PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Elizabeth Warren: "I think it is obscene for the government to make profits..."

Green Arrow
04-24-2014, 10:32 PM
Quite frankly, I agree with her completely, and she's once again showing that she's one of the few Democrats I can get behind.

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/10168168_752922461415281_4704510899377649482_n.jpg

Blackrook
04-24-2014, 11:23 PM
It's all going to collapse when all those students default and the taxpayers will end up holding the bag, as usual.

momsapplepie
04-24-2014, 11:28 PM
She's a faker. She made profits off of lying and making an elite salary in a college, where she LIED to get that position to supposedly earn, and she wants to bitch about government? Fauxcahontis. She whines about college tuition but she takes an elite pay?
An excellent example of the lying political elite.
There is no way this woman would get my vote.

Blackrook
04-24-2014, 11:41 PM
The universities have grown fat off these student loans. I remember when I was at law school, they had tons of money to throw around on new buildings, etc. The parking garage was destroyed in an earthquake and they had no problem rebuilding it.

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 12:34 AM
She's a faker. She made profits off of lying and making an elite salary in a college, where she LIED to get that position to supposedly earn, and she wants to bitch about government? Fauxcahontis. She whines about college tuition but she takes an elite pay?
An excellent example of the lying political elite.
There is no way this woman would get my vote.

And yet, she has a record in Congress of backing up her words with actions, which often puts her at odds with the Democrat establishment.

Spectre
04-25-2014, 12:41 AM
And yet, she has a record in Congress of backing up her words with actions, which often puts her at odds with the Democrat establishment.

Spoken like the true progressive that you are.

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 05:34 AM
Spoken like the true progressive that you are.

Lol, so now it's progressive to value actions over words and fight the establishment?

If that's wrong, I don't want to be right!

patrickt
04-25-2014, 06:40 AM
That's funny. A senator who thinks the U.S. government makes a profit on anything. Amazing. Of course, she thinks she's a Native American, too.

hanger4
04-25-2014, 06:51 AM
Lol, so now it's progressive to value actions over words and fight the establishment?If that's wrong, I don't want to be right!No, it's progressive to deny and dismiss a politicians lies and hypocrisy because of ones partisanship.

nic34
04-25-2014, 06:58 AM
Lol, so now it's progressive to value actions over words and fight the establishment?

If that's wrong, I don't want to be right!

You didn't expect nonpartisan thoughtful discussion did you? She's just another fake Indian. :laugh:

Common Sense
04-25-2014, 07:02 AM
What exactly are her lies?

Edit: Oh right...the native thing. Yeah, that was dumb.

Cigar
04-25-2014, 07:03 AM
It's all going to collapse when all those students default and the taxpayers will end up holding the bag, as usual.

Wait ... Tax Payers?

Are you a Hero if you don't Pay Taxes?

hanger4
04-25-2014, 07:56 AM
What exactly are her lies?Edit: Oh right...the native thing. Yeah, that was dumb.That ''native thing'' she used to better herself at the expence of someother real minority. Simply put tis fraud.

Ransom
04-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Quite frankly, I agree with her completely, and she's once again showing that she's one of the few Democrats I can get behind.

When did the government take over school loans GA, what party and President did that. This is bullshit. The Demcorats are desperate for a platform, if they can reduce or eliminate current debt held by students, it's a strong election give-away. The government took over the student loan programs years ago....all of the sudden 7 months before an election, it's immoral to charge interest?

texan
04-25-2014, 09:04 AM
The students will eventially pay. You can't hide from Uncle Sam. We could have some issues but they will be short termed.

I tend to agree with Warren, the rates should be a handling fee to soupprt the system aqs there are costs and shouldn't really be a profit. We have a community college system in place to help with expenses, that should be encouraged instead of dumb parents who can't say NO to little Johnnie for going to a big university from the get go and running retarded tabs up on themselves.

Captain Obvious
04-25-2014, 09:07 AM
What profits?

Show me the numbers.

I smell bullshit somewhere.

Mainecoons
04-25-2014, 09:12 AM
The government took over student loans in 2010. Guess who was totally in charge at that time?

Is Elizabeth "Pocahantas" Warren admitting that her fellow Democrats screwed needy college students?

Here's some questions for you along these lines: Do you think college inflation would have wildly outstripped general price increases had student loans not been available? Did that easy money (for the college educrats) make college too damned expensive in the U.S.? Did that easy money also make it easy for states to spend less on colleges, adding to tuition inflation?

Ransom
04-25-2014, 09:19 AM
The students will eventially pay. You can't hide from Uncle Sam. We could have some issues but they will be short termed.

The President with a pen an a phone can forgive debt by exec order.

I tend to agree with Warren, the rates should be a handling fee to soupprt the system aqs there are costs and shouldn't really be a profit. We have a community college system in place to help with expenses, that should be encouraged instead of dumb parents who can't say NO to little Johnnie for going to a big university from the get go and running retarded tabs up on themselves.

So...if the student works his or her ass off and gets into Duke.......the parents should say NO to little Johnny and send them to Community College where all the really awesome research and learning institutions reside?

You come up with any more brilliant f'n ideas.....don't hesitate to throw em on out here.

For the love of God.

Dad, I just got accepted to Harvard.

Can you say Middle Massachusetts county Community College Son....the answer is NO.

Daddy.....I graduated with honors....and have been accepted at Georgia Tech.

Sorry Honey.......Daddy is saying NO. Try the local community college here in town, it's an excellent school.

I mean.....you simply cannot make some if the shit up I read in here......it's....amazing.

Captain Obvious
04-25-2014, 09:20 AM
Nobody has numbers then.

Nice...

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 02:31 PM
When did the government take over school loans GA, what party and President did that. This is bullshit. The Demcorats are desperate for a platform, if they can reduce or eliminate current debt held by students, it's a strong election give-away. The government took over the student loan programs years ago....all of the sudden 7 months before an election, it's immoral to charge interest?

She has been fighting student loan increases since before she was in Congress. If this were any other Democrat, I'd agree that it's an election year ploy, because for most of them it is. But she has a record that stretches beyond Congress in standing in opposition to this.

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 02:33 PM
What profits?

Show me the numbers.

I smell bullshit somewhere.

Interest rates don't make a profit?

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 02:34 PM
No, it's progressive to deny and dismiss a politicians lies and hypocrisy because of ones partisanship.

So far, the only partisanship here is those who can't even discuss the issue without frothing at the mouth over Elizabeth Warren as a person.

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 02:35 PM
That ''native thing'' she used to better herself at the expence of someother real minority. Simply put tis fraud.

Suddenly conservatives love Affirmative Action? When did this happen?

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 02:36 PM
The government took over student loans in 2010. Guess who was totally in charge at that time?

Not Elizabeth Warren.

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 02:37 PM
When did the government take over school loans GA, what party and President did that.

Spectre
04-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Elizabeth Warren is one of the most uber-left-wing politician in the US.

hanger4
04-25-2014, 02:42 PM
So far, the only partisanship here is those who can't even discuss the issue without frothing at the mouth over Elizabeth Warren as a person.Hey, your the who supports a poly who lies about her heritage and uses that lie to benefit herself financilly and politically. That's kind a partisan don't-ja-think ??

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Elizabeth Warren is one of the most uber-left-wing politician in the US.

Which is unfortunately lost these days. We have Warren, Brown (Sherrod, not Scott), and Sanders. That's pretty much it in Congress. Harkin is leaving.

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Hey, your the who supports a poly who lies about her heritage and uses that lie to benefit herself financilly and politically. That's kind a partisan don't-ja-think ??

Not really, no. Partisanship is supporting one party, particularly with blind, prejudiced, or unreasoning allegiance. That does not describe my support for Warren at all. Unless you'd care to point out where I defended her "lie."

Cthulhu
04-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Wait ... Tax Payers?

Are you a Hero if you don't Pay Taxes?

Only if you are required to by the mandates. Otherwise you're just a broke bubba with an ideal you don't have to actually get behind. If people like Codename Section and my grand mother didn't pay taxes I would consider them heroes - because they have to.

The rest of us broke bubbas don't really have to pay income taxes.

patrickt
04-25-2014, 03:03 PM
A. The government doesn't make a profit. They couldn't if they wanted to. When you are running a deficit and up to your ass in debt, you are not making a profit.
B. Who do the leftists think should make a profit? Anyone?
C. Racial discrimination is wrong but even worse is people like Warren who pretend to be minorities to reap benefits.

Mainecoons
04-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Not Elizabeth Warren.

Her Democrats, that's who.

And she's a faux Indian to boot. A fraud.

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Her Democrats, that's who.

Should McCain and Graham be Rand Paul's Republicans? Should we judge him by actions not his own just because they share the same party label?

Come on, Maine, you're better than this partisan crap.

And she's a faux Indian to boot. A fraud.

Show me a person who has never lied, and I will be concerned.

patrickt
04-25-2014, 07:51 PM
There are millions of people who have not lied so they could unfairly benefit from government programs. Most people leave the "everybody does it" argument behind when the reach puberty.

Mainecoons
04-25-2014, 07:58 PM
Should McCain and Graham be Rand Paul's Republicans? Should we judge him by actions not his own just because they share the same party label?

Come on, Maine, you're better than this partisan crap.

Show me a person who has never lied, and I will be concerned.

Dude, this isn't partisan crap. The takeover of the college loan program was, like ObombedItCare, wholly a result of the Democrat majority. That isn't partisan, that is FACT.

Sorry, guy, she's a fraud.

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Dude, this isn't partisan crap. The takeover of the college loan program was, like ObombedItCare, wholly a result of the Democrat majority. That isn't partisan, that is FACT.

Sorry, guy, she's a fraud.

The point you're not getting is that she wasn't anywhere near Congress when that happened. It is partisan crap to blame her for something she had no part in just because she has a (D) next to her name.

Guerilla
04-25-2014, 11:20 PM
A. The government doesn't make a profit. They couldn't if they wanted to. When you are running a deficit and up to your ass in debt, you are not making a profit.
B. Who do the leftists think should make a profit? Anyone?
C. Racial discrimination is wrong but even worse is people like Warren who pretend to be minorities to reap benefits.

A. Just because they are in debt doesn't mean they don't make profits. It just means that they are inefficient and can't help but be in debt, despite profits.
B. Not the government.
C. This is true. But is it any better for minorities to reap benefits simply for being a minority? I'd put Warren on the same low level as minorities for getting benefits they shouldn't have. But warren isn't any worse for it.

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 11:22 PM
A. Just because they are in debt doesn't mean they don't make profits. It just means that they are inefficient and can't help but be in debt, despite profits.
B. Not the government.
C. This is true. But is it any better for minorities to reap benefits simply for being a minority? I'd put Warren on the same low level as minorities for getting benefits they shouldn't have. But warren isn't any worse for it.

All she did was say she had Native American ancestry and got a better paycheck and her way through Harvard off of it. They are acting like she killed someone.

Guerilla
04-25-2014, 11:31 PM
All she did was say she had Native American ancestry and got a better paycheck and her way through Harvard off of it. They are acting like she killed someone.

What I have a problem with is them acting like the Natives are somehow better for getting a free check. Neither of them should get the check, but if they are giving them out, then I don't blame Warren for getting hers.

And at least she used the money responsibly to pay her way through college. It's not like she bought a bunch of crack.

I think they just want to talk shit on a (D) whenever they can.

Guerilla
04-25-2014, 11:43 PM
So would any of the people talking shit on Warren actually like to give their opinion about the issue of government making profits?

Small minds discuss people.
Average minds discuss events.
Large minds discuss ideas.

Some of you have said a lot about yourselves in this thread :grin:

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 11:47 PM
So would any of the people talking shit on Warren actually like to give their opinion about the issue of government making profits?

Small minds discuss people.
Average minds discuss events.
Large minds discuss ideas.

Some of you have said a lot about yourselves in this thread :grin:

I did find it awfully telling how quickly the conservatives derailed this thread, rather than discuss the topic - student loans and government profit. I agree with your previous post, it's just partisanship at work.

Guerilla
04-25-2014, 11:59 PM
I did find it awfully telling how quickly the conservatives derailed this thread, rather than discuss the topic - student loans and government profit. I agree with your previous post, it's just partisanship at work.

Indeed.

I thought it was an interesting, not very talked about subject. I hope people who know more about the actual topic will comment. It could be a good thread.

sachem
04-26-2014, 12:06 AM
No, it's progressive to deny and dismiss a politicians lies and hypocrisy because of ones partisanship.No. That's life along the political spectrum.

momsapplepie
04-26-2014, 12:50 AM
I think warren has no room to talk. She has taken money as a college elite for years even though she is rich, A 1%er, as a matter of fact. If she cared so much about students and their tuition, or getting an education, maybe she should put her money where her mouth is.

Ransom
04-26-2014, 12:57 AM

The program didn't begin until 1965, the Department of Education not making loans until 1994. Obama's signature ended the choice of going through a private entity for a college loan. Homework first, comment second. It's a wonderful gimmick to relieve debt while sending that much more money to our higher learning institutions...where much Democrat support resides.

Green Arrow
04-26-2014, 01:07 AM
I think warren has no room to talk. She has taken money as a college elite for years even though she is rich, A 1%er, as a matter of fact. If she cared so much about students and their tuition, or getting an education, maybe she should put her money where her mouth is.

You are off topic. Would you like to discuss the topic, which is exorbitant interest on student loans and government profiteering?

Green Arrow
04-26-2014, 01:09 AM
The program didn't begin until 1965, the Department of Education not making loans until 1994. Obama's signature ended the choice of going through a private entity for a college loan. Homework first, comment second. It's a wonderful gimmick to relieve debt while sending that much more money to our higher learning institutions...where much Democrat support resides.

What would you suggest we do, Ransom? You've already argued in favor of students going to good universities. How do they pay for it without government loans, and how do they keep themselves out of debt when interest on those loans continues to go up to ridiculous levels every year?

Mainecoons
04-26-2014, 07:40 AM

And you have no problem with this kind of deception and theft?

I'm really disappointed in you, really.

patrickt
04-26-2014, 08:59 AM
The government is not showing a profit. Lefists don't seem to understand the concept of "profit".

donttread
04-26-2014, 09:35 AM

Governments "profit" from all kinds of things including tobacco sales and gambling. But they almost never "make a profit"

Paperback Writer
04-26-2014, 11:25 AM
She has been fighting student loan increases since before she was in Congress. If this were any other Democrat, I'd agree that it's an election year ploy, because for most of them it is. But she has a record that stretches beyond Congress in standing in opposition to this.

She has a record of good intentions but her solutions show an abysmal lack of coherency on economics.

Green Arrow
04-26-2014, 02:26 PM
She has a record of good intentions but her solutions show an abysmal lack of coherency on economics.

I won't argue against that. I'm not an economist, either. One of the nice things about Congress is that the economists in Congress can make up for her economic deficiency. She can present the ideas, they can work out how to implement them without screwing everything up.

Ideally, that's how it would work, anyway.

Green Arrow
04-26-2014, 02:26 PM
And you have no problem with this kind of deception and theft?

I'm really disappointed in you, really.

Again, where did I defend it?

patrickt
04-26-2014, 03:09 PM
The government doesn't make a profit. Liberals don't understand the concept.

Peter1469
04-26-2014, 03:22 PM
The government doesn't make a profit. Liberals don't understand the concept.
By law the government is not supposed to make a profit. Most agencies are funded by annual appropriation (taxes) and some can charge fees. But those fees are only to cover costs.

Newpublius
04-26-2014, 04:00 PM
the problem with the government is epitomized by Warren's idiocy, and I assure you she is a grade A fucking moron. the student loans do make a 'gross profit' because they do float the loans and they do collect interest. what the government doesn't account for of course is the cost of capital. the government is borrowing the money at a certain rate and while it does lend it at a higher rate, GIVEN the operating costs, the government's profit doesn't exceed the amount its paying in an opportunity cost.

that's how you know there's fucking morons running our country.

Newpublius
04-26-2014, 04:01 PM
the problem with the government is epitomized by Warren's idiocy, and I assure you she is a grade A fucking moron. the student loans do make a 'gross profit' because they do float the loans and they do collect interest. what the government doesn't account for of course is the cost of capital. the government is borrowing the money at a certain rate and while it does lend it at a higher rate, GIVEN the operating costs, the government's profit doesn't exceed the amount its paying in an opportunity cost.

that's how you know there's fucking morons running our country.