PDA

View Full Version : A Fine of just $300

Cigar
04-23-2014, 10:32 AM
A former Bank of America senior vice president who conspired to rig municipal bond bids will not face prison time, despite pleading guilty.

Douglas Campbell escaped a possible 35-year jail sentence because he cooperated with prosecutors, investigating bid rigging in the municipal bond market which is worth $3.7tn (£2.2tn, €2.7tn).

He pleaded guilty in 2010 to three counts of wire fraud, conspiracy, and conspiracy to retain trade.

Campbell received a fine of just $300 and no further penalty.

US District Judge Kimba Wood said that the former Bank of America employee deserved clemency for his cooperation with federal investigators for almost a decade.

Campbell's lawyer, Walter Mack, said in a letter to the judge: "I have never represented a cooperating defendant who has given so much for so long at such cost to himself and his family."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/former-bank-america-senior-vp-guilty-bond-bid-rigging-escapes-jail-1445692

Well it's a good thing he wasn't found with 8 grams of Cocaine on him, otherwise he'd be looking at Life in Prison ... :laugh:

Oh wait ... he's not Black :wink:

Captain Obvious
04-23-2014, 10:34 AM
If he were black and in possession it would be crack, not coke.

Cigar
04-23-2014, 10:37 AM
If he were black and in possession it would be crack, not coke.

Crack is Cocaine :huh:

Captain Obvious
04-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Crack is Cocaine :huh:

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/70b/194/6b6/resized/successful-black-man-meme-generator-i-like-my-women-like-i-like-my-crack-cheap-dirty-and-white-eda1d5.jpg

hanger4
04-23-2014, 10:56 AM
A former Bank of America senior vice president who conspired to rig municipal bond bids will not face prison time, despite pleading guilty. Douglas Campbell escaped a possible 35-year jail sentence because he cooperated with prosecutors, investigating bid rigging in the municipal bond market which is worth $3.7tn (£2.2tn, €2.7tn). He pleaded guilty in 2010 to three counts of wire fraud, conspiracy, and conspiracy to retain trade. Campbell received a fine of just $300 and no further penalty. US District Judge Kimba Wood said that the former Bank of America employee deserved clemency for his cooperation with federal investigators for almost a decade. Campbell's lawyer, Walter Mack, said in a letter to the judge: "I have never represented a cooperating defendant who has given so much for so long at such cost to himself and his family." http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/former-bank-america-senior-vp-guilty-bond-bid-rigging-escapes-jail-1445692Well it's a good thing he wasn't found with 8 grams of Cocaine on him, otherwise he'd be looking at Life in Prison ... :laugh:Oh wait ... he's not Black :wink:Was Holder to lenient ??

nathanbforrest45
04-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Only a bedshitter would be concerned about this.

donttread
04-23-2014, 05:46 PM
A former Bank of America senior vice president who conspired to rig municipal bond bids will not face prison time, despite pleading guilty.

Douglas Campbell escaped a possible 35-year jail sentence because he cooperated with prosecutors, investigating bid rigging in the municipal bond market which is worth $3.7tn (£2.2tn, €2.7tn).

He pleaded guilty in 2010 to three counts of wire fraud, conspiracy, and conspiracy to retain trade.

US District Judge Kimba Wood said that the former Bank of America employee deserved clemency for his cooperation with federal investigators for almost a decade.

Campbell's lawyer, Walter Mack, said in a letter to the judge: "I have never represented a cooperating defendant who has given so much for so long at such cost to himself and his family."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/former-bank-america-senior-vp-guilty-bond-bid-rigging-escapes-jail-1445692

Well it's a good thing he wasn't found with 8 grams of Cocaine on him, otherwise he'd be looking at Life in Prison ... :laugh:

He could more than that for a joint in some places. Our legal system is broken.

The Xl
04-23-2014, 06:00 PM
Bankers are above the law, and the average drug offender, especially black ones, get time for doing nothing wrong.

The legal system in the US is a farce and I refuse to acknowledge it's legitimacy.

Mainecoons
04-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Finding a black ghetto dweller that does no wrong is pretty iffy these days.

Definitely they should be sharing space with bankers. Funny, this administration hasn't sent many of the latter there. I guess their campaign donations were just too rich.

Newpublius
04-23-2014, 09:15 PM

well, they have this in the drug trade too, some witnesses get immunity to testify against other witnesses. Nothing particularly unusual here actually.

The Xl
04-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Finding a black ghetto dweller that does no wrong is pretty iffy these days.

Definitely they should be sharing space with bankers. Funny, this administration hasn't sent many of the latter there. I guess their campaign donations were just too rich.

When someone is sentenced to a prison sentence because of a non violent drug offense and that alone, they have done nothing wrong, unless convicted of an actual crime.