PDA

View Full Version : I’m ‘thinking about’ 2016 run

Cigar
04-23-2014, 12:23 PM
:roflmao: The Republican told a crowd of about 200 people at a Catholic Charities fundraiser in New York that he is “thinking about running for president,” according to an attendee.

The response came to one of the first questions posed to Bush at the Union League luncheon. After his answer, the room went wild, and then someone said they hoped he would take the state.

“Would you call and tell my mom?” Bush quipped, a reference to his mother Barbara Bush’s comments that there have been enough Bushes in the White House.

The former Florida governor said he would make a decision right after this year’s midterm election

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/jeb-bush-2016-election-105948.html#ixzz2zjKMiOco

Kalkin
04-23-2014, 12:24 PM
No thanks. No more bushes, no more Clintons.

Common Sense
04-23-2014, 12:30 PM
I wonder if Elizabeth Warren will run...

Bob
04-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Jeb Bush was a very able Florida Governor. None of us want to be judged by our brothers or sisters acts.

Thus, why judge Jeb for acts by his brother?

Today, I have been brushing up on US history. We forget things if we don't brush up.

Buchanan refused to stand in the way of citizens voting of their free will to abandon a union of states that did not support them. Thus why should the seceding states support the North? This country was founded on private property rights. Just as your dog or your cat is your property, this is how states populations felt about slaves.

Today from our far distant perch, we can sanctiomoniously blast the then residents of the South states.

Buchanan lived then and came from PA and won his election. He was chosen to lead the USA. So what did he do that is called wrong? He supported states rights. Some presidents refused.

I was also reading about our own revolution which amounted again to states rights. The colonists did not set things up as a unit of government. They had 13 units of government.

Each unit, as today, had particular ways to govern the people.

NY State does not govern using the Florida way or the TX way. We actually, today, find value in that system. We still use it.

Buchanan got crapped on by our war mongering historians. The more I study this, the more persuaded I become.

Buchanan said the power of the president is limited. That it does not include making demands when the citizens of said states voted and chose a system, such as TX or Oregon or PA does this moment, on the public to stay or leave. He did not believe our system could get him to declare war on those living in the US.

Oh I don't know. Must we war against fellow citizens and be loved for mass killings?

Abe was.

Even in 1861, there were too many war loving people in this country.

They had to love war in 1775 because they spent 8 years making war. Washington hung some of his own men. 2 he hung because they were sick and tired of going with little food and poor shelter in terrible winters who had the brass balls to ask for food and shelter and be paid. They were promised pay, so Washington hung them. Talk about rights and all that stuff. I laugh when Washington is called great, owned hundreds of slaves and was the uber rich yet called our best or one of the best presidents. He hung 2 more for having the balls to seek fair treatment.

When I graduated high school in left wing California, we were cleverly trained by the public school to see right is right when defying the then lawful government of the British, yet wrong when defying some in this country determined to win using guns. Guns from Lincoln clearly were intended to top the vote by the public.

History in my view is taught in a very poor fashion. An agenda is first established. Once the agenda is figured out, then books and teachers programs are crafted to meet that agenda.

This leaves us worshiping Washington, a slave owner of great reputation, then hating those of the South for the same thing.

WOW, without intending to, I went from Jeb Bush to Washington in one commentary.

But let's discuss any of this. Or all of it in the context of freedom.

I said Bush was an able governor. Those men know government. I was watching Gov. Christie yesterday on CSPAN and greatly admire the man. He actually is interested in making his state far better. He appealed to the Chamber of Commerce to pitch in and help fix that state. He wants the state out of the red as to deficits and his state debts. He has many democrats who can block him. He wants all politicians to remember the people.

I think in the case of Jeb from all I know of him, he did fight for the people in Florida.

Okay, more later

texan
04-23-2014, 12:52 PM
If he runs he is a problemo for the anointed one namedHillary. Mexican wife fluent in Spanish, ruhro! I guess Hillary could pick ablack VP or a Mexican VP?

Captain Obvious
04-23-2014, 12:52 PM
It will be the same crop of GOPtards this term again, no doubt.

Palin will probably be in there somewhere.

Same shit, different term.

nic34
04-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Jeb's alright. That's why the right won't vote for him. :grin:

Elizabeth Warren is a good alt to another conservative like Hillary....

Chris
04-23-2014, 12:55 PM
Damn, I thought cigar was announcing his own candidacy. :grin:

Captain Obvious
04-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Damn, I thought cigar was announcing his own candidacy. :grin:

Resident derp isn't an elected office, lol!

GrumpyDog
04-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Bernie Sanders will probably be running in 2016. He is opposed to ACA because he recognized 2 things:

A. It was based on a Republican plan by Mitt Romney
B. Any plan by Mitt Romney is surely more about profit than people.

Perianne
04-23-2014, 01:53 PM

No more Democrats!

The Sage of Main Street
04-23-2014, 02:13 PM

The family that preys together stays together. I hear it all the time from the Religious Right.

Common Sense
04-23-2014, 02:15 PM
Preys on what?

Ransom
04-23-2014, 04:26 PM
I'm hoping as she's now unemployed, she can run in 2016. Sebelius for President(at least she's not from Kenya)

The Sage of Main Street
04-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Preys on what?

The 99%. These mutants have subhuman genes that drive them into becoming predatory beasts.