PDA

View Full Version : Toppling the Tea Party

Peter1469
04-25-2014, 04:48 AM
Toppling the Tea Party, or Democrat Butt Hurt (http://inthesetimes.com/article/16534/toppling_the_tea_party_governors)

Interesting article discussing democratic strategy for the near future. They seem to understand their fundamental problem- their voting base is concentrated in major urban areas so they will demographically have a hard time ever gaining control of the House again. As well as having trouble with state level elections, again, outside of the major urban centers.

They don't seem to understand that is how the Founders intended things to be. (Of course Gerrymandering makes it worse, but both parties take advantage of that when they are in charge).

Anyway, just thought that I would share.

zelmo1234
04-25-2014, 05:11 AM
I remember those signs! The public workers were pissed when the state decided to tax the income they get from their pension!

it had been free of state income tax before that!

You should have seen what they did when right to work passed.

And yes people outside of cities are growing tired of the nanny state, because in large they get to pay for the free stuff that is given to the cities!

Libhater
04-25-2014, 05:33 AM
The Dems want to eliminate the electoral college as well since the popular vote alone would go in their favor
having secured the urban area votes with all of their mind-numbed illegal and welfare oriented peoples.

Ransom
04-25-2014, 08:19 AM
I remember advice coming from my liberal friends that if the Republicans ever wanted to win an election again, they'd have to become "more tolerant." Open our party tent so to speak. I believe that sword cuts two ways. Could it be possible that the Democrat Party will have to become more tolerant? Embrace constituents that don't always conform with doctrine? Pro-lifers. Gun enthusiasts. Border security proponents, voter ID proponents, lower tax proponents....the Democrat Party may in fact have difficulty winning the House again without changing their Party.....and without a rock star candidate...they could lose the White House in 2016.

Imagine the Democrats completely out of power following the just recent 2008 sweep. It would mark the biggest collapse of any political party in history. It's been in demise since Jan 2009.

texan
04-25-2014, 08:37 AM
I don't know why the Tea Party needs to be toppled. If they are not representing their constituents then they will be replaced by voters. Thats the way it works around here and people should appreciate the process more.

Chris
04-25-2014, 08:47 AM
I can understand why the Democrats would want to topple the Tea Parties. The Tea Parties are out to topple establishment Republicans who have developed a habit of compromising if not conceding to the Democrats.

Mainecoons
04-25-2014, 09:29 AM
Toppling the Tea Party, or Democrat Butt Hurt (http://inthesetimes.com/article/16534/toppling_the_tea_party_governors)

Interesting article discussing democratic strategy for the near future. They seem to understand their fundamental problem- their voting base is concentrated in major urban areas so they will demographically have a hard time ever gaining control of the House again. As well as having trouble with state level elections, again, outside of the major urban centers.

They don't seem to understand that is how the Founders intended things to be. (Of course Gerrymandering makes it worse, but both parties take advantage of that when they are in charge).

Anyway, just thought that I would share.

This is a real laugh if it didn't just show the level of denial and running away from responsibility for bad ideas that characterizes the left. They've been in charge of the economy for nearly 6 years and the result has been a marked explosion in the wealth of the 0.01 percent and a drastic decline in the middle class. Yet they are going to run on the economy? This is as incredible as "Pocahontas" Warren complaining about the policies her Democrats foisted on college loans making money on the backs of the students.

What we have here is yet another demonstration on the level of the Roosevelt failure with the Depression that if government attacks the productive, the productive will produce less. We have yet another failure of Keynes ideas so beloved by the left. Rampant money printing has accomplished just what? Impoverishment of small savers and enrichment of the Soros, Buffetts and Kochs.

Newpublius
04-25-2014, 10:52 AM
Fiscal responsibility, limited government and free markets.....believe it or not, in principle, these concepts poll quite favorably, and shocker, there are people, like myself, who actually stand for these things.

no no wonder the democrats (and establishment Republicans) don't like it......

texan
04-25-2014, 01:33 PM
When you call the Tea Party neames remember that year after year I have heard the same damn arguments by both parties and NOTHING much has changed for the middle class. The rich are richer, the poor are richer, tax rates are up, salaries the same as when I started working for most positions.

But hey who cares right? This isn't about us its about our teams. Gotta win and protect them at all costs, right?

sachem
04-25-2014, 02:14 PM
I don't know why the Tea Party needs to be toppled. If they are not representing their constituents then they will be replaced by voters. Thats the way it works around here and people should appreciate the process more.Yeah. They can't even beat mainstream Republicans in many races. It will be many years before they become a real threat.

Mainecoons
04-25-2014, 05:00 PM
Boy they sure scare the shit out of the liberals, including our own idiots, don't they though?

How else to explain their obsession with the TP and the constant lies and personal attacks on it?

Chris
04-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Boy they sure scare the shit out of the liberals, including our own idiots, don't they though?

How else to explain their obsession with the TP and the constant lies and personal attacks on it?

That's just it, if they're no accounts, why the concern? Why the great effort to disparage and distort their message? Makes no sense. Liberals.

Peter1469
04-25-2014, 07:08 PM
Absolutely. The corrupt establishment of both parties is fearful of what the Tea Party(ies) can do.

darroll
04-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Don't care if the dems stay in power, you can still make money when things fall on their a$$.