PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Republicans To Vote On Secession

Cigar
04-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Wisconsin Republicans will vote next month on whether they support allowing the state to secede from the United States of America.

Last month, one of the Republican caucuses in the state passed a resolution asserting the state's right to secede.

According to Daniel Bice at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, many top officials had hoped that resolution would be killed at the party's Resolutions Committee meeting on April 5. Instead, the committee adopted it, meaning it will now get an up-or-down vote at the Wisconsin GOP convention, which is taking place in Milwaukee May 2-4.

Ian Millhiser of ThinkProgress noted the strange turn the conservative movement has taken with these calls for secession, with "no shortage of irony to the Party of Lincoln now morphing into the Party of Secession."

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/14/wisconsin-secession_n_5147443.html

Does this mean the Green Bay Packers will go to the Canadian League :grin:

http://headblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/green_bay_packers_cheese_head.jpg

texan
04-14-2014, 08:37 PM
After watching that shit in Nevada I don't blame them! That picture above must be the director of the land management

Green Arrow
04-14-2014, 08:41 PM
And? More states should do this.

Guerilla
04-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Does it seem like that kind of came out of no where? Nothing happens their. Why would Wisconsin secede?

Go Wisconsin!

Green Arrow
04-15-2014, 12:10 AM
Does it seem like that kind of came out of no where? Nothing happens their. Why would Wisconsin secede?

Go Wisconsin!

No clue. It's a purple state, most people forget it's there. It's kinda like Alaska really. All we get from Wisconsin is the Packers and Paul Ryan, and we could do without both.

Still, I'm very staunchly pro-separatism, so go Wisconsin!

KC
04-15-2014, 12:16 AM
No one really talks about this around here in WI. Maybe the sentiment is stronger north of Madison.

KC
04-15-2014, 12:53 AM
No clue. It's a purple state, most people forget it's there. It's kinda like Alaska really. All we get from Wisconsin is the Packers and Paul Ryan, and we could do without both.

At least the Packers have their moments.

I will do my part by refusing to vote for Ryan, but it's not like you would be thrilled by Zerban, should he be elected.

GrassrootsConservative
04-15-2014, 01:17 AM

It's pretty easy to see OP is just mad that his Bears are one of the most awful teams in the game right now.

Bob
04-15-2014, 01:30 AM
Each state should be able to vote to stay or leave the union.

Outlaw Abe Lincoln got it wrong. We have many problems today due to the old outlaw.

KC
04-15-2014, 02:03 AM
It's pretty easy to see OP is just mad that his Bears are one of the most awful teams in the game right now.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/41/412eb863897308447a6d65edb1d3bf64afafb3c08ac0a5b9f0 b3e071f705a802.jpg

Green Arrow
04-15-2014, 02:22 AM

I will do my part by refusing to vote for Ryan, but it's not like you would be thrilled by Zerban, should he be elected.

I find myself completely unthrilled about most of our options these days.

Also, yes, your Packers have their moments. My Titans are just better ;)

KC
04-15-2014, 02:32 AM
http://headblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/green_bay_packers_cheese_head.jpg

Speaking of football, I'm sorta pissed that this pic of me surfaced here.

KC
04-15-2014, 02:34 AM

This last season was particularly lackluster for us. I'm not a huge football fan though-- as long as we still beat the Bears I'm content with the Pack.

GrassrootsConservative
04-15-2014, 03:05 AM
I'm very proud of my Vikings. Not sure how they are doing, because I don't really keep up with football, but I know they're way better than the Bears.

zelmo1234
04-15-2014, 05:09 AM

The Titians still have a team? Who would have thought! :)

zelmo1234
04-15-2014, 05:09 AM
I'm very proud of my Vikings. Not sure how they are doing, because I don't really keep up with football, but I know they're way better than the Bears.

Not for a long time, but they are improving!

zelmo1234
04-15-2014, 05:10 AM
Did you ever think that Wisconsin looked at the massive debt that IL will be trying to get the rest of the nations to pay for very soon and said F you!

We are leaving?

Mainecoons
04-15-2014, 05:24 AM
All of you stop whining. You could be Redskins fans, now that is about as bad as it gets. Rumor has it the name will shortly be changed by changing the first letter from an "R" to a "D."

1751_Texan
04-15-2014, 05:52 AM
Voting on a non binding referendum in support of secession is like bragging about kissing your sister.

It is feel good legisalation that has no weight of the law. There is no lawful[constitutional] way a state can secede[revolt] from the Union; Although many of the founding fathers and American leaders thoughout our history have affirmend a state's or states' right to revolt aganist the Union when..."an extraconstitutional right to revolt against conditions of "intolerable oppression"... exist.

Mainecoons
04-15-2014, 05:56 AM
Please cite where in the Constitution secession is prohibited, thanks. I'll assume you understand that after the fact ruling by Lincoln's kangaroo "supreme" court was a sham.

I've read the document from cover to cover and I don't see anything in there that justifies your statement that secession is unconstitutional. Indeed, the Constitution, before perverted by Lincoln, Wilson, Roosevelt, et. al. is a document that reserves powers to the states unless specifically granted to the Federal government.

The whole problem here is that the current mode of government in the U.S. is unconstitutional.

Ravi
04-15-2014, 06:00 AM
If Wisconsin Republicans want to leave the USA why don't they?

zelmo1234
04-15-2014, 06:30 AM
All of you stop whining. You could be Redskins fans, now that is about as bad as it gets. Rumor has it the name will shortly be changed by changing the first letter from an "R" to a "D."

Oh! shut up, I live in MI try being a lions fan, since the 1950's

Mainecoons
04-15-2014, 06:32 AM
My cat is a bigger lion than that team. You do have a good reason for whining.

zelmo1234
04-15-2014, 06:32 AM

Maybe they are more concerned about the US government actually following the constitution! And only want the option as a last resort.

But if we continue down the path that the progressives think is the way to go, it may come down to this having to leave to protect the people of your state from the BLM for example!

Cigar
04-15-2014, 07:02 AM
And? More states should do this.

I say do us all a favor, stop talking and start walking. :laugh:

Cigar
04-15-2014, 07:03 AM

Just because you have a Bigger Pussy, don't mean Jack Shit. :laugh:

donttread
04-15-2014, 07:11 AM
Wisconsin Republicans will vote next month on whether they support allowing the state to secede from the United States of America.

Last month, one of the Republican caucuses in the state passed a resolution asserting the state's right to secede.

According to Daniel Bice at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, many top officials had hoped that resolution would be killed at the party's Resolutions Committee meeting on April 5. Instead, the committee adopted it, meaning it will now get an up-or-down vote at the Wisconsin GOP convention, which is taking place in Milwaukee May 2-4.

Ian Millhiser of ThinkProgress noted the strange turn the conservative movement has taken with these calls for secession, with "no shortage of irony to the Party of Lincoln now morphing into the Party of Secession."

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/14/wisconsin-secession_n_5147443.html

Does this mean the Green Bay Packers will go to the Canadian League :grin:

One by one the states wake up to the fact that feds have usurped their rights

Cigar
04-15-2014, 07:13 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YNOvftigVfU/T4d50Hc_ODI/AAAAAAAAANQ/LoDxdlMMeHk/s1600/copy+of+pouting+girl.jpg

Ravens Fan
04-15-2014, 07:30 AM
Well then I am ahead of the game, been calling them that for years :smiley:

1751_Texan
04-15-2014, 07:38 AM
Maybe they are more concerned about the US government actually following the constitution! And only want the option as a last resort.

But if we continue down the path that the progressives think is the way to go, it may come down to this having to leave to protect the people of your state from the BLM for example!

Please don't tell me you believe the way to deal with the federal government's precieved unconstitutional acts is by committing an unconstitutional act...

Where was the state petitioning the federal government for an injuction of the actions of the BLM?

You can not claim states' rights--and a failure of the federal governments' adhereance to the Constitution-- if the state does not act to petition the federal government for redress of grievences.

Mainecoons
04-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Texan, you still haven't answered my question. You are claiming that secession is unconstitutional but thus far you have failed to cite where this is stated in that document.

Please cite where in the Constitution secession is prohibited, thanks. I'll assume you understand that after the fact ruling by Lincoln's kangaroo "supreme" court was a sham.

I've read the document from cover to cover and I don't see anything in there that justifies your statement that secession is unconstitutional. Indeed, the Constitution, before perverted by Lincoln, Wilson, Roosevelt, et. al. is a document that reserves powers to the states unless specifically granted to the Federal government.

Alyosha
04-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Please don't tell me you believe the way to deal with the federal government's precieved unconstitutional acts is by committing an unconstitutional act...

If someone breaks a deal why are you still required to honor it? That's not honor, that's stupidity. The deal is broken.

junie
04-15-2014, 08:12 AM
Texan, you still haven't answered my question. You are claiming that secession is unconstitutional but thus far you have failed to cite where this is stated in that document.

did you miss the rest of what he said...?

" many of the founding fathers and American leaders thoughout our history have affirmend a state's or states' right to revolt aganist the Union when..."an extraconstitutional right to revolt against conditions of "intolerable oppression"... exist. "

so what is the 'intolerable oppression' and where is the request for a redress of grievances?

1751_Texan
04-15-2014, 08:13 AM
If someone breaks a deal why are you still required to honor it? That's not honor, that's stupidity. The deal is broken.

Who are you claiming broke a contract?

The courts handle contract conflicts every business day. If you have a case...ajudicate that case in a court of law.

1751_Texan
04-15-2014, 08:26 AM

The whole problem here is that the current mode of government in the U.S. is unconstitutional.

The Contitution provides for the creation for new states, but does not provide for a state to leave the union. If a state claims that right, and wishes to use the constitution to do so...then what provison allows that procedure.

If your contenrtion is correct...a state could simply declare its secession without any legeslation or judicial ruling needed. If there is no constitutional restriction to secession, then a state could invent their own procedure to leave the Union.

No vote of the Wisconsin state legislature or the participation the people of Wisconsin is needed. The Governor of the state, or even the legislature, could simply act on his[their] own and proclaim the state seceded. If the constitution is invalid in this issue, what rule or law is there to stop him, or the state legislature?

Alyosha
04-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Who are you claiming broke a contract?

The US government, several times over.

The courts handle contract conflicts every business day. If you have a case...ajudicate that case in a court of law.

And having courts run by the government with paid government employees to settle a suit against the government just seems a bit like asking the fox to guard the henhouse to me.

Alyosha
04-15-2014, 08:27 AM
The Contitution provides for the creation for new states, but does not provide for a state to leave the union.

It also doesn't provide for the creation of NASA or the CIA, and yet...

Mainecoons
04-15-2014, 08:33 AM
The Contitution provides for the creation for new states, but does not provide for a state to leave the union. If a state claims that right, and wishes to use the constitution to do so...then what provison allows that procedure.

Very, very simple.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
What part of "reserved to the states respectively" don't you understand? If the Constitution doesn't stipulate it, it is up to the states, not the Federal government.

1751_Texan
04-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Very, very simple.

What part of "reserved to the states respectively" don't you understand? If the Constitution doesn't stipulate it, it is up to the states, not the Federal government.

The 10th amendment is not a carte blance to the states...they still have to adhere to the other provisions of the constitution.

You are correct. The use of the 10th amendment is a simplistic arguement.

1751_Texan
04-15-2014, 08:43 AM
It also doesn't provide for the creation of NASA or the CIA, and yet...

The creation of the NASA, CIA and others was done via our representative form of government.

If you and like minded Americans wish to abolish these agencies...then that could be accomplished via our current republican form of government. The constitution does not have to be re-written or invalidated to do so.

nic34
04-15-2014, 08:47 AM

This position you take is what makes me believe that political chart is bogus....
:grin:

1751_Texan
04-15-2014, 08:49 AM
The US government, several times over.

You do understand that the federal government is not one monolith. Not one moster no one beast.

And having courts run by the government with paid government employees to settle a suit against the government just seems a bit like asking the fox to guard the henhouse to me.

If you dont recognize the our rebublican form of government and the courts...then constitution can not help.

You have set your cause up for certain failure.

Alyosha
04-15-2014, 08:49 AM
The 10th amendment is not a carte blance to the states...they still have to adhere to the other provisions of the constitution.

The fact that you say this shows you never read the preamble to the Bill of Rights.

I don't really blame you for your positions. The storm troopers couldn't withstand the Jedi Mind Trick, either.

junie
04-15-2014, 08:51 AM
Dear Secessionists: We’ll See Your Petition and Raise You

One of the many great things thing about America’s grand experiment in democracy is that people are free to object to it. In the nine days since Nov. 6, more than 500,000 signatures from residents of all 50 states have appeared on petitions demanding the right to secede from the union in light of President Obama’s reelection.

Most of the requests, hosted on the White House’s “We The People (https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/)” online petition website, ask that the President “peacefully grant the state of ______ [Maine (http://topics.time.com/maine/), Texas (http://topics.time.com/texas/), Wisconsin (http://topics.time.com/wisconsin/), etc.] to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.” Some even quote the Declaration of Independence (http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/) to support their argument.

Another great thing about America, however, is that people are free to make fun of each other — particularly of those citizens who appear to have skipped the fourth grade class when their teachers began the chapter on the Civil War (http://www.history.com/topics/american-civil-war).

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/11/15/petition-to-secede-obama-reelection/

nic34
04-15-2014, 08:52 AM

Its all talk just like Rick Perry's Texas.... they know as soon as they did, they''d be hat in hand looking for foreign aid.....
:wink:

Alyosha
04-15-2014, 08:54 AM
You do understand that the federal government is not one monolith. Not one moster no one beast.

The federal government is in fact a monster, self-created, self-sustained, and so far-reaching that it's frightening. I suppose that's why people ignore it, and believe the best.

It was never intended to be that large or contain the level of bureaucratic control that it is, but we can thank Adams and his Midnight Judges for that one.

If you dont recognize the our rebublican form of government and the courts...then constitution can not help.

You have set your cause up for certain failure.

How is it a "republican form of government" when the numbers of Senators and Congressmen are fixed at 435 for the House and 100 for the Senate while the people are approaching around 312 million (not including undocumenteds).

Is that truly a representative democracy, or "republic", when the number of elected officials is fixed at such a low number? That pretty much seals the deal that we will forever be run by corporations with access to those small, "chosen" few.

Mainecoons
04-15-2014, 09:23 AM

You are correct. The use of the 10th amendment is a simplistic arguement.

You still have yet to identify or quote a stipulation in the Constitution that prohibits secession.

A simplistic argument is repeating the same fallacy over and over and failing to validate it when specifically asked to do so. Which is what you are doing here.

If, in fact, the Constitution has no stipulation regarding secession, then that power is reserved to the states. The Constitution is crystal clear on that.

I would have thought that if such a stipulation existed, Mr. Lincoln would have not found it necessary to have his kangaroo supreme court make one up after he had already begun the war of northern aggression. So apparently Mr. Lincoln couldn't find the stipulation any better than you can. He had to create a pretext for outlawing secession since one didn't exist in the Constitution as written.

1751_Texan
04-15-2014, 09:25 AM
The fact that you say this shows you never read the preamble to the Bill of Rights.

I don't really blame you for your positions. The storm troopers couldn't withstand the Jedi Mind Trick, either.

The preamble to the constitution holds no weight of law. It is merly an introduction to the Constitution. That is a common belief mistake amongst constitutional novices.

I deal in realities, not in childhood fanciful lands and times...far-far away.

Alyosha
04-15-2014, 09:29 AM
The preamble to the constitution holds no weight of law. It is merly an introduction to the Constitution. That is a common belief mistake amongst constitutional novices.

I said the Preamble to the Bill of Rights, lol. It explains that the purpose is to place prohibitions on the federal government. Oh dear, some people...

Mainecoons
04-15-2014, 09:30 AM

The tenth amendment isn't in the preamble. :grin:

Since you deal in realities, I await with bated breath your real citation of the section of the Constitution prohibiting secession. Perhaps you are a better reader than Mr. Lincoln?

Alyosha
04-15-2014, 09:32 AM
The Preamble to The Bill of Rights
Congress of the United States
begun and held at the City of New-York, on
Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine.
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.
RESOLVED by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two thirds of both Houses concurring, that the following Articles be proposed to the Legislatures of the several States, as amendments to the Constitution of the United States, all, or any of which Articles, when ratified by three fourths of the said Legislatures, to be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of the said Constitution; viz.
ARTICLES in addition to, and Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America, proposed by Congress, and ratified by the Legislatures of the several States, pursuant to the fifth Article of the original Constitution.

Alyosha
04-15-2014, 09:33 AM
...further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added.

Why?

...to prevent misconstruction and abuse of its powers.

--meaning the Bill of Rights is about constraining the powers of government, not individuals.

Mainecoons
04-15-2014, 09:36 AM
Yes, the entire bill of rights was about restricting a potentially dangerous central government. And it worked until the progressives dismantled/ignored it.

Alyosha
04-15-2014, 09:38 AM
Yes, the entire bill of rights was about restricting a potentially dangerous central government. And it worked until the progressives dismantled/ignored it.

The funny thing is all these alleged liberals are falling for this government is good thing and ignoring how their peeps are selling us out to the Chinese no differently than the Republicans are.

I just wish I could save Nic. He'd be great for our hippie community we're building. :(

Matty
04-15-2014, 09:40 AM

Hey man! We get cheese!

Ravi
04-15-2014, 09:58 AM

Where was the state petitioning the federal government for an injuction of the actions of the BLM?

You can not claim states' rights--and a failure of the federal governments' adhereance to the Constitution-- if the state does not act to petition the federal government for redress of grievences.

Nevada's constitution gives paramount allegiance to the federal government. So unless they amend their constitution, they aren't going to be petitioning the federal government any time soon.

Alyosha
04-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Nevada's constitution gives paramount allegiance to the federal government. So unless they amend their constitution, they aren't going to be petitioning the federal government any time soon.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/const/nvconst.html

http://law.justia.com/codes/nevada/2010/title26/chapter321/nrs321-596.html

2010 Nevada Code
TITLE 26 PUBLIC LANDS
Chapter 321 Administration, Control and Transfer of State Lands
NRS 321.596 Legislative findings.NRS 321.596 Legislative findings. The Legislature finds that:1. The State of Nevada has a strong moral claim upon the public land retained by the Federal Government within Nevada's borders because:(a) On October 31, 1864, the Territory of Nevada was admitted to statehood on the condition that it forever disclaim all right and title to unappropriated public land within its boundaries;(b) From 1850 to 1894, newly admitted states received 2 sections of each township for the benefit of common schools, which in Nevada amounted to 3.9 million acres;(c) In 1880 Nevada agreed to exchange its 3.9-million-acre school grant for 2 million acres of its own selection from public land in Nevada held by the Federal Government;(d) At the time the exchange was deemed necessary because of an immediate need for public school revenues and because the majority of the original federal land grant for common schools remained unsurveyed and unsold;(e) Unlike certain other states, such as New Mexico, Nevada received no land grants from the Federal Government when Nevada was a territory;(f) Nevada received no land grants for insane asylums, schools of mines, schools for the blind and deaf and dumb, normal schools, miners' hospitals or a governor's residence as did states such as New Mexico; and(g) Nevada thus received the least amount of land, 2,572,478 acres, and the smallest percentage of its total area, 3.9 percent, of the land grant states in the Far West admitted after 1864, while states of comparable location and soil, namely Arizona, New Mexico and Utah, received approximately 11 percent of their total area in federal land grants.2. The State of Nevada has a legal claim to the public land retained by the Federal Government within Nevada's borders because:(a) In the case of the State of Alabama, a renunciation of any claim to unappropriated lands similar to that contained in the ordinance adopted by the Nevada constitutional convention was held by the Supreme Court of the United States to be "void and inoperative" because it denied to Alabama "an equal footing with the original states" in Pollard v. Hagan, 44 U.S. (3 How.) 212 (1845);(b) The State of Texas, when admitted to the Union in 1845, retained ownership of all unappropriated land within its borders, setting a further precedent which inured to the benefit of all states admitted later "on an equal footing"; and(c) The Northwest Ordinance of 1787, adopted into the Constitution of the United States by the reference of Article VI to prior engagements of the Confederation, first proclaimed the "equal footing" doctrine, and the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, by which the territory including Nevada was acquired from Mexico and which is "the supreme law of the land" by virtue of Article VI, affirms it expressly as to the new states to be organized therein.3. The exercise of broader control by the State of Nevada over the public lands within its borders would be of great public benefit because:(a) Federal holdings in the State of Nevada constitute 86.7 percent of the area of the State, and in Esmeralda, Lincoln, Mineral, Nye and White Pine counties the Federal Government controls from 97 to 99 percent of the land;(b) Federal jurisdiction over the public domain is shared among 17 federal agencies or departments which adds to problems of proper management of land and disrupts the normal relationship between a state, its residents and its property;(c) None of the federal lands in Nevada are taxable and Federal Government activities are extensive and create a tax burden for the private property owners of Nevada who must meet the needs of children of Federal Government employees, as well as provide other public services;(d) Under general land laws only 2.1 percent of federal lands in Nevada have moved from federal control to private ownership;(e) Federal administration of the retained public lands, which are vital to the livestock and mining industries of the State and essential to meet the recreational and other various uses of its citizens, has been of uneven quality and sometimes arbitrary and capricious; and(f) Federal administration of the retained public lands has not been consistent with the public interest of the people of Nevada because the Federal Government has used those lands for armament and nuclear testing thereby rendering many parts of the land unusable and unsuited for other uses and endangering the public health and welfare.4. The intent of the framers of the Constitution of the United States was to guarantee to each of the states sovereignty over all matters within its boundaries except for those powers specifically granted to the United States as agent of the states.5. The attempted imposition upon the State of Nevada by the Congress of the United States of a requirement in the enabling act that Nevada "disclaim all right and title to the unappropriated public lands lying within said territory," as a condition precedent to acceptance of Nevada into the Union, was an act beyond the power of the Congress of the United States and is thus void.6. The purported right of ownership and control of the public lands within the State of Nevada by the United States is without foundation and violates the clear intent of the Constitution of the United States.7. The exercise of such dominion and control of the public lands within the State of Nevada by the United States works a severe, continuous and debilitating hardship upon the people of the State of Nevada.(Added to NRS by 1979, 1362)

Alyosha
04-15-2014, 10:10 AM
You're welcome.

nic34
04-15-2014, 10:20 AM
The funny thing is all these alleged liberals are falling for this government is good thing and ignoring how their peeps are selling us out to the Chinese no differently than the Republicans are.

I just wish I could save Nic. He'd be great for our hippie community we're building. :(

Awww...

"Liberals" want to take back government from the billionaires... and make it work for working and middle class folks.

We can't do everything for ourselves in a world of 7 billion.

Love to join ya, but my place is here in Yavapai co. Not much snow and not much heat, grows killer chili. :grin:

Ravi
04-15-2014, 10:27 AM

http://law.justia.com/codes/nevada/2010/title26/chapter321/nrs321-596.html
A whining legislative intent is meaningless.

Alyosha
04-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Awww...

"Liberals" want to take back government from the billionaires... and make it work for working and middle class folks.

Love to join ya, but my place is here in Yavapai co. Not much snow and not much heat, grows killer chili. :grin:

Yes, but I don't think any of the fat cats in Washington, left or right, would take it back. I guess that's where we have our impasse. To me it's Us versus Them, where "Them" equals politicians and globalists.

Alyosha
04-15-2014, 10:35 AM

Can I quote you?

nic34
04-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Yes, but I don't think any of the fat cats in Washington, left or right, would take it back. I guess that's where we have our impasse. To me it's Us versus Them, where "Them" equals politicians and globalists.

But I agree. You give in too easily....:wink:

Captain Obvious
04-15-2014, 10:46 AM
This is why I'm no longer a Republican.

Idiocy

Green Arrow
04-15-2014, 11:46 AM

Come off it. Y'all just picked up DeSean Jackson and fired Shanahan. You're gonna be fine :tongue:

Ransom
04-15-2014, 11:48 AM
This is why I'm no longer a Republican.

Idiocy

You were tossed out, don't pretend you resigned.

Green Arrow
04-15-2014, 11:50 AM
This position you take is what makes me believe that political chart is bogus....
:grin:

Based on what, exactly? nic34

Ransom
04-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Come off it. Y'all just picked up DeSean Jackson and fired Shanahan. You're gonna be fine :tongue:

It is almost time to start a football thread!!!

Mainecoons
04-15-2014, 12:05 PM

We didn't cut Dan Snyder.

Green Arrow
04-15-2014, 12:10 PM

Oh, well you can't quit him unfortunately :tongue:

zelmo1234
04-15-2014, 01:53 PM

That was funny as hell I can't stop laughing! Thanks

zelmo1234
04-15-2014, 01:57 PM

I can't find in the constitution where it is unconstitutional for the states to succeed from the union? Can you?

And I also see no reason why the states have to continue to see their rights be eroded by the feds!

The more states that keep these actions going the more the feds will have to worry.

People are starting to set things up, so they can starve this beast we call the federal government

nic34
04-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Based on what, exactly? @nic34 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=572)

Secession. Seriously?

zelmo1234
04-15-2014, 02:01 PM
did you miss the rest of what he said...?

" many of the founding fathers and American leaders thoughout our history have affirmend a state's or states' right to revolt aganist the Union when..."an extraconstitutional right to revolt against conditions of "intolerable oppression"... exist. "

so what is the 'intolerable oppression' and where is the request for a redress of grievances?

How about just energy regulations! That would be all of the tyranny that one would need to have an oppressive government.

Then there is the FDA, the EPA, the DOE, DEA, ATF, DOT! The feds have their hands in everything!

There is no reason to readdress this, just end your support and go it alone!

Mainecoons
04-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Awww...

But they're all your billionaires, genius.

Bob
04-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Oh, well you can't quit him unfortunately :tongue:

I am a loyal 49er fan but from the looks of it, a lot of the team may wind up in jail. They keep getting arrested. Every one is black.

Green Arrow
04-15-2014, 02:03 PM
Secession. Seriously?

Yeah, what about it? How is it not in keeping with left-anarchism? We're right about where Gandhi is on the spectrum, and he too supported secession from Britain.

zelmo1234
04-15-2014, 02:09 PM

I think that you have him visit but don't let him stay, That thinking will poison the well!

zelmo1234
04-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Awww...

If you liberals are taking the government back from the billionaires? And you are 5+ years into the reign of arguably the most liberal President we have ever had?

Why is it that the billionaires are getting richer, and the poor and middle class are getting poorer? And the government is out of control and covering for the mass corruption of billion dollar companies and punishing small ranchers, inner city minorities, and the poor?

It might not be all it is cracked up to be!

Bob
04-15-2014, 02:15 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Alyosha http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=578013#post578013)

http://law.justia.com/codes/nevada/2...rs321-596.html (http://law.justia.com/codes/nevada/2010/title26/chapter321/nrs321-596.html)

Something twisted your wiring many years ago.

NV got robbed by the Outlaw Abe Lincoln.

I support NV wanting things made right.

Bob
04-15-2014, 02:18 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by nic34 http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=578044#post578044)
Awww...

Love to join ya, but my place is here in Yavapai co. Not much snow and not much heat, grows killer chili.

If you liberals are taking the government back from the billionaires? And you are 5+ years into the reign of arguably the most liberal President we have ever had?

Why is it that the billionaires are getting richer, and the poor and middle class are getting poorer? And the government is out of control and covering for the mass corruption of billion dollar companies and punishing small ranchers, inner city minorities, and the poor?

It might not be all it is cracked up to be!

It is super hard for me to fathom that they love the Feds. Far more than their own state.

Look up the massive lands claimed by the Feds. I once posted a table showing how they ripped off states and then claimed the states were equal. They are not equal.

I think if a Democrat is in office, they are loyal to the Feds but if a republican becomes president, suddenly they are loyal to the state of their domain.

Bob
04-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Awww...

No you don't. You love a super huge domineering Federal Government this is why you back Obama.

Bob
04-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Dear Secessionists: We’ll See Your Petition and Raise You

One of the many great things thing about America’s grand experiment in democracy is that people are free to object to it. In the nine days since Nov. 6, more than 500,000 signatures from residents of all 50 states have appeared on petitions demanding the right to secede from the union in light of President Obama’s reelection.

Most of the requests, hosted on the White House’s “We The People (https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/)” online petition website, ask that the President “peacefully grant the state of ______ [Maine (http://topics.time.com/maine/), Texas (http://topics.time.com/texas/), Wisconsin (http://topics.time.com/wisconsin/), etc.] to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.” Some even quote the Declaration of Independence (http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/) to support their argument.

Another great thing about America, however, is that people are free to make fun of each other — particularly of those citizens who appear to have skipped the fourth grade class when their teachers began the chapter on the Civil War (http://www.history.com/topics/american-civil-war).

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/11/15/petition-to-secede-obama-reelection/

You are saying to us that war makes right. That all you need to is piss off the boys in DC and they can wage war? Sure looks like that to me.

Bob
04-15-2014, 02:29 PM
The federal government is in fact a monster, self-created, self-sustained, and so far-reaching that it's frightening. I suppose that's why people ignore it, and believe the best.

It was never intended to be that large or contain the level of bureaucratic control that it is, but we can thank Adams and his Midnight Judges for that one.

How is it a "republican form of government" when the numbers of Senators and Congressmen are fixed at 435 for the House and 100 for the Senate while the people are approaching around 312 million (not including undocumenteds).

Is that truly a representative democracy, or "republic", when the number of elected officials is fixed at such a low number? That pretty much seals the deal that we will forever be run by corporations with access to those small, "chosen" few.

I have made that argument also. Glad I am in good company.

I forget the exact number but based on only memory, I think the Founders representatives represented maybe 17,000 citizens. Today each represents far more. I hate larger government but we the people lack representation.

nic34
04-15-2014, 02:30 PM
No you don't. You love a super huge domineering Federal Government this is why you back Obama.

Thanks for telling me what I think. You do that for everyone?

You seem a little domineering yourself.... you hang out with maincoons do you? :wink:

Ravi
04-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Something twisted your wiring many years ago.

NV got robbed by the Outlaw Abe Lincoln.

I support NV wanting things made right.

Robbed or not, they agreed to it. Just another example of Republicans trying to rig the presidential vote.

Ransom
04-15-2014, 04:15 PM

Quit blaming the owner and coaches Skin fans. Your QB flat out not as good as advertised(he might get better). Your defense is atrocious.

Reckon it is time for a football thread. But just football in that thread, can it be done?

Kalkin
04-15-2014, 04:22 PM

Yeah, the colonies did the same thing and called it The Declaration of Independence. Try reading it.