PDA

View Full Version : Bears Add Bush to Backfield Forte Unhappy

Conley
03-22-2012, 02:38 PM
The Chicago Bears agreed to terms Thursday with former Oakland Raiders running back Michael Bush, and franchise back Matt Forte doesn't seem too happy about it.

Bush gets a four-year contract worth up to $14 million, including $7 million in guaranteed money, according to a source.

"There's only so many times a man that has done everything he's been asked to do can be disrespected!" read a post on Forte's Twitter account. "Guess the GOOD GUYS do finish last ..."

Forte was recently designated the club's franchise player as the sides work to come to a long-term deal. The signing of Bush could be viewed as somewhat of an insurance policy for the Bears in the event Forte decides to hold out. The sides have until July 16 to come to an agreement on a multiyear extension. After that date, Forte must play under the tag, which comes with a salary of $7.74 million.

"Since drafting Matt in 2008, the Bears have signed Kevin Jones, Chester Taylor and Marion Barber, all ostensibly to serve as Matt's back-up," Forte's agent Adisa Bakari said. "To sign yet another running back, prior to completing a contract with Matt suggests disregard for Matt and his contributions to the Bears."

Forte has said in the past that he would be "hard to find" if the Bears tagged him, but the Bears have been adamant in expressing a desire for the sides to come to a long-term agreement.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7722093/2012-nfl-free-agency-chicago-bears-sign-michael-bush-matt-forte-unhappy

Wow, Forte is really bent out of shape. If they can get him to play to his potential though this is good news for the Bears and for Cutler. Perhaps JC can play peacemaker. :grin:

MMC
03-22-2012, 04:14 PM
The Chicago Bears agreed to terms Thursday with former Oakland Raiders running back Michael Bush, and franchise back Matt Forte doesn't seem too happy about it.

Bush gets a four-year contract worth up to $14 million, including $7 million in guaranteed money, according to a source.

"There's only so many times a man that has done everything he's been asked to do can be disrespected!" read a post on Forte's Twitter account. "Guess the GOOD GUYS do finish last ..."

Forte was recently designated the club's franchise player as the sides work to come to a long-term deal. The signing of Bush could be viewed as somewhat of an insurance policy for the Bears in the event Forte decides to hold out. The sides have until July 16 to come to an agreement on a multiyear extension. After that date, Forte must play under the tag, which comes with a salary of $7.74 million.

"Since drafting Matt in 2008, the Bears have signed Kevin Jones, Chester Taylor and Marion Barber, all ostensibly to serve as Matt's back-up," Forte's agent Adisa Bakari said. "To sign yet another running back, prior to completing a contract with Matt suggests disregard for Matt and his contributions to the Bears."

Forte has said in the past that he would be "hard to find" if the Bears tagged him, but the Bears have been adamant in expressing a desire for the sides to come to a long-term agreement.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7722093/2012-nfl-free-agency-chicago-bears-sign-michael-bush-matt-forte-unhappy

Wow, Forte is really bent out of shape. If they can get him to play to his potential though this is good news for the Bears and for Cutler. Perhaps JC can play peacemaker. :grin:

:slap:

Conley
03-22-2012, 04:18 PM
:laugh: Are you not familiar with the story of JC? :grin:

MMC
03-22-2012, 04:42 PM
:laugh: Are you not familiar with the story of JC? :grin:

Does a polar bear shit on ice? :angry: :laugh:

Conley
03-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Does a polar bear shit on ice? :angry: :laugh:

I never really thought about it. I guess assumed they do it in the water. :roflmao:

MMC
03-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Think Forte will be about producing now?

Conley
03-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Think Forte will be about producing now?

I don't know. I mean without him that team would have been pretty bad the last couple of years. I think Bush will do well and Forte seems to be willing to put up with a lot so I think it'll work out for the Bears in the long run. Forte has plenty of time to get over it before the season starts.

MMC
03-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Seems Forte's Twitter sight will all to his insight.

Conley
03-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Marion Barber retired:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7728522/chicago-bears-running-back-marion-barber-retired

I hope Tebow gave him something nice for that fumble!

MMC
04-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Briggs got another 1 year deal. So he will be back. Plus Forte is still not happy with the Franchise tag.