue Mountain. The company has lost several security contracts here in Tripoli, including The Corinthian Hotel and Palm City complex," Saravia said in a June 7 email. "The latest information is Blue Mountain is not licensed by the [government of Libya] to provide security services in Libya. I would advise not to use their services to provide security for any of our annexes and/or offices due to the sensitivity this issue has with the current GOL."

Judicial Watch obtained the documents in February through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit after the group's FOIA request for the emails was denied. The emails were released Tuesday.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/benghazi-security-contractor-had-history-of-failure-in-libya-emails-show/article/2546626

There were plenty of assets in the area including 2 San Antonio-class amphibious transport dock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio-class_amphibious_transport_dock) ships, in the area with the helicopter carrying U.S.S. New York being the closest. They could have easily moved off shore in Benghazi to defend our people.

March 2012: U.S. Embassy in Tripoli lead security officer, RSO Eric Nordstrom, requests additional security but later testified he received no response.

After all the security incidents including bombs thrown at our Consulate in Benghazi and requests for additional security, AMAZINGLY the Hillary Clinton's State Dept REDUCED security in Benghazi instead of increasing it.

Early August: State Dept. removes the last of three 6-man State Dept. security teams and a 16-man military SST team from Libya.

I love the title of this thread "Obama Administration Exonerated On Benghazi". Had Hillary Clinton's State Dept and the Obama administration accurately assessed the threat to our people (duh they kept asking for more security) then "ACTED" beforehand instead of waiting till the attack was in progress before thinking about what to do, those 4 Americans might just still be alive today.

It's not about what they did AFTER, it's about what they did before to protect our people.

Security Incidents Prior to the Benghazi Attack

December 2011: Terror plot thwarted, but Benghazi emergency plan warns of many Islamic terrorists still operating in area.

March 2012: U.S. Embassy in Tripoli lead security officer, RSO Eric Nordstrom, requests additional security but later testified he received no response.

April 10, 2012: An explosive device is thrown at a convoy carrying U.N. envoy Ian Martin.

May 22, 2012: A rocket-propelled grenade hits the offices of the International Red Cross.

June 6, 2012: An IED explodes outside the Benghazi consulate compound.

June 11, 2012: An RPG hits a convoy carrying the British Ambassador. The U.K. closes its consulate. Col. Wood, military Site Security Team (SST) commander, is in Benghazi, and helps with emergency response.

July 2012: RSO Nordstrom again requests additional security (perhaps via cable signed by Amb. Stevens dated July 9, see below).

July 9, 2012: Amb. Stevens sends a cable requesting continued help from military SST and State Dept. MSD (Mobile Security Deployment team) through mid-Sept. 2012, saying that benchmarks for a drawdown have not been met. The teams are not extended.

Before death, Amb. Stevens warned of "violent" Libya landscape

Early August: State Dept. removes the last of three 6-man State Dept. security teams and a 16-man military SST team from Libya.

August 2, 2012: Ambassador Stevens sends a cable to D.C. requesting "protective detail bodyguard postions" -- saying the added guards "will fill the vaccum of security personnel currently at post... who will be leaving with the next month and will not be replaced." He called "the security condition in Libya ... unpredictable, volatile and violent."

August 8, 2012: A cable from Amb. Stevens to D.C. says "a series of violent incidents has dominated the political landscape" and calls them "targeted and discriminate attacks."

Aug. 27, 2012: The State Department issues a travel warning for Libya citing the threat of assassination and car bombings in Benghazi/Tripoli.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57544719/timeline-how-benghazi-attack-probe-unfolded/

• March 18, 2012 – Armed robbery occurs at the British School in Benghazi.

• March 22, 2012 – Members of a militia searching for a suspect fire their weapons near the SMC and attempt to enter.

• April 2, 2012 – A UK armored diplomatic vehicle is attacked after driving into a local protest. The vehicle was damaged but occupants uninjured.

• April 6, 2012 – A gelatina bomb (traditional homemade explosive deviceused for fishing) is thrown over the SMC north wall.

• April 10, 2012 – An IED (gelatina or dynamite stick) is thrown at the motorcade of the UN Special Envoy to Libya in Benghazi.

• April 26, 2012 – Special Mission Benghazi principal officer is evacuatedfrom International Medical University (IMU) after a fistfight escalated to gunfire between Tripoli - based trade delegation security personnel and IMU security.

• April 27, 2012 – Two South African nationals in Libya as part of U.S. funded weapons abatement, unexploded ordnance removal and demining project are detained at gunpoint by militia, questioned and released.

• May 22, 2012 – Benghazi International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) building struck by rocket propelled grenades (RPGs).

• May 28, 2012 – A previously unknown organization, Omar Abdurrahman group, claims responsibility for the ICRC attac
k and issues a threat against the United States on social media sites.

• June 6, 2012 – IED attack on the SMC . The IED detonates with no injuries but blows a large hole in the compound’s exterior wall. Omar Abdurrahman group makes an unsubstantiated claim of responsibility.

• June 8, 2012 – Two hand grenades target a parked UK diplomatic vehicle in Sabha (800 km south of Benghazi).

• June 11, 2012 – While in Benghazi, the British Ambassador’s convoy is attacked with an RPG and possible AK-47s. Two UK security officers are injured; the UK closes its mission in Benghazi the following day.

• June 12, 2012 – An RPG attack is made on the ICRC compound in Misrata (400 km west of Benghazi).

• June 18, 2012 – Protestors storm the Tunisian consulate in Benghazi.

• July 29, 2012 – An IED is found on grounds of the Tibesti Hotel.

• July 30, 2012 – Sudanese Consul in Benghazi is carjacked and driver beaten.

• July 31, 2012 – Seven Iranian - citizen ICRC workers abducted in Benghazi.

• August 5, 2012 – ICRC Misrata office is attacked with RPGs. ICRC withdraws its representatives from Misrata and Benghazi.

• August 9, 2012 – A Spanish - American dual national NGO worker isabducted from the Islamic Cultural Center in Benghazi and released the same day.

• August 20, 2012 – A small bomb is thrown at an Egyptian diplomat’s vehicle parked outside of the Egyptian consulate in Benghazi.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/202446.pdf

Hillary Clinton's State Dept actually REDUCED security in Benghazi, despite pleas from Ambassador Steven's and others to INCREASE it. Liberals and Democrats want to frame the Benghazi attack as beginning when the attack did, so there was nothing that could be done. Nothing could be further from the truth. A Benghazi terror plot had been thwarted as far back as 12/2011, a Full 9 months before the attack. Face it Hillary Clinton's State Dept botched the whole Benghazi situation from start to finish as badly as her husband's administration did with 2 years of definitive Intel before the OTHER 9/11 attacks. If she couldn't handle the State Dept well enough to ensure the first American Ambassador killed in the line of duty since 1979 ...WASN'T, why would anyone even dream she could handle being President of the United States?

The Sage of Main Street
04-15-2014, 12:29 PM
It cannot be exonerated. Let's remember 9-11. After numerous attacks on this same compound. After a just months earlier attack on the Ambassador After repeated warnings and requests for more security Apologies for this video made by our top diplomats not to mention our Sec of State and President. no military units on alert nor called in. This incident was bungled from the onset resulting in dead and if anyone today believes when you take out a President's Representative and there is no response that it doesn't affect your foreign policies and standing today, you're sadly mistaken. From Syria to Iran. From North Korea to China. From Crimea to Iraq.......this incident has as many long term tentacles as it does short.

The horror! This tops the 3,000 people murdered on 9/11 because of the Bush Administration's negligence.