PDA

View Full Version : CNN is a joke

Conley
07-27-2011, 02:36 PM
I never watch the channel but saw this clip from the Daily Show

:D

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:393152" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-july-26-2011/cnn-anchor-don-lemon-appears-not-to-care-for-cnn">The Daily Show</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>

Crap, can't figure out how to embed it. Anyway take a look. Even CNN hates CNN :D

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-july-26-2011/cnn-anchor-don-lemon-appears-not-to-care-for-cnn

wingrider
07-28-2011, 01:56 AM
yeah man .. where is MMC when you need him? He is a genius at that

Conley
07-28-2011, 10:06 AM
MMC help a brutha out here!

O0

MMC
07-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Lemon Harangue lol.....I think you would would have to try to get it off u-tube. Not from there. I have trouble with the same type of format set up. Then I usually go to to U-Tube to see if they got something on it..... :-\

Conley
07-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Dang MMC you closin on a benjamin for your karma

:o

MMC
08-20-2011, 02:57 AM
Did anyone happen to see tonights episode of Anderson Cooper. Aug 20th, 2011 Usually I like listening to Cooper if it is dealing with something overseas. He is dead on when he is on the ground in most countries.

Yet tonight Cooper was interviewing an Ambassador to Syria. Cooper kept telling this Ambassdor, you lie. He then states that he has talked to people that were in Syria. The Ambassdor returned fire with you talk to 3, 10, 100 people. There are 23 million Syrians. Then Cooper went on a spiel about Amnesty, The UN, US, and other countries all accusing Syria and Assad of crimes against humanity. Questioning again whether Syria was lieing and then said you decide.

The one little problem I have with this is.....Cooper has not been on the Ground In Syria with any of these uprising that have taken place in Syria. So how can he call this guy a liar. he admits he has only talked to people. So there is no real way to dispute what the Syrian Ambassdor stated.

Conley
08-20-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about AC. By CNN standards he's pretty good I think, and it is cool when he goes to the places he is reporting on. However, I think he may have been out of line by accusing the ambassador of lying. Certainly he should know better than anyone that news can be faked and stories told by 'eyewitnesses' that never really happened. I am old school and think a journalist should report the news and not try to become part of the story.

MMC
08-20-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about AC. By CNN standards he's pretty good I think, and it is cool when he goes to the places he is reporting on. However, I think he may have been out of line by accusing the ambassador of lying. Certainly he should know better than anyone that news can be faked and stories told by 'eyewitnesses' that never really happened. I am old school and think a journalist should report the news and not try to become part of the story.

I agree with you on the journalist tip.....Some think Cooper is CIA. Vets from Iraq, Afghanistan, will tell you when he was embedded with them. Cooper has no problem picking up a weapon and help defend. Plus all talk about how he disappears. Which isn't exactly easy to do when embedded with a Unit. Plus he finds out shit that nobody else on Televison finds out about. Until After him.

I am sure he is human and makes mistakes. Plus I think it is the point he report and not try and get personal with his remarks. Even if the Syrians are gulty of what he says. Then why not ask those type of Questions. Such as do the Syrians believe that the MB and the Sunni are behind these uprisings? Should they not point out the fact they are the tribe that it is closest in descent of the orignal blood of the Syrians and Assyrians. That they are not Sunni and and should not have to give up power just because the Sunni have become the majority of the population.

Notice the World of Media does not want to ask those questions in which all would certainly like to have such knowledge. That it is not just some propaganda spin all against the Syrians. Moreover all the other Arab Uprisings are Shia that are protesting and demonstarting. With the exception of Egypt. Who is mixed as well and even with true Egyptians.

Conley
08-21-2011, 10:45 AM
That is interesting stuff about AC and CIA. I know he has always been really secretive and there have been questions about his upbringing etc. Rumor I read was that he was gay and that was why there was all the secrecy. Could be a cover story though.

MMC
08-21-2011, 11:17 AM
That is interesting stuff about AC and CIA. I know he has always been really secretive and there have been questions about his upbringing etc. Rumor I read was that he was gay and that was why there was all the secrecy. Could be a cover story though.

Well Vets from Iraq will tell you.....AC is a Vanderbuilt. That when coming under fire. Cooper has also engaged the enemy. For whence does he go while his camera crew is stuck embedded with the Military Unit.....also he has saved other Troopers Lives.

Conley
08-21-2011, 11:22 AM

Well Vets from Iraq will tell you.....AC is a Vanderbuilt. That when coming under fire. Cooper has also engaged the enemy. For whence does he go while his camera crew is stuck embedded with the Military Unit.....also he has saved other Troopers Lives.

Reminds me of Geraldo but I think that guy was a big phony, right? I had no idea AC was so good with a weapon and under fire. Where does a journalist develop skills like that? Something's up.

MMC
08-21-2011, 11:43 AM

Reminds me of Geraldo but I think that guy was a big phony, right? I had no idea AC was so good with a weapon and under fire. Where does a journalist develop skills like that? Something's up.

IMO Cooper is one of the better ones on Television. Except when he is doing all that useless chit-chat with whatever female reporters are up on his spot. CNN does lean left but they are more Centrist in their reporting.

Candy Crowley, Fareed Zakharis, and John King all know what they are talking about when reporting or hosting shows. Can't say the same for MSDNC.