PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming Is Bullshit

Green Arrow
04-14-2014, 04:10 PM
...and I know this because I read it in an opinion article by someone who isn't a scientist, therefore I am correct and no amount of sciencey articles will change that.

Right?

Alyosha
04-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Well, we know how shady scientists are...

Green Arrow
04-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Well, we know how shady scientists are...

When they disagree with us, anyway.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2014, 04:24 PM
http://troll.me/images/captain-hindsight/its-fucking-bullshit.jpg

Alyosha
04-14-2014, 04:27 PM
When they disagree with us, anyway.

Then we need some historians and property managers to help us figure it out!

Green Arrow
04-14-2014, 04:28 PM
Ravi, you should totally agree that global warming is bullshit 'cause this opinion article by a non-scientist says so.

Total BS (http://m.townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2014/02/18/5-scientific-reasons-that-global-warming-isnt-happening-n1796423/page/full)

The Sage of Main Street
04-14-2014, 04:29 PM
...and I know this because I read it in an opinion article by someone who isn't a scientist, therefore I am correct and no amount of sciencey articles will change that.

Right?

( @Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863) ) The Warmalarmies are pathetic minor-league scientists who want to play superheroes out to save the world. They are "poor players who strut and fret upon the stage and then are heard no more" (Macbeth). But here, in a society evolving backwards, is their chance to tie up the real players backstage and ham it up in front of an audience that has the primitive, pre-intelligence viewpoint that Nature is supernatural.

Ravi
04-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Just when you think OPs can't get any dopier....

Green Arrow
04-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Just when you think OPs can't get any dopier....

What's dopey about it? I have ironclad proof (from an op-ed) by a reputable source (who is not a scientist) that global warming is a myth. Clearly, it must be true.

Chris
04-14-2014, 05:36 PM
What's dopey about it? I have ironclad proof (from an op-ed) by a reputable source (who is not a scientist) that global warming is a myth. Clearly, it must be true.

Yea but wikipedia says "Global warming refers to an unequivocal and continuing rise in the average temperature of Earth's climate system."

Ravi
04-14-2014, 06:14 PM
What's dopey about it? I have ironclad proof (from an op-ed) by a reputable source (who is not a scientist) that global warming is a myth. Clearly, it must be true.aside from the obvious your assumptions are dopey.

Bob
04-14-2014, 06:16 PM

Right?

Google Richard Lindzen who is perhaps the worlds greatest science professor with his specialty being global climate. If you think he is full of it, read more comics.

I would happily show you some of his research peer reviewed but it comes in PDF format allowing you to easy produce it and charts and proofs, not what this forum needs.

Refugee
04-14-2014, 06:25 PM

Right?

I’m not sure whether this is meant to be serious or not, if it is I’m staying well clear of it. The global warming/climate change statistics alone can bring on migraines and those not fully believing the presented ‘facts’ want to destroy the world.

A few hundred years ago the Thames river (salt water) flowing through London used to regularly freeze over. In the 70’s I distinctly remember the forecasts of a coming ice age. When that didn’t happen they changed the term to ‘global warming’. That didn’t happen either, so it then became, ‘climate change’.

Both terms produced the desired outcome? The one thing in the world you were told was free, (air), isn’t any longer. Along with ‘cow farts’ and producing smoke from your BBQ’s, you’re now the problem, you dangerous little carbon dioxide exhaling planet destroyer. It’s your fault and you can now be taxed on it!

Not enough revenue from that? Let’s produce emission control certificates for your vehicle and pollution control certificates for businesses, which governments can sell on their own little stock market. Pollute as much as you want, but you need to buy a certificate first.

Here’s a prediction; along with erupting volcanoes, the odd tsunami and occasional warm, or cold winters, worry not. The earth was here long before you came and it will be here long after you’ve left. The difference is that someone cleverer than us figured out a way to make money from it. I’m just a bit upset that I didn’t think of it before the Al Gore’s and Michael Moore’s got their sticky fingers on the profit! :smiley:

Matty
04-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Happens every 400,000 years or so

http://www.livescience.com/18426-earth-magnetic-poles-flip.html

Alyosha
04-14-2014, 06:53 PM
aside from the obvious your assumptions are dopey.

Maybe we can find a religion major to weigh in, Ravi ? :roflmao:

Green Arrow
04-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Nope, you're all wrong. My op-ed by a non-scientist proves it.

Bob
04-14-2014, 07:01 PM
I’m not sure whether this is meant to be serious or not, if it is I’m staying well clear of it. The global warming/climate change statistics alone can bring on migraines and those not fully believing the presented ‘facts’ want to destroy the world.

A few hundred years ago the Thames river (salt water) flowing through London used to regularly freeze over. In the 70’s I distinctly remember the forecasts of a coming ice age. When that didn’t happen they changed the term to ‘global warming’. That didn’t happen either, so it then became, ‘climate change’.

Both terms produced the desired outcome? The one thing in the world you were told was free, (air), isn’t any longer. Along with ‘cow farts’ and producing smoke from your BBQ’s, you’re now the problem, you dangerous little carbon dioxide exhaling planet destroyer. It’s your fault and you can now be taxed on it!

Not enough revenue from that? Let’s produce emission control certificates for your vehicle and pollution control certificates for businesses, which governments can sell on their own little stock market. Pollute as much as you want, but you need to buy a certificate first.

Here’s a prediction; along with erupting volcanoes, the odd tsunami and occasional warm, or cold winters, worry not. The earth was here long before you came and it will be here long after you’ve left. The difference is that someone cleverer than us figured out a way to make money from it. I’m just a bit upset that I didn’t think of it before the Al Gore’s and Michael Moore’s got their sticky fingers on the profit! :smiley:

You certainly figured out the kooks who take the blame for climate. It is extremely arrogant to suppose that a tiny fraction of CO2 in the millionths managed to warm up the entire planet.

I have things to worry about. Things like will China wake up and attack America? You know, stuff like the economy of Europe and USA. How weird I am worried about a thing man can control.

Alyosha
04-14-2014, 07:04 PM
The planet is warming. The why's I'm not sure about, but I'm not going to pretend it is not.

Refugee
04-14-2014, 07:11 PM
You certainly figured out the kooks who take the blame for climate. It is extremely arrogant to suppose that a tiny fraction of CO2 in the millionths managed to warm up the entire planet.

I have things to worry about. Things like will China wake up and attack America? You know, stuff like the economy of Europe and USA. How weird I am worried about a thing man can control.

Rest easy Bob, China aren’t going to attack. That’s why they’re busily ploughing their money into bailing out the west, they want the markets back again.

You can't lose with climate change. If the climate changes to what you want it's because you paid from your taxes towards it and so have to keep paying to keep it that way and if it doesn't you've got to pay more to make it work. :smiley:

Peter1469
04-14-2014, 07:14 PM
Global warming is what happens in between ice ages... :smiley:

Matty
04-14-2014, 09:58 PM
The planet is warming. The why's I'm not sure about, but I'm not going to pretend it is not.

It' cyclical. I posted an excellent link!

Bob
04-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Rest easy Bob, China aren’t going to attack. That’s why they’re busily ploughing their money into bailing out the west, they want the markets back again.

You can't lose with climate change. If the climate changes to what you want it's because you paid from your taxes towards it and so have to keep paying to keep it that way and if it doesn't you've got to pay more to make it work. :smiley:

I agree that an attack by China is almost as remote as the Sun suddenly going dark this year.
But it was to say I am not worried about GW.

I know many make a lot of money selling this to the gullible, but I have talked to experts. They don't agree it is happening due to man.

Bob
04-14-2014, 10:14 PM

Have you seen the proof it is warming?

Not the claims, but the actual proof?

spunkloaf
04-15-2014, 01:24 AM
Way to stir the shit pot. I hope some day somebody makes you lick the spoon.

Bob
04-15-2014, 01:33 AM
Way to stir the shit pot. I hope some day somebody makes you lick the spoon.

Don't know who you are talking to, but the spoon is in Praline Ice Cream. No chocolate in it.

spunkloaf
04-15-2014, 01:38 AM
Don't know who you are talking to, but the spoon is in Praline Ice Cream. No chocolate in it.

I wasn't talking to you.

But I'm reading your posts in this thread.

It's late and I am a bit crabby, so excuse me for saying you're as full of shit as the people you are labeling as gullible.

Good night.

Bob
04-15-2014, 01:55 AM
I wasn't talking to you.

But I'm reading your posts in this thread.

It's late and I am a bit crabby, so excuse me for saying you're as full of shit as the people you are labeling as gullible.

Good night.

Well, my expert agrees with me.

As to being full of shit, explain what that is like since you are an expert???

Refugee
04-15-2014, 02:01 AM
Together, we can save the world, feed the world, make poverty history, ban the bomb, save the seals . . . . . Why is it that it always costs me money and it never seems to happen?

Bob Geldorf, Michael Moore, Al Gore . . . they're new age sound bites, a bit like "Yes we can"? :laugh:

For $50 I'll promise you anything you want Bob, an afterlife certificate is an extra $10. Grab 'em whilst they're on special offer. Cash only please! I cant do anything about global warming, someone already beat me to it.

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

zelmo1234
04-15-2014, 05:21 AM
Yea but wikipedia says "Global warming refers to an unequivocal and continuing rise in the average temperature of Earth's climate system."

Left wing propaganda!

junie
04-15-2014, 06:51 AM
aside from the obvious your assumptions are dopey.

when all the dopes agree that must prove something about something, or something...

The Sage of Main Street
04-15-2014, 11:38 AM

Your irony rusts. Your mock is in hock. Your satire needs to retire. Your spoof goes poof.