PDA

View Full Version : Oops: More bad news for the GOP propaganda machine

Cigar
04-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Frequent ER Users Being Directed To Proper Med Facilities-Saving State $$$
http://gcn.com/articles/2014/04/22/%7E/media/GIG/GCN/Redesign/Articles/2014/April/ER_0.png

More bad news for the GOP propaganda machine: not only have a lot of folks signed up for Obamacare. Now they are directing frequent ER users to the proper medical facilities and saving the state money....

Kentucky uses health network to divert 'frequent fliers' from ERs

Like many states, Kentucky has been grappling with a disproportionate level of spending used to provide care to a tiny group of patients — the 1 percent or so who overuse hospital emergency rooms. Last year, state officials decided to do something about it.

Under a directive from Gov. Steve Beshear, the state launched an initiative with its Medicaid program to provide coordinated care for these “super-utilizer” patients -- also known as “frequent fliers--with the help of its secure electronic network.

Super-utilizers have long been a concern in Kentucky and elsewhere, but officials said they haven’t been able to effectively address their complex physical, behavioral and social needs so far. Dr. John Langefeld, chief medical officer for the Kentucky Department for Medicaid Services, said technology from data analytics to geomapping to communication is now helping officials connect super-utilizers with the right care.

“And we do think that’s what will create the difference moving forward from what we historically have experienced in a much more fragmented system,” he said.

MORE:
http://gcn.com/articles/2014/04/22/kentucky-er-super-utilizers.aspx

How's that repeal thang working out 4-yea :laugh:

Captain Obvious
04-23-2014, 11:48 AM
This is an ongoing healthcare field issue completely unrelated to Democrats, Republicans or the ACA.

Suggesting the ACA has any significant impact on this issue is a complete lie, this shift was well on it's way before the ACA.

For what it's worth, which isn't much on one of Cigar's threads.

Cigar
04-23-2014, 11:56 AM
http://www.politifake.org/image/political/small/1403/denial-isnt-just-river-africa-vik-politics-1393820704.jpg

Captain Obvious
04-23-2014, 12:01 PM
http://www.politifake.org/image/political/small/1403/denial-isnt-just-river-africa-vik-politics-1393820704.jpg

Awesome.

Explain to me then how the ACA is accomplishing this.

In your own words.

Yeah, don't worry - I won't wait for an answer. I have zero doubt if you do answer it will be some "back to back", "still law tomorrow" cop-out.

Kalkin
04-23-2014, 12:02 PM
That's not bad news for anyone.

Captain Obvious
04-23-2014, 12:05 PM

Exactly.

What it has to do with "yay Dems, boo Reps" is the question. That part is a lie basically.

Cigar
04-23-2014, 12:08 PM

Good so you say it's all Good with the GOP

great to hear :laugh:

Cigar
04-23-2014, 12:11 PM
Awesome.

Explain to me then how the ACA is accomplishing this.

In your own words.

Yeah, don't worry - I won't wait for an answer. I have zero doubt if you do answer it will be some "back to back", "still law tomorrow" cop-out.

THOUSANDS of NEW ELIGIBLE Kentucky Citizens NOW have Health Insurance ... who didn't before October 1st 2013 :laugh:

Enough said ... :grin: .... awaiting your facts to debunk

Kalkin
04-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Good so you say it's all Good with the GOP

great to hear :laugh:
I don't speak for the GOP, but common sense and cognitive ability support my contention, unlike the OP.

hanger4
04-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Geebus !! Cigar, do you read your frickin links ?? Do you understand what you read ?? From your link kid; ''Polly Mullins-Bentley, executive director of the Kentucky Governor¡¯s Office of Health Electronic Information, said the state began working on KHIE more than a decade ago in an effort to help healthcare providers quickly and securely exchange patient records, such as lab results, radiology reports, consultations and other information''. A frickin' decade they be workin' on this. Your brain is a terrible waste !!

Captain Obvious
04-23-2014, 12:14 PM
THOUSANDS of NEW ELIGIBLE Kentucky Citizens NOW have Health Insurance ... who didn't before October 1st 2013 :laugh:

So how does this work, explain to me what's happening here.

Instead of cut/pasting a line or two, use your words.

Kalkin
04-23-2014, 12:15 PM

Define "eligible", if you can. Eligible for marxist wealth redistribution subsidies? Your ends do not justify your means, comrade.

texan
04-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Read this aloud Cigar:

I am we todd did, I am sofa king we todd did.

Cigar
04-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Geebus !! Cigar, do you read your frickin links ?? Do you understand what you read ?? From your link kid; ''Polly Mullins-Bentley, executive director of the Kentucky Governor¡¯s Office of Health Electronic Information, said the state began working on KHIE more than a decade ago in an effort to help healthcare providers quickly and securely exchange patient records, such as lab results, radiology reports, consultations and other information''. A frickin' decade they be workin' on this. Your brain is a terrible waste !!

Hey DS ... what part of Thousdands More Kentucky Citizen Insured don't you get?

There's would be a problem if there's weren't more needing Health Care. :rollseyes:

Unplug your head from your ass ...

Captain Obvious
04-23-2014, 12:17 PM
What he means is that there's a shift in ER services to primary care, but this shift has been going on well before the ACA went into effect. States expanding Medicaid are part of the reason this trend continues but it's not the reason for the trend.

However, suggesting there is a cost savings (and there is to some extent) is a stretch considering there are now primary care costs (vs. ER costs), additional utilization - all of which are TAXPAYER FUNDED.

Did anyone look at the increased cost of providing this coverage?
Cigar ?

Cigar
04-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Read this aloud Cigar:

I am we todd did, I am sofa king we todd did.

Can you Read this?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-029qNtPxXok/UAWDk3sX0II/AAAAAAAAA4k/hDZp4erTA-M/s1600/o-middle-finger-fu.jpg

texan
04-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Things are great! Now if I could just afford gas, utilities, and groceries.

Kalkin
04-23-2014, 12:22 PM
But Obama said healthcare insurance costs less than your cellphone bill. And you can keep your doctors and plans.

Cigar
04-23-2014, 12:24 PM

If your sick or dead ... none if that is a problem :laugh:

Cigar
04-23-2014, 12:25 PM
But Obama said healthcare insurance costs less than your cellphone bill. And you can keep your doctors and plans.

:grin: ... and it's Law

Cigar
04-23-2014, 12:26 PM
So how does this work, explain to me what's happening here.

Instead of cut/pasting a line or two, use your words.

Go visit the Website if you need help ... :laugh:

Kalkin
04-23-2014, 12:27 PM
:grin: ... and it's Law
So was prohibition. So was Jim Crow. Liberal idiots always pass ridiculous laws when given enough rope. Enjoy the repeal.

Cigar
04-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Define "eligible", if you can. Eligible for marxist wealth redistribution subsidies? Your ends do not justify your means, comrade.

Give it some time, maybe a little Therapy ... but you'll get over it someday :laugh:

Captain Obvious
04-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Go visit the Website if you need help ... :laugh:

I guess I have to since your opinions and viewpoints are somebody elses anyway.

Cigar
04-23-2014, 12:28 PM
http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/compositions/5069191/views/1,width=280,height=280,appearanceId=1.png/you-lost-get-over-it_design.png

Kalkin
04-23-2014, 12:29 PM
Give it some time, maybe a little Therapy ... but you'll get over it someday :laugh:
Therapy is for vaginas. Enjoy the repeal.

texan
04-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Maybe I can afford those when my insurance goes down $2,500 a year.

hanger4
04-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Hey DS ... what part of Thousdands More Kentucky Citizen Insured don't you get?There's would be a problem if there's weren't more needing Health Care. :rollseyes:Unplug your head from your ass ...What part of *they started working on this more than 10 years ago* don't you understand ?? Nobody even knew Obama's name much less knew of ACA then.