PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: Jimmy Carter was better on the budget than Ronald Reagan

Cigar
04-24-2014, 11:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M4RS9EXNz54

As Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) ponders a presidential bid, he has lately made efforts to wrap himself in the banner of Ronald Reagan. In op-eds and speeches, the libertarian tea partier has increasingly invoked the Republicans' most holy icon, especially after being attacked by members of his party's establishment who have accused him of isolationism...

Read More At:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2...

No Shit Sherlock :laugh:

zelmo1234
04-24-2014, 11:45 AM
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.heritage.org%2F 2013%2F01%2F25%2Fthe-curious-world-of-jack-lew-treasury-secretary-designate%2F&tbnid=sTMstqBYhpa6SM:&docid=IyYtznjUhlnxZM&h=397&w=560

He is right, it came on the back of the US military. Just as the Reagan deficits came largely from rebuilding it!

But neither can hold and Candle to the Bamster? He stands alone when it comes to budget deficits!

The Xl
04-24-2014, 11:52 AM
I'm no fan of Carter, or Rand for that matter, but he scores some points for attacking the fraud, the progressive, Ronald Reagan.

Cigar
04-24-2014, 11:56 AM
I'm no fan of Carter, or Rand for that matter, but he scores some points for attacking the fraud, the progressive, Ronald Reagan.

The question is, so is he Lying Now or back then?

Because a couple days ago he told another Lie ... that the last time America produced a Million Jobs was when Reagan was in office.

Anyone with basic computer experience can google that Lie in seconds

The Xl
04-24-2014, 11:59 AM

Because a couple days ago he told another Lie ... that the last time America produced a Million Jobs was when Reagan was in office.

I don't really care if Rand was lying or not, I'm not a fan of his, and probably won't vote for him.

But, by all means, he can keep attacking the progressive left and the progressive right.

Libhater
04-24-2014, 12:31 PM
I don't really care if Rand was lying or not, I'm not a fan of his, and probably won't vote for him.

But, by all means, he can keep attacking the progressive left and the progressive right.

The progressive right? You really do reside in la-la land.

Cigar
04-24-2014, 12:32 PM

Is that your answer to the question? :laugh:

The Xl
04-24-2014, 12:32 PM

Yeah, the progressive right, you know, the guys who increase the size and power of government and spend like it's going out of style.

Your guys.

The Xl
04-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Is that your answer to the question? :laugh:

The answer was, I don't know, because I'm not aware of the statement he made the other day.

Don't care either.

Ravi
04-24-2014, 12:51 PM
He won't be able to keep it up. Cons love them some Ronnie.

nic34
04-24-2014, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M4RS9EXNz54

As Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) ponders a presidential bid, he has lately made efforts to wrap himself in the banner of Ronald Reagan. In op-eds and speeches, the libertarian tea partier has increasingly invoked the Republicans' most holy icon, especially after being attacked by members of his party's establishment who have accused him of isolationism...

Read More At:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2...

No Shit Sherlock :laugh:

Ooh, that's gonna sting....:shocked:

nic34
04-24-2014, 02:14 PM
Committee approves bill naming 'Mount Reagan' in Nevada

The House Natural Resources Committee, on a voice vote, approved a bill from Rep. Joe Heck, R-Nev., that would name a part of Frenchman Mountain, located just east of Las Vegas, after the nation's 40th president.

And Heck endured some ribbing from Democrats before the voice vote on Wednesday.

Democratic Rep. Pete DeFazio of Oregon said a more fitting tribute would be to name Yucca Mountain after Reagan. Steps taken to develop Yucca Mountain as a nuclear waste repository accelerated during Reagan's presidency. Nevadans are overwhelmingly opposed to the proposed waste repository and members of the state's congressional delegation have worked diligently to kill it.

"If we were going to name something after the president, it ought to be something that actually had to do with the president's service in office, and something the president supported that was extraordinarily significant to the state of Nevada," DeFazio said.

Rep. Jared Huffman, D-Calif., said he thought DeFazio's amendment was "terrific" but wanted to take it a step further and name the planet after Reagan.

"We may want to consider going big with this Reagan-naming enthusiasm," Huffman said. "I'm beginning to see some possibilities in this."

Huffman said his reasoning was that if the planet were named after Reagan, then Republicans might be more concerned with taking up legislation dealing with global warming.

Republican members of the committee played along.

"If the gentleman would introduce legislation, I would guarantee that he'll have a hearing on that bill," said Rep. Doc Hastings, R-Washington, the chairman, in response to Huffman's idea for renaming the earth.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/10/committee-approves-bill-naming-mount-reagan-in-nevada/

Be careful what you wish for! :laugh:

zelmo1234
04-24-2014, 03:31 PM

Link! everyone knows that after the first 2 years when Clinton returned to Reaganomics and ended regulations that ended up causing the dot com bubble

texan
04-24-2014, 03:31 PM
I like Rand paul because he just says what he thinks. We would be a lot better off if they all did, instead you get lies from them now.

zelmo1234
04-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Ooh, that's gonna sting....:shocked:

Why? This is what I do not understand? ?Why is it that the truth has to be spun to fit an agenda?

why can't it just be the truth!

Carter was very conservative on things like the budget. he cut the hell out of the military spending, and his deficits looked better.

Reagan told everyone before he was elected that he was going to rebuild the military and that it was going to be expensive!

Mainecoons
04-24-2014, 03:40 PM
Reagan talked a lot better game of cutting government than he played. Anyone who was a grown up and a participant in that era would know this.

The difference between Reagan's time and that of the current occupant of the White House is that Reagan's policies actually ended the Carter malaise. ObombedIt has Rooseveltized the recession, making it seemingly endless while doing the grandest job in history of enriching the 0.1 percent with a stock market bubble.

nathanbforrest45
04-24-2014, 03:42 PM

"America" has never produced a million jobs. Businesses have produced those jobs. All the government has done is either cleared a path or impeded the flow. Right now its impeding the flow.

nathanbforrest45
04-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Reagan talked a lot better game of cutting government than he played. Anyone who was a grown up and a participant in that era would know this.

The difference between Reagan's time and that of the current occupant of the White House is that Reagan's policies actually ended the Carter malaise. ObombedIt has Rooseveltized the recession, making it seemingly endless while doing the grandest job in history of enriching the 0.1 percent with a stock market bubble.

Reagan also had a Speaker of the House who declared every Reagan budget proposal "Dead on Arrival"

nathanbforrest45
04-24-2014, 03:45 PM

If you understand the true nature of the Progressive Movement you will realize that there can be both left wing and right wing progressives.

Blackrook
04-24-2014, 11:49 PM
The point of the military build-up was to force the Soviet Union to match it, thereby destroying their economy and causing Communism to collapse. It worked.

Paperback Writer
04-26-2014, 11:33 AM

You realise, do you not, that a person can agree with action A and not action B, and still be consistent? Does your wife like everything you do? Prolly not, but I'm sure she likes you the whole person.