PDA

View Full Version : The End of Right-Wing Progressivism

Chris
04-24-2014, 06:15 PM
This came up, right-wing progressivism, in some thread, to the dismay of some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVRfyQM-s_0#t=77

In words, The End of Right-Wing Progressivism (http://www.theamericanconservative.com/the-end-of-right-wing-progressivism/).

Is it the end though?

kilgram
04-24-2014, 06:23 PM
The right never has been progressive :)

Progressive does not mean wanting more state. However I understand that in USA this term has deformed to this meaning.

Chris
04-24-2014, 06:27 PM
I use Progressivism in the modern American sense.

kilgram
04-24-2014, 06:29 PM
I use Progressivism in the modern American sense.
I know. I was joking.

Chris
04-24-2014, 06:37 PM
I know. I was joking.

The point actually came up earlier today in another thread where Green Arrow, iirc, contrasted more classical progressivism with modern progressivism. I can't find it now.

Green Arrow
04-24-2014, 07:58 PM
I think the modern progressives in the GOP have found ways to insulate themselves and basically ensure that they stay in power until they want to leave. I don't think ot's going to end any time soon, no.

midcan5
04-24-2014, 08:04 PM
Usually the AC is at least readable and makes a bit of sense, but the idea that the tea party is the pacifist wing of the conservative neocons and somehow that has changed things is a bit odd when you still constantly hear war cries from the republican aka conservatives aka neocons. That is the problem with using words to describe policy rather than examining the policy. Just today there was a lot of chest beating over President Obama showing respect to the Japanese figurehead. It would be nice if real world policy changed rather than just fluffy words that mean little. Check the piece comparing Palin and Obama on AC as more nonsense. Palin quit her job, last I check Obama is still working.

Captain Obvious
04-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Palin quit her job, last I check Obama is still working.

And they're both earning money.

I'll gamble that Palin's doing better considering her herd.

And you and me lose, that's the part that you're incapable of comprehending. We both lose.

Chris
04-24-2014, 09:23 PM
Usually the AC is at least readable and makes a bit of sense, but the idea that the tea party is the pacifist wing of the conservative neocons and somehow that has changed things is a bit odd when you still constantly hear war cries from the republican aka conservatives aka neocons. That is the problem with using words to describe policy rather than examining the policy. Just today there was a lot of chest beating over President Obama showing respect to the Japanese figurehead. It would be nice if real world policy changed rather than just fluffy words that mean little. Check the piece comparing Palin and Obama on AC as more nonsense. Palin quit her job, last I check Obama is still working.

Nice set of words you use instead of talking anything about any policies.

Spectre
04-24-2014, 09:24 PM
The very title of this thread is dumbass....

Chris
04-24-2014, 09:27 PM
...to a neocon, I suppose it is.

Green Arrow
04-24-2014, 10:36 PM
The very title of this thread is dumbass....

Hey, look, yet another lack of contribution.

Spectre
04-24-2014, 10:43 PM
I COULD contribute to a pile of shit, but I'd have to drop my pants...

Look:

There are more liberal Republicans--not as many as there used to be, but they still exist--but even here it's a stretch to call them 'progressives'. Not even all of the Dems are progressives, there are a few more conservative and moderate members there, but most of them these days are progressive to some extent or other.

Those of you who cal yourselves libertarians-but-social-liberals? Guess what? YOU ARE MORE 'PROGRESSIVE' THAN MCCAIN!!! There is no such THING as a progressive without being socially so--pro-abortion, pro-euthenasia, pro-legalizing recreational drugs, pro-gay marriage, etc etc